Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen  (Read 121738 times)

The Kaiser

Re: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2016, 01:11:58 AM »

But 170 cm is great height :( Why would you do that surgery :(

most people who're 5'5 want to be 5'7. 5'10 want to be 6'0. we want more and more.
if you received 1 million dollars its will be enough for you, but other billionares wants more

165 cm is good
170 cm is good

we can walk thats the most important thing, if you beat your mind and could stop surgery's idea you will win, could you? Good luck

yagen

« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2017, 08:10:31 AM »

Yesterday I was talking to the doctor monegal about doing 4 cm in my tibias this next summer.

I would do both legs at the same time.

My first surgery was a year ago and today I do a normal life, except that I do not run or jump.

In this forum has always been talked about trust in a doctor, if someone repeats with the same doctor is because he is happy with the goal.

I am starting to prepare for the surgery and I would like to improve my flexibility in my ankle.

What are the best dorxiflesion boots?

Many thanks

TIBIKE200

« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2017, 08:15:38 AM »

How come you want to lengthen tibias? Are you not content with your final height/proportions? You said a few posts earlier that you do not reccomend this surgery

edit: Happy to hear you are back to normality :)
I learned some stuff during this time

yagen

« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2017, 08:39:55 AM »

How come you want to lengthen tibias? Are you not content with your final height/proportions? You said a few posts earlier that you do not reccomend this surgery

edit: Happy to hear you are back to normality :)

I recomend femur vs tibia because femur has a faster heal and you can do more cm without misaligment

Nobody has told me anything about my proportions, some girls has seen me nked and the only thing that they asked me was about the antenna when they touch my quadriceps.

I am very happy with my new height. Its a great spike from 1.70-1,72 to 1,76-1,78, but 4 cm more is a great plus.

Many thanks for the best wishes

TIBIKE200

« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2017, 08:50:40 AM »

I am sure it is a great spike from 170 to 176. From a little below average to dead average.

Btw, is a 6cm change very apparent to you? I mean, people who you thought were 180+ turned out to be not really 180+?

ub40

« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2017, 02:48:45 PM »

I am sure it is a great spike from 170 to 176. From a little below average to dead average.

Btw, is a 6cm change very apparent to you? I mean, people who you thought were 180+ turned out to be not really 180+?

I did that amount and it's a big difference for me. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'll have to start a new life because it's impossible to keep it a secret
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Ozymandias

« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2017, 09:47:58 PM »

Hi Yagen, nice to know you are doing fine.

Have you talk to Monegal about the post-op? If you are doing bilateral you are supposed to use a wheelchair for at least 2 months, am I right?

I'm guessing you are going for internals... or maybe LON?

Best of luck.

Peaceout

« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2017, 12:13:24 PM »

Thanks for a great diary yagen.Im glad you are fine.
You mentioned that you are alredy over your wingspan with 4 cm.Another 4 cm on tibias will make it -8.What do you think about it??

jojo

« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2017, 03:49:47 PM »

hey there super updates :))
why dont you jump or run , you think you could in time ?

yagen

« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2017, 09:36:50 AM »

@TIBIKE200

With my Nike air max I reach 1,81 cm, People who do not know me before thinks that I am a tall guy, but I think it is because I am slim guy, I look taller.

Two months ago in a funeral a girl that I have not seen her in 15 years said to me "Your family is very tall" .....but my sister is 1,70.....people change the way that you see you if you are slim.

My new girlfriend told me often you are tall.

@ub40

People told me first time that I could walk without crutches, you look taller, but after a week they dont say anything.

@Ozymandias

Yes, I know that if I do bilateral I will be on a wheelchair 2 months but I was visiting Helloworld thay he is doing bilateral, and he can walk with a walker, he weighs more than me and I dont have enough time to do this in two stages.

I think one of the best ways for a faster heal is walk, walk and weight increase the healing. I think machines like alter G or similar are the best ways for a faster heal.

http://www.lightspeedrunningandrehabilitation.com/lightspeed-running-and-rehab-system-demonstration-videos/adult-demos/

@Peaceout
Nobody has told me anything about my proportions even when I wear a lift/air max to increase "my tibia"

@jojo

I do not run because I do not feel enough confidence in my legs also when the nails are in your femur you do not have the same sensations.

This operation is pretty crazy and you need time to recover.

I will do my next bone scan at the end of this month, and I will see the heal.

helloworld

« Reply #196 on: February 07, 2017, 09:56:28 AM »

Happy you are doign well Yagan.
About bilateral vs unileteral, I worte about it in detail in my diary.
Basically, I do not think that there is more pain in bilateral than unilateral and the inconvenience of being in wheel chair and then walker vs crutches is minimal and I believe I am able to do all the recovery exercises like biking, walking in the pool, stretching as any unilateral patient.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

KrP1

« Reply #197 on: February 07, 2017, 10:10:14 AM »

Happy you are doign well Yagan.
About bilateral vs unileteral, I worte about it in detail in my diary.
Basically, I do not think that there is more pain in bilateral than unilateral and the inconvenience of being in wheel chair and then walker vs crutches is minimal and I believe I am able to do all the recovery exercises like biking, walking in the pool, stretching as any unilateral patient.

There is more pain in bilateral because you are lengthening both legs. 2 legs Will Hurt more than one. To be in a wheel chair is much more limitating and psichológical exhausting than to be in crutches. To strech properly you are going to need help. By the other side you Will finish faster .

helloworld

« Reply #198 on: February 08, 2017, 08:49:29 PM »

There is more pain in bilateral because you are lengthening both legs. 2 legs Will Hurt more than one. To be in a wheel chair is much more limitating and psichológical exhausting than to be in crutches. To strech properly you are going to need help. By the other side you Will finish faster .
Have you done both unilateral and bilateral or how do you know?
I have talked to many unilateral patients and the pain they describe goes far beyond what I feel.

I suspect it has to do the way the brain works, pain is a sign that something is wrong and that you better do something about it. When you got one good leg and one bad leg your brain keeps noticing the difference, when you do both at the same time, your brain has nothing to good leg to compare to and reduce pain signals.

So from my experience compared to many unilateral patients pain is LESS when doing both at the same time!
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Peaceout

« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2017, 05:34:33 PM »

181 is a solid height man.Happy for you.
So,so far what is your overall opinion about this?Would you recommend this?Does it's contributions overweight the things that it takes from you?

KrP1

« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »

I have talked to many unilateral patients and the pain they describe goes far beyond what I feel.

I suspect it has to do the way the brain works, pain is a sign that something is wrong and that you better do something about it. When you got one good leg and one bad leg your brain keeps noticing the difference, when you do both at the same time, your brain has nothing to good leg to compare to and reduce pain signals.

So from my experience compared to many unilateral patients pain is LESS when doing both at the same time!

HAHAHA , i can only laught about this. I dont really need to refute your argument because your last sentence is just all an intelligent person needs to dont take your post seriously.

zantac20

« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2017, 08:23:21 AM »

Everyone has a different sense of pain. Some people will experience more pain doing one leg than doing two at the same time but the logic tells that 2 broken legs hurt more than 1.

Antonio

« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2017, 10:43:38 AM »

Hola Yagen! Me alegro que estés tan bien.

Un par de preguntas, estás convencido de alargar tibias tambien? Te convence la explicacion de Dr. Monegal para evitar la posibilidad de dolor permanente en las rodillas?

Gracias!

yagen

« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2017, 01:17:05 PM »

@Krp1 and Helloworld,

I know both of us, I think both are right.

Pain, disconfort and patien are not equal in every person.

For me the worst of LL was that I could not sleep well, I prefer to stay more time in a wheelchair but not do two surgerys and sleep bad the double of time.

@Peaceout

I am happy and I see that people look me in a different way. My new gilrfriend told me that people see me because I look a tall guy, and I think it is because I look taller becasue I am slim.

last week, my old student intern that I had not seen in two years told me "you get strong", but it is not true I am five kg heavier than two years ago.

I am happy but you lose time, muscle, and your legs dont recover 100%, you can do a normal life but not an athletic life.

@Antonio

I see that your recover goes well too, I am very glad for you, How is your healing?
For me the main problem in the ankle and the missaligment and not the knee,
Every day doctors put hundreds of intramedular nails (trauma nail) in the tibia by the knee.

I was asking to Paco1 and Glenn, and They told me that they were fine.

helloworld

« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2017, 12:04:13 PM »

So basically it is not the external circumstance, like a broken leg, that is causing the pain, but the brain is producing pain on purpose, if it thinks you need a reminder to fix do something about your health.
A nice example of the brain causing pain are painful phantom legs, where a painful leg is amputated and the same pain as before continues! And the even more curious thing is that when you still have one leg and use a mirror for you to get the illusion that you are moving the amputated leg, the pain of the amputated leg can go away, as explained in this video:
(minute 9:35 -16:00)
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

yagen

« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2017, 05:10:55 PM »

There are some patients with problems of non-union.

A new trial is doing in twenty hospitals from Europe, ORTHOUNION

ORTHOpedic randomized clinical trial with expanded bone marrow MSC and bioceramics versus autograft in long bone nonUNIONs

http://www.telemadrid.es/programas/telenoticias-fin-de-semana/telenoticias-fin-de-semana-05032017-0

You can see it in 10:40 Minutes.

If it works, healing will be faster.

Mdream

• Visitor
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2017, 10:53:15 PM »

Hi Yagen
Congrats for your achievement. I'm planning to do two stage as well. What did you tell to your work colleagues when you came back after the first surgery?
Could you also send the índole Brand and shoes you used when the gap was larger than 5cm?
Thank you!

yagen

« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2017, 07:50:25 AM »

Mdream.

I got cheap boots similar to these to put the insole inside.

http://www.pikolinos.com/es-es/leon-m8e-8092.html?id=201740&gclid=Cj0KEQjw5YfHBRDzjNnioYq3_swBEiQArj4pdBaMhlEdDVV_qqWS08XhGrpFI5djjCdPHCWTWjqVbDEaAmYR8P8HAQ

You can also trim the heel with a saw if you need more height. You only need this boots for 3 or 4 weeks till next surgery.

I told to my mates that I had a bone problem I was very sad about it, I did not talk to much about it. I would need time for recovery, workout and growing factors.

Good luck in your trip

yagen

« Reply #208 on: April 06, 2017, 06:19:37 AM »

10 months after second leg surgery.

Many people have asked me about recovery in private.
I do a normal life, I have recovered the flexibility and I can run, but I do not want to stress the bone because the nail is still there.

This video is from a few weeks ago.

https://vimeo.com/211838379

yagen

« Reply #209 on: April 24, 2017, 11:19:36 AM »

Today´s Bone scan, Less 1 year from last surgery.

It´s hard to see the new bone, where is the osteotomy and a very good alignment.

Very happy with all.

:)

Auron

« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2017, 01:57:25 PM »

You look perfect Yagen!  ;)

alps

« Reply #211 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:12 PM »

looks great yagen! we would love to see more videos of you doing sports and such :)

question - why is it that the Fitbone is usually inserted through the knee (retrograde)? Given the risk of knee damage, why is it still done that way?

helloworld

« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2017, 03:05:22 PM »

It is not "still" done, but it is a new procedure that goes not through but around knee ligaments that Dr. Monegal developed to reduce the risk of femure breaking and to prevent hip complications.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2017, 03:08:29 PM »

Perfect results, one of the best i've seen.
You did it Yagen, lets hope all of us be as lucky as you when we finish femur LL.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #214 on: April 24, 2017, 03:11:53 PM »

Amazing results Yagen.

I wish you a happy life. You rightfully earned it

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2017, 06:04:01 PM »

Congratulations, you've got only to remove the nails and you will be free :)
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

notimportant

« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »

One patient told me this guy is one of the few not bad outcomes of the doctor
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up