Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need opinions on getting either 6.5 CM or 8 CM in femurs.  (Read 990 times)

ldtaller

• Visitor

I was originally going to get 8 CM no matter what, but I keep reading things that this is too much disproportion. Ive seen pictures of 6.5 CM in femurs I feel it looks good. I just want to know if people look good after they get 8 CM in femurs.

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
Re: I need opinions on getting either 6.5 CM or 8 CM in femurs.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 06:35:45 PM »

It really depends on your starting height. Typically you should aim for 7cm max in femurs.

Great321

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 06:36:48 PM »

This depends on how long/short your femurs were initially compared to your tibias (ratio). Someone whose femurs were already short will look differently/better than someone who had longer femurs before.

In 2-3 old diaries I read that they wish they had stopped lengthening before 8cm.

Some doctors will tell you that you can do 10cm even just to lure you and get your money. But doctors with ethics will recommend a certain limit after having examined your body. 

Activatedx

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 10:48:32 PM »

This depends on how long/short your femurs were initially compared to your tibias (ratio). Someone whose femurs were already short will look differently/better than someone who had longer femurs before.

In 2-3 old diaries I read that they wish they had stopped lengthening before 8cm.

Some doctors will tell you that you can do 10cm even just to lure you and get your money. But doctors with ethics will recommend a certain limit after having examined your body.

That was before stryde and precice 2 came out

8cm with stryde is fine
You can even go up to 10 but there is a risk of complication and it would probably affect your athletic ability.  8cm is the Max safe limit, anything after that you will likely develop complication. You can fully weight bear with stryde it will speed up recovery and lower complication rate, not to say everyone can get 8cm but the average short male should be able to. 1.5cm is not going to change your proportions, if you’re already lengthening your femur that last 3/4 an inch is not going to make a difference.

Great321

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 11:37:19 PM »

The diaries I read were about patients who did 8cm with Precise 2. 8cm was possible in their cases. But they weren't very pleased with their proportions afterwards. In one case the girl he was with even mentioned his femur size when they were nked. (or maxbe she said  that sth looks odd, can't remember anymore)

You might want to be able to go swimming without feeling akward in your shorts.

Activatedx

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 11:44:32 PM »

The diaries I read were about patients who did 8cm with Precise 2. 8cm was possible in their cases. But they weren't very pleased with their proportions afterwards. In one case the girl he was with even mentioned his femur size when they were nked. (or maxbe she said  that sth looks odd, can't remember anymore)

You might want to be able to go swimming without feeling akward in your shorts.

It would still look kinda weird at 6.5cm.

That 1.5cm isn’t going to be the camel that breaks the camels back. If you’re spending that amount of money might as well get as much as you SAFELY can

Depends on the person some people like me have long Tibias and short femurs. My femurs look the same length as my tibias more or less (I’m sure an X-ray would prove wrong)

Anyways you’re right but to be honest some people it wouldn’t matter, like me I never wear shorts (always jeans) and rarely go swimming because I don’t want my tattoos to fade from the sun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up