Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH Injection For Open Plates  (Read 2247 times)

texasbruce

GH Injection For Open Plates
« on: February 03, 2016, 04:16:01 PM »

If your plate has not closed, get the hormone injection! Do it now! I was so regretted not have done that and now I have to do this traumatic surgery!

TIBIKE200

Re: GH Injection For Open Plates
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:17:46 PM »

If your plate has not closed, get the hormone injection! Do it now! I was so regretted not have done that and now I have to do this traumatic surgery!

You are aware that if you dont have any GH defficiency, injecting yourself with GH won't help. It may give you an extra 1-2cm but no more. There is a way to know if you lack GH.
I learned some stuff during this time

Deads

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:40:02 PM »

You are aware that if you dont have any GH defficiency, injecting yourself with GH won't help. It may give you an extra 1-2cm but no more. There is a way to know if you lack GH.

Additional GH will make you grow if your plates are still open.. I have a friend who is only 16 who has had several courses of GH run.. He gained several inches.

He isn't deficient.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 06:02:12 PM »

Additional GH will make you grow if your plates are still open.. I have a friend who is only 16 who has had several courses of GH run.. He gained several inches.

He isn't deficient.

I know of many patients and friends who did daily injections of GH and in the end got to still be short. It doesnt let you go beyong your genetic capabilities..
  If that wasnt the case and GH did indeed make everyone tall it would be much easier to acquire it through a doc.

Deads

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 06:21:59 PM »

I know of many patients and friends who did daily injections of GH and in the end got to still be short. It doesnt let you go beyong your genetic capabilities..
  If that wasnt the case and GH did indeed make everyone tall it would be much easier to acquire it through a doc.

The reason docs don't prescribe often is because they have strict requirements you need to meet.. They aren't going to hand out GH to everyone who wants it. Their licence is on the line and they need to follow guidelines.

It does let you go beyond your genetic capabilities because it makes you taller.. That additional height wouldn't be possible without the GH in the first place. You'll never be tall if you meet the requirements for GH therapy because you're ultra short to begin with.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 06:30:48 PM »

The reason docs don't prescribe often is because they have strict requirements you need to meet.. They aren't going to hand out GH to everyone who wants it. Their licence is on the line and they need to follow guidelines.

It does let you go beyond your genetic capabilities because it makes you taller.. That additional height wouldn't be possible without the GH in the first place. You'll never be tall if you meet the requirements for GH therapy because you're ultra short to begin with.

There is a situation known as "idiopatic short stature". It's a situation in which you will end up being short even though according to blood tests your GH is in normal levels.. All of the studies that were done in this kind of situation the final gain of height was 3-4cm from those who didnt take therapy.
  There is no clinical evidence that GH therapy can get you a massive gain unless you actually lack GH. I gained 20 centimeters between the ages of 14-16 and that's without the GH therapy. I then gained another 10cm in one year and got to where I am today. The fact that he gained so much might just be a late growth spurt.

Deads

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 07:24:23 PM »

There is a situation known as "idiopatic short stature". It's a situation in which you will end up being short even though according to blood tests your GH is in normal levels.. All of the studies that were done in this kind of situation the final gain of height was 3-4cm from those who didnt take therapy.
  There is no clinical evidence that GH therapy can get you a massive gain unless you actually lack GH. I gained 20 centimeters between the ages of 14-16 and that's without the GH therapy. I then gained another 10cm in one year and got to where I am today. The fact that he gained so much might just be a late growth spurt.

I guess there's no way to tell if it was the GH or his own natural growth spurt.

shorthandsomedoc

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 07:37:21 PM »

Doctors don't give rhGH to every normal short kid because they have a valid reason. The benefits of rhGH in kids who aren't deficient don't really outweighs the theoretical risks. Is an inch or maybe 2 worth the potential risks of rhGH therapy in short otherwise normal children?

texasbruce

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 03:17:15 PM »

First thanks the admin to make this a topic..

It may have requirements - yes, and it won't give you unlimited growth - right.

My cousin got it and it boosted him ~2 in.

But it is something worth to try, and less traumatic than the surgery here. If your doctor won't give it to you, try some other countries (e.g. China) and it is not expensive.

texasbruce

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 03:22:51 PM »

Doctors don't give rhGH to every normal short kid because they have a valid reason. The benefits of rhGH in kids who aren't deficient don't really outweighs the theoretical risks. Is an inch or maybe 2 worth the potential risks of rhGH therapy in short otherwise normal children?

The risk really isn't that high... especially comparing to the surgery

shorthandsomedoc

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »

The risk really isn't that high... especially comparing to the surgery

As a matter of fact, i agree. In my opinion, 2 inches can make a big difference in someone's quality of life. If one is not predisposed to cancer to begin with, the risks aren't that high. But we can't generalize for every kid.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 04:54:39 PM »

As a matter of fact, i agree. In my opinion, 2 inches can make a big difference in someone's quality of life. If one is not predisposed to cancer to begin with, the risks aren't that high. But we can't generalize for every kid.

Most cancers dont have any genetic background. But the fact that you expose yourself unnesseceraly for years to high IGF-1 levels, will skyrocket your chances in getting any kind of cancer in the future and at a much younger age. I dont see it worthy for 2 inches.

shorthandsomedoc

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 06:26:35 PM »

Most cancers dont have any genetic background. But the fact that you expose yourself unnesseceraly for years to high IGF-1 levels, will skyrocket your chances in getting any kind of cancer in the future and at a much younger age. I dont see it worthy for 2 inches.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15144231

"Despite early concerns following a report of a cluster of cases of leukaemia in recipients of GH, there appears to be no increased risk for the development of leukaemia in those treated with GH unless there is an underlying predisposition. Even in children with a primary diagnosis of cancer, subsequent GH use does not appear to increase the risk of tumour recurrence. However, a recent follow-up of pituitary GH recipients has suggested an increase in colorectal cancer."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15144231

"Conversely, extensive studies of the outcome of GH replacement in childhood cancer survivors show no evidence of an excess of de novo cancers, and more recent surveillance of children and adults treated with GH has revealed no increase in observed cancer risk. However, given the experimental evidence that indicates GH/IGF-1 provides an anti-apoptotic environment that may favour survival of genetically damaged cells, longer-term surveillance is necessary; over many years, even a subtle alteration in the environmental milieu in this direction, although not inducing cancer, could result in acceleration of carcinogenesis."

A 2015 Study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25774194

"Growth hormone (GH) treatment has been increasingly widely used for children with GH deficiencies as the survival rate of pediatric patients with malignancies has increased. Both GH and insulin-like growth factor-I have mitogenic and antiapoptotic activity, prompting concern that GH treatment may be associated with tumor development. In this review, the authors examined the relationship between GH treatment and cancer risk in terms of de novo malignancy, recurrence, and secondary neoplasm. Although the results from numerous studies were not entirely consistent, this review of various clinical and epidemiological studies demonstrated that there is no clear evidence of a causal relationship between GH treatment and tumor development. Nonetheless, a small number of studies reported that childhood cancer survivors who receive GH treatment have a small increased risk of developing de novo cancer and secondary malignant neoplasm. Therefore, regular follow-ups and careful examination for development of cancer should be required in children who receive GH treatment. Continued surveillance for an extended period is essential for monitoring long-term safety."
Pages: [1]   Go Up