Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OldieButGoldie Internal Femurs - Dr. Betz - 2013  (Read 38652 times)

OldieButGoldie

OldieButGoldie Internal Femurs - Dr. Betz - 2013
« on: February 11, 2014, 02:41:05 PM »

Hi guys,
I just posted something in my diary on old forum  -responding to somebody´s question about physiotherapy during recovery- , and I thought I might as well post it here, too, in order to get the diary also going on this forum:

"Hey OBG, how much physiotherapy do you undergo during recovery? Is it the same as lengthening where you do 3 sessions per week or has it reduced to 1 session?
Thanks
"

I haven´t done any PT at all. I know it sounds crazy but that´s the way it is. If you have a skilled PT guy, PT will definitely help a lot. I only had guys who didn´t know shi* about LL and didn´t know what to do with me. This only got me frustrated. Thus, during lengthening, I only asked them to give me a massage. After lengthening, I didn´t even bother to go see the PT guys any more. I actually did the whole LL thing without a single real PT session. I only bicycled, walked a lot, worked out, went dancing (good for the hip muscles) and tried to stretch a little. But I even skipped the stretching completely a few weeks after  finishing lengthening. It seems like the muscles get stretched by all the activities I mentioned. Well, whatever, it worked out fine for me. It just came back from 7 days of snowboarding and skiing, was on the slopes every day and felt very safe.
I will upload a video of it later this week.
OBG

OldieButGoldie

Re: OldieButGoldie Internal Femurs - Dr. Betz - 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 08:54:32 PM »

new x-rays today. 9 months after surgery, 6 months into consolidation.

Here comes the left leg...

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 08:56:46 PM »

and here the right leg...

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 08:57:56 PM »

I would like to post some youtube-videos of myself skiing and jogging. How do I do it on this forum?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 09:01:20 PM »

I would like to post some youtube-videos of myself skiing and jogging. How do I do it on this forum?

Do this: [ youtube ]link[ /youtube ] but put the brackets directly next to the word youtube (i had to space them just so you could get a visual).
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 09:10:50 PM »

Here comes a new skiing video. Taken a few days prior the 9-months-post surgery mark (or: around 6 months into consolidation...)

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 09:17:50 PM »

I assume many of you do not know my diary on the old forum. Therefore I will make a little documentary of my LL by posting some videos.
My surgery was on may 7 in 2013. I lengthened around 6cm (before 173cm, now 179cm).
This is my first LL video, taken 2 months and 10 days after surgery.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 09:20:47 PM »

This is 3,5 months after surgery.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 09:23:16 PM »

proportion video, 6 months after surgery.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 09:25:33 PM »

6 months and 12 days after surgery.

manale007

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »

That is just awesome!! It is really good to see guys like you
You are an inspiration for all of us who are still saving money for the surgery
keep it up bro!

BilateralDamage

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 09:27:29 PM »

Damn OBG, your bones healed beautifully.

EDIT: Awe-inspiring videos too!  I think you should be the poster boy for LL gone well.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »

8 months after surgery.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 09:30:50 PM »

First skiing after LL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 months and 10 days after surgery.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 09:32:56 PM »

And this is the text which I owe you to the video above (copied from the old forum):

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!
I have done it!!
I went skiing and snowboarding for the weekend and it was no problem at all. I felt absolutely fine and I would even claim it was good for my legs, too.

On the video the slope is not very steep cause it was easier to film on an easy piste but I also went down steep slopes without problems.

Unfortunately, the sound is partially off due to the heavy wind, thus I will explain shortly what I am talking about in this video:

1. part: sound still good...
2. part: forget about it...
3. part: I am directing this part of my little speech to Prof. Betz, with whom I haven´t had any contact for almost 5 months. Our last contact was a phone call and he was very mad at me for asking a silly question (silly in his opinion because he had explained the answer before, but -well- I did not completely understand so I asked again...).
In the video I ask him to take it easy on him, since he is the expert in LL, for him it´s almost like routine, but not for me, so I am asking him to take it easy on me.
4. part: in the last part I am saying thanks to everyone who reacted to my last post. I thought I was gonna get bashed for being a wheeny wimp but you guys all tried to cheer me up or show some ways to handle my situation.
Thanks again a thousand times!!!

OBG

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 09:37:42 PM »

That is just awesome!! It is really good to see guys like you
You are an inspiration for all of us who are still saving money for the surgery
keep it up bro!

Thank you!!!

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »

Damn OBG, your bones healed beautifully.

EDIT: Awe-inspiring videos too!  I think you should be the poster boy for LL gone well.

Thanks !!!!!

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 09:56:05 PM »

He has other issues, its obvious by the recent post-LL posts he made on that old forum.
He wrote that he didn't feel any difference in life, his life was still bad. He regretted doing LL and wasting time and money.
Betz psycholog test should have caught his other issues and dealt with them instead of approving him for LL. It would have helped oldiebutgoldie.

I re-read the post you are referring to. I was feeling a little down for a weeks, but it did not have anything to do with LL.
I never wrote or felt or thought my life is bad. Only now and then I get a little frustrated about decisions I have taken. It´s a little like a midlife-crisis thing. At a certain age you realize that it´s difficult to completely change your life again. This is hard for every person, no matter in which situation you are.

I don´t regret LL any more. It was the right decision.
Besides, I would not have failed a psycho test. I was in a very positive and stable condition when I underwent LL. Almost happy because I had just found out about LL shortly before. The first two weeks were a breeze. It started to become harder during lengthening because I hardly could sleep any more. The pain was bearable but insomnia drove me crazy.

Tears come to my eyes very easily when I watch a movie or when I hear or read moving things. But during LL I did not have to cry even in the hardest moments. Of course, there are always moments of frustration, but what do you expect? that´s normal...

During LL I was focusing only on this process, that made my life easy.
When my recovery started to get really good (around 2 months ago) I got distracted from LL and started to think about my life, my job, relationship etc... This led to the post KUSOP is referring to. I realized I have to make some changes in order to really become happy. LL alone will not do that.
I´m on a good way now...  ;)

Peace
OBG

LLL

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 10:13:46 PM »

Could you tell a little bit about your motivations for having surgery to get taller?

Did you dislike your height or experience that it held you back in life? If so in what ways?

Great videos and congrats on your level of recovery.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »

Could you tell a little bit about your motivations for having surgery to get taller?

Did you dislike your height or experience that it held you back in life? If so in what ways?

Great videos and congrats on your level of recovery.

It was a very spontaneous decision. I was not suffering extremely from my height before LL.
I just loved the idea of being taller and was overwhelmed by the possibility of actually doing this.
There is a lot more on this topic in my diary. You can read it on old forum , just skip all the comments...

mediocre

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 05:50:36 AM »

I'm sorry if I missed somewhere but what motivates you to get 6cm increase?
- Is this because of your age?
- Is it because that's what you like from the start?
- Is it because Dr Betz asked you to get 6cm? (conservative in his standard)
- Is it because you stopped after feeling your body, but planned to LL longer from the start?

After going through all of this and the experience and the info, would you recommend Dr Betz from LL Forum members?

Thanks a lot.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:04 PM »

I'm sorry if I missed somewhere but what motivates you to get 6cm increase?
- Is this because of your age?
- Is it because that's what you like from the start?
- Is it because Dr Betz asked you to get 6cm? (conservative in his standard)
- Is it because you stopped after feeling your body, but planned to LL longer from the start?

After going through all of this and the experience and the info, would you recommend Dr Betz from LL Forum members?

Thanks a lot.

6cm was good for me. I had a terrible accident in the mountains 8 years go which completely destroyed my right knee. Without this accident I probably would have done 7 or 8cm.

Yes, I can recommend Dr. Betz.

Smallguy

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 02:01:33 AM »

Perfect, watching your video, I wouldn't think you're over 40.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Daylight

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 06:35:25 AM »

Wow, you sir are really good looking!

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 06:48:47 AM »

OBG, seriously, I wrote it on the old forum and will repeat it here; you're one helluva handsome guy.

Now we all wish you to find someone to spend your life with, get married, and live a happier life  :)

mediocre

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 10:42:45 AM »

Hugh Jackman. You should get the wolverine username, oops, taken already.

Sweatpants

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »

hey OBG,

Thanks for your diary and videos, they are awesome  8). You and couple of other guys with their diaries made me more optimistic and strong before the surgery. I am at the difficult stage right now, but I keep reading all those diaries, they keep me focused and give me streingth also now .  I wish there were some videos of girls running and skiing  just like you ;).
Best of luck,
Sweatpants

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 06:02:44 PM »

Hey guys!
Well, what can I say... Thanks so much for all the nice posts. I don't really know how to deal with these compliments... there is definitely a smiley/emoticon with blushing cheeks missing...

After reading all these comments I'm kind of considering becoming bisexual and thus double my options... ;D

Also, I could marry Sweden after his divorce and console him when he is suffering from his second=femur op... (sorry Sweden, but I think you can take it... ;))

@sweatpants: your post suggests that you are female... Can we have a date? :P

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 06:47:30 PM »

Also, I could marry Sweden after his divorce and console him when he is suffering from his second=femur op... (sorry Sweden, but I think you can take it... ;))

wow now this post is way too homoerotic for me :D
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »

Update.

My surgery was exactly a year ago. I lengthened 6cm in 2,5 months and went from 173 to 179cm (at the age of 45).
The difference is very noticeable, for me and for others.
My left leg returned to normal with the speed of light. My right leg is a different story. To be honest I think it will never completely recover from LL. I had a terrible accident in the mountains 8 years ago. I crushed on a cliff which ripped my patella tendon apart and smashed the patella itself. Two hours later i receaved an emergency op in a good hospital in Austria. The surgeon did a good job and sewed the patella tendon together.
As a result of this accident my flexibility in the right leg was severely reduced and only came back to around 80% after 7 years. I did not care about the missing 20% so I never really stretched and worked on it. i was happy that I was able to do any sport I liked again after some months (the surgeon who had operated me 8 years ago visited me the day after the op and told me that I could never snowboard or ski or play soccer again.
What an idiot to say something like this, I did it all again and I am still doing it...).
As a result of this accident not only my flexibility in the right leg was reduced, I also had shortened muscles and tendons (well, it's my own theory...).
Still, I decided to to LL , because I wanted to grow taller no matter what. I had only heard about this way of growing taller some weeks before I actually did it, so I really jumped into it with no idea what to expect. I had a very simple and naive belief that all would work out good.
I did not know this website and even if I had known about it I would not have entered it, being afraid of reading things that would cause me to hesitate.
So. Let's get back to the right leg. It's difficult to explain. I have strength and power in it but somehow this leg is under tension. Difficult to locate but somewhere between my butt and the IT-band. Additionally i might have some problem with my right hip. I don't know because I am not seeing any doctor. Things are okay the way they are. I don't wanna waste my life and time with running to doctors as long as I can live pretty good with the restrictions in the right leg.
I have lost speed and explosiveness but that's ok, too.
I can play tennis again, I already skied and snowboarded months ago and I could play soccer again.
I won't do it, though, because my big advantage has always been my speed and explosiveness and now it would not be fun any more. Anyway, it's better nit to play soccer at the age of 45. You are just gonna hurt yourself...

I don't regret LL.
I had to do it. Had I not done it I would be thinking of this missed oportunity for the rest of my life.
It's amazing how much a difference 6cm make. There are tons of 180-ish guys among all the people I meet and know and now I am just like them -normal-.

I need to tell you something unusual that happened to me some weeks ago.
I was in a crazy club in Berlin and saw this girl dancing with her friends. She was 175cm (she told me later) and she was beautiful, in fact the looked like a model. Models normally are not may type but she was awesome. I noticed she was flirting with me and could not believe my luck. I had two more shots with my friends and went for it, although I knew she was at least 20 years younger than me. But who cares, obviously she did not care so why should I?
We danced all night and started kissing in the early morning, it was one of the most magical nights of my life.
She was in Berlin just for the weekend, so I met her again the following night in another club and we repeated the whole thing. Then we kissed good-bye thinking we would never meet again.
But after a few days it was her who contacted me again, saying she can't forget me and she wants to see me again. It was very difficult to arrange because she does not have any spare time and lives far away from me.
But we managed. One afternoon both of us drove our cars towards each other (300km each) and we took a hotel room. I don't wanna go into detail on this night. It was wonderful, that should be enough.
She is actually 21 years old, 25 years younger than me. Impossible to even think this could last...
By the way, she actually is a model. Her mother is from asia, father from France.
She told me that -when she saw me in the club- she wanted to "have" me. So, actually she picked me...
I did not have any woman for many months before this happened to me.

Here is

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 07:18:12 PM »

Here comes an interesting detail: she told me looks did not matter that much for her (with men).
The only thing, she admitted, that really mattered to her: the man must be taller than her.
I really had to smile deep inside because this meant that I could never have had this beautiful girl had I not gotten my LL.
Of course, I did not tell her...  ;)

So, for this love affair alone, LL was worth it.  ;D

By the way, I do not only like her looks but also her personality.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up