Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen  (Read 121747 times)

yagen

Re: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2016, 08:06:31 AM »

@Ozymandias

Me parece que no somos ni los primeros, ni el primer español en hacerlo. Lo siento pero no vamos a conseguir la pole  ;D

A dia de hoy no he intentado andar con una muleta solo, pero creo que tampoco merece la pena en esta fase, estoy seguro que fitbone aguanta mas peso, de hecho los pacientes que se operan de dos piernas a la vez con el andador y al hacer el balanceo necesitan al menos apoya el 50% de su peso. Cada dia tengo mas confianza en la pierna, pero no creo que forzar el fitbone o los clavos sea necesario, porque de momento en esta fase lo que me preocupa es Alargar, estirar y dormir, ademas no se ha formado todavia ningun tipo de cayo oseo que soporte algo de peso.

Si ves el timing de Xavi, termina el dia 64 y el dia 81 esta andando sin muletas, otro paciente de Monegal con el que hablo, segun termino de alargar empezo a caminar. Y por las radiografias no hay ningun cayo oseo formado a los 3 meses. Por lo que supongo que el fitbone aguanta todo el peso, y mas cuando no llevas el fitbone mas de 6 cm que es cuando el momento flector es mayor y hay mas posibilidades de doblarse.

Si hoy finalizase el alargamiento siento la confianza en la pierna para empezar a coger la dinamica de andar con una muleta, pero hasta que no termine el alargamiento y la pierna deje de sufrir, no empezare a andar sin muletas y siempre siguiendo la recomendación del doctor.

Cualquier duda, preguntamela, porque yo me tenia mil dudas que otros pacientes me han ido resoviendo.

My name is Xavi, I'm 33 years old, I’ve got athletic build, my weight is 63 kg and my height was 166 cm.
For personal reasons, become taller, it was my life dream. My legs were slightly curved and they were quite short in compare with the trunk. Also, I've broad shoulders and they seemed disproportionate to my body.
I’ve been walking with shoe insoles until now, because I usually felt lumbar pain. However, I've always been a running lover, but for a long time, I couldn't run because always ended with contractures in the knees or plantar fasciitis.
In August from 2014, I was searching the Internet, when suddenly I found Dr. Alejandro Monegal expert and authorized by Wittenstein Intens in bone lengthening by Fitbone system. He is one of the 25 doctors in the world, who practice this type of surgery.
In September I had the first interview with him. He had empathy with me and he understood perfectly my problem and my complex.
The 16th of October, he made me the first intervention surgery of my left leg. He introduced the Fitbone system inside my femur. Before, we had been agree to do an elongation of 6 cm. At the end, my height is 172 cm. My dream was come true!
Eight days after the surgery, I began with two pulsations of Fitbone system (0.27 mm each pulsation) each day.
11 days after the surgery, I could start walking with crutches. I've been walking 45 minutes every day.
In October 30, I stopped taking painkillers. At that time, I was connected the Fitbone system three times every day.
November 3rd I started working. My life it was more or less normal with crutches limitations.
November 13th I'm connected the Fitbone four times each day. From the third centimetre, I begin to feel some tenderness in the fracture, when I connect the Fitbone system.
On December 19th I'm finished the treatment. I had grown 5 cm and my actual height is 172 cm. That was more than I’ve been expected. Dr. Alejandro Monegal had put my leg completely straight and with that I finally won an extra centimetre. Now, the ratio between the femur and tibia is perfect.
Today 4th January 2015 I can walk without crutches and my femur is consolidating well. So, If all goes well, at the end of February Dr. Alejandro Monegal will do the second surgery on my right leg.
The result is extremely spectacular, and I am very happy and pleased with the process and it seems impossible that my dream was becoming true.
I'm still doing leg stretches (hour and a half every day). It’s important that tendons and muscles have to stretched and is absolutely essential this type of stretching. It is very important to keep track of increases in footwear to adapting to the new height.
Slowly I'm breaking the leg adhesion, because I can’t bend more than 90 degrees. At the same time that the bone is consolidated is important to do some rehabilitation.
My assessment of the whole process is excellent, if you have enthusiasm, discipline and work hard every day, the lengthening process will be effective.
You can see the results from week to week. Dr. Alejandro Monegal has been an excellent surgeon for me. We talk frequently to monitor the whole process and I’m so thankful with him, because he made my dream come true.
My life is changing completely and this is a new beginning for me.
Now that's all. Once, I’ve finished the second surgery, I will write again telling my experience.
Bye and see you soon. 

yagen

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2016, 08:18:32 AM »

@patientzero

Thanks for the good advice and for making me see that it is a normal thing.

On my worst night I took two tramadoles .

This weekend weekend I started taking melatonin to regulate sleep, so I can sleep better by the day and evening , adding all naps have been able to sleep eight hours .

That has raised my positive feeling and my level of fatigue now is minimum

yagen

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2016, 08:28:50 AM »

Hi Yagen. To what level does only having one leg inhibit your every day activities. Obviously you live a pretty normal life, is it only sports and sleep that the leg is impacting on?

You spend more time to do anything, the problem is no just the leg, both hands are busy. But You can manage your life.

You are more tired than before surgery, If you stay sit down a lot of time you dont feel comfortable, I prefer to have my leg straight, and remember you fell stiffness in your leg the first hour when you do the clicks.

KrP1

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2016, 10:23:33 AM »

I dont think that the stiffness is something that everyone has after clicking. I didnt feel anything after that.

KrP1

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2016, 10:25:20 AM »

I started to walk unnaided right after finish my lengthening

yagen

« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2016, 12:16:34 PM »

I dont think that the stiffness is something that everyone has after clicking. I didnt feel anything after that.

I feel some stiffness and a bit painn in adductor hip 2/10.

I started to walk unnaided right after finish my lengthening

How is your consolidation? how is your walk? can you with just one leg bear all your weight?

Thank you

PatientZero

« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2016, 05:37:43 PM »

Fitbone4 & Precise2 can hold a lot more weight than is advertised.

I know patients of both nails that started full weight bearing before their doctor gave permission. It is more likely that you will have a loose screw than a broken nail, but I highly discourage you from doing full weight bearing until you have at least 1 visible bony bridge in your x-rays--this may be 2-3 months after you stop distraction. This bony bridge will share the weight and take some stress off the nails.

Some patients get way too comfortable with their internal nails and even do weight bearing during distraction. Don't be that person lol.

I am following what Paley prescribes in his protocols for maximum safety.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

KrP1

« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2016, 06:03:06 PM »

I feel some stiffness and a bit painn in adductor hip 2/10.

How is your consolidation? how is your walk? can you with just one leg bear all your weight?

Thank you

I have very good consolidation. You could see bone callus in my xrays since the firsts months.
Yes . I can bear all my weight in one leg now. My walking is nearly normal but still with a little limp.

aspirant185

« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2016, 06:24:03 PM »

Do Guichet's patients do full weight bearing during lengthening ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

KrP1

« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2016, 06:27:34 PM »

I know patients of both nails that started full weight bearing before their doctor gave permission. It is more likely that you will have a loose screw than a broken nail, but I highly discourage you from doing full weight bearing until you have at least 1 visible bony bridge in your x-rays--this may be 2-3 months after you stop distraction. This bony bridge will share the weight and take some stress off the nails.

Some patients get way too comfortable with their internal nails and even do weight bearing during distraction. Don't be that person lol.

It depends in your consolidation. I highly discourage anyone to walk unnaided during lengthening. But after you stop the distraction if you have good bone formation is the best way to have an early recovery.

Ozymandias

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2016, 10:13:55 PM »

Gracias Yagen, seguiré leyendo tu diario con atención, ya que veo muchos parecidos con mi futura (esperemos) operación (por edad, altura, etc...) Suerte! Ya te queda casi nada para acabar la primera parte!

Yep, actually I don't think Fitbone and Precise are much weaker than the Betzbone or the GNail. I remember Bohemia's video walking (very slowly, but full weight-bearing) during distraction (bilateral). But with that being said, full weight-bearing before consolidation (or at least before finished lengthening) is surely a terrible idea.

Ozymandias

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2016, 09:01:03 PM »

How you doing, Yagen? Any updates?

BTW, can you swim while lengthening with Fitbone?

yagen

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2016, 08:09:01 AM »

D +47 About 3,7 cm

Just 18 days to reach the goal, This week is the first week that I have started the countdown. Its a good feeling in your mind, because now you can see the light to the end of the tunnel.

I am feeling better and better every day, as I said the las week I am more confident with my legs. I think the reason are two.
First, your body has recovered from the damage of thr surgey and second you has reach the millestone of 3 cms.

0- 1,5 cm easy
1,5-3 cm a bit hard
3 cm is easy again

This week I will get my second bone scan. I want to see how is the healing and the screw.

I have not pain, and the only problem is sleep, I get 2 naps of 1,5 h at night,  two weeks ago I was very tired then I started to work at home a few hours at afternoon thus I could get some naps when I was tired, and my body started to feel better.

Now I can be lying on the bed sleeping on my stomach thus I can put mi knee fully straight with the weight of my own leg over the knee, when I can no sleep I turn on my Kinetec machine and it relax me fou one hour, I am awake but relax in the bed.

I go on lenghtening to 0,81mm, maybe I could increase to 1,08 but I will get reduce 4 days of leghtening but I think 4 days are not so important.

@Ozymandias You can swin and after one month of surgery your increase your confidence in your leg. No esperes ser Michael Phelps!!! y el estilo depende de como sientas la pierna.

After one month you are in routine mode and the millestone is 3 cm after of this is easy and your body is stonger metal and physical.

yagen

« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2016, 11:34:55 AM »

D+49  Just two week to end first stage about 3,9 cm

Lengthening is easy and without pain, sleep is bad, just naps but I am tired, but I dont have any pain.

I prefer fatigue than pain. The weekend I feel full of energy because I can sleep when I want, but at work I can´t  :)

As I have said, boredom and routine are others enemies, but when your sister told you " you look taller"........simply priceless!!!!!
and I have to reach another 1,5 more.

This week I had my bone scan, and all look good. Screw and consolidation

Bone scan day +27 about 2cm

Bone scan day +47 abut 3,7cm

Nightwish

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »

Nice one Yagen!
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Ozymandias

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2016, 11:03:46 PM »

Nice pictures Yagen,

For all fitbone users, do you feel a lot of difference between lengthening at 0,81 mm/day and 1 mm/day?

Peaceout

« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2016, 09:51:28 AM »

What do you think about your proportions?

ppatient

• banned - clone account
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2016, 04:15:58 PM »

Nice pictures Yagen,

For all fitbone users, do you feel a lot of difference between lengthening at 0,81 mm/day and 1 mm/day?

People say it's like day and night

yagen

« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2016, 08:23:28 AM »

D+56 about 4,4 cm

These weeks are the same, I am in "routine mode".

I feel at night after doing my last click  a burning Electrical sensation in the femur near to the knee for 3-4 minutes, It must be my nerves, its no pain just similar to electroestimulation.

My proportion looks good but now I can see clearly the gap in my knees, My femur looks longer but I think after 6 months it looks at me normal after looking every day, I think 5 or 6 cm is the maximun if you dont want to look a good proportion nked, but with a boxer o short or a pant its normal. But if you do tibias too you can do more.

Some days I feel greedy and I want more cms, but I think my body is telling me that is enough effort physical and psycological.

I feel higher with 5 cms, and I want to finish the lengthening stage, and see how my leg start recovering time, how the bone grows, how I can walk, if I can sleep better..... Let see!!!

Peaceout

« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2016, 10:48:18 AM »

Good job yagen :)
What about your arms?How they look now?
When is second surgery?

yagen

« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2016, 12:52:22 PM »

D+61    2 month post surgery........... I have finished the lengthening phase!!!! Reached 5 cms.

I think my proportion looks good. The last sunday I took a breakfast with a future LL patient, and he told me that I was very good and I like other persons in the street with crutches. My scars.......are.......almost invisible, he told me the same.
5 cms is very easy to hide.

This is my final gap, now I am going to focus in recovery and how my leg is recovering, if I feel pain, stonger.

Some user have asked me if i have duck ass!! when i was reaching 5 cms, I had more tension in my gluteo but I dont have duck ass.

Lets see how is this week without clicks.

Peaceout, my arms looks good they are stronger and my upper body too because two months in crutches makes me gain more muscle.

I dont know when will be the second surgery, next week I will get the bone scan and how is the bone.

Thank you buddys for the support!!!

Yagen

alps

« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2016, 01:56:20 PM »

if it's not too much to ask, can you post pics of feet area showing your heels (with one leg tiptoeing to make up)? I really want to see how much of an increase 5 cm is :)

Svensk

« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2016, 03:17:59 AM »

Looks really good, gratz on your new height!!
I hope you enjoy it, you really deserv it. Good luck in your new phase.
Why didn't the short guy come in to the night club?
-No leg

Goal: 7 cm femurs in summer 2017

yagen

« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2016, 12:25:36 PM »

D+68

I will visit Dr Monegal next week and get the bone scan.

I am walking with crutches till Dr Monegal tell me that it is time to walk with one crutch, I'm not in any hurry to start to walk without chutches becuase Its awesome how the leg is recovering in just one week, I can sleep better and I am not tired and without any pain.

I can stand up without crutches for two minutes till my legs are tired, but I can bear more weight to leg.

I am recovering my flexibility and I attached you a video of the basic exercises that I do but with crutches.

My flexibility is between 0-90º.

Classical music is optional :P

alps

« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2016, 12:51:23 PM »

This is amazing yagen!

willsa

« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2016, 02:43:14 AM »

Wow! Congratulations!! and you feel no pain???

yagen

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2016, 12:02:18 PM »

D+72

I have started to increase my blood flow in my leg in order to improve the healing. The healing in the femur is better than in tibia because there are more veins.

After a sesion with Electrical Muscle Stimulation my muscle are more flexibles, I am using the program of recovery, in a few days I will strart the program of strenght and resistance. Thus I could contract muscle without weight.

https://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/compex-to-the-rescue.17014.html?sect=electrical-muscle-stimulation-section

WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF THE ACTIVE RECOVERY PROGRAM?
This program doesn’t cause contractions; it causes muscular twitches. The frequency of the pulse drops gradually during the session, resulting in three types of effect: an increase in blood flow (flushes out toxins faster), an endorphin analgesic effect, a relaxing effect. The end result: faster restoration of the muscular balance.

https://www.compexusa.com/muscle-stimulation/faq

@willsa
I have no pain, just tension

I attached a video of EM sesion

https://vimeo.com/160509694

I have reading to cooper, I am very sad  for him but there are some things that I think he is wrong.

1) the healing depend on our body.
2) All doctors know about suprapatellar and infrapatellar nailing approach, did Rozbruch not know about suprapatellar/infrapatellar? Rozbruch is anti Monegal, is not the first case.

I am going an appointment this week with Monegal, and I am going asking about Cooper.

I would like to know his point of view.

I hope Copper you have a better recovery and reach your dreams.

Its "good" that not all the patients of Monegal speak well about him, thus the patients experience are real.

My best wishes Cooper.

Nightwish

« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2016, 12:43:16 PM »

Glad things are going well Yagen. Certainly would be interesting to hear Dr Monegal's point of view! I think it's quite interesting that noone from MIC has posted since...
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Bob

« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2016, 03:58:25 PM »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:11:54 PM by Bob »

yagen

« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2016, 07:30:17 AM »

D+75

I will have my bone scan today, how is my healing, I want to see if its time to start to walk again. I am very carefully I want to quit first one crutch.

I am going to came back to the gym to start Treadmill Walking workout. I want to see if my corrective insole in my shoe is at the same level than the other foot, to walk well.

meanwhile, I am recovering my flexibility, now I can bend my knee 100º with the CPM machine

This is the video.

https://vimeo.com/160851350

yagen

« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2016, 08:18:50 AM »

My bone scan are normal, Now I have a bridge in the bone gap.

Monegal told me that I am very well and If I would want I Could do more cms.

the flexibilitiy of my knee is 110º.

Every day my leg feels stonger and stronger
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up