Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't make the mistake of telling your friends about LL  (Read 11453 times)

aspirant185

Don't make the mistake of telling your friends about LL
« on: January 24, 2016, 01:45:16 PM »

So I told a couple of my closest friends that I am considering a surgery to become 4-5 cm taller and their first reaction was like : OMG, there is such thing...then I explained what is the procedure like and they absolutely freaked out, told me that I have mental issues  (this comes from two guys, one is 181 the other said he never though and care about his height but he was around 172, shorter than me). A couple of days later, a third guy (below 170)  messaged me on FB, asking if it was true that I will pay 15 000 euro to have my legs broken and suggested he will do it for 1 000 only and started laughing.
I later on messaged one other girl that I used to be friends with benefits with and I started casually then I told her something along the lines of - you know what, I met a guy today that told me he had surgery to become taller and when I explained what it was like she also freaked out and said that the world is full of crazy people :D
So, I was wondering, are we really as crazy as people think or we are sort of perfectionists that the other simply cannot understand ?
I would understand if tall guys make fun of me that I am doing LL but when significantly shorter guys than me react the same way, is it then a potential eye opener ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

TIBIKE200

Re: Don't do the mistake of telling your friends about LL
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 01:53:31 PM »

So I told a couple of my closest friends that I am considering a surgery to become 4-5 cm taller and their first reaction was like : OMG, there is such thing...then I explained what is the procedure like and they absolutely freaked out, told me that I have mental issues  (this comes from two guys, one is 181 the other said he never though and care about his height but he was around 172, shorter than me). A couple of days later, a third guy (below 170)  messaged me on FB, asking if it was true that I will pay 15 000 euro to have my legs broken and suggested he will do it for 1 000 only and started laughing.
I later on messaged one other girl that I used to be friends with benefits with and I started casually then I told her something along the lines of - you know what, I met a guy today that told me he had surgery to become taller and when I explained what it was like she also freaked out and said that the world is full of crazy people :D
So, I was wondering, are we really as crazy as people think or we are sort of perfectionists that the other simply cannot understand ?
I would understand if tall guys make fun of me that I am doing LL but when significantly shorter guys than me react the same way, is it then a potential eye opener ?

I believe that someone at your height who is considering such a precedure is not a perfectionist but rather a narcissist... It's the will to be "perfect". Frankly, I think that for people such as you, this should indeed be an "eye opener" and make you understand that it is deeply wrong to do such a procedure in order to be "perfect"... And btw, perfection does not exist
I learned some stuff during this time

aspirant185

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 02:00:10 PM »

I need to update my profile. I have always believed, prior to really started researching about LL, that I am 178, based on the accounts of my GP, but I went to another place and I asked now to be measured really professionally and they told me I am 175 (afternoon height, with socks only, no shoes).
I think in that situation the surgery makes sense. I would go from being slightly below average to being slightly above average,  moving from around 40th percentile to around 60-65th percentile.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 02:28:32 PM »

I need to update my profile. I have always believed, prior to really started researching about LL, that I am 178, based on the accounts of my GP, but I went to another place and I asked now to be measured really professionally and they told me I am 175 (afternoon height, with socks only, no shoes).
I think in that situation the surgery makes sense. I would go from being slightly below average to being slightly above average,  moving from around 40th percentile to around 60-65th percentile.
See it this way... It means that the people you thought are 3cm highier than you (the 181 guys) are actually 178 guys... It didnt change anything. You are still the same height... Just with a different number.

aspirant185

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »

See it this way... It means that the people you thought are 3cm highier than you (the 181 guys) are actually 178 guys... It didnt change anything. You are still the same height... Just with a different number.

Regardless of my personal height, whether 178 or 175, 168 or 165, the response would have been absolutely the same so I urge people to keep it secret, even from parents unless you rely for financial assistance from them, as I do.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Deads

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 03:57:33 PM »

Regardless of my personal height, whether 178 or 175, 168 or 165, the response would have been absolutely the same so I urge people to keep it secret, even from parents unless you rely for financial assistance from them, as I do.

Don't be a little wuss.. Who cares what people think. If you want to do something, then do it loud and proud.

FYI you're 0.5cm off of being average height.. I think you're crazy too.. If I was an average height, I would have never even searched for ways to be taller on Google and would never have been exposed to this forum as a result.... My question for you is; (and this goes for all the 5"9 guys and above) what made you feel like you had to be taller when you aren't considered short? In my eyes you must feel inferior in some other way and this is your way of compensating for it.. E.g. Lack of confidence, not feeling attractive or good enough around the opposite sex, poor social skills.... OR you just like the idea of being 4-5cm taller. The prospect excites you regardless of whether you need it or not........ You aren't short, so you can see why people would assume that you're crazy.... It's crazy for a short guy to do this.... But people understand if you're short.. If you're not short, it's just pure crazy. So dont casually expect people to have any other reaction.

Want More

Re: Don't make the mistake of telling your friends about LL
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 08:40:36 PM »

Realy don't tell anyone about this. I sad to my mother and my dad,they make jokes about that for whole month. I couldn't even imagine how i would feel when would my friends know that i am thinking about this surgery.
I need only 5cm.

Knik

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 08:47:25 PM »

I do not really understand the taboo about it. From an ethical point of view, this is not to deny his identity as a sex change or not worst either that false breasts or rhinoplasty.
I think it's because for the moment it is a little known operation that scares a little, but there is no small that a person wants to do. After there will be excesses, bad doctors or people who want 1.80m to 2m
Looking for Pili

aspirant185

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 09:36:34 PM »

The problem stems from the idea that if one decides to do that, he is perceived to lack confidence and have complexes about his self. In some occasion, like mine, people think I am a narcissist. The problem is further aggravated when people realize how much pain you go through with this , hence, the lack of confidence and associated complexes are even more serious. That is why it is best to keep that secret. I will tell ppl if they ask where I am that I need to have a knee surgery and it will take me 4-5-6 months to recover and will give example how soccer star recover the whole season.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

acedprtgs

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 07:18:26 AM »

Growing up I was a tall kid and when anybody came to me asking about height... I was always like who cares... Even now, I have awkwardly longer arms and 3 inches gain would make me look more natural.. so when I read about people considering arm lengthening.. I always laugh at them.. you know why ?? because I don't have the insecurities of having short arms after ll or small torso...
When I told my dad (5'11'') about ll.. he couldn't understand.. why ?? so then I asked him to bend his knees, to get the same height as me (5'6'') and walk around.. my torso and wingspan is pretty much same as him.. so that gave him a good idea of how I feel everyday.. and Now my father is the biggest supporter with my ll..
ps - do not tell your friends about ll.. It doesn't matter how close you are with them... family is still family.. even if you get in a fight with your father or brother.. they won't go behind your back telling other people about your ll..

Penguinn

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »

I told my good friends about it and they were all cool about it. But that's it, only 5 of my closest friends will know about this.

PatientZero

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 03:58:01 PM »

I have told about 10 friends, we are from a large city in the US. Everyone is educated and open minded, most are opposed to it but support me. These are friends I want to keep and hang out with when I am finished with LL.

I think it is also the method that you choose.. telling friends that you have some cool internal nails is going to go down a lot easier than an external frame you keep on for a year.

My friends know and I don't carry the same burden as those doing it in this forum. I don't need to hide it from anyone or start a new life.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

texasbruce

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 05:07:46 PM »

Agreed. If you live in a big city, no harm to tell your friends about it. Worst case is find new friends, which is quite common for big city life... But if you live in small town, I would not tell anyone. It spreads fast in those places, with gossip jobless housewives...

TIBIKE200

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 07:19:23 PM »

Me and my mom are just going to tell everyone I was ran over by a car during my vacation in the city which I would do the operation. It's also funny and very convincing.

Penguinn

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 07:47:47 PM »

Me and my mom are just going to tell everyone I was ran over by a car during my vacation in the city which I would do the operation. It's also funny and very convincing.

How is that funny lmao

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 07:59:16 PM »

How is that funny lmao

Jewish sense of humor... Very dark

PatientZero

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 08:00:15 PM »

How is that funny lmao

Funny cuz so silly it made you laugh. Also don't forget to mention the bones broke at exactly the same spot on both legs and naturally healed to be several cm longer.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 08:17:51 PM »

Funny cuz so silly it made you laugh. Also don't forget to mention the bones broke at exactly the same spot on both legs and naturally healed to be several cm longer.

For the change is height, I am going to use the Yoga and Pilates. It's so silly that its funny

noname

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 10:59:18 PM »

Telling your friends about doesn't have to be necessarily bad. I told a lot of people about it and nobody made fun of me because I wasn't insecure or embarrassed about it. People will only tease you with it if they smell that you're insecure about it. If anybody ever makes a bad comment about it then it's because you allowed them to do it

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 11:29:52 PM »

Don't tell your friends other patients. In the past I was banned for revealing personal information of people. I'm not doing that anymore cause you already know I'm telling the truth. I just wanted to prove I knew what I was talking about. Dont tell other people cause that could happen to you.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Cheez

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 07:42:05 PM »

Would only tell three of my best friends about this...

Other people will only talk bad things about you...

TrueSpartan

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 09:04:54 PM »

Trusting people with this kind of secret is a ticking time bomb that can really catch you off guard when you least expect it. Keep your secrets to yourself. Why hand others this power over you.

Rlover

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 11:40:01 PM »

aspirant185 where did or will you do it for only 15 000?

aspirant185

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 05:24:51 AM »

I will do it with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia. He charges 9 300 euro for the surgery and there will be 3-4 more for living expenses.

Anyway, going back on topic, a few days ago I was in an argument with a ''friend'' that i had told about LL plans and he said - you will only be yourself, no matter if u break or legs, arms or head on purpose or if you change your sex, there is no escaping from who you really are.

People will use that against you at any time. Don't share it with them :) It just rirsks outweigh dramatically potential benefits.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

paddy10tellys

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 09:10:37 AM »

Thx for the heads up, Aspirant. I've been worrying about this issue as well. I oscillate between wanting to be completely open to being completely anonymous. After lurking here for a while I'm going with the latter because I don't want the hassle of ridicule from incredulous knob-ends. Why make oneself a target? Having said that, I read a Ghandi quotation which goes something like, "You can't control what people say about you but just how you react to it" - hard act to follow though. Also, if the surgery fails or permanent damage occurs the naysayers have much more ammunition to hurt you with.
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

onemorefoot

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 05:46:38 AM »

People inside feel envy
Budget will determine my future.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2016, 01:17:31 PM »

I made the mistake of involving my father regarding this procedure. Hey went ahead and told my brothers ex girlfriend who is a fking drunk and drug using piece of excrement. She then told my mum he had told her i seriously doubt she will keep something like this secret. Ive had to concoct a story regarding a limb discrepancy length which i was going to get info on but i ultimately avoided it.

Needles to say i have disowned my father regarding this which by all things considered i think is rather generous as i was toying with the idea of cutting out his tongue and taking his knee caps off.

Im lying here after surgery i feel as if a Tiger tank is sitting on my lower limbs

Penguinn

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2016, 02:02:24 PM »

Needles to say i have disowned my father regarding this which by all things considered i think is rather generous as i was toying with the idea of cutting out his tongue and taking his knee caps off.

That's a bit too far but yeah, people REALLY need to learn how to respect other people's privacy.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 01:28:05 AM »

Had he not have been my dad i would seriously have considered it. I was furious (still am tbh). The stupidity of thinking this was acceptable not only to share but to share with a fkn drunk drug using idiot is beyond any reasonable logic.

People are just untrustworthy c£nts!!!! And something like this is just far too difficult for people to keep quiet about because its just so out there and almost unique

gokharol

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 07:05:45 PM »

So I told a couple of my closest friends that I am considering a surgery to become 4-5 cm taller and their first reaction was like : OMG, there is such thing...then I explained what is the procedure like and they absolutely freaked out, told me that I have mental issues . ......
I first heard about LL on TV news, fortunate midgets getting a way to be taller. But also average height people looking to be taller and I thought just as bad of them.

Honestly, however, I've been thinking about it to this day and I believe, crazy or not, all of us who desire this method of growth are brave enough to overcome the conservative ways of weak minded people. Who in this world has revolutionized our ways of living acting accordingly to the rules of the majority?
I think we are just "one of them", them who have exterior complexions. It could be some other body features but we got this.
There are short people who can do it with more effort, more self-confidence, but I guess we just don't have these without LL.

Speaking for one, I don't care to be called crazy, it makes me different. That's not even mutilation or something, not a crime to other people. We're strong enough to deal with it in a way average people are not...  Someone said the worse that can happen is you have to find new friends, I agree with this and also don't tell your current friends. :-X

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2016, 07:32:53 PM »

Speaking for one, I don't care to be called crazy, it makes me different. That's not even mutilation or something, not a crime to other people. We're strong enough to deal with it in a way average people are not...  Someone said the worse that can happen is you have to find new friends, I agree with this and also don't tell your current friends. :-X

I think it's also important to consider the question "Am I strong enough to deal with the side-effects and complications that can come with CLL?", which can range from smaller things like random muscle aches and bone pain in cold weather/rain, and scar sensitivity, to larger things like being unable to run again (i.e. Greekster) or needing multiple additional surgeries to just move around normally. If such events happen, then you'll also have to consider the possibility of losing your job, etc.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up