Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: LATIN with Dr Deepak Raina at Indian Spinal Injuries Center  (Read 25596 times)

tolly

LATIN with Dr Deepak Raina at Indian Spinal Injuries Center
« on: December 20, 2015, 10:47:56 AM »

21 Male , Indian

Original Height- 174 cm
Current Height- 183 cm

I had my Surgery in May 2015 with Dr Deepak Raina in Indian Spinal Injuries Center.The Procedure was LATIN (Tibial Lengthening using Monorail Fixator and IM Nailing after the lengthening phase was over).I Gained 9 cm (90 mm) in 108 Days.

Since, I had Plantar Fasciitis (Ballerina) about 6 cm , I Underwent Percutaneous Achilles Tendon Lengthening (They made 3 small Cuts on Tendon) along with the IM Nailing Surgery Simultaneously. I was able to Walk unaided 2 Weeks Later, which was Remarkable Considering my Lengthening (9 cm) and Severe Ballerina.(All Thanks to the Tendon Lengthening)

During the Lengthening Phase i wasn't able to Walk unaided without the Walker since my Lengthening was Quite fast (0.833 mm/Per Day) and I had Weak Quadriceps to Begin with , Moreover I developed severe Ballerina (6 cm) which made it very Difficult to Walk.

The Pain was Excruciating(Muscle,Nerve,Bone,Post Dural Puncture Headache) , Especially for the First Week after every Surgery but Considering the End Results it was all Worth it .

Dr Deepak and his Team were Great,and very Considerate.I had a very Candid Conversation with him about my Expenses since i was on a very Tight Budget.They Planned the Lengthening Process Right from the Start,So i could achieve my Goal without any Major Obstacles and any Unnecessary Expenses.He does not Prefer doing Cosmetic Procedures and the only reason he agreed to do mine was because He did not want me to get my Legs Broken by some Inexperienced Money Hungry Doctor.

FYI , The Total Cost was $6000 Approx(This Included the Initial Surgery to put the Monorail Fixator ,The Second Surgery to add Additional Pins and the Final Surgery to remove the Fixator , Insert the IM Nails and Lengthen the Tendon).I stayed in the Ward.It will go up by 30% to 50% Depending on which Room you want.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:12:10 PM by tolly »
Original Height - 174 cm (5'8.5")
Current Height - 183 cm (6'0")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3011.0

goodlucktomylegs

Re: LATIN with Dr Deepak Raina at Indian Spinal Injuries Center
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 12:48:47 PM »

Very good and incredible price
hope u enjoy ur new height

jinn169

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »

Congrats tolly :D

Even I am planning to go for LL on femur probably in feb-march.

Can you provide his contact information?

Also, how are you doing now?

tolly

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 05:23:28 PM »

@goodlucktomylegs  -  Thank You ! I certainly will.

@jinn169  -  Thank You ! I am about 80 % . I just can't jog,but hopefully if things go as planned i should recover fully within 2-3 months.
                 Contact Indian Spinal Injuries Center, they will fix up your appointment.       

Raj

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 10:01:37 AM »

Hey brother congrats on your success. I am really happy for you. I am 26, male ,Indian and I an only 5'1". It is very frustrating for me and my height is becoming a cause of depression in my life. I am from a middle class family and cant afford very expensive surgery but what you paid seems  affordable so i am looking forward for the surgery. Can you help me out by sharing your experiences? It would be really nice. Thanking you in advance.
Raj

tolly

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 04:07:58 AM »

@Raj  - I can understand you phase completely ! Set your priorities straight and then go ahead with it.Just remember there is no backing out once you go ahead with the surgery,Considering the Money and Time you Invest.

Its not about having a High Threshold for Pain , you really need to be Mentally Strong and most importantly you need the Support of your Family.I advice you to Stay with your Family through out the Lengthening Period otherwise your Expenses will go up Significantly and you need to take atleast 6 Months Break from Work.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:28:21 AM by tolly »

tolly

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 04:14:34 AM »

Private Message me If you want Doctor's number otherwise you can go Directly Through the Hospital.

Contact Information:
Website
http://www.isiconline.org/index.aspx
Address
Indian Spinal Injuries Centre
Sector C, Vasant Kunj,
Opp. Vasant Valley School,
New Delhi - 110070
For Doctor Appointments:
011 42255225 ext. 201 / 202
011 42255201 (Direct)
011 42255202 (Direct)
appointment@isiconline.org
info@isiconline.org
salesteam@isiconline.org

Tired

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 03:54:14 PM »

Hi Tolly,

It's been a while since your last update, how are you and your recovery coming along?

I was hoping you could share more of your experiences with the doctors at the Indian Spinal Injuries Center..

As someone who's also on a tight budget, the cost of the surgery at the center seems very affordable. You said you the surgery was $6000, could you break down those expenses (food, room, etc)?

Do the center perform other methods of lengthening? what made you decide on 9 cm with LATIN (if there's an altervative)?

How soon were you able to get back to "normal" life? Could you provide a brief timeline of sorts?

Do you have any tips/suggestions on what one should prepare for before surgery?

Can you PM me the doctor's number or email please?

I appreciate any help you could provide,

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »

Do you think you will ever be able to run again? What did the Dr. tell you about your bio mechanics? I assume your tibias are now longer than your femurs.
If, as you said he's not into cll, how did you persuade him to lengthen this much?

texasbruce

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 06:35:32 PM »

A littlte more details of your experience will be much grateful...

We don't see many LATN here after all

tolly

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 04:29:14 PM »

@Tired - I got the Surgery done during the last week of May 2015 ,  which was Inserting the Monorail Fixator and after a month or so ,I had another Surgery to add Additional Pins so that Pin bending does not take place and to keep a Check on the Alignment Obviously.In Mid Sept. I underwent the Final Surgery , which was Removal of the Fixator and Percutaneous Achilles Tendon Lengthening (They made 3 small Cuts on Tendon) along with the IM Nailing Surgery.

Back to your Question, You need to pay the cost of the each Surgery a Couple of days before it is scheduled.The first one cost me$3000  , the Second one $500 and the last one $3000. (Approx)

Its Cheap because I stayed in the General Ward ,if you stay in a Private Room cost can go up by 50%.I Recommend you Stay in a Private Room , Atleast you will have Privacy.

I told the Doctor to do any Method within my budget so that i could Reach my Target.It does not really matter if it is LATIN or LON , because at the end ,they are the Same Thing.I Suggest you go ahead with the Monorail Fixator , as it is Fully Weight Bearing. He can perform the surgery on Femur or Tibia its your Choice.Although Tibia is better as it is less Risky and you can Deal with Ballerina by Lengthening the Tendon.He can even Perform Internal Fixation as Long as you have that kind of Money.

I started walking properly by Nov. end.My initial target was 10 cm, but since i had Weak Quadriceps i settled for 9cm.

My Advice to you is make your Legs as Strong as Possible , especially the Quadriceps.Secondly if you want to go above 7cm ,Make sure you do Percutaneous Achilles Tendon Lengthening.It will Remove the issue of Ballerina Completel ,.No Matter how bad it is and Shorten your Recovery Substantial .Let me tell you ,This whole Process is very Painful Especially the Initial Pain after theTendon Lengthening and the knee pain after IM Nailing.
The Entire Process will drain you out Completely not just Mentally but Physically as well.I lost 8 kgs by the End.

I choose this Hospital , because its the only Hospital of its kind in India (Spine and Orthopedic Specialization) and they Recruit only the Best Doctors in India.

Will message you Doctors no.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:25:48 PM by tolly »

tolly

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »

@Alittletooshort - Yes , My tibia is Longer than my Femur , but so Far i have not had any Issue.I can Jog but have not tried Running , Infact, I am Finding it Easier now to do Weighted Squats .

I guess , He Knew I was going to get it done by Hook or by Crook form Elsewhere if he did not Agree to Perform my Surgery , So he said its Better that we do it for you Instead of Someone Inexperienced .

You just need to have the Ability to Convince.Thats all !
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:20:46 PM by tolly »

Dreamtaller

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 04:58:27 PM »

at what cm did u start getting ballerina?
do u have any misaliagnment as by fixing monorial  ??

tolly

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 05:01:07 PM »

@Dreamtaller - After 5 cm .No issue of Misalignment at any Stage.

Peaceout

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 06:17:29 AM »

Hey how are you doing?

TrueSpartan

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 06:48:52 AM »

This Diary seems very sketchy.

(approx. 2 weeks short of 4 months) - 108 days -lengthening of 9 cm - Keep in mind you do not length 7-10 days after surgery.

(108 + 14 days = 122 ) 4 month point - he is walking unaided.

lets say my calculations are off by 2 months, even then he should not be walking unaided at 6 month point.

This guy either has insane bone regeneration. Or the nail used in his LATN is very strong and reliable and you can start unaided walking 2 weeks after like he said. Or something is up.

Like the saying goes, if its too good to be true, its probably not! Would be nice if someone can confirm validity of this diary though.

tolly

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 09:53:48 AM »

@peaceout- Good ! Just a little pain here and their.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 02:37:30 PM »

I´d love to see a picture of you in underwear just to see how 9cm´s look proportionswise.

tolly

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 02:49:00 PM »

Alittletooshort- I have messaged the Admin (KiloKAHN), will Upload a Picture of the Device (Monorail Fixator).Proportion is absolutely fine.The Tibia is slightly longer than femur but quite hard to notice.

Infact , its improved my Athletic Performance, but still have a little issue while Jogging and Jumping.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:12:01 PM by tolly »

Moubgf

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 03:30:00 AM »

Can we have more info regarding this place?

tolly

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 03:36:07 AM »

Slim_tim- Anything specific you want to know ?

Contact Information:
Website
Address
Sector C, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi - 110070
For Doctor Appointments:
011 42255201 (Direct)
011 42255202 (Direct)
info@isiconline.org
salesteam@isiconline.org

Moubgf

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 03:54:19 AM »

Slim_tim- Anything specific you want to know ?

Contact Information:
Website
Address
Sector C, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi - 110070
For Doctor Appointments:
011 42255201 (Direct)
011 42255202 (Direct)
info@isiconline.org
salesteam@isiconline.org

Yes, why is it so cheap and why have we never heard of this place before?. Also i would like pictures of people who had done LON or LATIN with the doctors there. "Some Proof"

tolly

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 04:37:44 AM »

Slim_tim - I have no idea about past patients.I went there for my surgery and am sharing my Experience.Fyi, this along with AIIMS are the the most well know Govt. Funded hospitals with this one having specialization in Orthopedics and Spine.Indian Spinal Injuries Center  was partially Funded by Govt.initially and Partially by FDI.

Its cheap because , as i have mentioned several times, i stayed in the General Ward.If you stay in a Private Room, your cost will surely go up by 50% but its worth it after you look at the rooms.

The Reason Majority of you, have not heard of this place is becuse you all have a habit of going to Doctors who are only concerned with money & love to Ripe of patients especially Foreigners.

As, I have mentioned before, Dr Deepak & his team dont  prefer to perform Cosmetic Surgery , you might have to sound really convincing for him to agree.

"The only Reason, I am sharing my Experience , is because i Reached 9cm Against all Odds.(Budget, Time,Pain) even though Several People Discouraged me from doing 9cm."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:46:50 AM by tolly »

Moubgf

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 07:16:15 PM »

Slim_tim - I have no idea about past patients.I went there for my surgery and am sharing my Experience.Fyi, this along with AIIMS are the the most well know Govt. Funded hospitals with this one having specialization in Orthopedics and Spine.Indian Spinal Injuries Center  was partially Funded by Govt.initially and Partially by FDI.

Its cheap because , as i have mentioned several times, i stayed in the General Ward.If you stay in a Private Room, your cost will surely go up by 50% but its worth it after you look at the rooms.

The Reason Majority of you, have not heard of this place is becuse you all have a habit of going to Doctors who are only concerned with money & love to Ripe of patients especially Foreigners.

As, I have mentioned before, Dr Deepak & his team dont  prefer to perform Cosmetic Surgery , you might have to sound really convincing for him to agree.

"The only Reason, I am sharing my Experience , is because i Reached 9cm Against all Odds.(Budget, Time,Pain) even though Several People Discouraged me from doing 9cm."

Either Dr deepak is using google translate. Or your honest. I'll linger in the shadows in the meanwhile......

tolly

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2016, 01:00:12 AM »

Slim_tim- Believe what you want.I honestly dont care, I have reached my goal. Enjoying my height !
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:54:04 AM by tolly »

TrueSpartan

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2016, 01:09:53 AM »

Hey Tolly,

could you please provide proof, x ray, picture of your legs etc. As well could you provide us with a time line of your journey with dates.

tolly

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 01:29:12 AM »

Will upload the Pictures , but this will be the last time , i Justify Myself !
I Expect a Apology from TrueSpartan & Slim_tim

http://www.imageno.com/43ymxrglg0ahpic.html
http://www.imageno.com/c5f41ntlodwnpic.html
(IM Nailing & Percutaneous Achilles Tendon Lengthening)(Mid Sep)

http://www.imageno.com/1tlggd671uuopic.html
(Additional Pins) ( Early July Approx)

http://www.imageno.com/iyiv9jd1dj46pic.html
(While Sitting)

http://www.imageno.com/ze1in2m8j2a4pic.html
(After 1st Surgery) (May End )

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 02:42:35 AM by tolly »

AimHigh

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 02:53:15 AM »

Great Pics - Thanks Tolly,
I wonder is LOP (Lengthen over plate) an options with Dr Raina ?.
All the Best.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

tolly

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 03:43:54 AM »

AimHigh- No idea, but he prefers Nailing over Plating as there is very little chance of breakdown due to bodyweight.It all depends on your rate of Bone Regeneration.

Besides , he prefers LATIN over LON and Monorail over Ilizarov or any other Fixator.
In LATIN, However he might consider Plating over Nailing if you have had many Pin site Infections.Nailing actually exposes the deep bone to bacteria's.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 04:23:02 AM by tolly »

TrueSpartan

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 12:08:59 AM »

Thank you for providing some picture proof tolly. I apologize if it seems I have offended you. That was not my intention. I am happy you have introduced a diary of a new doctor to this forum and this kind of information is invaluable to all of us future LLers.

However I have to admit i am still not convinced and I will just keep my opinion to myself. From tons of diaries I have read, It is very rare  see a person who does 5cm and walk unaided after 4 Months even with the nail. Maybe on crutches but not unaided lIke you. Someone who does 9 cm and unaided after 4 Months is unheard of. 9 cm will take 14.5 to 18 months for bone consolidation. I seriously don't understand how you have been walking or jogging unassisted without consolidated bone. Anyways I will keep my opinion to myself and this will be my last post here.

Peaceout

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »

Hey man thans for pics.If its not too much can you post a picture of your whole body?Im wondering how proportions look after 9 cm.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up