Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why height so important in society ?  (Read 9636 times)

Knik

Why height so important in society ?
« on: April 12, 2016, 11:14:24 AM »

Like many here the height haunts me
but I also see that this obsession is the indirect result of what we see on TV, in books or movies
Why people gives this importance to height ?
I can understand that for the sport either an asset but why actors and singers lie ? I struggle to see how 5-10 cm can make more or less beautiful, attractive, charismatic, imposing
talent does not come from height
There I just saw my father puts TV, and what do I see? Another woman who recounts his romantic encounter with a tall guy apparently 1.96m

Why this interest for tall people as if they were superior to us? (For example in my family everyone is entranced by my cousin who is 1m60 to 10 years -it is already too hairy as a 16yo boy- | they hope she exceeds 1.80m, but I thought that being too great for a girl was a bad thing but apparently not)

What are your thoughts / theories about that?
Looking for Pili

Knik

Re: Why height so important in society ?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:22:05 AM »

I have another question for African, Asian, South American. Is this "cult of height" also present and important ?
Looking for Pili

chineseguy

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 01:11:28 PM »

china and korea is very important to height. korean and northern chinese are the tallest asian. my parents are northern chinese from shandong and shanxi and all relatives.
Many have the news of leg surgery here but many got disable.   So I dont want to do the surgery locally.   I dont know why height is so important.

In my company i work,  girls tall are easily accepted and beautiful girls,  tall beautiful girls pass easily, very unfair.

male who has a (国字脸 country word for face chinese,  the 国 has a rectangle character,  this is describe to man with rectangular face usually with pointed chin and are said to be handsome),, dont know how to translate it to english. they are also easily accepted and those who are 170  cm  above male with good face and good college.   

I was accepted because I can speak English . I stay in Singapore for a year before. That is where I learn English and still learning it.    In China, my english is already good.

I always wear sneakerboot airmax with (内增高). five cm shoe pad which only give 4cm when stepping.  if i wear this,   i am same tall with those 172 cm male and same with my 173cm dad. dad became small by one cm.
There is this one time my boss will treat work mate to a buffer but require to remove shoes when enter.   I didnt enter and say to boss that I am goin home because I say my mom send wechat message that I need to go home to buy some things. When removing shoes, I am really fearing.

高富帅 tall rich handsome are the most welcome male people in china.

Tall is different in area. there is difference in height between  北方人 northern people and 南方人 southern people,  describe for northenr and southern chinese.  175 cm is consider tall in southern china but not in northern china.
In southern china,   175 cm is consider tall but average in norther china. need to be 180 consider tall. 170 cm is consider tall  during my dad and mom time in northern china.

Not only height is important or college or english or face here but skin color too.   Chinese love white people very much and they take pictures with them.  Black people are being discriminate. 

I have a south korea friend before when I was in shandong before.  he say he is shock chinese are taller than south korean, south korea have average of 173- 175cm written in baidu.   I say to him that only northern china are tall.

From what he say,  it can be see that height is also important in south korea.

LL in 2018

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 01:17:14 PM »

Its an evolutionary thing

LL in 2018

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 01:26:06 PM »

When people were ape tall ones would get the female apes because they were strong . They had better chance of making bigger offsping which would survive easily . So females liked tall ones. It is still hard coded in human female brains that tall ones are better mates.

But, the main concern here is are you desperate enough to gamble with your legs to become taller . i think i am .

Knik

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 01:31:35 PM »

china and korea is very important to height. korean and northern chinese are the tallest asian. my parents are northern chinese from shandong and shanxi and all relatives.
Many have the news of leg surgery here but many got disable.   So I dont want to do the surgery locally.   I dont know why height is so important.

In my company i work,  girls tall are easily accepted and beautiful girls,  tall beautiful girls pass easily, very unfair.

male who has a (国字脸 country word for face chinese,  the 国 has a rectangle character,  this is describe to man with rectangular face usually with pointed chin and are said to be handsome),, dont know how to translate it to english. they are also easily accepted and those who are 170  cm  above male with good face and good college.   

I was accepted because I can speak English . I stay in Singapore for a year before. That is where I learn English and still learning it.    In China, my english is already good.

I always wear sneakerboot airmax with (内增高). five cm shoe pad which only give 4cm when stepping.  if i wear this,   i am same tall with those 172 cm male and same with my 173cm dad. dad became small by one cm.
There is this one time my boss will treat work mate to a buffer but require to remove shoes when enter.   I didnt enter and say to boss that I am goin home because I say my mom send wechat message that I need to go home to buy some things. When removing shoes, I am really fearing.

高富帅 tall rich handsome are the most welcome male people in china.

Tall is different in area. there is difference in height between  北方人 northern people and 南方人 southern people,  describe for northenr and southern chinese.  175 cm is consider tall in southern china but not in northern china.
In southern china,   175 cm is consider tall but average in norther china. need to be 180 consider tall. 170 cm is consider tall  during my dad and mom time in northern china.

Not only height is important or college or english or face here but skin color too.   Chinese love white people very much and they take pictures with them.  Black people are being discriminate. 

I have a south korea friend before when I was in shandong before.  he say he is shock chinese are taller than south korean, south korea have average of 173- 175cm written in baidu.   I say to him that only northern china are tall.

From what he say,  it can be see that height is also important in south korea.

From what you say, it looks almost worse than in Europe
in Europe 175 cm (5'9) is average height - average is between 5'8/5'9 and 6'1/6'3
there is big differences between poor and rich people ?
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 01:41:45 PM »

When people were ape tall ones would get the female apes because they were strong . They had better chance of making bigger offsping which would survive easily . So females liked tall ones. It is still hard coded in human female brains that tall ones are better mates.

But, the main concern here is are you desperate enough to gamble with your legs to become taller . i think i am .

if I knew that the operation was going to destroy my body I not think about even
but I would be sad
I do not think that psychologically the operation is harder than the other surgeries
it is more risky, but it does not leave more than physical or psychological traces than other surgeries

Looking for Pili

chineseguy

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 02:14:31 PM »

the provincial area in fujian where i grow up are much smaller than me , im 167 cm.  the people in the province are like 163 to 165cm for my age. smaller for old people.   in the city like xiamen where I am now living and grow,  it seems a lot of 173 cm kids

i think it is same too in northern china like beijing,   but i have never go there. i remeber medium drink of water say he is in the province area of beijing and he say average male there is like same with him and he is  170 cm before surgery.

northern is taller by 5 cm to southern people.

China average height is only 170 cm because southern chinese people pull heights of the country. southern chinese people are many comapre to north

Here in xiamen, i saw a lot of white people and it looks like they are around 170 to 180cm.  I also a few small white. 165cm to 170cm.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:35:03 PM by chineseguy »

Knik

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 02:50:23 PM »

the provincial area in fujian where i grow up are much smaller than me , im 167 cm.  the people in the province are like 163 to 165cm for my age. smaller for old people.   in the city like xiamen where I am now living and grow,  it seems a lot of 173 cm kids

i think it is same too in northern china like beijing,   but i have never go there. i remeber medium drink of water say he is in the province area of beijing and he say average male there is like same with him and he is  170 cm before surgery.

China average height is only 170 cm because southern chinese people pull heights of the country. southern chinese people are many comapre to north

Here in xiamen, i saw a lot of white people and it looks like they are around 170 to 180cm.  I also a few small white. 165cm to 170cm.

so, your're not so short in China ?
Looking for Pili

chineseguy

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 03:09:40 PM »

short in southern china, very short in northern china

Chris

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 03:22:29 PM »

Why this interest for tall people as if they were superior to us?

Because taller people feel superior to us  ;)

It's an evolutionary leftover and hard-coded into our brains.
That's why we can't really blame anyone for thinking like that.

But there is also the industry and their media, who very successfully tailor their ads to our basic instincts.
They have turned our pop-cultures into manipulated reflections of our societies, showing us exaggerated images of what we instinctively want to have.
Those exaggerated images are purposely hard(er) to achieve to the average person, which gives our societies the constant impression of imperfection and discontent towards everything and everybody who doesn't fit these images.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Knik

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 06:30:16 PM »

Because taller people feel superior to us  ;)

It's an evolutionary leftover and hard-coded into our brains.
That's why we can't really blame anyone for thinking like that.

But there is also the industry and their media, who very successfully tailor their ads to our basic instincts.
They have turned our pop-cultures into manipulated reflections of our societies, showing us exaggerated images of what we instinctively want to have.
Those exaggerated images are purposely hard(er) to achieve to the average person, which gives our societies the constant impression of imperfection and discontent towards everything and everybody who doesn't fit these images.

why tall people feel superior ?
and from how many cm is it tall?
Looking for Pili

Chris

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 07:33:57 PM »

why tall people feel superior ?
and from how many cm is it tall?

Taller men are feeling superior, because nature has hard-coded it into their brains.
Short men are not considered a threat by other (taller) men. You're not even considered as equal if you are too short. It all happens subconsciously.
Taller women don't see shorter men as protectors. You're not even a "real man" to them if you're too short. However, some taller women might think you're cute, because of their motherly instincts.
To be shorter than most women is unnatural to both, taller men and women, and nature will treat you accordingly.

Tall is defined as everything above average.
If the average height for males in a society is 180cm, this is the point from where they are considered as tall.
If most of these tall men are <=192cm, then our brains will tell us that very man below 180cm is short and less than 168cm is too short.
It's because our brains love to divide things into even parts.
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Max

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 06:22:36 AM »

It's been almost an year since this height thingy and its importance has actually struck me. Height is very important not the most of course but it's something which will make things easier for you trust me it will . People always go for the better generally and taller people are taken more seriously than the shorter ones I kid you not and this just happens . I feel  very sad because of this it's amazing to be tall for someone who was short earlier I mean he like literally realises the subtle differences feels great I used a 1 inch shoe lift and I swear I felt better . Now all that I just said was just some stuff I feel happens and sucks , answering your question
•It's not about being tall I mean it does not work like this that the taller you are the better it's basically about hitting the awesome height range
•More height appears or say associates itself with more power similarly how more bulk associates strength which as a matter of fact is wrong
 •lastly I want to ask how would you want to be super fat or slim ? Here I won't ask why slim and why not fat since it's just is slim is better (mostly)
I hope this was a little helpful 😄

wants2growtaller

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 08:24:28 PM »

Its because human beings operate under carnal law instead of spiritual law. We believe that equality is not to be given by everyone. Its something that a person has to 'earn.'' ANd we are under legalism. Which means that everything a person has..a person has to work for it. A person has to prove he or she is worthy of equality or superiority. There are only two ways in our world  to be treated as equal. A person either has to prove their superiority or a group of marginalize people have to fight for acceptance and approval.  This is the law of the jungle. Survivle of the fittest. A dog eat dog world. That's the world we live in. Things like character, integrity, mercy, compassion, grace and forgiveness doesn't work in carnal law. The draw backs to carnality is that it destroys humanity. It doesn't allow for "Weaker" people to thrive. It destroys them.  So that why human beings keep on having so much discrimination and oppression. Other minority group that gained acceptance in our society all had a weakness in them. For women..they  are considered physically weaker than men. So women had to have the feminist movement...to overcome their inherently weakness. For black people..the arab slave trade..trans atlantic slave trade..they were considered weak so they also have to fight for equality. What ends up happening are things like systemic oppression.. mental health issues, chronic poverty,  discrimination.  Its also because we rely on our senses too much. We don't value character as much. How many commercials do we see talking about loving others, kindness,,empathy, compassion..we don't see those things..because we don't value these traits as much as we do physical beauty.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

wants2growtaller

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 08:26:28 PM »

Its also because we have always pre judged people based on appearance. And we have made it acceptable to judge people. So we judge the person based on what we see instead of who they are. Physical height is really a minor reflection of the entire person. But we don't want to get to know the person. So we rather be judgemental. But judgemental leads to prejudice, and treating people more or less on factors they can not control.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

wants2growtaller

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 08:33:10 PM »

The media and the majority plays a major role on how we treat people. Majority rules. If the world was mostly short than short people would rule. The media IS heightism. From the sports, movies, music, fashion its all heightism. It rewards tall people with success, happiness, social life, health. And it punishes people who are not tall by completely eliminating them from the picture. We are being conditioned and brainwash everyday. That's why I am stopping all tv shows, movies etc. Its promoting a hierarchy based on physical attributes, and eugenics.

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 03:29:38 AM »

Its because human beings operate under carnal law instead of spiritual law. We believe that equality is not to be given by everyone. Its something that a person has to 'earn.'' ANd we are under legalism. Which means that everything a person has..a person has to work for it. A person has to prove he or she is worthy of equality or superiority. There are only two ways in our world  to be treated as equal. A person either has to prove their superiority or a group of marginalize people have to fight for acceptance and approval.  This is the law of the jungle. Survivle of the fittest. A dog eat dog world. That's the world we live in. Things like character, integrity, mercy, compassion, grace and forgiveness doesn't work in carnal law. The draw backs to carnality is that it destroys humanity. It doesn't allow for "Weaker" people to thrive. It destroys them.  So that why human beings keep on having so much discrimination and oppression. Other minority group that gained acceptance in our society all had a weakness in them. For women..they  are considered physically weaker than men. So women had to have the feminist movement...to overcome their inherently weakness. For black people..the arab slave trade..trans atlantic slave trade..they were considered weak so they also have to fight for equality. What ends up happening are things like systemic oppression.. mental health issues, chronic poverty,  discrimination.  Its also because we rely on our senses too much. We don't value character as much. How many commercials do we see talking about loving others, kindness,,empathy, compassion..we don't see those things..because we don't value these traits as much as we do physical beauty.

The media and the majority plays a major role on how we treat people. Majority rules. If the world was mostly short than short people would rule. The media IS heightism. From the sports, movies, music, fashion its all heightism. It rewards tall people with success, happiness, social life, health. And it punishes people who are not tall by completely eliminating them from the picture. We are being conditioned and brainwash everyday. That's why I am stopping all tv shows, movies etc. Its promoting a hierarchy based on physical attributes, and eugenics.

A simple 'Tall is better than short' would be just fine :)

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 03:31:20 AM »

Taller men are feeling superior, because nature has hard-coded it into their brains.
Short men are not considered a threat by other (taller) men. You're not even considered as equal if you are too short. It all happens subconsciously.
Taller women don't see shorter men as protectors. You're not even a "real man" to them if you're too short. However, some taller women might think you're cute, because of their motherly instincts.
To be shorter than most women is unnatural to both, taller men and women, and nature will treat you accordingly.

Tall is defined as everything above average.
If the average height for males in a society is 180cm, this is the point from where they are considered as tall.
If most of these tall men are <=192cm, then our brains will tell us that very man below 180cm is short and less than 168cm is too short.
It's because our brains love to divide things into even parts.

Feeling? They're physically indeed superior, pal.

Sanity

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 04:18:48 PM »

chinese among the tallest asian? wat about pakistani's? they are among the tallest asians i guess if not the tallest.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

Ascending

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2018, 04:55:47 PM »

During childhood you look up to your parents - literally - and you accept being lead, managed, protected and even disciplined by them.  I guess it is not too far a leap to think that there maybe a subconscious bias when you are an adult that you still perceive being taller as sign of authority.
Perhaps why tall presidents and CEOs are common.  Taller is seen as more adult-like perhaps?  Shorter is definitely seen as more child-like.

Astronomy

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2019, 08:02:19 PM »

5厘米夸张了,有些南方的省份不输北方,比如江苏上海浙江甚至安徽(北部),5cm这种是把山东北京北方平均较高的省份和南方较矮的省份四川贵州这种进行比较才会有这种差距,其他一般比较下来最多不超过2cm
5cm is exaggerated.Some southern provinces wont lose northern ones in height,such as jiangsu shanghai zhejiang anhui(northern).Only shandong beijing can prove taller 5cm than the shorter southern provinces like sichuan guizhou.

Astronomy

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 08:05:41 PM »

chinese among the tallest asian? wat about pakistani's? they are among the tallest asians i guess if not the tallest.
Ther are shorther than beijingeses shandongeses and north-easteses of China actually.Their young mans'average height,I have ever seen,is 173cm.So Chineses are very tall in Asia actually.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 06:06:11 PM »

Height is very important in this world because we are living in a eugenics time. That means the people who have the strongest genetics, will thrive and the weaker ones will be left behind. This is survival of the fittest. The carnal nature. We now demand for people to be successful the y must have it all. Good looks, good personality as well. Long gone are the days of unattractive person with good personalities thriving. Our society is now being a reflection of hollywood. Where we worship outer beauty and talent. This is the world we are in. No room for empathy and compassion. We treat people based on what we see

Canon

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 07:54:25 PM »

Because good height is rare as well as skinny girls who look like models. Most men aren't that tall and most women are overweight.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 09:42:54 PM »

Its also has to do with the images that hollywood gives us. The entertainment industry consciously and subconsciously shape our idea of beauty. And a good height is crucial to beauty standards. There is a tremendous amount of emphasis placed in beauty in  the entertainment industry and business. So people are conditioned to believe that physical beauty is not only important in dating but also in social status.

Sanity

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2019, 01:08:25 PM »

There is some truth to it, as height has an impact on all of us, and then there is an exagerated addition by the media/hollywood.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

shottrue

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2019, 04:11:07 PM »

I think there is also another idea. Height commands authority. We are basically animals capable of violence, and the taller someone is the better they would be in a physical confrontation. I think this conveys a subconscious value to what that person says (he could win in a fight).

Look at this guy

If you actually watch how the judges react to him, and nick cannon from the beginning, they basically dislike him / don't respect him from the beginning. At the very end even Howard Stern is acknowledging him (who is very tall and famous).
But as I watched this the women did not like them telling him what to do, were more confrontational. Near the end of the trick where he hides Mel B's phone, you can see she is holding his wrist downward like she is controlling or demanding him.

I also had a job at UPS, where the supervisors were all very tall. I found it very stupid, the main manager was not tall but like 5'9. Anyways this guy was 6'5 and was given a supervisor job after a few weeks over people that worked there for months. Height commands some authority and I think that is why we fetishize it for looks/attractiveness.
The modeling business is kind of ass backwards as women are like 5'11 but how is it preferable for women to be more commanding/authoritative in typical gender roles?

Of course there are many men who could beat up men taller than them, but nowadays its not about vilence but about appearance and on a shallow level a taller men would seem more threatening.
Anyways I just wanted to share this idea. Do not take these principles to heart because most places don't act like that UPS place, height is not a symbol of guaranteed respect and we fetishize it nowadays because women are illogical

4cms

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2019, 06:20:01 PM »

You really should watch mma, Other than Jon Jones tall men get their ass beat all the time.
Also When a shorter man beats a taller man he would later command more respect from all who seen it take place.

One thing you should pay attention too is that whilst taller men may have the reach, Shorter men with skill are better placed to strike the chin because it's at a perfect angle and view and the shorter man can easily tuck his chin in to make it even harder for it to be a target.

There's nothing more beautiful in life than seeing a skilled and trained shorter fighter out strike and bully the taller man in a fight.
Wrestling is also something that shorter men should train.
Pages: [1]   Go Up