Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'7 and more who want ll do you know the reason of your complex?  (Read 37255 times)

Knik

I know where it comes from
for most people, whether online or IRL 5'9 is small

but internet has negative consequences, because I feel that it has created an interest for height that did not exist before and pages full is created just for that (celebheights for celebrities, tallswag with all the girls who claim to feel small at 6' , the creator claims to be 6'6 but i have some doubt she dont look that tall- https://www.facebook.com/tallswag, all bodybuilding and sports website, etc.)

I say I'm 5'9 to my friends (although I avoided answering such questions)
when I'm out I feel in the middle and I rarely see girls do my height and almost never pass me and many guys have my height
DiCaprio is no more than 5'11 and perfect

you know why your complex? And for some, you managed to surpass?
I think in my case the best solution would be simply return to reality, log out of internet and avoid falling on such sites where everyone claims to 6'8 (with a lot of liars I think because I rarely see guys at this height and never for a girls) / it's the same for sport where everyone is tall (see Lucia Fresco, Google says she is 6'5)

Internet makes us see our height as a handicap for everything: sports, self-esteem, beauty, elegance, etc.
but it is far from the case
Balzac was a small man and he accomplished more things than any giant of his time

I think I will do one LL and I will be happy for sure if I avoid this kind of site

a real 6'3/5 guy (192 cm) is that : http://www.noelshack.com/2016-12-1458915038-geant.jpg

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 10:52:17 AM by theophilo »
Looking for Pili

chineseguy

Re: 5'7 and more who want ll do you know the reason of your complex?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 11:25:35 AM »

5 9 is not small.    my cousin went to england with me five yrs ago.   he is average there even 5 9. real 5 9.     not added one inch.   many people lie their height.  i am with my classmate and he say he is 170 cm but we are same height. that was two yr ago when i am not yet conscious to my height.  i am a real 166 two yr ago and grew 1 cm last year. many people add 3 cm to height

Knik

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 11:59:30 AM »

5 9 is not small.    my cousin went to england with me five yrs ago.   he is average there even 5 9. real 5 9.     not added one inch.   many people lie their height.  i am with my classmate and he say he is 170 cm but we are same height. that was two yr ago when i am not yet conscious to my height.  i am a real 166 two yr ago and grew 1 cm last year. many people add 3 cm to height

I know that
when my father says my family my real height everyone thinks I was taller
Models and sportsmen lies too
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCopjt7tQjr/?hl=fr this girl claims to be 6'5 (if she's i have to hide me because his friends have a similar height and guys are like 5 inches taller)
People lies so I do it too and when I'm with this pretend 6'2 6'3 they know they're not so tall

IRL i see a lot of 5'5 5'6 guys but in Internet I dont see it except here and I see more 6'5 guys than 5'6 (in Internet
Looking for Pili

YellowSpike

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:18:46 PM »

5'7"-5'8" is very gray area. It's hit or miss. 5'8" is meh at best. 5'9" and up, you start to really blend in to the point where your height is just seen as normal, and no one will think twice about it. At 5'10" and up, you're safe entirely. The end.

maximize

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 02:37:35 PM »

I'm 5'7.5 but I was always the shortest or second shortest kid in my classes growing up (late growth spurt). I also have small/narrow bones so I don't look thick and massive like some short guys. I'm also not remotely good looking.

The combination has created problems for me in getting positive female attention the way my peers always have and that has made me quite insecure about all of my physical parameters. Any that I can realistically "fix" I want to.

KrP1

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 04:05:40 PM »

I was 165cm and now about 172.
 165 was a hell in life.
Now at my new height my height neurosis is better but i know that im still short.
Know i can see why people of my actual height wants to do the surgery. Its normal because you are in the short side.

chineseguy

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 04:08:22 PM »

krp1, may i know how is your recovery?is it 95% ?   i am 167 and want to be at least 170 cm too

KrP1

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 04:16:04 PM »

krp1, may i know how is your recovery?is it 95% ?   i am 167 and want to be at least 170 cm too

No. Its not near 95%. I have been an athlete for many years . I dont think that is possible for me to get that condition back.
Look at my diary. What i can do now is walk and go upstairs but not run or jump. Go downstairs without looking weird is not possible yet. This surgery needs a lot of time for recovery.

Knik

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »

165 was a hell in life.
Now at my new height my height neurosis is better but i know that im still short.
Know i can see why people of my actual height wants to do the surgery. Its normal because you are in the short side.

Yes I'm short I know but not to the point that some say
I saw some here say the average is around 185cm, which means that even with an operation I'd feel small and that kind of comment makes me despair
Looking for Pili

YellowSpike

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 06:06:00 PM »

165 was a hell in life.

Yeah...my thoughts exactly. I'm 173 at night, and while it's a great improvement, it's still on the short side. I feel like at 175/176 and above, you might still feel short sometimes, but more often than not, will feel generally average and good about your height.

I want to do external tibias with Dr. Catagni...the only issue is time!!

Knik

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 06:28:56 PM »

Yeah...my thoughts exactly. I'm 173 at night, and while it's a great improvement, it's still on the short side. I feel like at 175/176 and above, you might still feel short sometimes, but more often than not, will feel generally average and good about your height.

I want to do external tibias with Dr. Catagni...the only issue is time!!

we have the same goal / height
How many cm do you want to do ?

Looking for Pili

YellowSpike

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 06:38:49 PM »

we have the same goal / height
How many cm do you want to do ?

I only want 2.5-3m more. Just want to be a strong 5'9" at night. I genuinely think I'd be happy at that point. I'm sure I'll still feel short a good amount of the time, but I know I'd never be seen as objectively short at that point.

Knik

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 06:46:56 PM »

I only want 2.5-3m more. Just want to be a strong 5'9" at night. I genuinely think I'd be happy at that point. I'm sure I'll still feel short a good amount of the time, but I know I'd never be seen as objectively short at that point.

Catagni says he dont accept people who want to do no more than 5 cm
Looking for Pili

YellowSpike

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 07:03:31 PM »

Catagni says he dont accept people who want to do no more than 5 cm

He never said that to me when we've corresponded.

hyong

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 09:59:31 PM »

i am 173 at night,
 but yeah mine complex actually worsen when i moved  to Canada, people here are really taller.
That being said, at 173 i can't really say that mine height have been a Huge handicap , obviously 5'8 does not give me any points..probably..maybe a slight negative.Some women did call me short, but the ones that did were actually just 5'3 or even 5'2 kind of women, Which is so ironic  ::)

i think the fact that i could change mine height......when we know we have the power to change something rather than live with it.
it's hard to get over LL. i think starting height is less of an issue, knowing that we can do something about it really affects the decision making process.

i wish to be 5'10 - 5'11 . i feel that even an inch have a difference, i was wearing boots the other day mine housemate at mine eye level was already looking upwards to me

currently still in the process of saving up to afford a good doc, do it once do it good !!

myloginacct

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 10:43:28 PM »

It honestly seems like half of the members here live in the Dinaric Alps to say 5'9 is short. I've seen comments like that on multiple threads. At least they seem to have diminished in frequency with the years.

Outside of some very specific countries and social circles (White North American/German/British/etc college students), why would anyone feel short at 175cm? To post that in forums where most members started out under 165cm (5'5), and just wanting to have a normal life after breaking their legs, is absurd... By the way, I'm not directing this at you, Theophilo. I have just been reading some old threads and this kind of mentality doesn't help anyone here.

It's one thing if you have BDD at 175~180cm, and it's another to say that's short to the members here.

Scarfex

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 03:03:24 PM »

Come from germany there's definitely girls above 5'7 - 5'8 depends a lot on origin country. In my opinion anything above 5'10 is acceptable. I don't care about this anymore since I'm 6ft now but I always felt really short under 5'10

TIBIKE200

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 04:43:37 PM »

Come from germany there's definitely girls above 5'7 - 5'8 depends a lot on origin country. In my opinion anything above 5'10 is acceptable. I don't care about this anymore since I'm 6ft now but I always felt really short under 5'10

You want to tell me you grew in less than a year 12-13cm? at 17? Yeah... Very believeble
I learned some stuff during this time

Scarfex

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 04:48:03 PM »

I was 174.5 fixed my poor posture which gave 2 inches... I had bad Kyphosis and was growing around 4cm.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:10:44 PM by Scarfex »

TIBIKE200

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 04:49:59 PM »

I was 174.5 fixed my poor posture which gave 2 inches... I had bad Kyphosis and was growing around 4cm.

I think you have it wrong with the conversion.. Like anyone who is from Europe...

You were basically 5'8.7 grew to almost 5'11.

How tall are you in cm now?

Scarfex

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 04:51:34 PM »

I'm slightly above 182.5cm
BTW im 18 now

But if anyone says he feels short at 5'10 I can't understand didn't saw taller girls at that height...

TIBIKE200

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 04:59:51 PM »

So you grew 2-3cm in a year. That is more logical considering your age.
  You sure had a horrible posture if you lost 5cm approx because of forward head posture... Just by solving that you surely look much better.

Now just work on your body (sport/lifting) and you are set for life

Scarfex

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »

So you grew 2-3cm in a year. That is more logical considering your age.
  You sure had a horrible posture if you lost 5cm approx because of forward head posture... Just by solving that you surely look much better.

Now just work on your body (sport/lifting) and you are set for life

Yeah I mentioned that also in one of my previous posts I think. That's exactly what I do now once you hit about 5'10 no one cares about your height sure there are some girls that prefer taller guys but if they just reject you because you're 5'10 they're not gonna worth it. My growth plates are still open but I don't care if I'm done with growing now. One thing I want to add a lot of girls think I'm atleast 6'1 so guessing it's because guys tends to add some inches to their height

TIBIKE200

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 05:37:42 PM »

Yeah I mentioned that also in one of my previous posts I think. That's exactly what I do now once you hit about 5'10 no one cares about your height sure there are some girls that prefer taller guys but if they just reject you because you're 5'10 they're not gonna worth it. My growth plates are still open but I don't care if I'm done with growing now. One thing I want to add a lot of girls think I'm atleast 6'1 so guessing it's because guys tends to add some inches to their height

Yep. I am 171-172 an I get called 175-180 ( I was actually called 180cm tall a few times) all the time. No one thinks I am as tall as my real height.

Knik

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 05:49:10 PM »

My reason : Internet. Also I know that with only one LL I would be taller than 90 % or more women that I see outside (at least in my shoes)
Looking for Pili

Body Builder

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 06:05:59 PM »

My reason? The reality.
1.70-1.75 is not enough for most of men as they still face problems on dating.
The real question is why some people over 1.78-80 want to do LL, not why an 1.70 (5.7) man wants it as 1.70 is just a slight more than the average height of women so it is still not enough for most of men to feel ok.
At least this is the way I see it.

If I was taller than 1.78 I wouldn't do LL. But now at 1.74 evening height my height is still a drawback at dating and I see it every day in my life.

jexus

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 01:34:30 AM »

My reason? The reality.
1.70-1.75 is not enough for most of men as they still face problems on dating.
The real question is why some people over 1.78-80 want to do LL, not why an 1.70 (5.7) man wants it as 1.70 is just a slight more than the average height of women so it is still not enough for most of men to feel ok.
At least this is the way I see it.

If I was taller than 1.78 I wouldn't do LL. But now at 1.74 evening height my height is still a drawback at dating and I see it every day in my life.

I know very well this 1.78 feeling. This is really strange. We are almost at the same height and I'm constantly thinking that 1.78 is the threshold too. 1.75 is okay, not short but 1.78 would be the end of all problems. I'm 1.77-1.76.7 when I wake up and 1.75-1.74,5 before sleep. Especially in the morning, I'm almost 1.78 but I still want to be 1.78. I don't know why I think it is all psychological. When you know "I'm 1.75" you automatically think that it is not that good but when know you are 1.78 you feel completely fine. But I guess that is wrong. For example, when I wear 3cm shoes I'm 1.78 and when I go to the college still there are lots of guys taller than me and I still question my height. The difference of 3 cm is not that much and with thick-soled shoes, we are completely fine at 1.75 I guess.

Also, it would be great to do another LL to be 1.80-1.81 (let's be safe and do 5 or 6 on femurs) but when I think about my torso, my short arms, the money for femurs and the time don't worth it.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

myloginacct

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2018, 05:32:39 AM »

That's because those are women from some of the tallest countries in the world. At 175cm/5'9, you'll be taller than the majority of women in the streets, even in those countries, and even if only by a few centimeters. 5'9 can't, by definition, be short, that being the case. Posts like "In my opinion anything above 5'10 is acceptable" only serve to feed into the height dysphoria of the majority of the members here, the most part who are 5'6 and below. In my opinion, anything above 6'1 is acceptable, as then you'll finally stop having problems not feeling tall compared to the women of the Dinaric Alps.

I know very well this 1.78 feeling. This is really strange. We are almost at the same height and I'm constantly thinking that 1.78 is the threshold too. 1.75 is okay, not short but 1.78 would be the end of all problems. I'm 1.77-1.76.7 when I wake up and 1.75-1.74,5 before sleep. Especially in the morning, I'm almost 1.78 but I still want to be 1.78. I don't know why I think it is all psychological. When you know "I'm 1.75" you automatically think that it is not that good but when know you are 1.78 you feel completely fine. But I guess that is wrong. For example, when I wear 3cm shoes I'm 1.78 and when I go to the college still there are lots of guys taller than me and I still question my height. The difference of 3 cm is not that much and with thick-soled shoes, we are completely fine at 1.75 I guess.

Also, it would be great to do another LL to be 1.80-1.81 (let's be safe and do 5 or 6 on femurs) but when I think about my torso, my short arms, the money for femurs and the time don't worth it.

Are Turkish males taller now too? 175cm seems like a perfectly good height for the country. Do you still get height dysphoria?

Zeo

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2018, 05:58:52 AM »

My reason? The reality.

Your reason: body dysmorphia disorder

Nothing wrong with having it, just admit it and move on. Stop trying to justify it and trying to convince others that its something other than BDD
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Body Builder

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2018, 10:30:51 AM »

Your reason: body dysmorphia disorder

Nothing wrong with having it, just admit it and move on. Stop trying to justify it and trying to convince others that its something other than BDD
Being less than average and think that as a problem is reality, not bdd.
I don't want to comvince anyone, people at about my height know the truth amd thats why the majority of them has a problem with that height which is not bad bad not enough either to feel completely ok.
When I was shorter, like you, I thought that being 1.74-5 would lose all my problems and yes is it a much much better height than 1.68 but still you face problems on dating.
Only after 1.78-80 that kind of problems stop. And this is the harsh reality, not bdd.

Knik

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2018, 01:57:21 PM »

haha turkish average at 175, no way. Turkish average is 5-8
you are overestimating average
Looking for Pili
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up