Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Social situations  (Read 1909 times)

Deads

Social situations
« on: December 23, 2015, 03:54:08 PM »

Hey guys, I'm currently doing some research for my business and surveying as many people as I can for a new project. You guys are generally very detailed when it comes to expressing your feelings on here, so I decided you would be a perfect audience to approach. If you could answer the two questions below to the best of your ability, I would very much appreciate it.

Question;

1. What social situations do you most struggle with and why?

2. Good communication skills are vital to having a prosperous social and professional life; If you could snap your fingers and choose just one communication skill to magically transform into perfection, what would it be and why?

For the second question, you can't just say "talking to girls". Communicating to girls (or anyone) comprises of a multitude of social skills. An example of a singular social skill would be something like, dealing with conflict.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 05:23:15 PM by Deads »

Adam.bax

• 200cm with an 80cm inside leg
Re: Social situations
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 06:03:14 PM »

Personally I struggle most in busy situation mainly with alcohol involved.. I don't drink and when it's crowded and loud and everyone's drunk it can be hard to interact. Much prefer quieter situations where everyone gets a chance to talk.

If I could change anything it would probably be my ability to read minds.. I can often tell if someone's happy or upset or uncomfortable but being able to Judge is say someone is flirting with you or just being friendly.. Or if someone is hinting at something.. You know what woman are like.. Can never bloody understand them.

Hope that helps

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 06:12:21 PM »

1. I struggle with making small talk.  When there's not much of importance in the conversation, I have difficulty thinking of anything to say.  Also, I'm often afraid to elevate conversations to topics of importance to me for fear of making people mad or offending them.  So often I end up staying nothing to people and they think I'm shy or weird.

2. I wish I were better at making small talk.  I was a social butterfly during my LL days because "how are your legs doing?" was a really good ice breaker.  I had something to talk about with everyone in that hospital, and it wasn't just BS about how your sister I've never met is doing.  This paved the way for more serious conversations that featured lots of self-disclosure, and even discussion of controversial topics.

I think this is why I hang out here despite being done with LL for years.  It's something to talk about.

Deads

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 08:48:45 PM »

1. I struggle with making small talk.  When there's not much of importance in the conversation, I have difficulty thinking of anything to say.  Also, I'm often afraid to elevate conversations to topics of importance to me for fear of making people mad or offending them.  So often I end up staying nothing to people and they think I'm shy or weird.

2. I wish I were better at making small talk.  I was a social butterfly during my LL days because "how are your legs doing?" was a really good ice breaker.  I had something to talk about with everyone in that hospital, and it wasn't just BS about how your sister I've never met is doing.  This paved the way for more serious conversations that featured lots of self-disclosure, and even discussion of controversial topics.

I think this is why I hang out here despite being done with LL for years.  It's something to talk about.

I know exactly where you're coming from MDOW haha!.. Out of curiosity, what topics do you feel would offend people?

Personally I struggle most in busy situation mainly with alcohol involved.. I don't drink and when it's crowded and loud and everyone's drunk it can be hard to interact. Much prefer quieter situations where everyone gets a chance to talk.

If I could change anything it would probably be my ability to read minds.. I can often tell if someone's happy or upset or uncomfortable but being able to Judge is say someone is flirting with you or just being friendly.. Or if someone is hinting at something.. You know what woman are like.. Can never bloody understand them.

Hope that helps

Definitely helps. I'm not a big drinker myself, so I can definitely relate to feeling overwhelmed and sometimes bored in those situations (depending on my company).

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 09:01:06 PM »

Politics and philosophy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up