Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Sarin - Internal Femur Dec 2015  (Read 34448 times)

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
Re: Dr Sarin - Internal Femur Dec 2015
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 09:19:40 AM »

Namaste! I'm checking in again. You can read my updates below. :)

Updates
On 6th Dec: I am so happy to leave the hospital. I'm going to the guest house! It's a scary thing to have a few man carry you up from the rolling bed to the car. It's about an hour plus ride from the hospital to the guesthouse. I'm lucky again to have a not so bad driver. Else I probably have to hang on to my dear life every minute of the way. The road and traffic here isn't that good especially when you have two broken legs...

The remaining whole of the day i just lied in my bed contemplating my life after the surgery. It's rly boring. You'll be given a rollable chair to move around. Unfortunately, I can't move around the guesthouse yet because my legs are still weak.

I'm starting to feel the discomfort for too much lazing in the bed doing nothing all day. People here say after awhile your muscles will deteriorate if you don't move around much. And it's gonna be rly uncomfortable because you will feel your spine and backache whenever you lie down.

On 7th Dec: I managed to sleep pretty well even without sleeping pills. People here have been given sleeping pills and pain killers tablet - like free flow. It's easy to get addicted. But I am determined to not use them at all unless I really need it. It's bad for your kidney and sleep cycle. I stay away from caffeinated drink as much as possible and move as much as possible to make myself really tired by night 11 - 12 pm so i can have a good sleep.

On 8th Dec: I woke up with a rly pain in my ass. I think it's more from the end of my spine tailbone. They had heat packs to help me soothe the pain. And it's getting on better now. I couldn't help it but i took 1 tiny painkiller tablet. And that's all, i'm not gonna touch it this week already. The max cap is 3 painkiller tablet a day.

On 9th Dec: Yay no more pain in the ass. And it's been officially a week after my surgery and I am ready to do my first lengthening. I am OFFICIALLY 1 mm taller today! Clap for me guys! You will feel a little stretch and weird pain but it goes away after awhile. It should be less-pain for at least the first 3 cm shared by an Australian friend here that is doing the same internal femur. He's almost done with 7 cm.

Ok i thought I would do some Q&A here. Do shoot me any questions if you have any also. It help me kill time as well.

Questions & Answers
1. Who are the personnel that you can attend to?
You will have 1 guy that will be your care taker, 1 guy that will be your physiotherapist, 1 guy that will be your limb lengthener. These 3 guys are shared amongst all the patients here in the guest house. So if you want anything to get done, you should preamp a little waiting time.

Aside from that, you will have a phone in your room. You can dial "9" to the guest house manager to ask for any room cleaning, laundry or in-house food orders or out-house food orders like Mac Donalds.

2. What are some of the essential apps in India?
Bigbasket - online grocery shopping - they do next day morning delivery
Zomato - online food delivery
Foodpanda - online food delivery
Flipkart - online furniture shopping - if you wanna get any extra furniture items, like if you want a better rolling chair etc

3. How do you make your stay is comfortable and enjoyable?
I'm never of sort to believe in material possession. But it really helped at this point of time. You should ideally have your table, pee pot, water bottles, dust bins, sanitiser, mouth wash, TV remote control, internet, games, iPad, laptop, phone, photos of your loved ones, memorable items and rly good musics and books ALL WITHIN YOUR REACH. OK maybe you don't need everything but this is just a list for you to check haha...

Be nice and talk to people a lot. Be real and make friends here. Exchange contacts if you can with everyone so you can give a little morale support and hangout with them just so time pass a little faster and better together. Everyone has a story to share on why they are here.

That's all for now. I will keep you guys updated! Stay tuned. :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:41:25 AM by Merlion »
NOW: Dr Sarin External LON for Tibia LL
Current height: 180 cm | Goal height: 186 - 188 cm
DONE: Dr Sarin Internal Hydraulic Nail for Femur LL
Before height: 173 cm | Achieved height: 180 cm

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 09:31:50 AM »

DoingItForMe: Hey man. Wow you can do that?! I guess maybe it's because of the difference between PRECICE Nail and Hydraulic Nail. The Australian guy that done 7 cm Internal Femur said it's normal and I will gain back my range of motion in a few days.

But I gotta say - We are all brave. This is a crazy surgery. This surgery is hella pushing human limitations. It's risky in any ways. And I only realise that when i went through the operation. Of course, the risk can be probably reduced with better surgeons, better care and better facilities. People may give you their words to make you feel safe but in the end there's nothing personal, it's just business for them.

I guess only you know how well your body is... It's like almost everything you must always use your own judgement and gather feedbacks from those that went through it to evaluate your situation and condition.

For the people that is still considering this surgery, if it's really something you want - go for it but be prepared to brave some storm. It's gonna get fked up sometimes. :P

DoingItForMe

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 10:12:24 AM »

For the people that is still considering this surgery, if it's really something you want - go for it but be prepared to brave some storm. It's gonna get fked up sometimes. :P
It's quite the understatement. This surgery is so messed up when you think about it haha.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2015, 03:27:29 PM »

Good to hear you're doing well Merlion (nice avatar by the way).  How many patients are at the guesthouse with you?  Any other HLN patients?  Do you have roommates or are the bedrooms single-occupancy?  Is it Dr. Sarin's guesthouse just for his patients or is it more like a hotel where non-LLers are staying too?

Hope you continue to do as well as you have been.  I couldn't move my legs after the surgery either, so I consider that normal.

jaymorgan712

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 11:28:43 AM »

I found this video in Sweden's diary just the other day.

Dr. Sarin actually looked like he was being extremely careful when he's doing this surgery. I honestly don't think he's as bad as everyone makes him out to be.
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

Sweden

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2015, 02:04:09 AM »

Aaaaaahh, look at my legs  ;D

I still have all the junk in my bones. Those lower screws hurt like hell if I accidentally hit them.

It'll be pure torture taking everything out.

------------------------

UPDATE!! How's it going?? Pictures!! Bring them here.

I think I want to do another 4/5cm on my femurs.
Maybe I could get my X-legs fixed somehow too? If I need to rebreak my tibias then so be it.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

jaymorgan712

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 02:39:20 AM »

I'm amazed Dr. Sarin didn't correct the X-legs problem. did you ever ask him about fixing it?

But, yes, you can fix X-legs. It requires another surgery. I think they can do it without breaking the tibia and without losing. They attach the device to the exact location  where the x-leg is and they stretch it back out.

theuprising

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 02:43:12 AM »

Aaaaaahh, look at my legs  ;D

I still have all the junk in my bones. Those lower screws hurt like hell if I accidentally hit them.

It'll be pure torture taking everything out.

------------------------

UPDATE!! How's it going?? Pictures!! Bring them here.

I think I want to do another 4/5cm on my femurs.
Maybe I could get my X-legs fixed somehow too? If I need to rebreak my tibias then so be it.

Didn't you always say your x legs were caused by a muscle imbalance and not the bone itself. What changed?

Sweden

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2015, 12:42:34 AM »

Didn't you always say your x legs were caused by a muscle imbalance and not the bone itself. What changed?

I still somehow think this bc I haven't gained back my muscles on my thighs. It is my femurs that are twisted, nothing else. My tibias are straight.
My femurs were so extreme twisted right after frame removal that I couldn't cycle on the bike bc my knees were in the way.
That got corrected after I built some more muscles back on my thighs. I need way more to even get back half of what I had before my LL.

I broke my foot this year and I haven't been able to run for 8 months now. I gained lots of weight to the point I almost feel repulsed by myself. Fat upper body and long skinny chicken legs.
It's embarrassing.

I ran a little bit today so it feels better now but far from good. I still need tramadol to make it through a day at the gym and running track.

Life sucks - but at least I'm average tall now(slightly below) and in many situations I can really enjoy my new height.

I started a new class in my training and I have never felt this much respected before. Hard to compare though since I've always focused on my own training but it's still there and my class has outgrown all other in membership so I must be doing something right - even though I can barely walk. =)

Average2Tall

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2015, 05:38:21 AM »

Hello Sweden,

Sorry for the pain you are going through.....hope in time things will get better or you get a doctor to correct your current situation.
Being an athlete i took a lot of interest in you and i think you can be more helpful to the athletic LLC if we utilize the data you have been providing. Do you think lengthening at least 4cm internal femur will give back at least 90 percent of athleticism back? Assume you did that....perhaps 4/5cm each segment to get a total of 9/10cm gain. The reason im asking this is apart from being in the showbiz industry(my boring deskjob) i do alot of mountaineering and just a few weeks ago i helped a certain company(!!!) with their marketing campaign and since they were so impressed with the job they offered me half price to climb Mt. Everest 2017/2018 season......now that was on my bucket list as is doing Limb lengthening and i was wondering if adding 4/5cm will affect my ascent. 

Congrats on your new class....don't give up, hold on to those few positive moments you are lucky to experience and ignore the rest, i sent you a PM some weeks ago...guess you are busy.  :D

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2015, 09:15:30 AM »

DoingItForMe: Haha yeah it is an understatement.

Medium: Haha thank you. Here's to answer your questions.

1. How many patients are at the guest house with you?
There are in total 10 at the moment staying at the guest house with me.

2. Any other HLN patients?
1 Australian guy went to the hospital today to remove the HLN pump, he has completed 7 cm on femur. He will be on crutches soon - the nail is full weight bearing. So far there is about 20-25 patients that have done this HLN internal lengthening. It is getting patented now and it will be launching world wide. Dr Sarin wants to give the world affordable and quality lengthening. He wants to make this popular.

3. Do you have roommates or are the bedrooms single-occupancy?
I get a single room for myself. You can visit people near your door easily with the wheeled chair.

4. Is it Dr. Sarin's guesthouse just for his patients or is it more like a hotel where non-LLers are staying too?
It's like Dr Sarin's guesthouse. Only LLers or those correcting their legs are staying here.

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2015, 09:28:43 AM »

Namaste! Here checking in again.

Updates
On 11th Dec: Time of my life. For someone that can endure pain, I never felt so much sharp sudden pain before. I had my first 15 minutes physio session. It hurts so bad I almost died. The whole floor heard my wimpy shoutings. You can literally faint from this - at least for the first few sessions. It's gonna hurt. The best part is physio is Monday to Saturday - YAY! ::)

On 12th Dec: I'm one day away from half a cm taller. But i'm pretty sure i'm already passed that I can feel it. I'm gonna have my x ray in 3 - 5 days.

On 13th Dec: My knees are starting to hurt a little. A discomfort kinda pain. I was told if you're into this surgery at every point of the time, you should expect pain. It never goes away. If it did, something new will come. Just getting use to it. ;D

On 14th Dec: The discomfort pain gave me trouble sleeping the whole night. It was my first bad night not being able to sleep. Very unpleasant feeling but i'm gonna still have to put up with this. I took one Ultracet tablet - doesn't seem to work at all. :o

Ok i will try to upload some photos here. Keep the questions coming. Stay tuned! :)

jaymorgan712

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2015, 09:33:57 AM »

Sounds like things are going great for you and every other person there, Merlion! Feeling that half a centimetre taller makes a great difference already! :)

Keep me, and all of us all posted! :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:32:53 AM by jaymorgan712 »

Alittletooshort

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2015, 06:05:19 PM »

I wonder if/when this method will come to europe.  Do you know more about this?
I think I´d lack the guts to do this surgery in inda.
Will you post some pictures in thr future?

jaymorgan712

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2016, 07:08:17 PM »

Haven't heard from Merlion in a while. Hope he is okay!

Peaceout

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2016, 10:59:38 PM »

How are you man? I hope everything is fine..
Can you post some proportion photos please?

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »

Hey everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :o How have you guys been? Sorry I've not been updating for awhile. I received quite a handful of private emails and i appreciate the concern. I'm doing very well. :)

GOOD AND BAD NEWS

Good news first... :D

Just a quick update on how's things going here: it's all VERY good for me. I mean complications are prone to happen, and so far i'm happy that i have really minimal complications and it's fixed within a 2-3 days. I'm now at 5 cm already. I will get my lengthening device removed and start walking on walkers in another month. I picked up a new temporary hobby - gaming and movie crazing - time flew by too quickly. YESMAN! ;D

Bad news is... I'm gonna stop updating my blog publicly. Reason is that I wanna move on and keep this part of my life private, I think I might have gave too much information. BUT WAIT. I would still like to help those that want to find out more about this method. For those of you that still have questions about this Hydraulic  Lengthening Nail (HLN) method, write me an email at thisismerlion@gmail.com or give me a private message here and like always, i will get back to you as soon as I can and with the best answer I can get.

You guys have been a great community for support. Here's to a new life and new year! Cheers to 2016. Merlion signing off.

Alu

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2016, 08:17:39 PM »

I have to ask quickly: would you ever mind posting pics or x-rays etc? I'm only asking not to disrespect you by any means, but this is more about the credibility of Sarin considering his...um..history...

Cheers

4cms

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2016, 09:10:30 PM »

Thanks for posting your experience, Merlion.  I'm eager to know more about Dr. Sarin's HLN patients' experiences since it's probably the only internal femur LL method I'll be able to afford.  So if I do go for the magic 6'0, I'll probably be following in your footsteps.  I'll be following your diary closely! :)

Medium drink of water why are you being a hypocrite
You used to be totally against me when i suggested sarin was a good option .
You told me he butchered your friend and that he was unprofessional .............
Now you want to go to him ???
Wow dude maybe you should of just believed me when  Said sarin was a good option
Still thats very hypocritical .

Average2Tall

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2016, 12:29:52 AM »

Merlion, congratulations for induring such an intense procedure and i hope you get the satisfaction you wanted.

I'm concerned with this procedure since it's very unpredictable and recently our top guys we relied on updating us [not sales personel :-X] have decided to hang the gloves.

Are the doctors pressuring you guys to keep the negative updates to the minimum or what? Many people here can't afford top docs like Guichet and Paley who are considered somehow safer so this pressures us to  consider trying other alternatives [not very wise] like the HNL.

This procedure can mess you up if things don't go as planned and since the CLL industy is rather in its infancy stage, maybe we need to come up with smart approach towards this e.g Visual and audio interviews of the top doctors, visual procedure of the PT sessions, visual updates of complications e.t.c

The doctors will be forced to be more open about this procedure and they won't risk to damage their reputations by giving us fake facts as this leave them open for criticism from their fellow colleague.

This is way better than relying on strangers yet paying alot of money just to risk your mobility and other serious longterm complications.

Props to the few who have been outspoken and committed to help others in need.

MirandaProcerusa

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2016, 10:25:20 PM »

Would have been nice if there were pictures from the start of this diary. Just my opinion that pictures would have given this diary more credibility. $20,000 for an internal lengthening sounds like a really good deal, I hope not too good to be true.

Sweden

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2016, 02:00:46 PM »

Still missing those pictures.

Not good.

Average2Tall

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2016, 01:16:42 AM »

Complications???

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2016, 04:52:31 AM »

Medium drink of water why are you being a hypocrite
You used to be totally against me when i suggested sarin was a good option .
You told me he butchered your friend and that he was unprofessional .............
Now you want to go to him ???
Wow dude maybe you should of just believed me when  Said sarin was a good option
Still thats very hypocritical .
I second u bro. Im starting to think this forum is a pessimistic forum but they say they say facts and also they used to say old forum used to ban people but even this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong.
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

berkeclor123

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2016, 06:58:52 AM »

It's 2016 and people are still going to Dr. Sarin for LL. LOL!
current height: 175 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
goal height: 183 cm

LifesTooShort

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2016, 01:11:43 PM »

Has anyone been able to get in touch with Merlion? Does anyone know how he's doing? I've emailed him to no avail.

Average2Tall

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2016, 09:34:22 PM »

He got screwed with Sarin i guess, the technology was also in trial.

LLCaptain

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2016, 01:59:21 AM »

I wonder what goes through a person's mind when choosing a doctor?

Let's see.. shady doctor with commercial ties to old forum. Check.
Unproven internal nail. Check.
Third world country. Check.

Should be ok..No problem!

That said.. really hope Merlion is consolidated and moved on with his life.

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2016, 04:17:23 AM »

Haha hi guys! :)

I hope all is well. I'm standing and walking on crutches now at about 6ft tall. As expected i'm gonna come back to lots of criticism on why I choose Dr Sarin in the first - but i already gave my genuine answer to these questions on my earlier post, I am not gonna repeat. Just here to update that all is well - no i didnt get screwed by Dr Sarin, no i didn't get butchered and yes i'm still alive. It's been a journey, but i'm sure it will be soon just be a distanced memory. I have no complications now and i'm walking already. Feels real good in the confidence boost, i'm really contented with my height now. Lucky maybe? Your choice to make.

Just to share this is the most recent article about Dr Sarin - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/09/i-have-to-be-taller-the-unregulated-world-of-indias-limb-lengthening-industry.

Ok i will answer any questions if you are keen or interested just email me directly to thisismerlion@gmail.com. Peace out guys.  ;D

Max

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2016, 05:12:34 AM »

Nice article mate !
Best of luck !!

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2016, 05:39:06 AM »

Haha hi guys! :)

I hope all is well. I'm standing and walking on crutches now at about 6ft tall. As expected i'm gonna come back to lots of criticism on why I choose Dr Sarin in the first - but i already gave my genuine answer to these questions on my earlier post, I am not gonna repeat. Just here to update that all is well - no i didnt get screwed by Dr Sarin, no i didn't get butchered and yes i'm still alive. It's been a journey, but i'm sure it will be soon just be a distanced memory. I have no complications now and i'm walking already. Feels real good in the confidence boost, i'm really contented with my height now. Lucky maybe? Your choice to make.

Just to share this is the most recent article about Dr Sarin - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/09/i-have-to-be-taller-the-unregulated-world-of-indias-limb-lengthening-industry.

Ok i will answer any questions if you are keen or interested just email me directly to thisismerlion@gmail.com. Peace out guys.  ;D
I feel happy with you that you are doing well
It would be better if you gave us more evidences not only words to enlightjen all of us
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up