Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen  (Read 121340 times)

yagen

Re: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 11:31:56 AM »

D+3

Last night was awful, a continuous pain 4/10 I could not sleep, just micro naps.
Yesterday they quit me the cathether and I could feel the pain, the PT "carlos" a really good boy has told met this morning that the nerves start to feel again the pain and the have to adjust the level of pain. He has reseaching about the pain and is focus in this.

This morning I had the PT sesion and after they changed me the bandaje, the pain was decreasing, and Carlos told me to take a walk with crutches but I was frigthened because I did not I could be able to get it.

level of pain 1/10 now

This is fu**ing awesome

View My Video

thank you so much to glenn, bohemia............. when last night I could not sleep, and i felt the pain, I tried to read your post in order to focus my brain in other things. great jobs sharing your personal experience.

I hope that my personal experience help to the newbies
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:54:30 AM by yagen »

chsn

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2016, 07:23:52 PM »

Great video yagen! Looking solid :)

Deads

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2016, 08:59:14 PM »

Justin Bieber machine  :P :P

You built that??!

yagen

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 02:11:38 PM »

D+4

Pain 0/10

this morning I got bend my knee to 100-110º with the machine.

@Deads I am going to build the next Monday a similar machine with a door engine thus You can strech without a PT and it is easy because you focus your mind in TV or music.

I am improving the way that I walk with the PT, I am faster than yesterday and I can bearing more weight.

View My Video

I will come back at my home the next saturday, and I think that I can be able to do a normal life.

aspirant185

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 02:49:09 PM »

When will you start lengthening ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Deads

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 03:52:59 PM »

D+4

Pain 0/10

this morning I got bend my knee to 100-110º with the machine.

@Deads I am going to build the next Monday a similar machine with a door engine thus You can strech without a PT and it is easy because you focus your mind in TV or music.

I am improving the way that I walk with the PT, I am faster than yesterday and I can bearing more weight.

View My Video

I will come back at my home the next saturday, and I think that I can be able to do a normal life.

Very cool.. Would be great if you showed how you make it/where to buy one.

Having ear phones in you can go to your own place and stretch for several hours a day.

yagen

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 06:31:08 PM »

@aspirant185

I will start lengthening on friday

@Deads

I will create a "Do it yourself" the cost will be about 200 Euros. Hire a CPM machines is about 300 eurs/2weeks

Peaceout

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 06:47:39 PM »

I liked that machine.Good luck :)
Dont you worry about staying away from doctor?

Christopherbulder

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 10:22:47 PM »

:)  nice
1 leg  -50% of pain

I recall me with the most painful nails albizzia is twisting his leg for clik cause pain with fitbone I think more easy

Ozymandias

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »

Hey Yagen,

Nice to see you are doing well. The improvement in your walking from the first video to the second is notable.

Are you taking painkillers?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 11:23:40 PM »

:)  nice
1 leg  -50% of pain

I recall me with the most painful nails albizzia is twisting his leg for clik cause pain with fitbone I think more easy

Albizzia is more painful due to clicking, perhaps, but all methods cause pain.

I wouldn't change Albizzia for Fitbone. Fitbone is unreliable. It fails a lot and results are inaccurate. Look at Krp1s diary and the thread Question for fitbone users.

Albizzia is the best option if you prefer weightbearing mechanisms. IF not, you have Precice... Precice isn't perfect, but better than Fitbone, IMO.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Christopherbulder

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 02:01:13 AM »

yes albizzia is a great value , however, I saw mechanics sometimes nails down albizzia
conserne for this walking it is impossible to walk for eight weeks with albizzia
yes after the inaccurate data is a problem

yagen

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 12:26:28 PM »

@Peaceout

I am not worry about to stay away from doctor Monegal, he seems my father, any question he is avalaible in whatsapp and every day came to the hospital to see me, every moning and every night I have whatsapp from him.

For me this is the most important thing if you have a good doctor next to you, when I asked to other Doctor like Paley he is not closer to the patients. In this kind of surgery you must trust in your doctor. I remember the firts appoinment with Monegal, I wanted to do both leg at the same time, but I think you have to listen all the doctors and after take your decission.

With just a leg you can do a normal life, this morning I started to up and down stairs. Awesome.

@Ozymandias

Level of pain 0/10, with PT 2/10

Last night I didnt take any painkiller and I sleep well, and now I have reduce to 50% the painkillers.

My leg swelling is very good.

@Christopherbulder @LLuser1

I think precise, fitbone, betz, guichet nail......... are all bad devices, because we are in the first stages of LL, now we wear a MS-Dos system in our legs.

In this surgery can fail a lot of things, rod, nails, infections........ But you have to be near a good doctor that can solve the problems, and for me Monegal is one of the best.

He told me that he can get fitbone or precise, he told me the pros and cons of both. He was very clear about that.

Christopherbulder

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 05:49:31 PM »

I visit the doctor I find very monegal has the listening and if I do I do with my tibia dr monegal one leg after the other because now you do after 7 cm femur (albizzia)on the tibia is a bit short

yagen

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2016, 08:16:40 AM »

D+6 

last night I started the lenthening with fitbone. Dr Monegal came to he hospital and he spent 1 hour with me explained how the device works. I was frightened if the device didn´t run well, but he told me that He tested the day of the surgery, with precise you can not test in the surgery. The pain when I did the click was 0/10

He was with me till 22:00 and his wife phoned him. I am very happy to chose a Doctor that he was looking out for me.

He gave a me a stethoscope to listen how the engine turn arround, he did 2 clicks 0,54mm, and this morning I did another one by myself 0,27mm

He told me that I have to do 3 click per day in this stage.

D+7

I am going to the airport to come back at my home. This week has been amazing. I am very happy with Dr, PT, nurses, hospital..

Now start a new stage, with more streaching!!! general pain 0/10.

I can not put on my socks by myself..... :-[

Oniria

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2016, 10:47:21 AM »

well done, yagen and congrats for your choice.
Hope pain will stay at a low level.
keep in touch

Christopherbulder

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2016, 01:09:32 PM »

D+6 

last night I started the lenthening with fitbone. Dr Monegal came to he hospital and he spent 1 hour with me explained how the device works. I was frightened if the device didn´t run well, but he told me that He tested the day of the surgery, with precise you can not test in the surgery. The pain when I did the click was 0/10

He was with me till 22:00 and his wife phoned him. I am very happy to chose a Doctor that he was looking out for me.

He gave a me a stethoscope to listen how the engine turn arround, he did 2 clicks 0,54mm, and this morning I did another one by myself 0,27mm

He told me that I have to do 3 click per day in this stage.

D+7

I am going to the airport to come back at my home. This week has been amazing. I am very happy with Dr, PT, nurses, hospital..

Now start a new stage, with more streaching!!! general pain 0/10.

I can not put on my socks by myself..... :-[

very nice  good luk

yagen

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »

D+10

Come back to the routine. Now I am doing a normal life, I can walk better everyday, the range os movement of my knee is improving .

I am lengthening 0,82 mm per day without any pain. I walk with chutches , and I just take painkillers at night. I can sleep well but I try dont fall asleep during the day, if you are tired at night you sleep better.

I think the best decision of my life was not to do both legs at the same time, thank you to Dr, Monegal for the suggestion.

Now you can see why.......... Its fuc**ing awesome.

View My Video

I drive a manual car, I can drive perfectly and I improve the knee angle at the same time!!!

I prefer wear I Insole that stay 4 four months in a wheelchair, the PT has told me that if you move walking the legs dont lost muscle and the consolidation its better.

I think a picture or video tell mora than 1k words

Alea iacta est

yagen

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2016, 02:02:47 PM »

Revenge

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2016, 04:41:23 PM »

it s f*cking unbelivable I m happy for you :)

Christopherbulder

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2016, 05:44:17 PM »

better quality

https://vimeo.com/153099501

for two femurs do not have time to drive  for 5 months

yagen

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2016, 05:26:41 AM »

My first knee bender, this is the versión 1.0 I am working in a better design.

https://vimeo.com/153328529

we dont need to argue with nonsenses, the forum is to solve doubts and try to take the better decision in order to reach your goal.

ouroboros

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2016, 05:48:35 AM »

That is just genius!  Thanks for sharing the video.

Have a great recovery!

Alu

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2016, 06:41:34 AM »

Yagen, I'm extremely impressed my man. Are you an Engineer by any chance?

yagen

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2016, 09:54:43 AM »

Thank you for the best wishes!!

I had my surgery two weeks ago, Time is passing too fast and just remenber one night with a bit hard.
I can do a normal life, On monday I wil come back at my job,

My level of pain in this stage of lengthening is 0/10. Now I can touch my toes again but I need to improve my streching.
My knee angle is about 90º but with some pain.

I sleep in two times first 4-5 hours and I wake up with some pain thus I try to do exescises for 30 minutes and my leg come back to normal zero pain,

I walk a lot trying to force my knee, When I drive actuating the clutch pedal is one of the best execises.

I just take heparine at night.

I go on lengthening to 0,81 mm without pain, I prefer not to reach the limits of my body, with this rate I am very confortable and without pain and doing a normal life, for me is not importat to be one month more with crutches without pain, but let´s see how my body reject the lengthening, Today I will reach my first cm, 0,4mm in surgery and 0,6 mm with fitbone.

@Alu @ouroboros

I am engineer but I work in financial markets. I work as SP500 future trader.

This is my new version of the CPM machine. Its better because you can get the leg straight and the axis better in hip.

You only need a engine, a cutter tiles and pvc tube and a relay to control the system.

https://vimeo.com/153592155

yagen

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2016, 01:32:37 PM »

D+16

First day at office. I try to walk and do streaching while I am at office. I have a beach ball under my desk to move the leg.  :D

It´s awesome how I can do a normal life just 2 weeks after surgery.

Level of pain 0/10, 2/10 at night.

Aturro

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2016, 11:35:39 PM »

yagen, this looks and sounds very impressive! congrats! honestly, I have no clue at all how you are doing this.

I had my second surgery on Wednesday, starting lengthening today, also fitbone.

so now:
I can´t bend my leg at all, maybe 5°. It is so swollen I can't even put trousers on
I can hardly walk on crutches, its ok from bed to bathroom but thats it. and afterwards I already get a temperature because its so exhausting and takes me ten minutes...
I can´t work for the next 3-4 weeks I guess, don't even imagine how
I have constant pain around 7 without medication and 3-4 with...

So even if I reduce my pain level etc. by 95% I still couldn't do 5% of what you are already doing....its really unbelievable. something must be wrong with me or its a miracle;) Glad for you of course!

all the best!

yagen

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2016, 06:56:41 AM »

Aturro keep on pushing!!!

I remenber the first 3 days at hospital. My leg looks like a wood trunk, My mind tried to raise the leg but It was impossible.
On the third day when the PT told me "lets go to take a walk", and I saw him thinking "are you kidding me??" But it was a walk of 5 minutes, and every day I am improving.

The best thing for me is with Fitbone the clicks are painless.

Try to hire a kinetec machine in order to improve the bend knee, The first day I was 1 hour with the machine and after my leg feel very good.

Now the main dificulty is bend my knee, I have tried to do stationary bike but I dont get to do a complete revolution.
I can bend my knee to 45º without any pain, but 90º just get it with the CPM machine and with a little pain, but it is a PT session that you have to touch your edge

Try to be positive mindset and every new thing that you get is a new goal hit.

Cheers Aturro!!!!

Aturro

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2016, 10:31:01 PM »

thanks Yagen! I know the days will get easier soon so motivation level is ok...

I am still so impressed, I read your diary 5 times and watched the videos. Can´t believe the difference to my status quo. You built a machine!! I am happy if I manage to take a shower;)

But I think there is also some difference in the whole process and attitude between Monegal and Baumgart.
I saw your knee was already bent after surgery, right? I was told to keep it always straight when I am in bed because full extension is so important...bending not so much...
I must not put more weight than 20 kilos on my leg. I guess you are full weight bearing from the start or now?

Its a bit strange, as we are using the same nail. Anyway, will try to get me such a bending machine....

still wondering...;)

yagen

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2016, 08:23:00 AM »

Aturro the motivation level is the best, every new thing that you do is a victory. Try to enjoy with the goals.

I took my first shower alon the fourth day, I spent 15 minutes in take a shower, I had to use the crutches to drag the towells and other things, It was hard but it was a goal.

The day afeter the surgery the PT brought the CPM machine to help me to bend my knee, Doctor and PT told me that if you move your leg the recovery will be faster because more blood is working in your leg, thus you reduce the swelling and more growth factors try to repair your damage zone.

I try to walk a lot because is a normal way to srtech your body and to move the blood by your legs.

The CPM machine bend your knee and do the full extension. At my desk I try to do the full extension of my leg lean on above a ball.

If you dont try to bend your knee you are losing mobility and your recovery will be worst. The firts week I could not put my sock but now I can do it bending my knee.

I am no putting more than 20 kilos on my leg. I am not doing full weight bearing I always need 2 crutches, and I wear a insole with 1 cm more than my LL leg in order not to put a lot of kg.

I attach you the timing that other patient "PATIENT XXX" versus my LL timing. He told me that he had more swelling.

I am going to send you my whatsapp in a private post, if you need anything.

I can feel how my leg is improving day by day

The worst part of lengthening is the night!!!!

Keep on pushing Aturro!!! and try to enjoy this journey........you are climbing your own everest!!!

unhappy

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2016, 10:05:24 PM »

good my freind
price for surgey in barcelona

thanks

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up