Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compendium of Outcomes  (Read 36511 times)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Compendium of Outcomes
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2018, 11:45:23 PM »

Moderators, this is serious. Neither are you commenting neither taking action on the above points. This is like you are playing with the lives of future LLers by making them unable to make the most out of the information posted here. Please comment(and if possible take actions or tell why the following is not possible):
-upgradation of the form as provided by OYG
-why spreadsheet kind of data of of former and current LLers can't be uploaded.
-why are you not commenting on any suggestions to improve the forum?
-are their any financial or technical constraints? If yes please share with us so that we can crowdsource the solutions for the same.
Hoping to get a fast reply this time.

The site admin/owner is the only one who can make any forum upgrades. That's outside the realm of moderator capabilities.

Aside from that, if you can't take the time to search the forums for answers to your questions or look through a patient experience in enough detail for yourself, then maybe you shouldn't be jumping into cosmetic lengthening in the first place.
Surgery performed by Dr Mangal Parihar at Mangal Anand Center for Limb Lengthening & Reconstruction. http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=634.0
Pre-surgery height:  164 cm (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Post-surgery height: 170 cm (Frames removed 6/29/2015)

totallyred

« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2018, 12:49:11 PM »

The site admin/owner is the only one who can make any forum upgrades. That's outside the realm of moderator capabilities.

Aside from that, if you can't take the time to search the forums for answers to your questions or look through a patient experience in enough detail for yourself, then maybe you shouldn't be jumping into cosmetic lengthening in the first place.

Yes, then ask admin/owner to do the same.
Also if a minor change can bring positive change to lives of millions of users, don't you think it should be taken up? I can very well search and dig the data, but if the data is put in a more accessible/ readable format shouldn't it save my time/energy which I can put to another good uses?

hotty

« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2018, 07:33:31 PM »

Yes, then ask admin/owner to do the same.
Also if a minor change can bring positive change to lives of millions of users, don't you think it should be taken up? I can very well search and dig the data, but if the data is put in a more accessible/ readable format shouldn't it save my time/energy which I can put to another good uses?

Nobody owes you anything. If you want, start your own forum. At least be polite if you asking for help from someone.

No one cares about your time. If you want to make good use of your time, go earn money and go to a good LL doctor.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Admin, come out!
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2018, 08:42:43 AM »

I'd agree with that. However, there's so much irrelevant information in this forum, that a new LL candidate just doesn't need to go through. And this forum doesn't allow updating posts older than a few hours, which forces EVERY SINGLE READER to pointlessly go through an entire thread, when the OP would be perfectly willing to volunteer updating the first post with the summary of the topic. (I know I would).

Admin, I understand you no longer care about LL (I'm far less often on here now that I'm done with it, than before), but please realize that once you've created this forum for people to share their journeys and questions, you do have a moral responsibility to them. It's fine if you want to step away, but please enable others to carry the torch.

Nobody owes you anything. If you want, start your own forum. At least be polite if you asking for help from someone.

I offered to upgrade the forum (see my post above), because I've done this before, and I have the knowledge, will and means to keep a forum up to date indefinitely. But my hands are tied without the collaboration of whoever is administrating this forum.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:48:01 AM by OverrideYourGenetics »
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

totallyred

Re: Admin, come out!
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2018, 10:01:40 AM »

I'd agree with that. However, there's so much irrelevant information in this forum, that a new LL candidate just doesn't need to go through. And this forum doesn't allow updating posts older than a few hours, which forces EVERY SINGLE READER to pointlessly go through an entire thread, when the OP would be perfectly willing to volunteer updating the first post with the summary of the topic. (I know I would). So yea, f*** you admin for starting this and dropping the ball.

I offered to upgrade the forum (see my post above), because I've done this before, and I have the knowledge, will and means to keep a forum up to date indefinitely. But my hands are tied without the collaboration of whoever is administrating this forum.

Yup, if someone is an admin, he should be providing ways to improve, facilitate the improvement by working in collaboration with the ones who are willing to do it, rather than saying go fk yourself and create a new forum. Why are you admin then, don't you think with power comes responsibility?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up