Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Khaqan Jahangir Janjua  (Read 29653 times)

heightG

• Visitor
Dr. Khaqan Jahangir Janjua
« on: February 14, 2014, 11:58:13 PM »

Here is a new MD I found which seems to offer limb lengthening surgery. He seems to be based in Pakistan and has training in orthopedic reconstructive surgery. The profile below is from his LinkedIn profile available Here. His website is at www.poacc.com which stands for Pakistan Orthopaedic & Cosmetic Center.

Director - Hillsclinic - January 2009 – Present (5 years 2 months) Islamabad, Pakistan

If you are wishing to become taller, you are in the right place. We will make your dreams of becoming taller come true.

Limb Lengthening at Hills Clinic is safe and effective solution for short stature, dwarfism or other orthopedic or cosmetic reasons. We can increase your height by 5 to 12 cm (in stages). If you are an adult, only surgical limb lengthening can assure your height increase

You receive revolutionary height increase by leg lengthening medical services with affordable and lowest fees and outstanding quality care at Hills Clinic.

We are the pioneers for cosmetic limb lengthening and Height Increase by Limb Lengthening surgery in Pakistan. Specialized patient care protocols are followed using state of the art equipment.
--------------
So has anybody ever heard of him before?

Arche

Re: Dr. Khaqan Jahangir Janjua
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:06:59 AM »

I'm south Asian but born abroad. The idea of going there is insane. The ultimate package is listed at 10K but should really be the base package. Also there are no pictures of frames and no specifics regarding the surgery itself. (LON, LATN, etc)

If someone can get him on this site to answer questions like Dr. Birkholtz, only then would it be responsible to even list him on LL Forum. Just my opinion.

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »

if you want to get your limbs butchered and permanently disabled go on.

Why do people have to go and find such  ty 3rd world crap??
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 12:07:10 AM »

My biggest worry would be getting taken hostage by some random jihadist or something. Pakistan is considered to be one of, if not the most dangerous country on the planet currently.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

mediocre

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 12:23:55 AM »

I have friends who are Pakistani doctors, and they are very good. But they work in Australia and Southeast Asia.

I agree with the others. Going to Pakistan is simply "buyers beware."

LL Jihad?

Sweden

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 01:35:19 AM »

Afghanistan, North Korea, Syria..... And then there's Pakistan.
You'd have to be as insane as the population to go there for CLL.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 06:57:10 PM »

A user on old forum  has said that they just did their surgery with this doctor in Pakistan two months ago. I hope for his sake that he was a local.

gurru

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 06:32:54 PM »

Dr. Khaqan Jahangir Janjua's height increase web site is www.hillsclinic.com, which stands for Height Increase by Limb Lengthening Surgery Clinic located at Islamabad, offering the lowest cost.

mimi

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 11:01:31 PM »

plz any new about this doctor or any member did the surgery with him???

NBW

• 5'3"
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 11:47:18 PM »

plz any new about this doctor or any member did the surgery with him???
If you could not for any reason read the above posts from fellow members in this thread then you shouldn't even consider getting surgery for your legs. God.

gurru

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 11:12:58 AM »

I, know through internet, a few international patients and GMC (general medical council of England) web site that, Dr. Khaqan Janjua has an excellent profile. He has worked in UK, AUSTRALIA, AMERICA, SAUDI ARABIA &Pakistan Military. Through linkedin and facebook, I came to know that he has got CLL clients from Canada, Afghanistan, Middle East countries, Philippines, Malaysia and Burma. His Pakistani patients are besides the one mentioned. 
He is only using Ilizarov technology and locally made tubular external devices. You may find more information on www.poacc.com and https://www.facebook.com/orthopaedics

Eager

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »

Before you decide to go over there, read this http://www. /index.php/topic,7128.0.html. His price is low for a reason. He is a butcher and greedy doctor who has no morals.Offcourse there are many good doctors from pakistan but he is not one of them.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/pakistan-travel-warning.html

This link alone shows why you'd be totally crazy to go to Pakistan for any reason. Imagine just how screwed you'll be if something goes wrong and you can't even walk.

Eager

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 02:33:17 PM »

Hey how you post the link here. The link in my post is messed up. It filters out . and / in the domain name

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »

Direct links to that site aren't allowed here. Though the other site doesn't allow dirrect links to here either.

gurru

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 06:23:26 PM »

Hi I have gone through http://www. /index.php/topic,7126.0/prev_next,prev.html#new
regarding Dr Khaqan. It seems quite encouraging to achieve CLL with such a low price with the services provided. I think the medical side seems to be well looked after. Other logistics can be sorted out with little more spending there in Hills clinic Islamabad.

Eager

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »

@@gurru You have to read through the whole diary from iTall.
He did some revelation towards the end. I am sure once you read that, you will have different opinion about this doctor. Better be safe then sorry.

gurru

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 08:01:19 PM »

I do have read the whole diary, I think doc Is quite capable of doing CLL, as I can see that he is getting patients from out side Pakistan like Canada, Burma, Dubai. They all would have corresponded with him in detail before going fr surgery. He is visiting his patients every week, doing their dressing him self, transporting patient to hospital in his own car, every week physiotherapist visit, and trouble shooting medical issues as they arise. I would pay doctor some More to provide me with better residence and internal furnishings. I think one should not leave his doctor at such a critical time at a stage when your height aim is achieved and you may just need two More months for consolidation just for reason of curtains and other manageable items for little more spending. But I am still thinking about spending a little more to get better house with still less over all cost.

G-Man

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 01:45:33 AM »

I, know through internet, a few international patients and GMC (general medical council of England) web site that, Dr. Khaqan Janjua has an excellent profile. He has worked in UK, AUSTRALIA, AMERICA, SAUDI ARABIA &Pakistan Military. Through linkedin and facebook, I came to know that he has got CLL clients from Canada, Afghanistan, Middle East countries, Philippines, Malaysia and Burma. His Pakistani patients are besides the one mentioned. 
He is only using Ilizarov technology and locally made tubular external devices. You may find more information on www.poacc.com and https://www.facebook.com/orthopaedics

"and locally made tubular external devices" ... from the scrapyard?

Eager

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 01:15:25 PM »

@@Gurru. Did you check the photos of the so called "Guest house". Thats where you want be when you are crippled for 6 months. It was a rat hole. and the guy didn't leave him for a set of curtains but because he started bullying him. He was asking for money to fix the mess he created at the first place. That dude got sever bellerina foot so much that he couldn't stand. Do you think he would have had this problem if the doc was regularly visting him like you are claiming. I was following his diary because at some point i was also considering this doc .
If you provide at least one diary(not more) where he did what you are claiming is doing then i will be glad to read it through. Some time credentials alone are not enough.In this profession ethics are as important as any other credential. But if you have decided to go over there then i would defintely wish you good luck and a successful outcome.

Sweden

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 06:02:50 PM »

Jesus Christ. The fact that you guys even consider Pakistan shows how retarded you really must be!!

Sure, go ahead - ruin your lifes  ;D
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

gurru

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 06:11:10 PM »

Eager. I am a medical student. I have educated myself in limb lengthening to the maximum extent. I got his other patients contacts and have already contacted and spoken with them. The doctor is very sympathetic, caring, visits every patient every week, charges only for the services to be provided at reasonably manageable cost to pay the hospital, operating theatre, X-rays etc. What ever is included in his packages is provided as per his patients.
Regarding bullying, I think he has to arrange payments to provide services. I think no doctor would like to loose his patients and credibility for such minor issues. One of his patient from Canada, she mentioned that he has provided accommodation for her full family in the same package, an attendant full time, all utility bills, internet and all required furnishings for her mother, brother, sister in law, an auntie and a child were provided. She and other patients were satisfied with packages and the medical care. According to the doctor, his policy is to have physio every six hours with once a week support from a physiotherapist. The full time attendant assists in every six hourly physio. One of his patient did mention about iTall, that he was not regular in self physio and got his muscles wasted, in spite of regular doctor and physiotherapists visits every week and repeated reminders.
During my research, I know that every patient in every center would get ankle contracture if he goes beyond 7.5 cm of leg stretching, which can only be minimized and not prevented totally with physio. Most of patients would go for tendon lengthening and rings adjustment to give more space to the stretched tendons.
More over according to my enquiry from his patients and the doctor him self, he does not provide guest house arrangements, he rents a house which some times become difficult to find as per his standards and he does shift his patients to better places on availability.
I have calculated all the costs my self and inquired from available regular guest houses in Islamabad, with his packages he is not saving much.
I asked the doctor myself, how come he is managing all this with such a low cost and having all the medical needs of patients to be fulfilled. His answer was that most of the stuff he is doing himself just to be sure that he beats other international high costs and develop this specialty there.
I think regarding ethical issue you raised, he does recognize that to fulfill his ethical duty he is in contact with his patients and provide them both medical and non medical help with in the resources available to him as per the packages and local circumstances.
I do feel very sorry for iTall that because of his fund shortage, he could not availed the full facilities. My advise to all prospective height increase candidates would be that, they should think twice before going for limb lengthening with limited funds.

Eager

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 07:34:12 PM »

Since you have already made your mind, all i can say is good luck.

mimi

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 02:33:11 PM »

But the think is we don't have any pictures of his patients or any one of them told us his story so how how can we assure that he is a good doctor

gurru

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 04:38:04 PM »

Mimi. Good doctor I think is the one who can achieve the results. Some his patients' pictures are there on his Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/hillsclinic . When I spoke with his patients on the phone and Skype, I could assess them on line. The circumstances were to my satisfaction. The doctor told me that he has clinical experience of thirty four years and has worked in different countries and is presently also fully registered in England GMC.

G-Man

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 05:18:33 PM »

My only question is: do we have to grow a thick long beard before going there and if so, how long will it set me back?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:38:45 PM by G-Man »

Gichelu

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 09:13:22 PM »

That the ultimate price for them is only $10,000 is enough reason to know your quality of care will be crap. What desperate crazy unrealistic person you have to be to do this in Pakistan and risk getting shot up by a terrorist or blown up in a street bombing
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

G-Man

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »

Dunno man, I've heard that they give you a rocket launcher at signup, pretty tempting!

mimi

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 08:22:52 PM »

I think it's better to visit there and check the hospital and patients before taking any decisions what do u think guys??

ReadRothbard

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 08:11:09 PM »

My biggest worry would be getting taken hostage by some random jihadist or something. Pakistan is considered to be one of, if not the most dangerous country on the planet currently.

Not necessarily true. The countryside might be crazy, but Islamabad is extremely safe. Pakistan is a very stable country--it certainly isn't Syria. I wouldn't worry.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Tinky Winky

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 11:54:47 PM »

Wow I think I maybe choose this doctor. Go there for quadrilateral and then later arm lengthening and only little over 15,000 US!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up