Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How much to lengthen?  (Read 11983 times)

berkeclor123

How much to lengthen?
« on: May 06, 2016, 05:17:45 AM »

I am debating whether to do 5.0 cm (2 inches) or 7.5 cm (3 inches).

For those of you who did 2, is this noticeable?

I think in lifts which puts me at 5'11 from 5'9. I feel like the 2 inches is somewhat noticeable. However from afar, I don't feel like 2 inch is all that. I think 3 inches is when things start to look quite noticeable.

current height: 175 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
goal height: 183 cm

Cheez

Re: How much to lengthen?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 07:41:51 AM »

From what I have learnt from the diaries here, this is kind of the wrong thinking when it comes to LL.

You don't "decide" beforehand what amount you lengthen.

You start lengthening, and then you see how far you can go without getting yourself disabled.

aspirant185

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:54:49 AM »

2 inches is noticable but it is more noticable if you are average or somewhat below averega. I am 175 and after LL I will become 180. That means, from being shorter than 65% of males I will be taller than 75% of males (in Western Countries). My friends are between 178 and 185, so they will certainy notice that I became taller than some of them or close to them. Further, with some shoes such as AirMax that add 4 cm, I can go up to 184 that is above 6 foot. That is noticable.

However, if I were 165, 5 cm at least from my perspectice wouldnt mean that much. You need to add 7-8 to make things interesting )
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 08:39:59 PM »

Cheez has reason and you mustn listen to carelessness people in the forum who say you can do the maximum without consequences. It's your body which decides. ALWAYS. You mustn't force NATURE
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 08:44:50 PM »

Normally, body allows doing 6.But there are people who can do more or even less.
Budget will determine my future.

Bander72

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 07:54:20 AM »

Do not do more than 5 cm in one operation. Just wear lifts as well or do a second one.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

BillyG

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »

Do not do more than 5 cm in one operation. Just wear lifts as well or do a second one.

You think people coming to this site arent already wearing lifts?

Bander72

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 08:47:15 PM »

There are some that don't like to use them. Some that might even get really scared if they have to take them off in public. What I was telling him was to combine the cm he gains from surgery with the lifts instead of doing a big amount for the operation which can cause a lot of complications.

The Kaiser

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 04:24:00 AM »

come on guys 5 cm is really not worth the pain a money, why not spending 20 more days for 7 cm? then it all depends on our body if we can go to 8.5 why not, maybe 2 as well

Morissette

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 05:36:29 AM »

It's really depends on your body a lot of people go past 6cm and are fine some can't even make it to 6cm. Personally if you have decent proportions and you can get passed 6 why not you're already spent a lot of money on surgery make it worth your while.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 11:09:32 AM »

Personally if you have decent proportions and you can get passed 6 why not you're already spent a lot of money on surgery make it worth your while.

come on guys 5 cm is really not worth the pain a money, why not spending 20 more days for 7 cm? then it all depends on our body if we can go to 8.5 why not, maybe 2 as well

Because maybe you could lengthen that much but your recovery and functions will be wrecked. I recommend to talk with Sweden, he is few years after the surgery and he still has big problems.

That's how people get crippled or lose big part of their functions, because they were cheap and greedy.

The Kaiser

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 12:03:34 PM »

Sweden is a respected member but i think he did the surgery with Sarin the butcher + external surgery.

so lets assume i didn't have complication and was smooth lengthning and doctor said go for 8, do you think he will expect how my recovery will be? can he now how the nerves reacting?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 12:35:30 PM »

Sweden claimed by himself that Sarin did everything alright. Recovery, biomechanical functions and your proportion will be wrecked after 8cm. What's the point of being taller if you move like 70 year old man.

Have some imagination, people like Birkholtz don't put 6cm as a limit for nothing.

The Kaiser

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 12:58:02 PM »

But he did external which know for a bad recovery, many people lengthened to 9.3 cm and doing very well, its all depend on your doctor's advice

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »

But he did external which know for a bad recovery, many people lengthened to 9.3 cm and doing very well, its all depend on your doctor's advice

Who?

The Kaiser

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »

A woman called Hannah

The Kaiser

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 01:01:33 PM »

with Dr Betz

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 01:04:38 PM »

She didn't update about her walking after. Her bones didn't even consolidate back then.

Everybody will think that they feel "normal" comparing to the lengthening phase.

Doingitforme did 8cm with Paley and still have pains and few problems.

Morissette

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 01:15:27 PM »

He's right don't do it you'll be handicapped for life  :-*

The Kaiser

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 03:14:32 PM »

Do you think 8.5 cm is too much if my nerve allowed me and doctor give me a green light?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 03:19:53 PM »

Why stop at 8,5cm doe? Let's go for 69cm, so we can finally hit average height of 7 foot.

So many examples and people learn nothing. I guess people don't appreciate their health until they lose it.

Morissette

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »

Me personally if your body allowed you dr said it was no problem and you would be happy with your proportions I don't think it would be too much. 8.5 is a lot and would be hard to achieve but it's been done before.

The Kaiser

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 03:22:40 PM »

I really respect your opinion, but you telling 5 cm, i rather not doing the operation. i know 8.5 is pushing it, what about 8 or 7.5

Bander72

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 04:05:09 PM »

Might as well do two surgery's 5 cm on tibia and then 5 cm on femur since you will recover faster on internal femur than external tibia and if you want more why not 5cm on the humerus then you can be brothers with Apotheosis :D.

The Kaiser

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 09:03:39 PM »

She didn't update about her walking after. Her bones didn't even consolidate back then.

Everybody will think that they feel "normal" comparing to the lengthening phase.

Doingitforme did 8cm with Paley and still have pains and few problems.

what is your desired length? and which method?

midnightninja

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 06:01:30 AM »

Honestly, I would go with 5cm.

5cm in your femurs
around 4-5cm on your tibias.

I say this because recover and lengthening will be easier from what I have read and heard online.
If you take 0.75 increase a day it's essentially around 2 months of lengthening and then you're done.
The hardest part is during the lengthening process, two months mentally seems doable.

You can also decide to go back and get your tibias done an add 4cm if your proportions after LL accept it.

I'm personally looking at doing 4-5cm on my femurs but will consider a second surgery if I am financially and proportionally able.

The Kaiser

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 05:02:24 PM »

Honestly, I would go with 5cm.

5cm in your femurs
around 4-5cm on your tibias.

I say this because recover and lengthening will be easier from what I have read and heard online.
If you take 0.75 increase a day it's essentially around 2 months of lengthening and then you're done.
The hardest part is during the lengthening process, two months mentally seems doable.

You can also decide to go back and get your tibias done an add 4cm if your proportions after LL accept it.

I'm personally looking at doing 4-5cm on my femurs but will consider a second surgery if I am financially and proportionally able.

No, lengthening is the easiest part. Recovery is what we should concerned of 

midnightninja

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 06:47:20 AM »

Lengthening is when your bones are under the most stress.
Recovery is easy in comparison to the tension your body faces during lengthening.

Lengthening is not easier than recovery it is harder.

The Kaiser

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 11:37:04 AM »

Lengthening is when your bones are under the most stress.
Recovery is easy in comparison to the tension your body faces during lengthening.

Lengthening is not easier than recovery it is harder.

recovery takes months and sometimes years. I told you its more difficult when you under go the surgery you will remember that. good luck

midnightninja

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2016, 04:36:04 AM »

If you've undergone the surgery then I respect your thought and apologise for arguing. however, I've just read and spoken to people who have said that lengthening was the hardest for them since the leg was under a lot of tension but we are all different and I was also talking in reference to people having done >5cm

The Kaiser

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 05:32:19 AM »

If you've undergone the surgery then I respect your thought and apologise for arguing. however, I've just read and spoken to people who have said that lengthening was the hardest for them since the leg was under a lot of tension but we are all different and I was also talking in reference to people having done >5cm

so lets talk rationally. if i finished two months lengthening, will i be ok or i need hell of time to recover?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up