Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Money is the biggest hurdle to lls, at least for me  (Read 4260 times)

Brightstar

• Visitor
Money is the biggest hurdle to lls, at least for me
« on: April 17, 2016, 04:04:46 AM »

Hey friends, I'm new to the forum and I'm sure most of you guys can acknowledge how I ended up logging into this wonderful forum.
Like the title says money is the biggest hurdle for me because I'm just a college undergrad who gets minimum wage, plus I don't come from a rich family background.
I don't blame my parents for my short height or the lack of fund; I love them with all my heart and I know they have done everything for me.
To be a modest person and a proud son for my parents, the last thing i would do is ask them for huge amount og money for cosmetic reasons.
If i can wisely plan out school, work and studying together, i think i can get about a $1000 per month at most.
My plan is to graduate college a semester early and take about 7 months doing lls, before getting into medical school. That gives me about 1 year to save up money, which means I would end up with an insufficient amount of fund for lls (I'm hoping to save up around $12-14k).
I was wondering where can I get the most cost effective (considering the amount of money I will have which is less than $15k) lls?
I've done some clicking around past postings but it seems like the price has only gone up in the last couple years (feels like the price will keep going up).
I know it sounds implausible to get lls with such low funds, but please enlighten me with suggestions.
Hope all of you have a great day  :D

ub40

Re: Money is the biggest hurdle to lls, at least for me
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 03:07:11 PM »

with living costs such as hotel and food 30k CAD is a good amount with the cheaper doctors. Maybe 20-25k USD
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Knik

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 03:33:18 PM »

for me too because i dont work
but i imagine for someone in poor country, LL is impossible
Looking for Pili

Brightstar

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:18:41 PM »

When the plans I made consolidate, I'm gonna try to email a bunch of doctors throughout the world and hopefully I can get a good deal.

Chris

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 09:08:22 PM »

Hello Brightstar  :)

I'm a graduate student and I'm planing to do LL with 13.000€  (~14.700USD) in January 2017.
I will be going to Russia or India, haven't decided on that yet, but doing LL with this amount is feasible.
If I go to Russia, I will lengthen at home.
I've been working part-time to earn enough money for my first surgery and I will take a student loan to finance my second surgery one year later.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Knik

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 09:27:59 PM »

Hello Brightstar  :)

I'm a graduate student and I'm planing to do LL with 13.000€  (~14.700USD) in January 2017.
I will be going to Russia or India, haven't decided on that yet, but doing LL with this amount is feasible.
If I go to Russia, I will lengthen at home.
I've been working part-time to earn enough money for my first surgery and I will take a student loan to finance my second surgery one year later.

Same here but i hope to do in Italy

What about language bareer ? In India they speak english but in Russia ?
Looking for Pili

berkeclor123

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 03:41:02 AM »

If you don't have 30k saved, don't even think about LL. Even for 30k that will get you 3rd world country service/surgery.
current height: 175 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
goal height: 183 cm

Chris

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »

If you don't have 30k saved, don't even think about LL. Even for 30k that will get you 3rd world country service/surgery.
That is not true at all.
I'm a real LL-patient.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 10:03:55 AM »

That is not true at all.
25k is more accurate, just in case some goes wrong and requires some additional treatment. Your 13700 euros is not enough to be safe, try get at least 20 000.
Lengthening at home is a really bad idea, you clearly underestimate this surgery. Be a little more patient and take some time off before you do this.

Chris

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 05:55:22 PM »

Lengthening at home is a really bad idea, you clearly underestimate this surgery. Be a little more patient and take some time off before you do this.

My next opportunity to do LL would be in March 2018, there is no way I could wait that much longer.
I will be having some more money by January 2017 actually, but I'm very sure that I wont have to spend more than 13000 Euros (total).

Regarding lengthening at home: I don't understand why so many people are afraid it.
There is no difference whether I am at home and visit a doctor every 1 or 2 weeks or whether I am in a rented apartment somewhere in a forging country and pay the doctor a visit every 1 or 2 weeks. Same time - different place, that is all.

I'm certainly not underestimating this surgery. I know and I understand the risks, and I'm desperate enough to say yes to LL, even in a second or third world country.
Lengthening at home saves a lot of money. Additionally, I will have the comfort of my home and the help of my family. And maybe I can even do some school stuff too.
If something went wrong, I could still fly back to Russia (or India) and have it fixed.

I'm a real LL-patient.

Chris

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »

Same here but i hope to do in Italy

What about language bareer ? In India they speak english but in Russia ?

Most of the nurses don't, but as long as the Russian doctors speak English well enough, I don't see any issues  :)
I'm a real LL-patient.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 09:38:06 PM »

My next opportunity to do LL would be in March 2018, there is no way I could wait that much longer.
I will be having some more money by January 2017 actually, but I'm very sure that I wont have to spend more than 13000 Euros (total).

Regarding lengthening at home: I don't understand why so many people are afraid it.
There is no difference whether I am at home and visit a doctor every 1 or 2 weeks or whether I am in a rented apartment somewhere in a forging country and pay the doctor a visit every 1 or 2 weeks. Same time - different place, that is all.

I'm certainly not underestimating this surgery. I know and I understand the risks, and I'm desperate enough to say yes to LL, even in a second or third world country.
Lengthening at home saves a lot of money. Additionally, I will have the comfort of my home and the help of my family. And maybe I can even do some school stuff too.
If something went wrong, I could still fly back to Russia (or India) and have it fixed.

You are supposed to stay close to the Dr who performed the surgery. At least for the time of distraction, after the externals are locked you can fly home without the risks of ending up with crooked legs.
Just think about the case that something goes wrong and you can´t afford the fixing. March 2018 doesn´t sound too bad imo.
Better safe than sorry.

Brightstar

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 01:44:26 AM »

What happened to Chinese doctors? There price skyrocketed in last couple years. I also saw few guys saying that the Chinese doctors offer 1/3 of the price to the locals... meaning the expense for everything can be covered by 1/3 of the price that they ask us  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up