Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External Tibia and Precise II Femur possible in 1 year?  (Read 1136 times)

hammad555

• Visitor
External Tibia and Precise II Femur possible in 1 year?
« on: September 12, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »

Do you guys think that within a one year period it is possible to do external tibia and precise II for femurs. From February 2018 to February 2019.
On February 2019 I will be starting graduate school so I will have to be away from the doctor however I have no problem walking with crutches/a walker during graduate school. If it's manageable, which would be better to start with tibia or femur and how long before the first procedure should I wait to do the second procedure?

Andy

• Rough situations don't last, rough people do.
Re: External Tibia and Precise II Femur possible in 1 year?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 08:49:51 PM »

Hi Hammad555,
It's sounds doable, especially if you can use crutches at school. How many cm are you thinking of?

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 10:29:25 PM »

Do you guys think that within a one year period it is possible to do external tibia and precise II for femurs. From February 2018 to February 2019.
On February 2019 I will be starting graduate school so I will have to be away from the doctor however I have no problem walking with crutches/a walker during graduate school. If it's manageable, which would be better to start with tibia or femur and how long before the first procedure should I wait to do the second procedure?

very good question, i also have same question

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 10:30:06 PM »

Hi Hammad555,
It's sounds doable, especially if you can use crutches at school. How many cm are you thinking of?

is 6cm on each segment possible?

biggerdreams

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:32:26 AM »

This is probably only feasible if you do both with the same doctor and some of it may overlap each other. Let's say you start external tibia then a few months later you start internal femur (while tibia is still lengthening or consolidating). In order to do this you probably have to find a doctor that does and is willing to do both... this severely limits which doctors you can go to.

That being said, you will most likely be attending the beginning of grad school in crutches.
Pages: [1]   Go Up