Hello OldiebutGoldie. It's great that You recovered well after such a huge operation. You're one of my idols here!
I have some questions to You.
1. As far as I understood You have broken or bended Your nail. Why that happend? Did You do some exercises that are not recommended, or did You began to "live normaly" to early?
2. What type of nail were You using? Was it Betzbone? Do You think Dr. Betz have some better nail nowadays? Which type is "hardest" in Your opinion?
3. How do You rank Dr. Betz? Is he a type of doctor that tells You the whole truth, or do You have to ask about everything, and care for yourself, or You will be forgotten?
4. What is the biggest gain possible with Dr. Betz? I've read on "the old forum" his interview, where he claims that it's 13,5cm in femurs.
5. Do You have some bad experiences with "the old forum"?
If You think any of the answers for my questions should not be written publicly, please write it in PM.
1. Wrong. Broken screws, not nails. Probably too much walking and other activity. Did not do anything stupid, like lifting heavy etc...
2. Betzbone. Don´t know anything about new or other nails...
3. I think he is an excellent surgeon. He is also extremely busy. He will do the best he can in order to assist when problems occur, but don´t expect him to always be around. He is a human being and cannot be everywhere at the same time.
One critical remark: Dr. Betz might be too overly optimistic in general. He truely believes he can perform surgery on anyone and will always have a good result. But there are patients who should not get this surgery (e.g., if you are mentally unstable).
It`s good to be super-optimistic but it is not bad to be realistic, too...
4. Don´t know. I personally know guys who have done 10cm and they seem to be ok. Depends on your body and how much your body will take...
5. Well, a little. don´t wanna go into detail here.