Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't make the mistake of telling your friends about LL  (Read 11450 times)

gokharol

Re: Don't make the mistake of telling your friends about LL
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2016, 07:05:45 PM »

So I told a couple of my closest friends that I am considering a surgery to become 4-5 cm taller and their first reaction was like : OMG, there is such thing...then I explained what is the procedure like and they absolutely freaked out, told me that I have mental issues . ......
So, I was wondering, are we really as crazy as people think or we are sort of perfectionists that the other simply cannot understand ?
I would understand if tall guys make fun of me that I am doing LL but when significantly shorter guys than me react the same way, is it then a potential eye opener ?
I first heard about LL on TV news, fortunate midgets getting a way to be taller. But also average height people looking to be taller and I thought just as bad of them.

Honestly, however, I've been thinking about it to this day and I believe, crazy or not, all of us who desire this method of growth are brave enough to overcome the conservative ways of weak minded people. Who in this world has revolutionized our ways of living acting accordingly to the rules of the majority?
I think we are just "one of them", them who have exterior complexions. It could be some other body features but we got this.
There are short people who can do it with more effort, more self-confidence, but I guess we just don't have these without LL.

Speaking for one, I don't care to be called crazy, it makes me different. That's not even mutilation or something, not a crime to other people. We're strong enough to deal with it in a way average people are not...  Someone said the worse that can happen is you have to find new friends, I agree with this and also don't tell your current friends. :-X

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 07:32:53 PM »

Speaking for one, I don't care to be called crazy, it makes me different. That's not even mutilation or something, not a crime to other people. We're strong enough to deal with it in a way average people are not...  Someone said the worse that can happen is you have to find new friends, I agree with this and also don't tell your current friends. :-X

I think it's also important to consider the question "Am I strong enough to deal with the side-effects and complications that can come with CLL?", which can range from smaller things like random muscle aches and bone pain in cold weather/rain, and scar sensitivity, to larger things like being unable to run again (i.e. Greekster) or needing multiple additional surgeries to just move around normally. If such events happen, then you'll also have to consider the possibility of losing your job, etc.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 08:42:51 PM »

Kilokahn is right. This surgery has side effects. I wouldn't do it if I were average. Some people have died too and some people won't be able to walk again. MM the worst case in LL history has had 10 surgeries from 2014. She can't walk and she has lost her job and she has ugly scars so she's tall but she can't model. The teenage boy he won't be a sportsplayers anymore and has very bad scars too. Other guys have lost their spouses for long recovery period. LL done by unprofessional doctors brings disaster in personal and professional life for everybody
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

onemorefoot

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2016, 12:11:04 AM »

This surgery can be for whoever: short, tall and average, the risks are the same;but being at an average or even tall  height this surgery becomes more unnecessary like you say Lluser1.

Budget will determine my future.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2016, 10:59:37 PM »

MIC people told me you lost your job. Don't lie
I haven't blackmailed anybody. Don't lie.
The teenage guy was complaining about nerve issues and scars. Don't lie.
Stockholm isn't only for kidnapping. You have Stockholm because you keep defending this man every time he asks. You don't contribute to this forum. You only defend this man with a sandcastle of lies. Don't lie.
You are the worst case in LL history. No death or amputation (at this moment) but you have had iatrogenic fractures, pseudoarthrosis and non union, multiple misalignments, multiple malfunction of implants, nerve issues, 2 years wheelchair bounded. In my opinion that wouldn't have happened with an experienced surgeon. Other patients have problems too but not as important as yours. You will have permanent sequels you know. I told you to visit other doctor but you didn't want to listen. Your choice.
I am defending Guichet because he got a problem and he knew how to fix it, not like this man in Spain, but I support you both , Unicorn and you.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2016, 11:57:14 PM »

This surgery can be for whoever: short, tall and average, the risks are the same;but being at an average or even tall  height this surgery becomes more unnecessary like you say Lluser1.

The health, time and money sacrifices imho are just not worth it when you are average. If you struggle on a path to love yourself visit a shrink, you need to anyway if you plan to go for the surgery. Even for short people LL is a last resort.

When i talked with my orthodoc he basically told me that if there would exist less invasive way of adding height he would help me with my short stature but it's just way too risky.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2016, 06:49:38 PM »

The health, time and money sacrifices imho are just not worth it when you are average. If you struggle on a path to love yourself visit a shrink, you need to anyway if you plan to go for the surgery. Even for short people LL is a last resort.

When i talked with my orthodoc he basically told me that if there would exist less invasive way of adding height he would help me with my short stature but it's just way too risky.

+1000

Morissette

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2016, 08:02:24 PM »

Only two of my friends know both of whom didn't judge and were weirdly excited for me. One in particular I would trust with my life but it still took me a few months before I told him. I wouldn't tell all my friends though as I know some of them would go off telling others or wouldn't understand. My parents also know they had some trouble with it at first my dad in particular but warmed up to the idea as it went along. He also come with me to India to meet my Dr and stayed for the 1st week post surgery.

And I agree if I was average height I would have never googled ways to become taller and I would have never known about this surgery. Although I would t bash on someone average who wants to do it to each their own they have just as much right to do the surgery as anyone else.

Lgazer

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2016, 11:35:48 PM »

Stockholm syndrome is not only about kidnapping. Lluser has reason about Stockholm. Nobody would defend a guy who has broken his legs in a very bad way and stolen the best years of his life.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up