Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Growth plates open?  (Read 8345 times)

LL2022

Growth plates open?
« on: March 31, 2016, 09:41:04 PM »

Hello guys, I am still pretty young and I think my growth plates are still open, although I have only grown around 1.2 cm in 1 year. My wingspan has grown 1cm the past 6months or so.

Here is some stats of my growth the over the past few years:
12 years old - ~145 cm
14 years old - 163.4 cm
15 years old - 165.3cm
16 years old - 166.6 cm (afternoon height) 167.2cm (morning height) I am so depressed about my height i had to mention my morning height ...

So as you can see i grew alot between 12-14 and my growth has since then drastically slowed down ... I doubt puberty is over since I only have one or two very long hairs on my chin while my 20 year old brother has quite alot more than me. I'm also just starting to develope hair on my inner thighs.

I hope to reach 168 cm as afternoon height before i turn 17 this summer and 170cm as my final adult height but by the looks of my growth rate these last few years I'm sceptical. However atleast I'm trying to grow as much as possible right now. I have changed my diet to a much healthier and more nutrious diet, I have been exercising a lot more - Swimming, running/jogging, martial arts. I even take Hyaluronic acid supplements as i heard this could help growth if the growth plates are not yet fused.

So yeah, my question is: Do you think i will continue to grow based of my growth rate the past 4-5 years(be honest)? And if so does excercising even help?

Thanks a lot guys and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section or something.
Currently 168,5 cm - Goal -> 4,5 cm - 5 cm Tibias in Turkey

CCMidwest

Re: Growth plates open?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 09:45:55 PM »

Only a doctor and some Xrays could tell you if you are still growing.
5'7.5

Chris

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 11:21:19 PM »

Do you think i will continue to grow based of my growth rate the past 4-5 years(be honest)? And if so does excercising even help?

When I was 14 years old, my height was ~157cm.
My parents were a little concerned about my height and took me to a doctor.
He checked my coronas, some nurses x-rayed my hand and then the doctor said to my father that based on my bones I would reach approx. 172cm.
When I was somewhere between 15 and 16, I suddenly stopped growing @161cm (evening height).

One of my best friends was around the same height at that time. Maybe a 2cm taller.
He first started to develop "real" facial hair at around 18 years. I remember, because the girls kept making fun of him, because he didn't look manly enough.
He was growing very slowly, but over the years, he became HUGE. I would say he kept growing till the age of 21 or even a little bit later :o
And his diet was even unhealthier than mine was back then :D

It's your genes that decide when your body will stop growing. More nutrition diet won't change it.
Sadly, the only effect on growth your diet could have, is if you stopped eating, which would prevent your body from growing.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Mivsta101

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 10:45:49 PM »

X ray your wrists. If your hands are fused, your running out of time. I'm 19 and mines are slightly open at my wrists but i heard that the wrists fuse first then the legs and rest of body. If you grew from ages 12-14 you might not grow much. If you start puberty after 16 then you can grow in your early 20s. I myself can relate to what you said. I stopped growing because i stopped eating. I turned 19 a few months ago. Im hoping to hit a growth spurt from here to 21 because i didnt hit puberty till 16. From what i know i believe its all based off nutrition, genes and nutrition. I stayed small because i didnt eat. I know this. My brother is around 5'8 or 5'10 and our parents are short. Im 5'5 with minimal nutrition. Imagine had i ate alot more from 16-18. Could have easily hit 5'8+. Hopefully i still can because i cant grow a full on beard yet at 19. Your body begins to start growing when your getting good nutrition and your living in good conditions. For as long as you do this in your growing years, you maximize your potential. If your getting good nutrition at 12 and your body decides to start then, thats when you start. Thats how it goes. What happnd to your best friend gave me motivation though, maybe i can save myself and spurt up a few inches from here till 21.

LL2022

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 07:30:46 PM »

It's been exactly 2 months and I think I have grown abit unless I have been measuring myself inaccuratley. I went from 167.2 cm (morning height) to 167.9cm (morning height) it may not sound like much but it's enough to give me hope lol. I'll continue with a healthy diet and excercise as much as I can.

tallerz

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 07:25:08 PM »

Definitely eat well and exercise. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY SLEEP. Sleep 10 hours a day MINIMUM. I would also recommend some light weight training.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 11:27:32 PM »

A lot of people here believe that the unhealthy lifestyle choices they have made, reduced their growth by quite a bit. You need to be really malnourished in order to see an effect on your height. This doesn´t usually happen in developed countries, so in the end it all comes down to your genes, there is nothing you can do about it.
The amount you sleep doesn´t change your height either, and if it does only by a tiny amount at best.
A friend of mine grew a lot between the age of 16 and 18 (4-5cm´s at least) so there is still hope for you OP, living healthy is always a good idea, it won´t affect your growth though.

onemorefoot

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 12:07:38 AM »

Do you know your sitting height?I think that generally you grow 1-1.5 inches after 16 or can be nothing but in your case I hope you reach 170 cm. Growth plates are not all, you have to consider that the back continues growing after the plates are fused.
Budget will determine my future.

LL2022

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 03:53:47 PM »

Do you know your sitting height?I think that generally you grow 1-1.5 inches after 16 or can be nothing but in your case I hope you reach 170 cm. Growth plates are not all, you have to consider that the back continues growing after the plates are fused.

Not sure of my sitting height but i don't think it would be a reliable number anyways since i have a something i call ''duck ass'', basically my ass is pretty big and fat and sticks out a little bit. <.<.

Anyways, It's been a lil bit over 2 months once again and my morning height is now around 168.1 cm. My afternoon height seem to be around 167.2cm and my evening height ~166.7cm

Penguinn

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 03:55:12 PM »

Go to an endocrinologist and they'll recommend an X-Ray of your wrist or knee or whatever and tell you if your growth plates are closed, or almost-closed. Waiting around is a slow death, this takes an hour. Do it.

onemorefoot

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 05:52:44 PM »

When will yo be 17 years(month)?

LL2022

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »

When will yo be 17 years(month)?

I turned 17 in the beginning of july :S so I didn't reach 168cm as my goal... But what can i do other than start saving up money? xD
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:46:10 PM by RichTheGreat »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 07:02:39 PM »

I second that you should do an X-ray of your wrist. If your plates are fused you probably won't grow more than an inch.

Btw i don't know how you people have all this heights depended on time of the day. I maybe have a difference between morning and evening but it's like 4mm not almost 2cm.

onemorefoot

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 07:23:51 PM »

But you reached 167, is very near. Yo should measure your Sitting height to see the relation between your legs and trunk.

LL2022

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 08:47:21 PM »

Just measured my sitting height and it is around 86cm, I have a big ass though so that probably adds up a couple centimeters, idk.
I measured my sitting height sitting on the floor against the wall btw not on a chair, if that makes a difference.

Thanks guys for the tip but if I were to take thos X-rays and find out that my growth plates are fused (which they probably are by now anyways lol) I'm afraid I would fall into some super deep depression and feel even more sorry for myself. So I rather not know for sure and just hope that I will grow a few cms xD.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:34:30 PM by RichTheGreat »

CCMidwest

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 09:23:44 PM »

Just measured my sitting height and it is around 86cm, I have a big ass though so that probably adds up a couple centimeters, idk.
I measured my sitting height sitting on the floor against the wall btw not on a chair, if that makes a difference.

Honestly none of that matters.

Sitting height...
Wingspan...
Morning vs evening height...
Leg to torso ratio...
Stretching/yoga...
Glucosomine...
Diet/sleep/swimming...
Any other tom foolery this forum comes up with...

None of it matters. The only thing it does is make you obsess about your height.

Have your growth plates checked with a doctor and an xray.

If they are closed, decide if LL is right for you, or decide that LL isn't right for you and move on.

There are no other options.
5'7.5

onemorefoot

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 10:26:25 PM »

CCMidwest has a great argument at the end, and looking at your growth I would expect you to be  169 or could be 170. So you can be 176 if you want(with LL).

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 11:12:02 PM »

Thanks guys for the tip but if I were to take thos X-rays and find out that my growth plates are fused (which they probably are by now anyways lol) I'm afraid I would fall into some super deep depression and feel even more sorry for myself. So I rather not know for sure and just hope that I will grow a few cms xD.

Giving yourself hope will only lead to bigger disappointment.

My whole teenage years my doctor was assuring me that i will grow really tall(i took a lot of from my mom side which is really tall. There was even a chance that i could grow to be even 6'6 like my uncles) but look where im standing now, im 5'5 and didnt grow since i was 12yo.

onemorefoot

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 12:08:08 AM »

You have very tall family, but did you check if you have something with hgh?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 12:27:25 AM »

I'm actually going for hgh test in this week.

Besides that i have uncofirmed Hypothyroidism(i need to get 1 more test around christmas to be 100% sure).

Probably the worst thing is that even knowing that won't really matter now... i will probably stay being short stature.

CCMidwest

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 02:04:59 AM »

I didn't see this edit before.

Yeah man, I think that is a good idea. If you know yourself well enough to know it would harm you mentally, then don't do it.

You're young, lots of life left to live. Just take the next couple of years and see what happens, no harm in that.
5'7.5

paddy10tellys

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 07:33:49 AM »

Kind & wise words CC. He's right Rich. You can choose to be happy.
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

LL2022

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2017, 08:44:39 PM »

So, it's been 1 year and a month since I updated my height, and I as of right now I am ~168.5 cm in the morning and almost 167cm in the evening. So I have growed around 1.2cm which I know isn't much but it is something. I'm hoping to grow atleast 1 or 2 more cms before I'm done growing. I'm turning 18 this summer so it's probably not much time left.

onemorefoot

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2017, 08:56:03 PM »

Hell, the only opción is ll.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2017, 09:06:58 PM »

Hell, the only opción is ll.

Or artificial limbs if you are hardcore

google42

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2017, 09:47:33 PM »

or to not think of ll again if hes really hardocre

helloworld

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 12:21:25 PM »

Hello guys, I am still pretty young and I think my growth plates are still open, although I have only grown around 1.2 cm in 1 year. My wingspan has grown 1cm the past 6months or so.

Here is some stats of my growth the over the past few years:
12 years old - ~145 cm
14 years old - 163.4 cm
15 years old - 165.3cm
16 years old - 166.6 cm (afternoon height) 167.2cm (morning height) I am so depressed about my height i had to mention my morning height ...

So as you can see i grew alot between 12-14 and my growth has since then drastically slowed down ... I doubt puberty is over since I only have one or two very long hairs on my chin while my 20 year old brother has quite alot more than me. I'm also just starting to develope hair on my inner thighs.

I hope to reach 168 cm as afternoon height before i turn 17 this summer and 170cm as my final adult height but by the looks of my growth rate these last few years I'm sceptical. However atleast I'm trying to grow as much as possible right now. I have changed my diet to a much healthier and more nutrious diet, I have been exercising a lot more - Swimming, running/jogging, martial arts. I even take Hyaluronic acid supplements as i heard this could help growth if the growth plates are not yet fused.

So yeah, my question is: Do you think i will continue to grow based of my growth rate the past 4-5 years(be honest)? And if so does excercising even help?

Thanks a lot guys and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section or something.
Estrogen is closing growth plates.
You can fight estrogen with Vitamin D, Melatonin and aromatase inhibitors like Tamoxiphene and Clomiphene.
This should allow you to keep growing for the maximum amount of time.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

onemorefoot

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 08:31:48 PM »

Maybe

doomsday

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »

less than 1 cm growth means your plates are closed , if you gonna make it to 168  it will be great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up