Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you have any other serios surgeries and how does it compare ?  (Read 1287 times)

aspirant185

To the folks out here who had LL as well as another serious surgery, can u compare and say how much more serious was LL in terms of pain, recovery time etc ?

I had back in 2013 a corneal transplantation in my left eye. I had a condtition called Keratoconus and I could not see with glasses; only with rigid lenses that were very painful and could not be tolerated for more than a few hours per day. Recovery was quick to the extent to which I went home on my own after the surgery and didnt have any pain 6-7 days later. I could fully use and see with my operated eye 10 months later. The surgery was so successful that right now, with an ordinary pair of glasses, I can basically see perfect and I can see better than some people with regular eye conditions such as myopia. I had the surgery with the best doctor in the world (located in Los Angeles) . basically the eye equivellent of Dr. Paley :)  It cost only $15k though (22k with hotels and flights)

The surgery gave me strength and I am confident I can easily face LL now.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

DoingItForMe

Re: Did you have any other serios surgeries and how does it compare ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 07:30:12 PM »

Easily face LL? No, I don't think you fully grasp how painful LL is. Try having someone beat your legs with a baseball bat for two weeks. Then maybe you will get close to what it feels like. Followed by mental torture from not being able to walk for half a year.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

aspirant185

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 10:40:50 PM »

Werent people saying that usually with DR. Guichet patients walk the very next day  ? :)
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Alu

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 10:48:33 PM »

That doesn't mean all people can or will do that good. It also doesn't mean they don't experience sharp pains.

I feel like the only real experience with pain of LL would be if you have broken a bone before; that initially pain would probably come close to it, but then again LL takes weeks to complete.
Pages: [1]   Go Up