Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stripe's Journal - Dr. Barinov LATN Externals  (Read 39865 times)

myloginacct

Re: Stripe's Journal - Dr. Barinov LATN Externals
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2017, 10:37:33 PM »

This is definitely the most amazing diary in the forums.

I just wanted to ask you one thing: can you tell me how much easier things would have been for you had you stopped at 4cm, and at 5cm? If I ever do LL, those are the numbers I'd settle on, so it'd help a lot to hear from you.

I'm also glad to hear you got over your height dysphoria, no longer rely on crutches and that your life seems to be going so well.

Big Decision

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2018, 03:14:46 AM »

could you tell me how much you paid in overall?

And how did you manage to get off work for such a long time?

my biggest concern right now aside from the price tag is how i can possibly get off from work for months, nobody talks about it, i'm thinking about 8cm on my femur in Russia

contacted Dr Barinov several times , no answer
It seems to be hard thing to get a hold of doctors

Stripes

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2018, 10:36:24 PM »

I just wanted to ask you one thing: can you tell me how much easier things would have been for you had you stopped at 4cm, and at 5cm? If I ever do LL, those are the numbers I'd settle on, so it'd help a lot to hear from you.

Definitely a lot easier if I had stopped at 4/5. Would have shed a few months off I believe.

Stripes

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2018, 10:39:57 PM »

could you tell me how much you paid in overall?

And how did you manage to get off work for such a long time?

Here is the breakdown of the expenses in Euros:

14 500 EUR - LL Surgery + 1 month accommodation
300 EUR - roundtrip plane tickets from Brussels to Volgograd
1000 EUR - +1 month accommodation in clinic (this can be negotiated to be much, much less)
4000 EUR - nail surgery

An alternative to the accommodation in the clinic is living in an apartment. Here is the breakdown for the apartment expenses every month.

280 EUR - Rent, internet
66 EUR - Errand boy services (grocery delivery twice weekly)
53 EUR - Weekly cleaning service
78 EUR - Average monthly groceries (vegetables, meats, juice, eggs, sauces, snacks etc)
95 EUR - Chef services (comes 3 times a week cooks two days worth of food)
Total: 572 EUR a month.

As for work - I was still a student and was working part time. Btw - Barinov does not do femurs. I would avoid any procedure that involves external femurs.

Android

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2018, 11:48:00 PM »

Thanks for the breakdown, Stripe. Nice to get an idea on how much the other necessities cost.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2018, 05:53:43 AM »

Hi Stripe - really enjoyed reading this enlightening diary. Thank you very much for taking the time.

Did you know anyone doing LL with Dr Barinov who simultaneously used the procedure to correct bow legs? I am 180cm which is an okay height, but my calves are bowed. I sometimes get knee pain as a result. I often consider bow leg correction, and if it would be possible to gain another 5cm height as well that would be perfect.

I understand there are some Russian patients in the clinic who are there just for straightening. Did you meet anyone who did both lengthening and straightening, and how it turned out for them?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up