Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Puberty and male adult voice  (Read 707 times)

IwannaBeTaller

Puberty and male adult voice
« on: January 22, 2016, 10:45:18 AM »

Hello. With all the talk and speculation about growth stunting during puberty because of an "imperfect" lifestyle, which normally means imperfect nutrition or not enough sleep, which is often talked about here, I wondered something else. Can this imperfect lifestyle affect your adult voice? Quite often I notice that while my dad, now in his late fifties, has a quite deep and "strong" voice, while mine is, well, not a "girl's voice", but certainly quite higher and kind of less "masculine". So I wondered if this could have to do with the lifestyle you live during your growth phase? Can imperfect diet, imperfect sleep and imperfect exercise during puberty not only affect your final height but also your adult voice, or is this aspect rather purely dependent on genetics?
I know that I only wanna be taller,
As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

Angry semi-short man

TIBIKE200

Re: Puberty and male adult voice
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 11:06:50 AM »

Hello. With all the talk and speculation about growth stunting during puberty because of an "imperfect" lifestyle, which normally means imperfect nutrition or not enough sleep, which is often talked about here, I wondered something else. Can this imperfect lifestyle affect your adult voice? Quite often I notice that while my dad, now in his late fifties, has a quite deep and "strong" voice, while mine is, well, not a "girl's voice", but certainly quite higher and kind of less "masculine". So I wondered if this could have to do with the lifestyle you live during your growth phase? Can imperfect diet, imperfect sleep and imperfect exercise during puberty not only affect your final height but also your adult voice, or is this aspect rather purely dependent on genetics?

Voice has to do with testosterone. Testosterone is known to accelerate the growth plates maturation... If you have low testosterone (and therefore a high estrogen/testosterone ratio) you should have had reached a highier final height. Also, testosterone according to medical literature is responsible for the length of your torso (this is why men with kleineftler syndrome are known to have really long limbs compared to their torso).
  Sleep does not affect testosterone levels... Exercise and nutrition, only to a certain extent
I learned some stuff during this time

ouroboros

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 01:57:13 AM »

Sleep does not affect testosterone levels...

I was under the impression that sleep did increase your testosterone levels..... How else would you explain morning wood?  ;)

Deads

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 06:42:05 AM »

I was under the impression that sleep did increase your testosterone levels..... How else would you explain morning wood?  ;)

Testosterone levels are at their highest in the morning when you first wake up..... I know that sleep induces HGH release, but haven't researched the effect that sleep has on testosterone.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 05:35:41 PM »

Voice has to do with testosterone. Testosterone is known to accelerate the growth plates maturation... If you have low testosterone (and therefore a high estrogen/testosterone ratio) you should have had reached a highier final height. Also, testosterone according to medical literature is responsible for the length of your torso (this is why men with kleineftler syndrome are known to have really long limbs compared to their torso).
  Sleep does not affect testosterone levels... Exercise and nutrition, only to a certain extent

So is that a yes or no to my initial question? Would my voice be lower if I had had better nutrition, done more sports, etc. in my teenage years?

Angry semi-short man

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 07:39:19 PM »

So is that a yes or no to my initial question? Would my voice be lower if I had had better nutrition, done more sports, etc. in my teenage years?

Not to my knowledge... I was a couch potatoe during my teenage years yet I have a baritone voice
I learned some stuff during this time

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 08:48:21 PM »

Voice has to do with testosterone. Testosterone is known to accelerate the growth plates maturation... If you have low testosterone (and therefore a high estrogen/testosterone ratio) you should have had reached a highier final height.

Another question, if this is the case, why are men taller than women? Men after all have much higher testosterone levels then women, so their growth plates should close faster than women's?

Angry semi-short man
Pages: [1]   Go Up