Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Money  (Read 2217 times)

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
Money
« on: April 28, 2019, 06:11:45 PM »

Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker on this forum but I've recently decided I'd like some advice on money.

I'm absolutely desperate for this surgery but going to a reputable doctor costs so much money which has left me feeling more dejected than ever. I'm a second year university student so obtaining $100K seems like an insurmountable challenge right now.

I really want to get this surgery as soon ad possible to get the most out of my youth. It's not even about relationships for me but simply doing normal things in life such as going to a night club without being judged or going to gym without people telling me I'm compensating. I even have to be conscious of the shoes I buy as buying a pair with too big a heel results in the typical 'he's insecure' comments.

I would like to know ways of making money quickly. I believe once I get the ball rolling my height neurosis will subside a lot.

Thanks for any advice guys ☺

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram
Re: Money
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 06:15:36 PM »

Become  a Drug-dealer...
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 06:22:36 PM »

Dude you're already of good height... My height neurosis has gotten to the point where humour doesn't help.Literally every aspect of my life is judged on my height. Even getting a first in the first year of university was downplayed by most as people told me I was compensating.

Although if you've got work for me... Lol

InFullStryde

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 06:25:48 PM »

Hi Apoplectic!

You should consider pulling out a loan.  Work 2 jobs if you have to and save up for a good sized down payment. You'll probably want to put at least $30,000 down if you are planning on using one of the United States doctors.

How tall are you?
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 06:28:19 PM »

I'm 5ft 4 ot just over at 20 years old.
I'm not sure how I'd pull out a loan as my family is poor and I live in the UK.
I could try working a job however I'm doing a physics/engineering degree so making time would be an enormous issue

Knik

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 06:37:49 PM »

Dude you're already of good height... My height neurosis has gotten to the point where humour doesn't help.Literally every aspect of my life is judged on my height. Even getting a first in the first year of university was downplayed by most as people told me I was compensating.

Although if you've got work for me... Lol

Let me guess. You are American ?
Looking for Pili

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 06:42:09 PM »

I'm british but I hope to go with paley as from the diaries I've read his patients have the best recovery overall. Earning money in the UK is extremely difficult as living costs are sky high. I understand there's many young people here who want this surgery so I thought this would be the best place to ask about obtaining the necessary funds

InFullStryde

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »

I'm 5ft 4 ot just over at 20 years old.
I'm not sure how I'd pull out a loan as my family is poor and I live in the UK.
I could try working a job however I'm doing a physics/engineering degree so making time would be an enormous issue

Okay, I understand.  I'm actually thinking about this subject quite a bit for CLL'ers.   Money is such an obstacle for many out there who are great candidates for CLL.   I'll keep you posted on if I can come upon or figure out a more direct and clear money strategy to financing this procedure.

Hope all is well otherwise! Talk soon,

IFS
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 07:07:13 PM »

Thank you man any advice is helpful.
There's no greater curse in this world than being a short man lol

champion90

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 07:17:07 PM »

unfortunately in cases like ours .. (not wealth) the only way is to work 1 or 2 years to put something aside and thanks to the pay slips (payslips) to ask for a loan from a bank or financial .. certainly given the young age for example, you can ask for 50000 euros spread over 30 years .. a bit like a mortgage on a house.
I am 28 years old and I think I will go to Giotikas after the summer of 2020. the time to get to 25000 euros and ask for a loan from the bank of 35000 euros .. with 60000 euros I should stay inside without problems putting in even the complications and unexpected.

Knik

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 07:19:34 PM »

I'm british but I hope to go with paley as from the diaries I've read his patients have the best recovery overall. Earning money in the UK is extremely difficult as living costs are sky high. I understand there's many young people here who want this surgery so I thought this would be the best place to ask about obtaining the necessary funds

Yeee. British attitude towards this doesn’t look better. Northern West part of Europe in general (but especially UK and Germany, I think it’s less worse in France but I’m not sure)
And we have the same problems
You seemingly want the most expensive one. Sure he is good but I feel like he is only for rich patients. Saving 100k is like ... impossible. Even less if you have some life projects (travelling for instance)
Even 20 k seems like a big amount for me. But still reasonable I think
Good luck anyway
I couldn’t be enough patient to save 100k, everyday is a mental torture
Looking for Pili

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2019, 08:09:00 PM »

Yep I know the feel man. My only saving grace is that facially I'm good looking but that makes it somewhat worse at times.

Everyone struggles there whole life to break out from a banal existence but all of us here have to put ourselves through absolute torment just to attain normality

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 08:10:46 PM »

Looks like I'll have to try anf work a full time job at a fast food restraunt or something in the mean time. It's going to be a nightmare to juggle this with my degree but seeing the money accumulate should be enough motivation

shottrue

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 04:02:01 PM »

you should take the time to study investing hard, you may be able to swing money. Specifically options

Ghostfish

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 02:18:16 AM »

Hi Apoplectic
I feel for you.  I've been there.  It took me really long time to finally get this done. 
The problem for CLL is that most of young people do not have enough money unless parents support this and older people can't make time (perhaps money as well) to get a break for CLL.

Apoplectic, you have to focus on your career and study now to be more successful later on.  In the meantime, you can try to make money by doing any sort of part time jobs.  After graduation, you probably can find a good job that makes you save more money quickly.  Normally at this moment, it is becoming harder to find time.  Oh well, you just have to make time. Once you have some money and job, get a loan and find a good doctor at a reasonable price for you.  Of course, top doctors like Paley are good, there are other good doctors with lower price.
Just be patient and hang in there until the moment comes.
Good luck!

Bonez

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 06:19:06 AM »

you should take the time to study investing hard, you may be able to swing money. Specifically options

I've been really interested in swing trading lately and just started doing research. Is it a worthwhile option? I'm at like 25% of my LL goal as far as money saved. Do you think I should invest and do swing trading with my LL money? I feel like I'll make mistakes as a beginner which is to be expected, but then again if I'm conservative maybe it will be ok.

I know the old forum had a thread where they were swing trading stocks and it looked like they did well. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

shottrue

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »

I've been really interested in swing trading lately and just started doing research. Is it a worthwhile option? I'm at like 25% of my LL goal as far as money saved. Do you think I should invest and do swing trading with my LL money? I feel like I'll make mistakes as a beginner which is to be expected, but then again if I'm conservative maybe it will be ok.

I know the old forum had a thread where they were swing trading stocks and it looked like they did well. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I don't have much experience but options seems like a way to get a lot of money from a little.
Just start looking for books on the subject, also some general info on stuff like r/wallstreetbets, r/investing = reddit has some stuff.
I think it's a really good idea, because you can start making more money putting those savings to use, you just need to study how not to mess up

What is swing trading? Similar to day trading?

Kenda

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 08:21:02 PM »

Go be an Enterprenuer as they say *lol*. 
Some guy here really said that he is a youtuber and that made him do the surgery ....dont really understand how he made this amount of money tho ! 100k seems like impossible

Astronomy

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 09:54:21 PM »

No such a fast way to be billionaire...Otherwise,there wont be anyone just waiting for LL

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 10:19:54 PM »

Yeah I know there's no fast track way however there are a lot of wealthy people in this forum so I was just looking for some tips lol.

Looks like I'm stuck with doing external tibias for the foreseeable future though.

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 12:14:49 AM »

unfortunately in cases like ours .. (not wealth) the only way is to work 1 or 2 years to put something aside and thanks to the pay slips (payslips) to ask for a loan from a bank or financial .. certainly given the young age for example, you can ask for 50000 euros spread over 30 years .. a bit like a mortgage on a house.
I am 28 years old and I think I will go to Giotikas after the summer of 2020. the time to get to 25000 euros and ask for a loan from the bank of 35000 euros .. with 60000 euros I should stay inside without problems putting in even the complications and unexpected.

The surgery is not worth a house. And LL will put you unable to work for quite sometime unless you work sitting down so don't know how ur planning on paying the loan back and that is pretty unhealthy as well in the long run. I make 1,200$ US a month before expenses it is impossible for me to save up 20,000$ or even 10,000$. The maximum that I can afford is 5,000$. And I would risk being homeless and a bit starved to save up that much. Which will not even give me India and either way I don't trust those guys.. I wish all of us would protest so that these doctors prices don't keep going up. Russia with Solomon and kulesh was looking attainable  but now their price is 12,000-15,000$ in total.. let's just say 20,000$ after travel food and rent... It used to be 3,000$-4,000$ when I first spoke to them from what I remember. And Ruble is still worth nothing compared to usd  . Part of it is due to them moving from the cheaper clinic to an expensive one but still.. I'm sure everyone bombarding them like zombies didn't help. Like I said, I don't care how sad my height makes me I'm not going to spend a mortgage down paymment on it lol at least not until I finish school. (3 years). It's just not worth it. I wish doctors would be more reasonable.

Activatedx

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2019, 11:14:44 AM »

Build your credit over 3-4 years and go to Dr. mahboubian and use carecredit and then pay it off over time or ruin it lol

Astronomy

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 07:12:40 PM »

Yeah I know there's no fast track way however there are a lot of wealthy people in this forum so I was just looking for some tips lol.

Looks like I'm stuck with doing external tibias for the foreseeable future though.
My humble opinion is to be a programmer   ::)And that's what I plan on after graduation.In USA that sort of career is with highest revenue.

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2019, 10:41:28 PM »

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2019, 12:54:34 PM »

It's best to get a software.. and have good management of money...
Make sure the software doesn't repaint... have you seen the forex pin software?
Pages: [1]   Go Up