Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen  (Read 121620 times)

Nightwish

Re: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »

Glad to hear everything's going well!
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Peaceout

« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2016, 11:53:48 AM »

Nice job yagen :)
So you will get other leg done after consolidation on this one right?

concernedmom

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2016, 05:21:36 PM »

How many cms have you lengthened?

yagen

« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2016, 08:14:12 AM »

D+81

@Nightwish Thank you for the support

@Peaceout I will have my next surgery probably in May for the right leg.

@concernedmom I have lenghtened 5 cm and I am doing a few extra clicks to 6 cms, my proportions looks great

Some users in PM has asked me about:

Lordosis/duck ass: I have not any symptom

Sleep: I sleep 6 hours at night with a restful sleep, I am not tired and I can stand up more time without crutches, but I am not walking without chutches till finish my extra clicks.

Ozymandias

« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2016, 04:13:59 PM »

Very nice, yagen! Don't become greedy with the lengthening, 5 cm is perfect!

BTW, after reading your previous post I searched "bone gap bridge" in google images and it made my day  ;D

Aturro

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2016, 10:20:45 PM »

very happy for you that things are going so well!! I think 6cm is durable, won't go above though...

yagen

« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2016, 07:56:50 AM »

@ozymandias

jajajajaj.............. I would like to see every day when I wake up "bone gap Bridge"
Thank you for the piece of advide, It was a hard decission, I was visiting other patients last week in Barcelona, I showed my bone scan to Glenn and MusicMaker, and they told me about my healing and the option to do one cm more.

Doctor Monegal told me that he usually see more gap increase, and one cm more it was very realistic.

Besides I was talking with patient that they have finished the lengthening and how they feel and what exercises they can do.

And the main reason is because I am very well, I am doing extra clicks without any problem, I need one week more to reach 6 cms, now I am 5,5. I can sleep well, no nerve pain,no IT band pain (just hardness).

I can bend 110ยบ while I am lengthening this extra cm.

I thing in this surgery you have to be flexible, listen to your body.

@aturro Thank you, 6 cm is enough for me.

Ozymandias

« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2016, 10:59:25 PM »

How is it going, yagen? Finished those extra clicks? Tried walking unaided yet?

unhappy

• Visitor
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2016, 11:53:37 PM »

if possible 10 cm one surgey

thanks yagen

yagen

« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2016, 07:42:07 AM »

D+96 (6cms)

@ozymandias

Yes, last week I finished the extra clicks. It was very easy the last 1,5 cm from 4,5 cm. I dont know if it is because I was a week without clicks or my body reach the breakeven between hurt/recovery.

Now, my IT band is not so hard, the temperature of my leg has decreased and when I touch I can not feel the diference of temperature betten my other leg. I have no any burning sensation of nerves, I felt it one week reaching 4,5 cms.

I have started to do 10 minutes of eliptical, now I can walk without crutches short distances at home. At office I walk short distance with just one crutch, In the street I use both crutches because the floor is not at the same level. Doctor Monegal told me to increase every week 15kg in the leg

I feel more confidence with my leg, I have not pain but I have to recover flexibility, it is just time.
Firts days in the eliptical I can fell the tension in my knee but after 5 session, it went out.

This is my last bone scan

I have reached 6 cm, now I use a boot with the heel cut in my leg, my height at morning is 178,5 with this very little heel.

I will have next surgery in a month!!! I am very happy with the goal.

@unhappy

With fitbone just can reach 8 cms, but Doctor recomend 6,5 cms

Ozymandias

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2016, 06:07:42 PM »

Very nice yagen, good to see your progress!

Curious about you having the second surgery so soon. Do you think your bone will fully consolidated then?

I have reached 6 cm, now I use a boot with the heel cut in my leg, my height at morning is 178,5 with this very little heel.

178,5 is a dream height. Congrats!

yagen

« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »

Curious about you having the second surgery so soon. Do you think your bone will fully consolidated then?

Thank you,

The bone will not be fully consolidated, it last a year, but the callus start to bear more weight and adding to the fitbone is the reason that you can bear more weight.

Besides, after surgery I will return to the cruthes!!!

There is a video of other patient "aboali" walking after lengthening.

Let see how is my leg in a month

Ozymandias

« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2016, 04:13:26 PM »

Thank you,

The bone will not be fully consolidated, it last a year, but the callus start to bear more weight and adding to the fitbone is the reason that you can bear more weight.

Besides, after surgery I will return to the cruthes!!!

There is a video of other patient "aboali" walking after lengthening.

Let see how is my leg in a month

Yep, that's why I was asking that. I think that a great advantage of two stages procedures is having a fully healthy leg (for standing, balance, short walks at home with just one crutch), so maybe it was a good idea to wait until the leg is consolidated. By "consolidated" I don't mean being able to squat 100 kg or so (which strangely seems to be the only and dumb concern in this forum right now) but having enough callus to bear all your weight without putting too much stress on the screws. But maybe 1 or 2 months is enough for this if your bone formation is OK.

And I guess having to use that 6cm insole sucks!  ;D

Good luck. Keep us informed!

yagen

« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2016, 07:56:07 AM »

D+115  (one month after finishing lenghtening in my first leg)

I have been working in the other side of the world, far away from my home. I can walk without crutches, but I usually walk with one, because when i take underground I am afraid that someone hit me and I can fall down and the gap fill with insole into the shoe is not so stable. I need more than 6 cm insolate in my shoe for my 6 cms of lengthening.

I am working and doing normal life in a one of the bigest city ot the world, I take the underground, walk by the city, visit monuments and other cities, parties......

My leg feel stronger and I feel the relax on my muscle, I walk a lot.

My leg is not healing at 100% but every day can bear more weight. I am very happy because I dont have any nerve or knee pain.

I will have next surgery in two weeks,

I have created more bone in the last month. A fully femur bone can bear 5.000 kg, when you start to cover the gap with bone you can bear more weight you only need 1% of the gap filled to soport your weight add the weight that fitbone can bear.

I am very carefully with the leg, I try not to stress out the leg, but I feel the worst of the next surgery will be the swelling after surgery,but I am going to be one week at hospital, and after I take two week off.

@ozymandias You dont need a full great callus to start to walk.

I am very happy with the goal of 6 cms.

yagen

« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2016, 08:21:52 AM »

Now I try to create bone faster in order to bear my weight for the next surgery.

This is my Ultrasound machine, cheaper than Exogen and you can use without limits, because Exogen has about 250 session after of that Exogen does not work.

Pulsed waves Machine between 1-3MHz, Exogen works 1,5MHz

High frequency, 3MHz has more power but lower depth than to 1MHz.

This is the video, sesion of 20 Minutes per day.

:)

https://vimeo.com/166173769

yagen

« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2016, 06:37:23 AM »

I attached you a video how I walked with a crutch two weeks after finishing lengthening.

https://vimeo.com/166681029

you can see the gap between knees in this slim pants, but nobody has told me anything :)

Peaceout

« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »

Thanks for the video yagen.Nice job:)
Your proportions looking great.Can you measure your wingspan please?

yagen

« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »

My wingspan is 172

Now, on the beach taking s bath of  sun and vitamins for the next surgery!!!!

yagen

« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2016, 10:35:17 AM »

Hi all,

I have recived a lot of PM of user about my second surgery. I can not answer all the message.

I had my second surgery without any problem except internet did not so well, it was my unique complaint.
I think that the pain was less than the first surgery, I thint it was because I knew all the things about post surgery.

How my first leg was very good, I asked to the doctor, it it was possible to quit the antenna and the cable, and he did it in the same surgery.

My first walk was a little hard beause I had stiches in both legs, I think the swelling was less than in the first surgery.

Seven days after surgery I came back to my home.

Now I do a normal life again but with crutches again, I can upstais, downstair, drive my car.

I am now in routine mode!!! I dont spend time in the forum, because its the same that the first surgery. I understand now other patient that they give up to write in the forum, because I dont need more info about LL but I can show my case, because I am very thankfull to other patient like Glenn or Bohemia when they wrote their experience.

Now I am lengthening to 0,81 mm per day, worst moment is the night and I start to sleep bad again, but without pain, just tension.

I can bear all my weight in my first leg, its not 100% but its enough heal to bear my weight and do a normal life.

I attached you a video of my first steps three days after surgery, I had stiches in both legs.

https://vimeo.com/170601358

"Vires acquirit eundo"

Ozymandias

« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2016, 11:23:43 AM »

Very happy for you, yagen. In a few months, it will be like if LL has never happened (except that you will be taller, of course!)

I really appreciate all the info you share with me, both public and in PMs.

Good luck!

yagen

« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2016, 07:01:12 AM »

Thank you @ozymandias and other users for the best wishes.

I attached you a video how I walk, I did the video without shoes in order to see the gap, it easier walk with a shoe with internal  shoe lift

https://vimeo.com/172074127

Lengthening is the same, without pain, just bad night but better than the begining. I take naps of one or two hours. When I can not sleep I play Clash Rolaye  :)
Everyday is Groundhog Day

Next video doing exercises climbing stairs, I need to create more muscle but now its time to focus in lengthening and streching.

"Vires acquirit eundo"

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2016, 10:17:36 PM »

Very happy for you, yagen. In a few months, it will be like if LL has never happened (except that you will be taller, of course!)

I really appreciate all the info you share with me, both public and in PMs.

Good luck!

If he has complications (pretty common among Monegal's patients) he won't forget in a few months. Aimhigh is crippled. Musicmaker has been wheelchairbounded for 2 years and she will never recover. Cooper was crippled and had to be fixed by a top doctor. Other guys are having problems in their daily lives, nerves, bone...
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Ozymandias

« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2016, 11:21:33 PM »

Thank you @ozymandias and other users for the best wishes.

I attached you a video how I walk, I did the video without shoes in order to see the gap, it easier walk with a shoe with internal  shoe lift

https://vimeo.com/172074127

Lengthening is the same, without pain, just bad night but better than the begining. I take naps of one or two hours. When I can not sleep I play Clash Rolaye  :)
Everyday is Groundhog Day

Next video doing exercises climbing stairs, I need to create more muscle but now its time to focus in lengthening and streching.

"Vires acquirit eundo"

Nice yagen.

How much have you lengthened in this leg so far? The difference between the 2 legs does not look very big (3 or 4 cm...)

Are you using the stationary bike?

Best whises.

yagen

« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2016, 09:29:33 AM »

If he has complications (pretty common among Monegal's patients) he won't forget in a few months. Aimhigh is crippled. Musicmaker has been wheelchairbounded for 2 years and she will never recover. Cooper was crippled and had to be fixed by a top doctor. Other guys are having problems in their daily lives, nerves, bone...

I think LLuser1 you are the first user that wants that a patient has a problem in order to justify your crusade against Monegal.

I have done my first surgery 6 months ago and I dont have any problem thus I think I will no have any problem, but If I had a problem I tell it here.

If you are so honest about Doctors why you dont speak about tibia problems of two girls with Paley. There are others Paleys patients in this forum that know about that.

yagen

« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2016, 09:45:17 AM »

@ozymandyas I have done just 2 cms in the video, look a lower gap but the real gap was 4 cms. Yes, I can do stationary bike

Now I have reached 4 cms and I feel my muscle a bit harder, if it increase i will rest two or three days in order to let my body a best recovery. I did the same in the first leg and my it went very well for my body.

I am in the final stage of lengthning and I am very happy with my new look, I go on doing a normal life with crutches.

This is my final height with shoes

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2016, 08:59:06 PM »

I think LLuser1 you are the first user that wants that a patient has a problem in order to justify your crusade against Monegal.

I have done my first surgery 6 months ago and I dont have any problem thus I think I will no have any problem, but If I had a problem I tell it here.

If you are so honest about Doctors why you dont speak about tibia problems of two girls with Paley. There are others Paleys patients in this forum that know about that.

I don't know you. I don't know if you have problems. I know many other Monegal patients. They are doing very bad and they have needed corrective surgeries. Paley's girls have had problems but none of them has problems similar to Musicmaker's, the worst case in LL history. Statistically speaking Paley's bad cases are negligible, but Monegal's aren't.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:21:37 PM by LLuser1 »
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

CCMidwest

« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2016, 01:39:17 AM »

I don't know you. I don't know if you have problems. I know many other Monegal patients. They are doing very bad and they have needed corrective surgeries. Paley's girls have had problems but none of them has problems similar to Musicmaker's, the worst case in LL history. Statistically speaking Paley's bad cases are negligible, but Monegal's aren't.

10)  Hogging the Forum

Constantly replying to a thread (or multiple threads) by repeating the same points and not adding anything new to the discussion. This can be annoying to other members as they keep reading the thread only to find out nothing new is in the discussion   The threads may be locked if the discussion  is going in circles.
5'7.5

yagen

« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »

Just 3 weeks more to reach my final goal.

I am a 4,5 cms and I have started to fell some paint in my ass, but just when I am seat and get up from the chair, but it disappears after a few steps.

I feel my leg stronger, this is a video in the gym. I upload more with diferent exercises

https://vimeo.com/174481601

alps

« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2016, 02:28:48 PM »

this is one of the most legitimate diaries. thanks a lot man!

very happy you're doing alright.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2016, 07:25:21 PM »

I dont know this person. I dont know if he is telling the truth but other Monegal patients are lying for sure. I know that.

CCMidwest

« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2016, 08:09:10 PM »

I dont know this person. I dont know if he is telling the truth but other Monegal patients are lying for sure. I know that.

10)  Hogging the Forum

Constantly replying to a thread (or multiple threads) by repeating the same points and not adding anything new to the discussion. This can be annoying to other members as they keep reading the thread only to find out nothing new is in the discussion   The threads may be locked if the discussion  is going in circles.
5'7.5
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up