Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Sarin - Internal Femur Dec 2015  (Read 34449 times)

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
Dr Sarin - Internal Femur Dec 2015
« on: November 22, 2015, 09:21:08 AM »

Hi all!

This is Merlion. I'm a pretty young chap at 20, standing at 173 cm. Not really tall or short - people may say, but to me i always see myself at 6 ft. I have body dysmorphic disorder and I have been wearing 9 cm lifts in my boots for 3 years every single day due to my height dysphoria - i think some of you can relate. My idealistic goal would be 10 cm of course, but i read the risk involved lengthening any more than 5 cm. So I will do the best of my ability and accept what i can get. But minimally I'm looking at 7 cm. I'm a risk taker by nature.

I know there's a risk in doing leg lengthening with Dr Sarin. I read on this forum and also on old forum . But... I'm having really bad depression from this. I don't think I can continue living about my height situation and this is all the money I can gather to do my leg lengthening. So please just allow me to share my experience with the world. I hope y'all can support and be with me through my LL journey. It means a lot to me.

My surgery is on the 2nd Dec 2015 at New Delhi. My flight is on the 29th Dec 2015. It's less than a week from now. How am I feeling? Pretty damn scared on what's to come - never been so pussy in my whole life I'm never like that - it's also my very first surgery in my life. And at the same time, I'm excited whenever i visualise the result i will achieve at the end of my journey. I'm pretty weird. Sometimes.

Ok so i'm preparing myself mentally and physically for the surgery now. And because I will be away for a long time, I will be bidding "temporary farewell" to my love ones for the next couple of days. It's my first time spending Christmas, New Year, Chinese New Year and Good Friday alone. Oh boy - it's gonna be a long 4 months in India...

I have a fancy camera. So i will be keeping you all posted with nice pictures, my thoughts and feelings.

If there is anyone, ANYONE, that is doing limb lengthening with Dr Sarin, please, contact me here or at thisismerlion@gmail.com. It will definitely help to have a buddy physically there going through this together with me. Nevertheless, game strong.

God bless.

All loves,
Merlion
NOW: Dr Sarin External LON for Tibia LL
Current height: 180 cm | Goal height: 186 - 188 cm
DONE: Dr Sarin Internal Hydraulic Nail for Femur LL
Before height: 173 cm | Achieved height: 180 cm

Penguinn

Re: Dr Sarin - Internal Femur Dec 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 10:27:46 AM »

I'm confused, if you know there's a big risk involved with Sarin, why are you going to him? There's tons of good doctors doing LL for the same price.

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »

Hey! I don't think so man. He only charges me 20,000 USD for everything. 

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 04:08:05 PM »

Sorry, just read you were doing internals.
What internal femur nail/method are you using?

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »

No worries man. Hydraulic nail (HLN) from Belgium - you can check it out at this web link: http://www.jeannor.be/lengthening-nail.html

Devildog 0331

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »

Good luvk hope everything goes well...

Taller

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 04:37:14 PM »

Best of luck with your lengthening man! Hope you'll stick around to share your experience and recovery.

Average2Tall

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 04:39:40 PM »

Hey Merlion!

Good luck with your surgery, these guys in the other hand don't have much to give.......it's more like this nail is still in the testing phrase or guys like you are going to be the guinea pigs for this company......what a huge gamble? :'(     

Do you know any person who has use this nail before?
How much experience does your doctor have with this nail?
What are the possible risks he told you regarding using this nail?

The price is unbeatable for an internal nail i can tell you that, but...............looking forward to more positive experience after using this nail.

Svensk

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »

I will definitely follow this diary!

Good luck with your journey and hope everything goes well, keep us updated :)
Why didn't the short guy come in to the night club?
-No leg

Goal: 7 cm femurs in summer 2017

Devildog 0331

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »

Honestly they nail looks way too thin. It doesnt look like it could support anything

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 05:24:29 PM »

Thanks for the well wishes devildog, taller, average and sevens. I will keep this diary updated. ;)

Penguin: I thought i would provide a summary on the HLN method. Crazy 6 and Syekhandone talked about it before. "It is developed by Professor Dr. P. Reynders from UZ Leuven Belgium. The HLN is not full weight bearing. It has small polymide tube that can be injected with sterile fluid (arichis oil) from outside the skin. The pressure of injected fluid will push the nail to lengthen."

Average2tall: I heard Sweden wanted to go back to do this HLN internal femur lengthening. But I don't know whether he did. So at the moment, I do not know anyone going through this. I can't seem to find any diary shared anywhere online. I guess i will be the first guinea pig to share my experience.

Here's some details about the HLN method provided by Sysop. "This nail is new for Dr. Sarin for bilateral to elective leg lengthening, so all prospective patients need to tread very carefully. It does not have the years of testing and usage that other internal nails have. Remember, even the ISKD that was tested and manufactured by OrthoFix, a huge multinational corporation, had problems. I'm not saying this nail will have problems, I'm saying wait until Dr. Sarin has all of his ducks in a row and he is comfortable using it. I'm sure he will have a few patients as test subjects before he offers this to the general public.

You must remember that the doctor is only one part of the equation. Dr. Sarin is an accomplished doctor, but this new nail is not a time tested technology to the best of my knowledge. If you all remember, before he retired from elective LL, Dr. Mitckovic also performed surgeries on many members of this forum. He also developed his own internal nail, and there were so many problems with it that he discontinued its use."

Penguinn

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 06:05:45 PM »

Wait, so a nail under testing, with Dr. Sarin? :o

You really are a risk taker. But I'm rooting for you. All the best!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 08:43:37 PM »

Thanks for posting your experience, Merlion.  I'm eager to know more about Dr. Sarin's HLN patients' experiences since it's probably the only internal femur LL method I'll be able to afford.  So if I do go for the magic 6'0, I'll probably be following in your footsteps.  I'll be following your diary closely! :)

microman

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 09:50:41 PM »

lol medium don't be one of those 5 10 LL'ers 8)

Taller

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 02:04:28 AM »

Could you post a picture or your current proportions (with your face edited out or covered of course) and then post pics of how your leg to torso ratio change as you continue to lengthen?

Bohemia, a Dr. Monegal internal femur patient, did this and it was really helpful in allowing people to visualize how various amounts of femur lengthening affect how one looks. But it would be great if more people would do the same thing since there's so much variability in body type, starting proportions, etc.

Also, post a pic of yourself wearing your 9CM lifts. It will be interesting to compare that pic to your post-LL pic.

Average2Tall

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 03:20:41 PM »

Merlion!

Is it possible if you could ask Dr.Sarin to do a Q & A special for this nail in our forum?

Trust me if this thing works it will definitely be a game changer, all the competitors will be pressured to lower their nails price.....good news for us i guess 8)

yagen

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 03:50:41 PM »

good luck Merlion!!!

You will reach your goal.

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 06:27:03 PM »

Thanks for your blessings penguin, medium and yagen! I just got my 4 month medical visa settled yesterday. Flight tickets, vaccinated and medical visa checked. Seems like everything is a good to go! :)

Thanks to KILOKahn for sharing his experience on application of medical visa to India and illness precautions - Flu and typhoid fever vaccines - Anti-malaria, antibiotic for bacterial infections pills. You guys can check out here: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=634.25;wap2.

Taller: Sure I will do it tomorrow. I don't have a mock up though. Can you or do you know of anyone that can help me do my mock up? :o

Average2Tall: Hey buddy, of course. I will get as many relevant questions answered through my course of lengthening. If you guys have any just ask me here or send me a pm. 8)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:48:46 PM by Merlion »

Taller

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 10:55:36 PM »

Hi. I'd be glad to make a photoshop mockup for you. Just post your current proportion pic and I'll edit it. How much hypothetical height do you want me to add to your femurs?

Also, post a pic of yourself in your 9CM lifts for comparison.

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 09:54:49 AM »

Taller: Hey man, I'm sorry if the picture is not good enough. I don't know if i need to be half nked or something to show my proportion clearly. I only realised this after i took my photos, edited and uploaded it. I also noticed my pants is a little dark - can't really see my proportion much. I hope this is ok or you can probably do some editing to make it better. :)

My boots give me about 9-10 cm height. I got my style inspiration from vin diesel. He's about 183 cm but he wears i think 10 cm boots too. If you notice in his pictures, he is almost always in boots. Dwayne johnson "the rock" is about 196 cm but when vin diesel stands beside him, he looks about the same height because of his boots.

I'm 173 cm barefooted. I have lost ALOT of weight just for this surgery so i can move around easier - i went from about 75 kg to 57 kg now. I would like 2 mock ups in my femurs section - 8 cm and 10 cm - Thank you so much buddy!

I have no idea why i can't upload the photo here. I put them in dropbox already. You can download the photos here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xcohg6nghmg6rzr/AAAHrqLRXiUObn-XMoRWgnVJa?dl=0

Alittletooshort

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 03:02:09 PM »

How can your goal be 10 cm´s when the nail can only distract 75mm´s? I wonder if some european Dr. would be willing to use this nail, Sarin sounds so risky.
Whish you all the best,
Greetings

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 05:07:08 PM »

Alittletooshort: Thank you for the well wishes. I think the nail only recommends to distract 75mm maximum. I read Sweden's experience on it tho not much details were provided but he said it is possible. It's still really new, i think i will see how it goes for myself and share the experience with all here. Cheers! ;)

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 04:01:48 PM »

Namastee! Meera naam Merlion hai! - "Hi! My name is Merlion!" in Hindi language. I'm typing this update partially high on anaesthesia. So I don't know if i make any sense when i finish typing.

So it's been really good here in New Delhi. Food is good, people are nice and i'm loving the chill weather here. It's really hard to get internet connection here, I finally managed to get my own 4G. Sorry for not updating my diary for awhile, it's really because of the crawling internet speed. I'm now at the Hospital recovering before I move back to the guest house probably on 7th Dec.

Throwback a little
On 29th Nov: I landed in Delhi, settled down at the guest house at Gurgaon. I met 5 patients undergoing limb lengthening with Dr Sarin at the guest house from Vietnam, Sweden, Australia, India and USA.  I also met my physiotherapist, he's rly kind. They are real people. They are really really nice. The atmosphere here is great - at least i'm really happy to have friends here. They shared with me their experience with external and internal. Some of them were second times lengthening their limbs. I'm the youngest here. I felt I was treated like their little brother, I guess I'm really lucky.

On 29th Nov - 2nd Dec: I went exploring Taj Mahal, Qutb Minar and all those wonderful forts near Delhi. It's amazing. Definitely a must catch. In the noon, I moved my stuff to the hospital. I met Dr Sarin in person for the first time, he is a friendly nice gentlemen - really. We had a short chat addressing all of my concern and then I checked in and chilled in my ward. I wasn't allowed to eat after 12 am for the surgery.

On 2nd Dec: Really nervous the whole morning. A few doctors came to talk to me about the surgery. And then soon after, I was pushed to the outside of operating theatre from my room. I was panicking and anxious. They put me to sleep at about 11 am and the next thing i know i'm awake waiting to be pushed to my room at 4 pm. No pain at all, aside from the small pain from injecting of stuff like antibiotics and etc through the IV drip. I felt really weak - i was also given oral painkillers and sleeping pills. I don't know how much i took but i just knew i was flying and laughing a lot. I didn't have much trouble sleeping. My eye mask and ear plug helped! Thanks to the advice found on forum. The doctors and hospital staff will come in your room very frequently to clean the room, change bed sheets and check on you. So yup definitely get eye mask and ear plugs!

On 3rd Dec: I woke up. The first thing i asked was ICE CREAM. Weird craving after a night rest from surgery... And then the nurses laughed. Tried wiggling my feet. My left leg is fine. I have some trouble moving my right leg though - it's really numb i can't feel anything. This is when the song "When your legs don't work like they used to before" become super relatable to me. Ok i'm just kidding. The doctor said it's normal and it will come back - i have faith in that. I met my leg lengthening care taker today. He seems cool. 8)

On 4th Dec: Things here are really slow. It's important that you find things to occupy your time. Otherwise it can get boring. Like seriously, boring. I talk to people a lot and then i sleep a lot too. So time is okay for me without internet. But now with internet, i can feel that my days can be a lot more productive. I recommend Airtel 4G portable mobile wifi. It tops the speed here in India.

That's all for now. I will keep you guys updated! Stay tuned. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:14:24 PM by Merlion »

alps

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »

why can't you move your legs immediately after surgery?

I am curious. Anesthesia is general anyway, when you awaken, shouldn't your legs also awaken?

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 04:16:26 PM »

I don't know, i guess your muscles or nerves will get affected after the surgery. I just tried and I realised can move my right toes and ankle now - Woohoo! So both of my legs toes and ankles are moveable now.

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2015, 05:10:39 PM »

They gonna stop injecting me with Fentanyl painkiller tmrw. I will update tmrw on how i feel without the injected Fentanyl. Ok good night guys.  :)

//Fentanyl is a synthetic opiate drug which is a powerful painkiller and tranquilliser. First day after my surgery i was given a higher dosage. Subsequently, it's at 2ml/hour.

Sweden

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2015, 02:34:20 AM »

Good for you! Best of luck.

Don't do more than 7cm. You will look very weird have those long ass femurs and low knees.

If all goes well I'm interested to join you. Give my best regards to Dr Sarin.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Average2Tall

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2015, 07:44:14 AM »

Congrats for going through with the surgery :)

Tallexpectations

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2015, 11:12:59 PM »

Good luck wth dr sarin

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2015, 07:27:57 AM »

Hey Sweden! Yeah sure come and join us. There's 2 people here doing internal.

Thank you Average2Tall and Tallexpectations.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2015, 08:12:57 AM »

I don't know, i guess your muscles or nerves will get affected after the surgery. I just tried and I realised can move my right toes and ankle now - Woohoo! So both of my legs toes and ankles are moveable now.
I was able to move my legs after surgery. I very clearly remember doing bicycle kicks right out of surgery and even tried sitting with my legs folded, and putting my legs behind my head. I'd probably freak out if I wasn't able to do all that stuff. You're brave, Merlion. I wish you the best of luck!
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up