Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SURGERY TO GET INSTANT 3 CM HEIGHT GAIN!!  (Read 13014 times)

Robert

• Visitor
Re: SURGERY TO GET INSTANT 3 CM HEIGHT GAIN!!
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2018, 02:38:48 AM »

Does anyone know about the synotes website. They have what they call a third generation device and it seems very promising. They claim full weight bearing on the first day.

myloginacct

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 05:20:38 PM »

Ctrl + F "minor complications" in that link (third page and section on the right). This all sounds very good compared to femur/tibia lengthening.

However, I think this technique can only be used for leg discrepancies. At least, there was no indication in that pdf of it being used to treat anything but leg discrepancies.

Well, it was easier to just screenshot it.

drtruman

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 07:49:02 PM »

OMG! this is exactely what i was looking for, since i would be ok even with 2-3 cm gain (i am 177 and i have always dreamt to be at least 180)

Antoine187

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2018, 03:14:13 AM »

Hi,

Is anyone has been able to contact some doctors about this surgery ?
I ve tried with some doctors in France but without success so far...

myloginacct

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2018, 01:45:03 PM »

Hi,

Is anyone has been able to contact some doctors about this surgery ?
I ve tried with some doctors in France but without success so far...

I've contacted one doctor about this a while ago, here was his response:

"Hi,

This article describes a pelvis osteotomy done to correct small discrepancies in length in mostly children. The kids all have pathology which caused a discrepancy.

This is definitely not an option for CLL. Mostly not possible in adults. Can lead to catastrophic bleeding. Also too big an operation to perform bilaterally. Height gain is minimal and risk profile too much."

So all of us have to forget about this thread.

Android

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2018, 06:15:54 PM »

Thanks for sharing, myloginacct!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Infinity

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2018, 05:23:33 PM »

actually what he is telling you is that he is not capable of performing it ;). Very few doctors are able to do so and have experience to do this surgery. The bleeding and invasiveness of this surgery is comparatively smaller when compared with LL major surgery. Pls read up my earlier posts in this thread.

Ideally one can do one leg at time as downtime is almost negligible and there is no implant or clicking so the cost is minimal. Probably about 5k for each leg.

The main problem is finding a doctor who not only is willing to do so for cosmetic reasons but actually has experience with this type of lengthening. I did not managed to find one yet. Those who have experience are only doing for medical cases and those who dont have experience i wont go to them, even if they were willing to do it.

myloginacc

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2018, 11:37:37 PM »

actually what he is telling you is that he is not capable of performing it ;). Very few doctors are able to do so and have experience to do this surgery. The bleeding and invasiveness of this surgery is comparatively smaller when compared with LL major surgery. Pls read up my earlier posts in this thread.

Ideally one can do one leg at time as downtime is almost negligible and there is no implant or clicking so the cost is minimal. Probably about 5k for each leg.

The main problem is finding a doctor who not only is willing to do so for cosmetic reasons but actually has experience with this type of lengthening. I did not managed to find one yet. Those who have experience are only doing for medical cases and those who dont have experience i wont go to them, even if they were willing to do it.

Sure thing, random person on the internet with no data backing the claims being made.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Infinity

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2019, 01:45:44 PM »

bumping this.

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2020, 09:50:48 PM »

bumping this thread
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up