Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guichet on preparation  (Read 4066 times)

Uppland

Guichet on preparation
« on: December 13, 2015, 10:39:51 AM »

From his website:

2 - WHAT DO WE MEAN BY PRE-OPERATIVE PREPARATION, BECAUSE I DO SPORTS AND I CONSIDER MYSELF ALREADY PREPARED?

Preparation for a lengthening is similar to preparation of athletes for the Olympics. We can not consider ourselves well prepared by practicing sports, even if they are strenuous. You must condition your body like a professional to avoid risk of complications, serious or less serious.

Sounds harsh, he's even mentioning the Olympics.

What I'm doing is just this basic stretching routine, but perhaps I should add some interval sprint training and yoga as well. Post strategies to prep for surgery.

Alu

Re: Guichet on preparation
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 05:04:26 PM »

Gonna have to lift weights, make that upper body strong enough to support your movement as you're bound a wheelchair.

Leg day will also have to be important, but don't over due it; remember strong leg muscle can be hard to lengthen. I actually don't really know how or what is the best way to build keg muscle so that is gonna have to be on your own accord

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 05:24:39 PM »

Gonna have to lift weights, make that upper body strong enough to support your movement as you're bound a wheelchair.

Leg day will also have to be important, but don't over due it; remember strong leg muscle can be hard to lengthen. I actually don't really know how or what is the best way to build keg muscle so that is gonna have to be on your own accord

I'm already in the gym, well I guess I'll try Yoga. Don't plan to lengthen much anyway, 4 cm at most.

paco1

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 07:25:36 PM »

I think in a second lengthening would be well 4cm, but in the first i think you should do 6cm.

Taller

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 03:24:46 AM »

Try to become flexible enough to touch the ground with your palms while keeping your legs straight. I've heard that is good preparation. Have you spoken to Dr. G yet? If so, how did he come across?

goldenegg

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 04:46:26 AM »

I think Dr. Guichet is a bit over the top with this.  Most people who have done LL will agree that going into it with good fitness and flexibility is really helpful, but being an Olympic athlete is uneccessary.  Yoga is great prep there are a lot of good stretches for things that don't get enough attention IMO, like pigeon pose for the IT band. 

Might as well enjoy running for as long as you can, cause it'll be a long time before you can do that again and maybe never at the same level :/

Madmax_01

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 12:32:26 AM »

Does anyone has an idea on how to prepare with stretching? -> http://exercise.about.com/od/flexibilityworkouts/tp/12-Great-Stretches-for-the-Lower-Body-Maximize-Your-Flexibility.htm -> I would do 3-4 leg exercises from this website and rotate them during the week. Moreover, I am working in the gym, doing the leg press about 100 lbs (I'm 1,62; about 143 lbs), and leg extension (femur) with 50 lbs.

Would that preparation would be sufficient enough?

ShyShy has mentioned in his diary, that he gained 40 % strenght during preparation, and that he went from 90 degrees "stretchability" to 125 degrees.
Would that mean for instance that at the end of preparation I should be able to to 140 lbs on the leg press?

Pages: [1]   Go Up