Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question the giant...  (Read 6059 times)

Adam.bax

• 200cm with an 80cm inside leg
Question the giant...
« on: December 20, 2015, 12:16:49 AM »

Just been going through a lot of these posts and a lot of people seem to be "wondering what it's like to be tall"

Well my LL would be for a medical reason not lack of height.. I'm 6ft7 or 201cm tall so if anyone has questions they want to ask the tall guy feel free.. I'll be happy to help..

Oh and it's not just short guys that worry about their height.. I'm so used to being a giant that if I see someone around 6ft4/5 I feel small and wish I was taller so to that extent I would question if anyone would ever really be happy with their height? You sort of get used to the size you are.. On a daily basis I get people saying "wow your massive" but do I really feel it in my own head? No.. I just feel like everyone else.. It's only if I stand next to someone 7ft7 I realise how big I am compared to the normal guys.

Taller

Re: Question the giant...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 09:14:47 PM »

Do you think people generally treat you better or worse because of your uncommonly tall height?

Adam.bax

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 10:39:21 PM »

I think it depends on the situation.. Generally I don't think most people care and I just get treated the same as everyone else.. I get comments on what the weather is like or wow your tall but it ends with that.. I don't think my height has helped me financially or in work (not like it might have done 20 years ago if I was after being a copper) I'm not exactly well off and most people on here will be wealthier then I am.

Occasionally people see it as a challenge to get agresive with me I think where they may have been more laid back with someone else although it's difficult to say and alcohol has a play in that sort of situations.

On a daily basis I think the only way my height is important is when people say "oh I wouldn't fight you" I honestly think that most of our issues with height are in our own head more then anything else

Adam.bax

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 11:01:18 PM »

To add to that, I do feel with some people my height can be intimidating.. People assume because I'm so big I'm rough and aggressive.. What they don't realise is that as a child I got bullied a lot for my size and that's something you never forget.. So as an adult I'm very soft and humble. I know what it's like to be bullied so I don't make an effort to abuse people. Think it often shocks people how nice I am as though being big means I have to be a knob.. lol

YellowSpike

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 02:07:25 PM »

To add to that, I do feel with some people my height can be intimidating.. People assume because I'm so big I'm rough and aggressive.. What they don't realise is that as a child I got bullied a lot for my size and that's something you never forget.. So as an adult I'm very soft and humble. I know what it's like to be bullied so I don't make an effort to abuse people. Think it often shocks people how nice I am as though being big means I have to be a knob.. lol

You sound like a gentle giant. I like you. We'd be friends in real life  ;D

Adam.bax

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 02:21:43 PM »

Cheers man!

Just for you guys its worth noting that when I was a young soldier in the army one of the most influential people I ever met was my SGT who had served for 15 years in the SAS.. The guy was about 5ft1 I think.. Haven't met a person I respected more in my life and he's had some amazing achievements. Just goes to show you don't have to be tall to get respect..

YellowSpike

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 02:33:42 PM »

Cheers man!

Just for you guys its worth noting that when I was a young soldier in the army one of the most influential people I ever met was my SGT who had served for 15 years in the SAS.. The guy was about 5ft1 I think.. Haven't met a person I respected more in my life and he's had some amazing achievements. Just goes to show you don't have to be tall to get respect..

You're right. Without revealing too much, there's someone very important in my life who is 5'5"...and he is super beloved and has crazy respect.

It's not so much respect (although that's part of it)...but I just wish I was the ideal of what women wanted (height-wise, a guy at least 5'10" and up, for 90% of women). I know none of us, no matter our height, can appeal to all women...but knowing how important height is to them and falling short of that baseline is kinda a confidence killer (and this is from someone who has done pretty well, even despite the height).

Adam.bax

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »

Don't forget this is also a two way thing.. Your worried women think your not big and tall enough, but most woman will think they're not pretty enough or skinny enough or big enough boobs etc. Etc.

Everyone has personal taste and preferance.. The tallest man in the UK at 7ft8 used to be with a woman 5ft1 same time my friend Neil is 5ft2 and his girlfriend is 5ft11 (must admit he's a BJJ champion so he's in good shape)

Most women might say online that they want a guy above a certain height.. But then most guys also say they want a 6ft page 3 model too..

When it comes down to it most people really arnt that bothered and you can like someone of various sizes..

endomorphisme

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »

I don't understand why you want to be taller.
200 cm is not a good heightbut it's still better that 175 cm .
Even though I dislike my height (I'am 183 cm) I would hate being 200 cm
My goal is 186.5 cm, but I think 190 cm is the perfect height , would you agree?

Deads

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 01:17:08 PM »

I don't understand why you want to be taller.
200 cm is not a good heightbut it's still better that 175 cm .
Even though I dislike my height (I'am 183 cm) I would hate being 200 cm
My goal is 186.5 cm, but I think 190 cm is the perfect height , would you agree?

Why would you have a goal of 186.5 when you're within range of your ideal height??

My ideal height would be 6"- 6"1.. I could JUST reach 6" if I wanted to go all out, but I want to look normal too.

Adam.bax

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »

I don't really know.. I've got this obsession with height and size I guess.. If I could be I'd be about 7ft and 200kg

I have friends who train and compete in strongman and one of them is currently 16th under 105kg they've all recommended I get involved as I seem to be naturally strong and I've already got a big frame..

Part of it is seeing guys like Brian shaw and Hafthor bjorrnson and wanting to be even bigger and stronger one day. I'm already bigger then a lot of strongmen and I think with shoes on etc and an extra few stone I'd be about the same size as Brian shaw.. think I've just got into this obsession of being bigger then everyone else. The fact one leg is abit shorter then the other got me looking at this surgery then my legs being so short for my height too just sort of set it off..

I'm wanting 9cm on my tibs I think. Would give me about a 34/35 inside leg at 6ft11 so would be a normal leg length for that size I think..

Deads

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 12:02:30 AM »

I don't really know.. I've got this obsession with height and size I guess.. If I could be I'd be about 7ft and 200kg

I have friends who train and compete in strongman and one of them is currently 16th under 105kg they've all recommended I get involved as I seem to be naturally strong and I've already got a big frame..

Part of it is seeing guys like Brian shaw and Hafthor bjorrnson and wanting to be even bigger and stronger one day. I'm already bigger then a lot of strongmen and I think with shoes on etc and an extra few stone I'd be about the same size as Brian shaw.. think I've just got into this obsession of being bigger then everyone else. The fact one leg is abit shorter then the other got me looking at this surgery then my legs being so short for my height too just sort of set it off..

I'm wanting 9cm on my tibs I think. Would give me about a 34/35 inside leg at 6ft11 so would be a normal leg length for that size I think..

You don't want 9cm on your tibs.. If you're wanting to get into strongman comps and put size/strength on your legs, I'd stick to your fibias. Tibias are harder to recover, they have a lot of intricacies involving flexion of your feet etc. You need a strong achilles and ankles for flexion which is vital for bodybuilding/powerlifting.

PatientZero

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 12:37:51 AM »

@Adam: wanting 9cm on your tibias shows a lack of reading and is generally an awful idea. You will probably need achilles tendon released. Imagine the possibility of having ankle pain for the rest of your life.

@Deads: 'fibia' -- new medical term or did you make this word up? Seen you refer to this non-existent bone over 9000 times.. it's the femur bro. Seeing you as well spoken man, I am here to save you and boost your credibility.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 12:38:07 AM »

My surgeon did a Q&A where he mentioned the risks of lengthening too much.

"Problems would be expected if one goes beyond the currently recommended limits [6 cm] - excessive lengthening could cause inflammation in the muscles, which in turn could result in fibrosis, and reduction in function in the long term."

Just something to consider.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Deads

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 02:22:13 AM »

@Deads: 'fibia' -- new medical term or did you make this word up? Seen you refer to this non-existent bone over 9000 times.. it's the femur bro. Seeing you as well spoken man, I am here to save you and boost your credibility.

Haha omg PatientZero... Why has no one pointed this out until now? I don't know why I've been calling it fibia on here. I say femur at work... That's completely blown my mind.

theuprising

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2015, 02:46:14 AM »

Haha omg PatientZero... Why has no one pointed this out until now? I don't know why I've been calling it fibia on here. I say femur at work... That's completely blown my mind.

I would like it noted for the record that I pointed it out. In this thread

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2999.msg46187#msg46187

You're welcome

alps

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2015, 04:51:27 AM »

My surgeon did a Q&A where he mentioned the risks of lengthening too much.

"Problems would be expected if one goes beyond the currently recommended limits [6 cm] - excessive lengthening could cause inflammation in the muscles, which in turn could result in fibrosis, and reduction in function in the long term."

Just something to consider.

in theory, is there such a safe "cut-off" ? even doing just 1cm should cause some amount of fibrosis and reduction in function in the long term right?

Deads

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2015, 09:37:15 AM »

I would like it noted for the record that I pointed it out. In this thread

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2999.msg46187#msg46187

You're welcome

Well that's embarrassing.....

Thank-you PatientZero AND theuprising for looking out for me.. Has anyone else tried to fill me in on my ignorance? If so, you can cash in your thanks now.

Deads

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »

in theory, is there such a safe "cut-off" ? even doing just 1cm should cause some amount of fibrosis and reduction in function in the long term right?

Everyone will react differently, that's why a holistic approach is required with this surgery. But, when you cross the 5cm mark, every cm you do or don't do will count more towards recovery. Think of a rubber band in its original form. Now stretch it so that its moderately tight. Each cm you stretch after this point will magnify its tightness, where as, the first few centimetres would have been easy to achieve because you had slack to work with.

Adam.bax

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2015, 10:51:31 AM »

Might have to stick with 5cm then..

I'd prefer to not have as much of an increase and still be able to use my legs effectively.. I just want a length where I feel my legs are appropriate for my height and 5cm would still give me a 33" inside leg so I can still shop in normal shops easy enough. I do often feel my legs are abit too short but I don't think I'll end up needing mega length to make a difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up