Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I have decided to call it off  (Read 20821 times)

Heightmogged

• Visitor
Re: I have decided to call it off
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2016, 08:25:46 PM »

TIBIKE, have you maintained any of your yoga gains? We should still look for other methods to increase height. Even if it's just 1-3cm.

I too am curious if your YOGA gains are still there. 

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2016, 09:50:19 PM »

Tibike took a good decision. People who decide not to legnthen might continue to have height neurosis but believe me its much worse when people regret having had the surgery. I have met many of these people. Their situation is so bad (permanent sequels, multiple surgeries) that they regret it a lot.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

paddy10tellys

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2016, 07:01:34 PM »

"Met", LLuser1? What, *actually* met, as in met, in person? How many? Who were they then? Who, when, & why was there a problem with the CLL's? Are you able to give more detailed information?
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2016, 07:39:35 PM »

I met some patients in person during my consultation with various doctors and visiting guesthouses in Germany, Spain and the USA. I also met people who talked to me about other people. I've exchanged PMs and emails with many. Read my posts, please. I know a lot about this LL business.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

tallerz

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2016, 09:01:07 PM »

I met some patients in person during my consultation with various doctors and visiting guesthouses in Germany, Spain and the USA. I also met people who talked to me about other people. I've exchanged PMs and emails with many. Read my posts, please. I know a lot about this LL business.

These people went with bottom of the barrel doctors to save money. Not the wisest move when you are gambling with your legs.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2016, 09:17:33 PM »

It's true most of them went with unexperienced and second-class doctors.

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2016, 04:40:02 AM »

thats all good and cheerful to say that you are calling the surgery off. But think about it, a years (maybe even months) into the future, when you see tall, good looking men with hot girls in their arms will you still be happy with being 5'7? you will most likely reconsider your decision and that I can bet on.

Hell, at 5'8 I feel like a midget walking in NYC currently.
starting height: 172.2 cm (5'8")

Alu

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 05:27:12 AM »

thats all good and cheerful to say that you are calling the surgery off. But think about it, a years (maybe even months) into the future, when you see tall, good looking men with hot girls in their arms will you still be happy with being 5'7? you will most likely reconsider your decision and that I can bet on.

Hell, at 5'8 I feel like a midget walking in NYC currently.

Seem's like a skewed, crude, and narrow perspective honestly lol.

I never go to respond OP for his decision. TIBIKE, you and I had some fights and scuffes here and there over the nature of LL. I respected your opinion however, even though I did disagree primarily on how LL is treated in this community as the definitive and perfect end to the means. When in truth, due to the nature of how risky it is at the moment, it hardly is. It seems to came to sort of realize that, but of course times do change. I wouldn't hold it against you if you do ultimately decide to do it after all (I'm at least hopefully new technological developments years in advance will either make LL more of a given success or at least provide an alternative; expect it to cost a lot though).

At the time being though, through my own time away from the forum and hanging out with some of friends I've come realize that some of the stupid notions I had in my head just quite weren't true. Hopefully you've realized that as well and/or are beginning too. In any case, good luck man. Be happy and do what you think you need to do.

Penguinn

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2016, 06:14:08 PM »

Funny thing is that once you realize height is a changeable thing it becomes less important.

This is actually very true, take it from a 5'2 guy. Not significantly less important though..at least in my case.

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2016, 12:35:04 AM »

Seem's like a skewed, crude, and narrow perspective honestly lol.

I never go to respond OP for his decision. TIBIKE, you and I had some fights and scuffes here and there over the nature of LL. I respected your opinion however, even though I did disagree primarily on how LL is treated in this community as the definitive and perfect end to the means. When in truth, due to the nature of how risky it is at the moment, it hardly is. It seems to came to sort of realize that, but of course times do change. I wouldn't hold it against you if you do ultimately decide to do it after all (I'm at least hopefully new technological developments years in advance will either make LL more of a given success or at least provide an alternative; expect it to cost a lot though).

At the time being though, through my own time away from the forum and hanging out with some of friends I've come realize that some of the stupid notions I had in my head just quite weren't true. Hopefully you've realized that as well and/or are beginning too. In any case, good luck man. Be happy and do what you think you need to do.

at 5'8 I know its not in my head, an attractive girl will choose the taller guy 7/10 times barring all else being equal. There is no arguments in this because its just biology, its just how humans are wired.

Yes, I'm hoping new innovations allow for a better LL procedure and the cost thing wont worry me one bit, if I want it bad enough I'll find a way.

Alu

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2016, 01:15:55 AM »

at 5'8 I know its not in my head, an attractive girl will choose the taller guy 7/10 times barring all else being equal. There is no arguments in this because its just biology, its just how humans are wired.

Yes, I'm hoping new innovations allow for a better LL procedure and the cost thing wont worry me one bit, if I want it bad enough I'll find a way.

That's way to much of a simplistic, generalized comment to make (nice arbitrary ratio btw). It's also one that leads down a slippery slope about the nature of women that those MGTOW (which is stupid) all to often make...

I'm not gonna argue with you, I'm ending it here.

Cheez

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2016, 01:38:22 PM »

That's way to much of a simplistic, generalized comment to make (nice arbitrary ratio btw). It's also one that leads down a slippery slope about the nature of women that those MGTOW (which is stupid) all to often make...

I think there are two different things at work here..

If you are not "that tall", will you be able to find a great girl, and have a good life with here? Off course.

But if you are taller, the pool of women to chose from will be automatically larger.

I have had a couple of Tinder dates, where the women told me, I'd be their type, if I would just be a couple of cm taller. And these were girls who were like 4 to 8 cm smaller than me. It's weird.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2016, 01:43:07 PM »

This is completely idiotic. All this rubbish about a tall guy surely getting a hot girl.

Listen bud, I have seen both tall and not tall and even short guys dates both gorgeous and ugly women.
 The equation doesnt go "The taller you get the hotter the chicks you date get" but it just means you will not be disregarded which is esencially a larger dating pool. If a chick dates you at your 5'7 it means your height is enough... Being taller won't make the relationship work better and she wouldnt dump you for another guy just because you arent tall enough...
 Ugh... I have dated women, some were decent and others were hot... Yeah, I am 100% aware that if I will be taller I will be able to date MORE women but not MORE ATTRACTIVE women. Make the difference bud.

And about me creating a clone account called pricess, no... Its not me.... It is stupid idiotic family friends who wanted to scare me off (And sadly succedded).
I learned some stuff during this time

CCMidwest

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2016, 02:02:22 PM »

This is completely idiotic. All this rubbish about a tall guy surely getting a hot girl.

Listen bud, I have seen both tall and not tall and even short guys dates both gorgeous and ugly women.
 The equation doesnt go "The taller you get the hotter the chicks you date get" but it just means you will not be disregarded which is esencially a larger dating pool. If a chick dates you at your 5'7 it means your height is enough... Being taller won't make the relationship work better and she wouldnt dump you for another guy just because you arent tall enough...
 Ugh... I have dated women, some were decent and others were hot... Yeah, I am 100% aware that if I will be taller I will be able to date MORE women but not MORE ATTRACTIVE women. Make the difference bud.

And about me creating a clone account called pricess, no... Its not me.... It is stupid idiotic family friends who wanted to scare me off (And sadly succedded).

This has been my experience in life as well. I've been with mostly average chicks, and some hot ones. Very comparable notch count and quality of women to my taller friends. I've been with way more women than I'll ever admit to on this forum.

Only one ugly chick, but I blame that on my good buddy Budweiser.

The amount of self doubt on this forum is disheartening. Especially with the 5'7+ group.

Yes, taller guys have it easier. Yes, being taller would increase attraction to an extent. But really? All this despair over things like chicks on tinder?

Women, sex, and relationships are difficult for MOST men, regardless of height.

There is so much more to life than height, and so many women out there that just DO NOT CARE as long as you are equal or even a little taller. Hell, lots of women don't care if you are even a little shorter than them.
5'7.5

Cheez

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »

This has been my experience in life as well. I've been with mostly average chicks, and some hot ones. Very comparable notch count and quality of women to my taller friends. I've been with way more women than I'll ever admit to on this forum.
Same here, so what?

The amount of self doubt on this forum is disheartening. Especially with the 5'7+ group.

Yes, taller guys have it easier. Yes, being taller would increase attraction to an extent. But really? All this despair over things like chicks on tinder?
I just wrote something that I think is a given.

I didn't write that I am despaired about "getting not enough women". So don't put these words into my mouth.

Also, some men just prefer girls with longer legs, which tend to be more tall usually.

There is so much more to life than height, and so many women out there that just DO NOT CARE as long as you are equal or even a little taller. Hell, lots of women don't care if you are even a little shorter than them.
My last girlfriend was 4 cm taller than me, and didn't care. But that's not the point.

Well, you seem to care enough about height to still be around here after proclaiming loud and bold that you are done with LL.

CCMidwest

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2016, 02:31:04 PM »

Same here, so what?I just wrote something that I think is a given.

I didn't write that I am despaired about "getting not enough women". So don't put these words into my mouth.

Also, some men just prefer girls with longer legs, which tend to be more tall usually.
My last girlfriend was 4 cm taller than me, and didn't care. But that's not the point.

Well, you seem to care enough about height to still be around here after proclaiming loud and bold that you are done with LL.

I am done with LL. It would take a significant change in LL technology and my situation in life for me to change my mind. I'm only here because I had some pms to answer from guys I have grown fond of.

I was generalizing with my comment about tinder, which gets brought up a lot around here, and wasn't talking about you specifically.
5'7.5

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2016, 04:23:44 AM »

It's not just tinder, its everywhere. Even in college I've had girls tell me I was too short for them at 5'8. Everything seemed fine when we interacted as friends but as soon as I started to flirt, they disappeared.

And just forget about bars/clubs if you're under 6'. Every time I go out I want to kill myself looking at the competition and getting no attention from attractive girls. So yeah women do care about height whether how much people on this forum want to cope by imagining that they dont.

CCMidwest

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2016, 01:05:57 PM »

It's not just tinder, its everywhere. Even in college I've had girls tell me I was too short for them at 5'8. Everything seemed fine when we interacted as friends but as soon as I started to flirt, they disappeared.

And just forget about bars/clubs if you're under 6'. Every time I go out I want to kill myself looking at the competition and getting no attention from attractive girls. So yeah women do care about height whether how much people on this forum want to cope by imagining that they dont.

All else being equal, yeah, taller is better. Why do you think LL interests me?

Yeah, bars and clubs, and online dating are not gonna be your friend at 5'8.

But dude, you're 5'8. That's only 1-2" under average depending on how you slice it.

There are a million other ways to meet women. Grocery store, church, walgreens, social circles, hobbies, front counter at hotels, pools, lakes, etc. I've picked up girls in all these places.

Casual sex is tougher at our height, no doubt. But relationships are easier. You know how many girls I've feigned interest in having a relationship with until I got sex and then dumped them?

I am just a bit under 5'8.

LL let's you change the hand you're dealt. If your gonna do it fine, I'm not saying don't do it. But LL won't drastically change your life with the attitude you show here.

Just relax man, it's not that bad.

Rejection is part of life as a man. Learn from it, embrace it. Do what you can to adjust yourself and reduce rejections (which might include LL)

But "height is life" as your profile says...is wrong. Its just one of many things that makes a man.

So no, no "coping" here. Height is important for sure. But so are many, many other things.

Play the hand you're dealt as best you can. Change that hand with LL if that is what you want. Just be smart about it. (good doc, not an extreme amount)
5'7.5

Alu

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2016, 01:25:46 AM »

I haven't said anything about it earlier since I only got to know about it three days ago... And since I never ever lied or spread false info on this forum, I kept the same line and decided that it was best to reveal that, so people wont decide against a doctor solely based on a false claim.
 I did got enraged like a demon though. Because it completely destroyed my momentum... I stopped smoking precisly for the procedure and after seeing that post, I got completely pannicked so I resumed smoking...

I feel for you entirely man. I'd be ticked off if someone did that too me. I knew something was fishy about that account considering everything at the time. You should do whatever you feel makes you happiest dude. Whether to do it or not. Also stop smoking man, you should know how bad that stuff is for you. In any case, I wish you the best mate. You're level headed so I trust your judgment and one of the few I respect the most here.

And again sorry that that happened to you. I wish you the absolute best!

CCMidwest

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2016, 02:31:19 AM »

I feel for you entirely man. I'd be ticked off if someone did that too me. I knew something was fishy about that account considering everything at the time. You should do whatever you feel makes you happiest dude. Whether to do it or not. Also stop smoking man, you should know how bad that stuff is for you. In any case, I wish you the best mate. You're level headed so I trust your judgment and one of the few I respect the most here.

And again sorry that that happened to you. I wish you the absolute best!

Hey Tibike,

You stop smoking, and I'll cut down to 1 pack a day instead of 2+...deal? lol
5'7.5

Cheez

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2016, 08:03:03 AM »

Play the hand you're dealt as best you can.
I think I am already doing that.
It irks me, though, to have this massive barrier in my way, which is my height.

Change that hand with LL if that is what you want. Just be smart about it. (good doc, not an extreme amount)

Exactly.
Get a good doc, give yourself some time to heal, don't do LATN or LON, and don't go over 6 cm on one segment.

That's what I basically got out of reading all these diaries.

CCMidwest

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2016, 01:28:14 PM »

I think I am already doing that.
It irks me, though, to have this massive barrier in my way, which is my height.

Exactly.
Get a good doc, give yourself some time to heal, don't do LATN or LON, and don't go over 6 cm on one segment.

That's what I basically got out of reading all these diaries.

I'm glad you are already playing the hand you got the best you can. Lot's of guys here sink into a deep dark depression over all of this (myself included) and it pains me so to see it. I really want to see my fellow men succeed in life.

What I got out of the diaries basically amounts to, "don't be cheap"
5'7.5

Cheez

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2016, 04:28:20 PM »

I'm glad you are already playing the hand you got the best you can. Lot's of guys here sink into a deep dark depression over all of this (myself included) and it pains me so to see it. I really want to see my fellow men succeed in life.
I had this feeling when I was younger. But over the years I noticed, that a lot of people in my bigger circle of friends didn't manage to do better (for example with women) even if they were taller.

For instance, I know a couple of athletic 190cm guys, where I can safely say that I had more and prettier women than them.

Being tall is not everything. You still need the whole package.

But feeling you have "the whole package", and the only thing that hinders you is your height is still irking me.

What I got out of the diaries basically amounts to, "don't be cheap"
I think you can pay the best doctor the largest sums, but if you don't take care about your healing process yourself, overlengthen, have LATN and then afterwards chronic knee pain or other things like that paying the best doctor doesn't mean much and you can still be fked in the end.

Just have a level headed approach to LL and things are going to be okay, I think.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2016, 04:46:24 PM »

I had this feeling when I was younger. But over the years I noticed, that a lot of people in my bigger circle of friends didn't manage to do better (for example with women) even if they were taller.

For instance, I know a couple of athletic 190cm guys, where I can safely say that I had more and prettier women than them.

Being tall is not everything. You still need the whole package.

But feeling you have "the whole package", and the only thing that hinders you is your height is still irking me.
I think you can pay the best doctor the largest sums, but if you don't take care about your healing process yourself, overlengthen, have LATN and then afterwards chronic knee pain or other things like that paying the best doctor doesn't mean much and you can still be fked in the end.

btw, this post wasnt directed at you, I just quoted you because I wanted to use some of the facts you said

Just have a level headed approach to LL and things are going to be okay, I think.

That's because unlike what many not short losers say around here (I am talking 175 and up), being taller is not a ticket into pussy land or into "OMG I am so popular kingdom".
  Sincerly, you are absolutly no right to "blame" your height if you have absolutely no success with women (Even if you are below 170). If till your late 20's you couldnt manage to be with atleast one woman, I am sorry to break it to you, but you do indeed have a problem, but it's not your height.
 Also, the notion that "taller is always better" needs to be a little bit put into sense... Being 190 has absolutely no advantage over someone who is 180. Once you arent short anymore, it doesnt matter how tall you are... LL is a ticket out of shorthood. Since, being tall has absolutely no advantages over someone who is not considered short.
 "If all else is equal, height matters" (I know you didnt say it), yes it is indeed correct... But you know what? You arent equal to anybody in any aspect (especially aesthetic aspects). This hypothetical equation is good for therotical physics, not the real world.

90% of the people here will remain miserable even after LL (And even if they could magically become 185).
  This forum is toxic (to a lesser extent than the other one though) with anything regarding height BDD.. This maniacal glorification of height is utterly disgusting.

CCMidwest

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2016, 05:38:46 PM »

All else being equal, yeah, taller is better. Why do you think LL interests me?

Also, the notion that "taller is always better" needs to be a little bit put into sense...

I feel like this was directed at me a little bit...

So I'll clarify my statement.

The exact same *ME* at 5'7

or

The exact same *ME* at 5'9

Rather be 5'9.

So I think we are on the same page.

This forum is toxic (to a lesser extent than the other one though) with anything regarding height BDD.. This maniacal glorification of height is utterly disgusting.

Agreed. The only benefit to this forum is that I have contact with some people who have helped in a positive way with bdd.
5'7.5

Cheez

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2016, 07:17:47 PM »

I concur, that being taller won't magically heal you from being completely ineffective with women.
If you are a dork, being a tall dork won't make you Mr. Pussymillionaire all of a sudden.

If you are good with women, and lead a good life already, getting taller (in my case going from 1.74 to 1.80) might be  that icing on the cake that you crave for if you feel like you already have accomplished most of the things in life that you dreamed of as a boy (I am 41 years old, btw).

And personally, I think, that if you keep a level headed approach to LL (good Surgeon, <6cm, lengthen around .66 a day, no LON/LATN, daily stretching and walking with walker), this can be done rather well and without too many complications.

Your mileage may vary off course.

OregonMade

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2016, 06:14:26 PM »

The fear is too big. Since the booking of the surgery I had sleepness nights with alot of anxieity. It's not worth the risks in my height. My life was good till now and it will be afterwards. Dont want to risk my life in order to fulfil a dream which might be false. A dream which was created by the internet which had nothing to do with real life.
  I have lived life to it's fullest with my 5'7 (171cm) till now, and there is no reason I wouldnt be able to continue to do so.

As I told you before I have spoken with Israeli docs. There is a reason why this procedure is forbidden in Israel to people of my height. Again, the risks are too big. When I calculate risk/gain ratio, it's simply not worth it.

I just got done with Lengthening.  IF, YOU EVER DECIDED TO DO IT.  JUST DO PRECISE 2 method.  Very easy compared to what I did.  illizarov old school method.  Oh and by the way go buy some lifts for parties and clubs.  I think I should of done that before I did this surgery.  Also, if you wanted to do it for girls, just work on your seduction skills man, it will prove much better results.

The Kaiser

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2016, 10:20:29 AM »

I feel like this was directed at me a little bit...

So I'll clarify my statement.

The exact same *ME* at 5'7

or

The exact same *ME* at 5'9

Rather be 5'9.

So I think we are on the same page.

Agreed. The only benefit to this forum is that I have contact with some people who have helped in a positive way with bdd.

maybe you're ugly and can't find women. height is fking nothing except in dating website thats all.

onemorefoot

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2016, 06:55:03 PM »

TIBIKE, if you have decided to avoid this surgery is really OK, I admire you because no everybody can do it( including me). You should be sure that height above 170+ doesnt matter at all, because some people get older and regret, however, it is not your case you are realizing about a lot of things. Catagni is right in saying that average people have a deeper problem than just height, I think the deepest problem with average people is the desire of highlight, in some way that height becomes an advantage. So how to avoid being narcissistic?
Budget will determine my future.

The Kaiser

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2016, 08:17:20 PM »

I think to call it off if you can't afford the top 3 doctors. you can length 5-6 cm and be fine if you don't care a lot about sport. call it off if you don't have big budget and you can't go to top doctor, only Russian, Chinese and Indian

TIBIKE200

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2016, 08:19:31 PM »

I think to call it off if you can't afford the top 3 doctors. you can length 5-6 cm and be fine if you don't care a lot about sport. call it off if you don't have big budget and you can't go to top doctor, only Russian, Chinese and Indian

I have budget to go to anyone... And why is this old thread keeps coming back up?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up