Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comments on Stripe's Journal  (Read 2967 times)

Morpheus34

Comments on Stripe's Journal
« on: February 14, 2016, 06:15:03 PM »

Hey Stripes

Cool, that you start a journal! Wish you all the best with your lengthening.

Greetings Morpheus

TIBIKE200

Re: Comments on Stripe's Journal
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 06:19:03 PM »

I have a question.
  At the reccomended stretches, you posted a stretch for the hamstrings and hips.. Why is that? (Since you are doing tibial lengthening)
I learned some stuff during this time

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 06:32:07 AM »

Aight Stripes, after the bickering that happened based on your diary I'd suggest you answer some questions if asked. It might've bothered you to skip through the questions in other people's diaries but that's what a diary is, it's interactive as opposed to being just a blog. A lot of things are brought to light through Q&As. It might also add legitimacy for those having doubts. I don't doubt your diary after the points you made on that thread(I'm pretty neutral towards these things anyway) but just a suggestion! :P

TrueSpartan

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 03:39:13 PM »

Why was a catheter not used?

bob111

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 11:03:25 AM »

So did they allow patients to pay with a US credit card that can make payments in foreign Russian currency without a foreign transaction fee?  I have a credit card that can do that.  And how much is the total cost again?

What if you just get the surgery, then after leaving the hospital come back to the USA, then get xtrays and lengthen the device on your own?

TrueSpartan

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 03:29:23 PM »

Hey stripes it's been a while since you updated. How are you doing?

berkeclor123

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 07:38:22 AM »

That looks grotesque, hope you are hanging in there bro. Sending you positive energy.
current height: 175 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
goal height: 183 cm

Arch

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 11:32:41 AM »

That pin cutting looks so awfull, I really hope you get better soon :( !!!

willsa

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 04:53:28 AM »

Man this is an exciting thread, I like going back to read what happens next.

Arch

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 10:35:55 PM »

Update !!!
You r diary is amazing
Dont stop please!!!

Cheez

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 03:57:02 PM »

Same here... Looking forward reading further impressions from that place, and I like your writing style...

berkeclor123

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 01:59:24 AM »

Man you wrote some powerful, deep stuff here.

I agree strongly with you that height never used to cross my mind. I was always around shorter people so I felt taller than average. As I got older, you start to notice things others would introduce you too. Your values and such change and you start trying to fit a certain image with the group you want to identify with. I never thought my height was a problem until I was half way through college. I'm from the USA. Although I started wearing lifts in high school, I only did it to feel taller and just thought it was normal.

Being 175cm at 23 years old, my body image finally caught up and affected my everyday life. I now have a moderate form of body dysmorphic disorder or BDD. Even though I wear 1" lifts in a boot with 1.5" heels, at 5'11.5" height still gets to me. At first I was not honest with myself so I kept denying that I was bothered by it. Now, I am able to confront the reasons why I am not satisfied at 5'9" barefoot.

1) In my career field of management, being taller has more positives than negatives in terms of people perceiving you as competent and giving you more respect. They take you more seriously.
2) The dating world, I like taller women so when I dated a 5'8 girl, she was pretty dead close to me and I didn't really feel masculine enough.
3) Inside I feel like I am 6'2, my size does not match up to my ego. I like to be the life and center of things and events.
4) I want to have an advantage in sports like basketball but I realized LL will not get me back to 100%.
5) I fear shrinking in the future as I get old. Imagine shrinking 2 inches, I will be down to 5'7".

Those are my top 5 reasons that come to mind right now.

Knik

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 09:29:04 AM »

Man you wrote some powerful, deep stuff here.

I agree strongly with you that height never used to cross my mind. I was always around shorter people so I felt taller than average. As I got older, you start to notice things others would introduce you too. Your values and such change and you start trying to fit a certain image with the group you want to identify with. I never thought my height was a problem until I was half way through college. I'm from the USA. Although I started wearing lifts in high school, I only did it to feel taller and just thought it was normal.

Being 175cm at 23 years old, my body image finally caught up and affected my everyday life. I now have a moderate form of body dysmorphic disorder or BDD. Even though I wear 1" lifts in a boot with 1.5" heels, at 5'11.5" height still gets to me. At first I was not honest with myself so I kept denying that I was bothered by it. Now, I am able to confront the reasons why I am not satisfied at 5'9" barefoot.

1) In my career field of management, being taller has more positives than negatives in terms of people perceiving you as competent and giving you more respect. They take you more seriously.
2) The dating world, I like taller women so when I dated a 5'8 girl, she was pretty dead close to me and I didn't really feel masculine enough.
3) Inside I feel like I am 6'2, my size does not match up to my ego. I like to be the life and center of things and events.
4) I want to have an advantage in sports like basketball but I realized LL will not get me back to 100%.
5) I fear shrinking in the future as I get old. Imagine shrinking 2 inches, I will be down to 5'7".

Those are my top 5 reasons that come to mind right now.

I hate people like you who are looking for excuses to not admit they are narcissists. I'm can admit I'm narcissist. All people above 5'8 and particularly 5'9 who want to do LL are narcissists
Already for the sport you can forget, then for tall girl you are superficial, the "Inside I feel like I'm 6"2" is not an argument (new kind of transgender ?), the last argument is not for everyone, with sport you can be 5'9 for a long time

Looking for Pili

berkeclor123

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 06:01:43 PM »

I hate people like you who are looking for excuses to not admit they are narcissists. I'm can admit I'm narcissist. All people above 5'8 and particularly 5'9 who want to do LL are narcissists
Already for the sport you can forget, then for tall girl you are superficial, the "Inside I feel like I'm 6"2" is not an argument (new kind of transgender ?), the last argument is not for everyone, with sport you can be 5'9 for a long time

You are a small-minded individual bro. Don't project your experiences and views as absolute truth and try to invalidate others. Height dysphoria is not limited to people below average height. Why are you on this forum if your goal is to talk smack? Anyone who is on these types of forum are afflicted with similar psychological conditions. At 5'9, I have my reasons for wanting to be taller. Ultimately, it has more to do with my negative perception of myself. I think all of us on here just want to be taller no matter where we start. I seriously hate people like you who always have to say something negative.

Knik

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 06:46:37 PM »

You are a small-minded individual bro. Don't project your experiences and views as absolute truth and try to invalidate others. Height dysphoria is not limited to people below average height. Why are you on this forum if your goal is to talk smack? Anyone who is on these types of forum are afflicted with similar psychological conditions. At 5'9, I have my reasons for wanting to be taller. Ultimately, it has more to do with my negative perception of myself. I think all of us on here just want to be taller no matter where we start. I seriously hate people like you who always have to say something negative.

In any case you can forget for sports advantage.
It's amazing because we all have our reasons, but we soon realized that it is the same for everyone or they are similar
What I am saying is not to look for excuses. I want to do the operation, I'll do it and that's it, no need to justify myself with bull  as what you say (especially on a forum)
Looking for Pili

berkeclor123

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 08:46:05 PM »

In any case you can forget for sports advantage.
It's amazing because we all have our reasons, but we soon realized that it is the same for everyone or they are similar
What I am saying is not to look for excuses. I want to do the operation, I'll do it and that's it, no need to justify myself with bullcrap as what you say (especially on a forum)

I can drink to that. But it's good to just be honest and state all the reasons. Reasons are not bullcrap, we all have them. It drives us to do the things we do.

Cheez

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 08:44:02 AM »

@Stripes: I think it's kind of interesting, that you were to immensely committed at the beginning of your LL journey, with all the talk about pre stretching and stuff, but then kind of lost the track.
But it's good that you are self reflecting and honest about it.
Wish you all the best.

Stripes

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 08:47:46 PM »

Yes Cheez, I lost my patience with the routine unfortunately. I became too focused on finishing lengthening and lost sight of everything else. A mistake that cost me more time and problems in the end. However, because I had stretched so much before I did the surgery as well as in the beginning months - I raced through the first few centimetres. The process is tough, some weeks you're committed to what you came for and other weeks everything weighs down on you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up