Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's the biggest factor holding you back?

Not sure if height gain is worth the potential permanent complications
- 6 (30%)
Haven't decided which surgeon and/or method would be best
- 4 (20%)
Don't have the money needed for surgery and post-op care
- 6 (30%)
Schedule conflicts
- 3 (15%)
Other
- 1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the main thing holding you back from doing limb lengthening right now?  (Read 1760 times)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

It might be a combination of the above, but for the sake of the poll choose the biggest factor that holds you back from doing it.

I chose 'Other' because a situation is holding me back in the states temporarily. I finally got my visa approved for India but my landlord just threw a wrench into everything by saying she wants to sell the house, and since I'm leasing a room month to month I need to find a place and move everything before I can book my flight.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Blackhawk

All of these were the biggest factor to me at some point but after some of the discussions lately I don't know if it will be worth it if I got f*cked up for the rest of my life.  I am glad I didn't have the time last year to go to India.  I will probably save for a couple years so I can go with a good surgeon.  Also now I am considering doing external to avoid the knee problems but that's a long time with frames on. 

mediocre

My job. Can't easily get a leave.

Taller

I think femurs would be best for my proportions, but, internals, unfortunately, cost a fortune, and there's absolutely no way I will do external femurs. It will take me ages to save up 50k as a college student, but I am trying to find a way.

Sometimes, though, I'm tempted to lengthen my tibiae 5cm for ~20k, with Dr. Barinov, but my tibiae are already long so I'm afraid I'd look obviously disproportionate. I don't know how so many veterans still look proportionate with 6.5 CM+ on tibiae  when many of them had normal femur to tibia ratios to start out with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up