Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: do you think you will ever stop thinking about height  (Read 13000 times)

noname

Re: do you think you will ever stop thinking about height
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2016, 05:17:35 PM »

After LL, yes, you will stop.

you're still pretty active on the forum. does this mean you're still thinking about your height everyday but more like "i'm feeling so blessed with my current height. i don't feel bad about it anymore!"? i guess most people on this forum thinks about their height often. but this doesn't mean that everybody feels miserable about his height. it can be positive too. i grew 1,5 cm (not permanent) by doing yoga excercises and i felt so happy lol. but i still consider myself as a 173 guy

programdude

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2016, 06:04:04 PM »

I'm actually really not that active. After my fracture I hadn't posted until the other day because of x rays.

I don't think about height any more, and despite the complications to feel blessed with my height, but I do still have a camaraderie with you all here, and have always thought back to before I did LL and how I felt unclear/uncertain about so much- So when I do post it is for the most part to help people who are in the same position I was: Feeling like they need LL but being uncertain about so very much.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

noname

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2016, 06:09:51 PM »

I'm actually really not that active. After my fracture I hadn't posted until the other day because of x rays.

I don't think about height any more, and despite the complications to feel blessed with my height, but I do still have a camaraderie with you all here, and have always thought back to before I did LL and how I felt unclear/uncertain about so much- So when I do post it is for the most part to help people who are in the same position I was: Feeling like they need LL but being uncertain about so very much.

what kind of life changes did you experience after getting taller? did people start threatening you better? did it made some improvements with dating and jobs? just the extern factors. not intern ones like mental health. i'm a natural 5'8 too so i wanna know what kind of life improvements i can expect

programdude

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2016, 06:40:06 PM »

For me it is huge changes. I already did very well with dating and with making first impressions/being intimidating, but there are definitely improvements in both those categories.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2016, 07:47:36 PM »

For me it is huge changes. I already did very well with dating and with making first impressions/being intimidating, but there are definitely improvements in both those categories.
About your gate
Now you can walk normally
Without any soreness and complications?

programdude

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 09:46:03 PM »

Best place for details is my thread. I currently have some irritation on my right leg. It is doubtful its anything serious after looking at x rays though.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 07:48:54 AM »

DIFM,

I understand the whole, "black dot on a white piece of paper" thought process.

You are about 1" taller than me if you are 5'8-5'9.

You cured your height neurosis and accepted yourself after LL. (or during LL I suppose is more accurate)

I think the question is than, how could one accept themselves WITHOUT LL? (especially in the range of guys that are not that short, 5'6,5'7,5'8)
I cured my height neurosis when I reached 5'8", and possibly even when I was a little over 5'7.

But prior to that, the way I cured it was that I read diaries where people were having "bad" results or having a hard time with the surgery and recovery. So becoming taller stopped being a rational option for me. Once I knew that there was no choice for me to get taller, I stopped thinking about getting taller. I then quickly accepted being short. It's like when a relative or close friend dies. You will be super sad about it at first, but eventually you realize that that person will never return. And then you learn to accept it. Acceptance is the last stage of grief.

My mistake was coming back to the forums years later and thinking that LL was a rational option again. Once that possibility of being taller hit me again, I threw away the acceptance and wanted to be taller. I shouldn't really call it a mistake, because I actually do like being taller. But I did sacrifice a lot for it. So the surgery to me is really more like giving up something to gain something else. It's not all 100% beneficial, whereas something like getting braces or lasik eye surgery were all mostly beneficial with minimum sacrifice.

I really really hope that they figure out a better way to make people taller and for a cheaper price. Then I'll be recommending LL. Because there's really no downside to being taller. But having tight legs and random pains is quickly getting annoying.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

CCMidwest

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 12:43:56 PM »

I cured my height neurosis when I reached 5'8", and possibly even when I was a little over 5'7.

But prior to that, the way I cured it was that I read diaries where people were having "bad" results or having a hard time with the surgery and recovery. So becoming taller stopped being a rational option for me. Once I knew that there was no choice for me to get taller, I stopped thinking about getting taller. I then quickly accepted being short. It's like when a relative or close friend dies. You will be super sad about it at first, but eventually you realize that that person will never return. And then you learn to accept it. Acceptance is the last stage of grief.

My mistake was coming back to the forums years later and thinking that LL was a rational option again. Once that possibility of being taller hit me again, I threw away the acceptance and wanted to be taller. I shouldn't really call it a mistake, because I actually do like being taller. But I did sacrifice a lot for it. So the surgery to me is really more like giving up something to gain something else. It's not all 100% beneficial, whereas something like getting braces or lasik eye surgery were all mostly beneficial with minimum sacrifice.

I really really hope that they figure out a better way to make people taller and for a cheaper price. Then I'll be recommending LL. Because there's really no downside to being taller. But having tight legs and random pains is quickly getting annoying.

Thanks for the response.

I remember in your diary you had said that girls at the hotel were crushing on you, and that was just past the 5'7 mark if I recall correctly.

Yeah, the bad diaries terrify me. I tend to rationalize their outcomes by saying they had bad doctors or whatever.

Being able to afford it doesn't help either. I mean, I flew out to Miami and drove up to WPB in January just to drive by the Paley Institute. I didn't even get a consult. Spent the rest of the week getting drunk, exploring the keys, and lying around nked with the wife. (ended up meeting with a patient though, so wasn't a complete waste)

I climbed the tallest peak in my state the other day. Sat out over looking the landscape, freezing my a** off, thinking, "would I ever be able to come back up here after LL?"

Speaking as a guy that is a high 5'7, this place distorts the real life value of height. It really does. So do a lot of other places on the internet.

I stand 5'9 in my boots, so not sure I would even gain anything with LL, other than ego satisfaction. It's the thought of being 5'11 in my boots that gets to me.
5'7.5

Knik

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2016, 06:59:59 PM »

No but I'm sure I'll feel better
Looking for Pili
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up