Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'7 and more who want ll do you know the reason of your complex?  (Read 37112 times)

eldorz

• Visitor
Re: 5'7 and more who want ll do you know the reason of your complex?
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2018, 02:02:30 PM »

First of all, please excuse me for my poor English, I'm not a native one.

Actually, I'm a good looking guy in my early 30 with a varying height problem. Why varying? Simply because I'm not extremely short, and because it often depends on the context.

I'm about 174cm (5'8.5), officially measured by a doctor 5-6 years before at midday (I've a better posture from this time, doing lot of sport and stretching, so maybe one more cm now ?). I actually wear, most of the time, a 2cm (0.75in) 'little help' in my shoes pushing me to 176cm (5'9.3) and feel a lot better, and with a good posture, people often think I am about 177-178cm (5'10).

It depends on the context firstly because I'm from a family of short people (thanks God I'm the taller one!). My brother is only 168cm (5'6.1), my father 170cm (5'7), my sister 153cm (5'0.2) and my mother was 160cm (5'3). So in my young age, taller people (like my 187cm (6'2) brother in law) were an exception and I was not feeling any pain (I remember when I was a child I was even thinking, "I wish I will be 1m75 when I grow up"...).

Things changed when entering in high school. At this time I was about 172cm (7'7.75) I think, wearing super-flat shoes and with a bad posture, and most of the other guys appeared to me as some sort of a new powerful race of giants : most of them were more than 180cm (5'11) and sometimes even 190cm (6'3). It was a first painful feeling for me to be closer to girls than boys.

Two years after, I met my wife. My wife is of course perfect in every ways... 'but' she is 178cm (5'10.1), and from a fkg family of this new 'race of giants'. In this family (which I love, don't worry), girls are 174 (5'8.5), 176 (5'9.3) and 178cm (5'10.1), which is pretty big for girls (just imagine with their 5 to 8cm high heels...), and the men are between 183cm (6ft) to about 187 (6'2), every-one with super good posture. Even the old grandpa was a 185cm (6'1) super-muscular and good posture person. It was my second painful feeling, because I was not even at the same height of girls, and they were sometimes joking about it (gently, very gently, but you know...).

There were many other painful feeling from those two firsts. Young students at university, some trips in Denmark, Germany and Netherland (welcomed by some 175-180cm girls and a 195cm guy, ha-ha thank you), some situations like at the gym when you think you are building a powerful body until you compare with a giant who makes you look like a manlet...

Sometimes I'm close to heal this feeling and feel better for some months. Sometimes I feel good with my height (with the 2cm help in my shoes however). However, sometimes I fall into a new long and painful period, like last weeks. I had a rendezvous with my 178cm (5'10.1) wife, a day she wore 8cm (~3in) heels, who was accompanied by three of her friends : two 175-176cm (~5'9) girls and a super-tall guy of about 2m (6'6 to 6'7), for going to an evening at the opera which was only for younger people (less than 40 years old). And I don't know if it was because of a super-Alpha-rich-and-healthy-superior-young-class, but it was just INSANE, almost everybody was towering me, even girls were often more than 170-175cm and wearing super high-heels (I've even seen 2 or 3 girls at about 185cm) and young guys were super often at 185-190cm+... I was literally swimming in a canyon, i'm pretty sure you understand what i mean. My wife and her friends were in the good shape, not me at all.

So, even if a remember that in my country average men height is about 176cm (5'9.3) and that I have to force myself to feel 'almost normal', I know and I surely feel that it's really not anymore the case and that the young generation is fkgly giant for many of them (of course i have some smaller friends too, i don't deny, but you know...). Problem is that I'm living everyday with those young people.

Therefore, that is why it is varying all the time. But most of the time it remains painful, even if I'm really not a very small guy (in theory).

And as you know, internet never helps. Even for finding some girls : even if you looks handsome, charming and intelligent, if your bio says '1m76' of something like that, most girls will think 'not bad but i surely can find taller' (especially beautiful ones which have a lot of choices). But more than internet, it's my real-life experience which is driving me into this painful feeling for 12 years now, not only a virtual experience.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:23:41 PM by eldorz »
174cm (5'8.5) young man living with giants. Thinking about adding some cm, seeking informations.

Possible final goals : from conservative +5cm (179cm) to maximum +7cm (181cm).

[Actually considering conservative LL between 5 & 6cm + yoga & workout for 1 or 2cm]

eldorz

• Visitor
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2018, 02:21:55 PM »

(sorry for double post, it's a mistake)
174cm (5'8.5) young man living with giants. Thinking about adding some cm, seeking informations.

Possible final goals : from conservative +5cm (179cm) to maximum +7cm (181cm).

[Actually considering conservative LL between 5 & 6cm + yoga & workout for 1 or 2cm]

Johnson1111

« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2018, 02:39:08 PM »

I don't think that being 5'7" is a deterrent in life and I think i'd be able to accomplish everything I set out to do if I wanted to..

However I have an extreme height complex and mental issues do to me being smaller than most people...I feel it's psychological in a way but it's also definitely effected the respect I receive both socially and professionally. Like i'm less taken seriously and i'm not intimidating whatsoever (Not that I want to be) but i'd at least like to be respected.

I understand completely that people who are 5'4" would love to be my height and may need surgery (multiple surgeries) to get here. Although every case is different. I want to change every part of my life to my satisfaction while I can when i'm here on this earth.

I am deeply dissatisfied with being my height and I am obsessed with thinking about it. In my opinion it's a great investment for my mind to move on and focus on other things so I can be happy. I will never truly be happy at this height. There is nothing a psychologist can say to fix me. They do not know my reality. I envy others at my height that are fine.

And btw an ACTUAL 5'9" is not small socially or objectively. The problem is that most guys who are 5'7", 5'8" claim to be 5'9" and it gets engrained in their head. I claimed 5'9" forever and nobody questioned it. The reality is that if people were really 5'9" they'd claim 5'10" or 5'11" and be more satisfied. So alot of it is mental I understand but it doesn't make it any better on my brain.

myloginacct

« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2018, 04:20:29 PM »

I don't think that being 5'7" is a deterrent in life and I think i'd be able to accomplish everything I set out to do if I wanted to..

However I have an extreme height complex and mental issues do to me being smaller than most people...I feel it's psychological in a way but it's also definitely effected the respect I receive both socially and professionally. Like i'm less taken seriously and i'm not intimidating whatsoever (Not that I want to be) but i'd at least like to be respected.

I understand completely that people who are 5'4" would love to be my height and may need surgery (multiple surgeries) to get here. Although every case is different. I want to change every part of my life to my satisfaction while I can when i'm here on this earth.

I am deeply dissatisfied with being my height and I am obsessed with thinking about it. In my opinion it's a great investment for my mind to move on and focus on other things so I can be happy. I will never truly be happy at this height. There is nothing a psychologist can say to fix me. They do not know my reality. I envy others at my height that are fine.

And btw an ACTUAL 5'9" is not small socially or objectively. The problem is that most guys who are 5'7", 5'8" claim to be 5'9" and it gets engrained in their head. I claimed 5'9" forever and nobody questioned it. The reality is that if people were really 5'9" they'd claim 5'10" or 5'11" and be more satisfied. So alot of it is mental I understand but it doesn't make it any better on my brain.

Hey, man, that's fine. Take it easy and take your own time to figure this out.

But of course, do proper research and self-reflecting before throwing yourself at the cheapest doctor available.

yogobro298

• Visitor
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2018, 08:37:52 PM »

I'm also 5'7,but I work around guys who are over 6'0. I definitely know what you mean,I can't help compare my height to someone else  whenever another guy approaches me.I'm always mentally thinking how many more inches taller is he compared to me? I really feel like this whole thing is just getting worse and worse with time. Hopefully i'll have ll done by 2020,I want to be atleast 5'11 not sure how realistic that is though.

myloginacct

« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »

I'm also 5'7,but I work around guys who are over 6'0. I definitely know what you mean,I can't help compare my height to someone else  whenever another guy approaches me.I'm always mentally thinking how many more inches taller is he compared to me? I really feel like this whole thing is just getting worse and worse with time. Hopefully i'll have ll done by 2020,I want to be atleast 5'11 not sure how realistic that is though.

It's not realistic with just one segment. You'd risk losing even more height by becoming wheelchair-bound. You'd be doing either 10cm on tibias or femurs.

Take what you can get. Be realistic. We can't have everything we want in life.

yogobro298

• Visitor
« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2018, 11:13:26 PM »

It's not realistic with just one segment. You'd risk losing even more height by becoming wheelchair-bound. You'd be doing either 10cm on tibias or femurs.

Take what you can get. Be realistic. We can't have everything we want in life.
Well I'm not just going to take anything and settle with it. I mean the sum amount required to do the operation I want to get as much as possible,Yes I'm also aware multiple segments would be required.

Johnson1111

« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2018, 01:24:01 AM »

Well I'm not just going to take anything and settle with it. I mean the sum amount required to do the operation I want to get as much as possible,Yes I'm also aware multiple segments would be required.

From my understanding alot of it is a gametime decision depending on how your body is reacting and recovering during the lengthening phase

wants2growtaller

« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2018, 07:48:04 AM »

You make a lot of valid points. But heightism lookism and  racism ..women face those discrimination as well.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Body Builder

« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2018, 11:03:17 AM »

You make a lot of valid points. But heightism lookism and  racism ..women face those discrimination as well.
Yes they do (not heightism but the others).
But almost no man is so strict on women on whether they are more or less than 60kg or if they have or not blonde hair etc.
On the other hand, the vast majority of women won't date a short man only for his height and the vast majority of women only date men at least 5.9 and many times taller than 5.11.

So women are in reality much more shallow than men on dating, especially when it comes to body requirements.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2018, 05:59:42 PM »

Im a short black woman. And trust me as a short black woman I have faced double the discrimination for my color and for being short. I feel like i get punished way more. It has completely impacted how I can make a living..and what kind of opportunities I can have. SO yes short women do face heightism. Its just  that they face different things..but no heightism is a problem for men and women. Thats why there are men and women doing LL.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

wants2growtaller

« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2018, 09:23:09 PM »

It would be better if short people could unite and fight heightism and lookism.. where we wouldnt have to go through procedure like this to be treated fairly.

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram
« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2018, 09:28:13 PM »

How tall are u? 4'11?
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2018, 11:17:12 PM »

It would be better if short people could unite and fight heightism and lookism.. where we wouldnt have to go through procedure like this to be treated fairly.

If you will be able to reach normal people

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

wants2growtaller

« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2018, 11:34:30 PM »

How is short people not normal people. Our worth is determine by our character not what we look like. Short,, tall..etc we are all human beings.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2018, 12:34:01 AM »

How is short people not normal people. Our worth is determine by our character not what we look like. Short,, tall..etc we are all human beings.

What ur sayin? Can't hear you up there

wants2growtaller

« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2018, 01:14:06 AM »

Oh please. You think those stupid short jokes..affect  me it doesn't. All it shows is that you value superficial things more than character. My worth is not in what I look like. Its character is what matters. Imsorry that your parents didn't love you enough to teach you this valuable lesson. And only insecure people like to start fights with people. Sorry not a bully. Get a life.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2018, 03:03:37 PM »

Sorry not a bully. Get a life.

Oh please. You think those stupid short jokes..affect  me it doesn't. All it shows is that you value superficial things more than character. My worth is not in what I look like. Its character is what matters. Imsorry that your parents didn't love you enough to teach you this valuable lesson. And only insecure people like to start fights with people.

Ironic

Guilt

• Visitor
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2020, 01:42:58 AM »

In my case it was my height being stunted, and it wasn't just a guess of mine. In my case it was confirmed by doctor and health professional that I must have lost a bit of final height because of that. How much exactly? Impossible to know, we're probably talking about 1.5 inch. So, complex? For me the guilt, remorse, resentment towards my teenage self and my parents. The rage of wasting genetics when it would have been different. It scalated from there. If I had not have the issue of my growth being stunted I don't think I'd be here today.

« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2020, 04:39:27 AM »

In my case it was my height being stunted, and it wasn't just a guess of mine. In my case it was confirmed by doctor and health professional that I must have lost a bit of final height because of that. How much exactly? Impossible to know, we're probably talking about 1.5 inch. So, complex? For me the guilt, remorse, resentment towards my teenage self and my parents. The rage of wasting genetics when it would have been different. It scalated from there. If I had not have the issue of my growth being stunted I don't think I'd be here today.

Dude, I talked to lots of doctors and none of them seems to have a clue about it. Unless you talked to a growth hormone specialist or orthopedic doctors, then they are probably just as clueless as we are.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2020, 08:54:10 AM »

How tall are you, Guilt?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2020, 12:58:02 PM »

Yes, I do.

I want to be the best version of myself as aesthetic.
My face and my style are good. The only thing in my body makes me want to kill myself is that the fact that i'm friggin 5'8 1/2.
I love myself, except my height. I love all the other parts of my body.

I just want to lengthen my legs and be the best version of myself.
Not for the damn girls, who cares about girls anyway? I'm not an 1ncel. I care about boys even more (I'm not gay or bi). I have below zero problems about girls.

height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Hagane

« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2020, 05:26:37 AM »

Yes, I do.

I want to be the best version of myself as aesthetic.
My face and my style are good. The only thing in my body makes me want to kill myself is that the fact that i'm friggin 5'8 1/2.
I love myself, except my height. I love all the other parts of my body.

I just want to lengthen my legs and be the best version of myself.
Not for the damn girls, who cares about girls anyway? I'm not an 1ncel. I care about boys even more (I'm not gay or bi). I have below zero problems about girls.

hell yeah bro, its 2020; its all about kings supporting kings
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

a

• 5'9
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2020, 06:00:20 PM »

hell yeah bro, its 2020; its all about kings supporting kings

LOL! I loved this comment. Have a good day!
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2020, 09:55:14 PM »

Dude, I talked to lots of doctors and none of them seems to have a clue about it. Unless you talked to a growth hormone specialist or orthopedic doctors, then they are probably just as clueless as we are.

How do you know you stunted your growth? Based on your parents’ height?

drxboom

« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2020, 10:22:29 PM »

Turkey's average height around 176, including the elderly. it will climb higher in five ten years
170cm goal 177 -178

« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2020, 10:48:03 PM »

How do you know you stunted your growth? Based on your parents’ height?

Let's be real. I can never know for sure. But,

What I know is I suffered from extreme sleep deprivation and depression over long-period which science believes stunt growth.

What I know is that I'm much shorter than my father and same height as my sisters whereas 99% of all guys I know tower over their father and sisters regardless of how short the mothers are.

What I know are a few people who lived their childhood stress-free, slept like a baby and drank lots of milk and are 6' now eventhough their parents and sisters are shorter than mine.

So at this point, there's no reason to believe that I did not stunt my height.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2020, 10:50:13 PM »

Gotta find something to blame beside bad genetics and bad luck. If it helps you cope then good for you
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

drxboom

« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2020, 10:59:40 PM »

Let's be real. I can never know for sure. But,

What I know is I suffered from extreme sleep deprivation and depression over long-period which science believes stunt growth.

What I know is that I'm much shorter than my father and same height as my sisters whereas 99% of all guys I know tower over their father and sisters regardless of how short the mothers are.

What I know are a few people who lived their childhood stress-free, slept like a baby and drank lots of milk and are 6' now eventhough their parents and sisters are shorter than mine.

So at this point, there's no reason to believe that I did not stunt my height.
I know it's hard, whatever we lose, we lose from thinking about the past, as a result it won't change. Probably my adolescence ended at the age of 16 but I'm not thinking about it

170cm goal 177 -178

« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2020, 11:24:45 AM »

"Diminishing returns" in terms of their ability to attract the opposite sxx, sure. But most of the top bodybuilders, models, businessmen, etc don't want to be at the top to attract women. They do it because they want to be better than all the other bodybuilders, models, businessmen, and so on.

Similarly, it's possible that some of these tall people who want this surgery want it because they want to be taller than everyone else. Whether that's a "problem" or not isn't for anyone else to decide. It's their body and their life.

Regarding my posting scientific research on heightism, etc:

As you're probably noticed, I have never, nor will I ever, randomly create doom-and-gloom threads whose sole purpose it is to further damage the self-esteem of the posters here (I haven't made any threads going "look look everyone! look at this new study that proves how hopeless it is for you because you're short!"). My intention isn't to "kick people while they're down" or "drag them down further".

When I post this stuff, it's ALWAYS in response to someone making some positivist claim about how short men can still attract "plenty" of women, how it's "not so bad when you really think about it", basically all sorts of feel-good platitudinous claims that (as far as I've seen) tend to be embellished, no doubt in an attempt to console the depressed and potentially suicidal members the posts are aimed at.

It's not that I "don't understand" the other side. I know what you're trying to do, and I know that you are probably trying to help by doing it. The problem is that what you're doing will ultimately have the opposite effect.

Suppose I stopped debunking the positivity posts, or even joined in and started making posts like those too, talking about how it's not so bad, how things can be great as a short man, you can have plenty of women, post lots of staged videos where short men kiss and fondle paid actresses, and so on. Lots of short guys see these posts and start to feel better. They start to internalize these feel-good delusions, and kind of start to forget about their problems. Hey, maybe being short isn't so bad after all.

When they get off their computer and go back to the real world, they're still short. Heightism hasn't gone away. People are still going to treat them the exact same way they were before. They're still gonna get made fun of by their peers, passed over for promotions at work, rejected by women, etc. Nothing has changed except their "mentality". They're still being discriminated against and treated like sh*t because of their height, and it still makes them miserable. The only difference is that now, they'll try to ignore it or just endure it and keep living their lives in spite of it, resigning themselves to a mediocre or poor quality of life.

Their feel-good delusions don't match their real-life experiences, which will result in cognitive dissonance. After a while, no matter how brainwashed they are, they won't be able to cope anymore, and they'll end up depressed again, and then they'll end up back on this forum, and we're back to square one.

How do I know this? Because this is how real-life """therapy""" works. I know that because I've been through it before. Therapy, especially the increasingly popular "cognitive-behavioral" therapy that is in vogue nowadays, is all about brainwashing the patient with positive affirmations and hoping that these "stick", allowing the patient to cope with whatever they're unhappy with just enough so that they can be a "well-adjusted person", which basically just means they're mentally stable enough to work a 9-to-5 job and take care of themselves rather than applying for disability and living on welfare.

"Therapy" is a lifelong thing. Once you've completed a 6 or so month long "course" of therapy with a mental health professional and they deem you to be "rehabilitated", you'll get sent on your way with a request to "check back" in around 3 or so months to "touch base". What this means is they need to check whether your indoctrination is still holding strong or if you need some more, because psychologists are well aware that problems "treated" by therapy recur in virtually every case.

This is what will happen if we start circlejerking and trying to console each other. We'll brainwash each other into thinking heightism's not so bad, until we go out there and see that yes, it kind of IS that bad, and then we end up back here again, where we'll once again get brainwashed, and the cycle continues in that way.

Ultimately, we accomplish absolutely nothing other than waste each other's time - time that we'll never be able to get back, that could've been used working together towards an actual SOLUTION that would solve the problem once and for all.

Regarding the alternatives to CLL:

I've been planning to do just that. I've been compiling research and information I've seen about them from other sites and their own sites, though I've faced some difficulty (Dr. Teplyashin is Russian, and his site is in Russian). Once I've got all this stuff prepared, I will post about them.

Do yourself a favor and work through some 3rd grade grammar and spelling books when you're in the recovery phase. You have the writing ability of a 9 year old, and it's only going to be more embarrassing once you're taller.

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2020, 12:15:12 PM »

It’s not unusual to be shorter than your father if your mother is really short. Did you try using the following formula?
- Add the mother's height and the father's height in either inches or centimeters.
- Add 5 inches (13 centimeters) for boys or subtract 5 inches (13 centimeters) for girls.
- Divide by two.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up