Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL and Lifts  (Read 2476 times)

dvan0

• Visitor
LL and Lifts
« on: April 08, 2016, 05:57:33 AM »

Has anyone continued to wear lifts after limb lengthening? It seems it would help if one did femur lengthening as it would make the tibias look longer.

berkeclor123

Re: LL and Lifts
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 07:13:43 AM »

I'm still going to wear 1" lifts after my LL which will put me at 6'1.
current height: 175 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
goal height: 183 cm

aspirant185

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 09:44:03 PM »

I'm still going to wear 1" lifts after my LL which will put me at 6'1.

Isnt the whole idea of LL to regain your confidence and never have to think about height again ? I am also 175 ilke you at the moment and my goal is 183 too...I can reach 185 with normal formal shoes or even 187 with AirMax 90, but will never resort to artificial means of increasing height again :) I mean , think about it, the embarassment of being caught with that lifts significantly outweighs the ''gains'' of being 6'1 as oppsoed to 6'0
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Lgazer

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 10:25:08 PM »

Most LL candidates are lift users... it's possible they will continue to be so

eldorz

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 08:50:36 AM »

I know this topic is old, but it remains interesting.

I wear a small 0.8" (2cm) lift in my 2cm thick shoes almost everydays, and it gives me a lot more confidence. I think 2cm is a good compromise because there is not too much difference when it becomes necessary to take out your shoes. In addition, those lifts are extremely confortable.

The point of beeing LL for me is to free me from my height phobia and also from the risk of beeing caught with the lift, so if I achieve my 180-181cm goal, the point is to remove them most of the time. Especially in my family and with friends, because I will probably not tell them that I did the surgery. They are so much used to see me with my artificial height for years of about 178cm (and not my actual 174), that if i go to 180-181, my best bet in family will be to buy some 1cm flat shoes, to remove the lift, and walking most of the time bare foot and without searching the best posture. They might however notice something like 2 or 3 cm of increase, but i think I'll tell them that my back needed to be corrected with kinesitherapy, which could explain the 2/3cm difference.

The rest of the days I hope I will remove the lifts and choose shoes I like and not always thick and tall ones.

The only times I may put the 2cm lift in my shoes may be for very special nights (like at the opera), special date with a very tall girl or a trip to germanic/nordic countries, may be.

But the goal here is really to remove them at least 95% of the time, to feel almost "healed".
174cm (5'8.5) young man living with giants. Thinking about adding some cm, seeking informations.

Possible final goals : from conservative +5cm (179cm) to maximum +7cm (181cm).

[Actually considering conservative LL between 5 & 6cm + yoga & workout for 1 or 2cm]

short2tall

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 08:29:09 PM »

I agree with you on this 100% eldorz. We had the same starting height, and I also used to wear 2cm lifts. I don't think I will need the additional height from the lifts after I'm done lengthening, but it would help balance out the tibias and femurs. I also plan to wear very thin shoes around family and friends for a while, since they are used to seeing me several cm taller than I actually was. I think they still might notice though. However it will be nice to be able to wear shoes that we like, rather than just choosing the thickest ones!
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

eldorz

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 07:22:40 AM »

I agree with you on this 100% eldorz. We had the same starting height, and I also used to wear 2cm lifts. I don't think I will need the additional height from the lifts after I'm done lengthening, but it would help balance out the tibias and femurs. I also plan to wear very thin shoes around family and friends for a while, since they are used to seeing me several cm taller than I actually was. I think they still might notice though. However it will be nice to be able to wear shoes that we like, rather than just choosing the thickest ones!

Oh yes, you're right, i forgot the tibia/femur balance. In case of a really too long femur the lift could be good for visually lengthening the tibia.

Apart from that, maybe the small ~2-3cm lifts are more often used by men who are 'almost average', like between 170 and 175, because close to that threshold height, it helps to 'just keep the head out of water'. I know that where i live 175 is an important psychological frontiere because it has been the official average for a long time (even if in real life it's a little higher in general and a lot higher with young people which i am one), and with only 2cm i go from under 175 to above 175 .
174cm (5'8.5) young man living with giants. Thinking about adding some cm, seeking informations.

Possible final goals : from conservative +5cm (179cm) to maximum +7cm (181cm).

[Actually considering conservative LL between 5 & 6cm + yoga & workout for 1 or 2cm]
Pages: [1]   Go Up