Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Dream_catcher: Dr. Guichet internal femur - summer 2016  (Read 43693 times)

CCMidwest

Re: Dream_catcher: Dr. Guichet internal femur - summer 2016
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2016, 04:38:09 PM »

Wow! That's a huge amount. Betz advices to take the normal amount which would be just 800 mg and 400 I.E. Vit D. But I take double the amount (2 tablets).

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/blog/why-does-the-vitamin-d-council-recommend-5000-iuday/

Viamin D council recommended 5000 IU per day. DIFM and I discussed this in his diary, see those posts.

I take 50,000 IU per WEEK. The safe limit is 70,000 IU per WEEK.

Highly suggest y'all take more than that 400 IU USDA recommendation of D3.

Take it with fatty foods or omega 3 supplements at the same time.

This study suggests but does not prove that D3 helps with bone fracture healing:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3597312/
5'7.5

dream_catcher

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2016, 06:42:39 PM »

I was supposed to come to the Isokinetic this afternoon so I asked my helper to prepare dinner early. After dinner, he kindly cleaned all over my body particularly those most dirty areas. I was a little surprised that I didn't feel embrassing like I did when hospital nurses cleaned me. Surviving! Yes, surviving is the only goal for me now.

After changing my shirt, the helper got a shorts with the widest and loosest waist that I have and then we realized a problem. My thighs are still swollen like elephant legs at the end with large black-and-blue marks. We can't put on even my largest shorts. I asked him to took out the elastic band in the waist of the shorts, but still it can't fit. As a result,  we had to reschedule my appointment at Isokinetic. Suddenly I felt really tired of all this :(

dream_catcher

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2016, 08:59:58 PM »

For a few minutes I didn't want to do anything: no exercise,  no food, no drink, no music, no video...I just wanted to end all this as quickly as i can. However after calming down, I started to feel being filled with energy. "Yes, I have to finish my LL successfully so I have to do as much daily exercises as I can!". Thank God giving me this energy. I managed to finish 200 vertical scissors and 200 inflex as daily required  ;D

Takanori

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2016, 09:05:54 PM »

clap clap!!!

That's the way you have to react. Give you all the positive energy

You will success to this LL!

dream_catcher

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2016, 09:10:54 PM »

Thank you, Takanori!

dream_catcher

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2016, 06:35:02 AM »

Like Yellospike, I slept at most 2 hours a day since the surgery, but I slept 3-4 hours last night, though I woke up a couple of times in the middle of my sleep. I don't know how have survived so far with such liitle sleep and heavy workout.

Waking up in the morning, the inner side of my left knee hurts sharply like hell with the slightest muscle contraction. So basicly I couldn't move it at all. It has been two hours since then and doesn't improve much even with 4 pills painkillers. I also put an ice bag on the spot that hurts most and massage my left thigh with another ice bag. I guess I'll just have to wait patiently for the pain to reduce to a tolerable level before I can stretch and click.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2016, 07:35:39 AM »

I was a little surprised that I didn't feel embrassing like I did when hospital nurses cleaned me.

One of the nurses who cleaned me was pretty cute, unfortunately I appeared quite small due to the coldness of the room. Additionally, I nearly passed out the first time I tried to walk(she was there with my doctor).

What a man she must think I am.

dream_catcher

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2016, 07:45:55 AM »

One of the nurses who cleaned me was pretty cute, unfortunately I appeared quite small due to the coldness of the room. Additionally, I nearly passed out the first time I tried to walk(she was there with my doctor).

What a man she must think I am.
Whereintheworld, which doctor did you do LL with? It's scary that you passed out trying to walk. You didn't fall to ground, did you?

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2016, 07:55:40 AM »

Pili/Catagni.

Before getting out of bed, Dr. Pili told me that about 1/4 of patients feel dizzy/faint when trying to walk for the first time.

I had surgery Thursday morning, lay in bed for over 24 hours until Friday afternoon when Doctor Pili came in and tried to get me to walk with crutches. I didn't fall to the ground, no, Dr. Pili and several nurses were there with me in the room.

I managed to walk out into the hallway and back later that afternoon with the physical therapist and have been walking around my apartment since I got back on Saturday.

Iamready

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 04:44:57 PM »

I actually passed out the first time I tried to take a dump. They set up the portable toilet by my bed and left the room once I was sitting on it. Shortly after I fell on my face. Luckily my head broke the fall and I didn't land on my knees. This is when I did my Tibias. They basically blamed me for it. :(

CCMidwest

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2016, 05:24:59 PM »

I actually passed out the first time I tried to take a dump. They set up the portable toilet by my bed and left the room once I was sitting on it. Shortly after I fell on my face. Luckily my head broke the fall and I didn't land on my knees. This is when I did my Tibias. They basically blamed me for it. :(

From pain or the shock/stress of the operation?
5'7.5

YellowSpike

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2016, 07:46:34 PM »

Like Yellospike, I slept at most 2 hours a day since the surgery, but I slept 3-4 hours last night, though I woke up a couple of times in the middle of my sleep. I don't know how have survived so far with such liitle sleep and heavy workout.

Waking up in the morning, the inner side of my left knee hurts sharply like hell with the slightest muscle contraction. So basicly I couldn't move it at all. It has been two hours since then and doesn't improve much even with 4 pills painkillers. I also put an ice bag on the spot that hurts most and massage my left thigh with another ice bag. I guess I'll just have to wait patiently for the pain to reduce to a tolerable level before I can stretch and click.

Yeah...sleep was next to impossible during lengthening, but got better very soon after I stopped clicking. So at least take solace in knowing sleep will come back very soon after you stop lengthening (like within a few days).

You are waking up in the middle of the night primarily due to muscle tightness. If you have a bike, even though it BLOWS to do so while half asleep, biking for like 10 minutes will loosen you up enough so you can get back to sleep at least for a bit. That, or what I would do when I was really lazy was just lift my legs and do the cycling motion while in bed. That helped me too.

Hang in there bud.

dream_catcher

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2016, 09:12:58 PM »

My left knee had the same pain this morning and again I had to take 4 painkillers and waited 3 hours before I could start stretching my left leg. I called Dr.Guichet in the afternoon on this, but one of his nurses texted me that he was operating a patient and will call me back when the operating is done.

A few hours later Dr. Guichet called me back and, after knowing that I rarely rode the bike, but mainly imitated the biking movement on bed, he said that the pain might be caused by my lying on the bed all the time, so I must ride the real bike for an hour and half today and let him know how is my knee pain tomorrow.

Ok, I guess all my arrangements to try to make my need to get up as little as possible for the first few days after the surgery actually have a negative impact on the progress of my recovery :(

dream_catcher

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2016, 09:18:24 PM »

Yeah...sleep was next to impossible during lengthening, but got better very soon after I stopped clicking. So at least take solace in knowing sleep will come back very soon after you stop lengthening (like within a few days).

You are waking up in the middle of the night primarily due to muscle tightness. If you have a bike, even though it BLOWS to do so while half asleep, biking for like 10 minutes will loosen you up enough so you can get back to sleep at least for a bit. That, or what I would do when I was really lazy was just lift my legs and do the cycling motion while in bed. That helped me too.

Hang in there bud.

Yes, I agree that the unconscious contractions of my thigh muscles is probably the cause of my bad sleeping. The contractions also made clickings difficult even when my legs were warmed up with exercises.

I've rode my bike for 35 minutes tonight and I'll ride another 35 minutes before sleep.

CCMidwest

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »

How goes it?
5'7.5

dream_catcher

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2016, 10:02:20 PM »

Riding bike for 90 minutes indeed did the trick to relieve my pain at knee! Overall things seemed to get better, except one major challenge, clicking and sleeping.

From the very beginning, I was quite stressful doing the clicks. I didn't bother to understand the key points of the technique, as illustrated in our brochure, I just tried my best to immitate how Dr. Guichet and Francisca did it. To be honest, I hated it, the weird and painful posture required to initiate it, the unrest stress that the nail or my leg might broken (which is partly true), and the aftermath pain. No wonder doing the clicking laregly became a game of luck for me.

Everytime I tried to recall how last time someone else or myself successfully did it and if one attempt failed I just made another try. Initialy it could take 5-6 attempts for me to do one click. But I just kept trying after each failed attempts, by changing my posture here or there, almost randomly. This kind of blindly trial-and error behavior had a serious impact on my daily life. As some of you know, we divide the total number of clicks for day into three sets, so we do a small number of clicks in each set to avoid too much brokage each time, and set apart the time to do each set to 8 hours to let our legs heal properky. Dr. Guichet also suggested a fixed schedule to do clickings every day. For me, the schedule never worked. I always hesitated to start each set on time, even when it's possible, and everytime it took me a varied time between 10 minutes to 60 minutes to finish a set. Most of the days I could only manage to finish the last set of clickings of a day around 2am to 3am. This left me little time to sleep and my schedule of clickings was anything but regular.

As time went by, my rate of successful clickings seemed to increase. While I was hoping that my schedule of clickings could be regularized soon and my sleeping could be put under co control, a crisis occurred.

CCMidwest

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2016, 10:10:22 PM »

What crisis?
5'7.5

dream_catcher

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2016, 10:35:28 PM »

Last night, I started to do my last set of clickings, at close to 2am, for a series of inevitable delay. What also happened that day was that I had my first two accidental clickings on my left leg, so painful both when I tried too hard to get off a uber taxi.

Every time when I did ckicking, I started with my right leg, as it is more difficult. Howeever, unlike the previous set of clickings that day, I suddenly found that I couldn't do any clickings? There was usually a sense of tense before a clicking was about to happen. But I tried a dozen of times and I never had that sense at all! I lost my immitated skills of clicking? In the last two attempts, I even "felt" a sense of slippage. Oh my! Was the clicking mechanism broken due to my acccidental clicks?!

I didn't dare to click my right leg anymore. Instead I tried to do clicks on my left leg, which was usually much easier to click, as I mentioned before. And I also found that it took me more attempts to succeed one click. What's going on? My slowly built up confidence in doing the clickings started to lose. I turned to the pages in my brochure that explains clicking. This was the first time I read it! And surprisingly I found out that the way that I clicked had a key difference with that illustrated in the brochure. All the time I was using the wrong technique!

I was almost panicked. How could this happened? And I worried more that the clicking mechanism might be broken by my incorrect way of using it. I anxiously contacted Dr. Guichet on this, but he didn't reply for the night.

Jessie Believer

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2016, 02:58:27 AM »

Hey dream catcher! Sorry to read you're in some kind of trouble. But just keep in mind that only the first weeks will be the worst. Clicking is a pain in the ass also because of the still healing wounds after your just recent operation it will definitely get better soon.

Although I'm a Betz patient I wanted you to ask how you click? He showed us a completely different way that was so damn painful all the time. Holding your leg in the air and touring your lower leg to the side to click. That was so bad!

I figured a very easy method out for me (I know others used this too), so maybe I can ease that one for you?!

Alu

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2016, 03:40:09 AM »

Not gonna lie that Nail of his needs upgrading. Part of the reason I consider the percice to be the more superior of all the internal nails.

Keep going dream_catcher. Like Jesse said, the first weeks are the worst. After that everything becomes much better!

dream_catcher

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2016, 05:09:52 PM »

Hey dream catcher! Sorry to read you're in some kind of trouble. But just keep in mind that only the first weeks will be the worst. Clicking is a pain in the ass also because of the still healing wounds after your just recent operation it will definitely get better soon.

Although I'm a Betz patient I wanted you to ask how you click? He showed us a completely different way that was so damn painful all the time. Holding your leg in the air and touring your lower leg to the side to click. That was so bad!

I figured a very easy method out for me (I know others used this too), so maybe I can ease that one for you?!
I open up my legs wide and put one foot on a place higher than my body, and then use one hand to turn the elevated knee. When my legs are relaxed, this more or less works for me. The problem arises when my leg somehow contracts unconsciously when I try to click.

Jessie Believer

• Visitor
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2016, 05:18:12 PM »

Well, you might wanna try this (hope my description works):

Example clicking the left leg:

Sit on the edge of a normal height couch with your left butt side hanging over (not sitting on he couch). So the left side will "fall" down a little bit. With the betz nail this position is already rotating the nail to some point.

Now if you want to click you still need to turn your left leg inwards, keeping your left foot stable on the floor.

The click came so easy with that one.

Other method was to sit on a chair. now lean your upper body very far to the left pressing your butt into the chair. then turn your left leg inwards.

Hope this helps somehow

JB

CCMidwest

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2016, 05:20:24 PM »

Not gonna lie that Nail of his needs upgrading. Part of the reason I consider the percice to be the more superior of all the internal nails.

Keep going dream_catcher. Like Jesse said, the first weeks are the worst. After that everything becomes much better!

I like the full weight bearing compared to precice, but otherwise yeah, it needs updated. Clicking honestly look like hell on earth to do.
5'7.5

dream_catcher

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2016, 05:26:27 PM »

The next morning Dr. Guichet tried to call me, but I missed it. So he left a message asking me to come to his office in an hour. I rushed to his office and without even asking how I couldn't click he let me lie down on a sofa, and then brought a small table and some cusions besides the sofa. Having prepared this, he instructed me to open up my legs wide and put one foot on the small table, and then turn my knee to click. Wow, it was so easy to click by myself in this way! I just need to find the right position to click.His confidence in the nail really impressed me and since then I always look into what I might have done wrong in clicking rather than worry about the nail, if I can't click.

CCMidwest

« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2016, 05:58:02 PM »

The next morning Dr. Guichet tried to call me, but I missed it. So he left a message asking me to come to his office in an hour. I rushed to his office and without even asking how I couldn't click he let me lie down on a sofa, and then brought a small table and some cusions besides the sofa. Having prepared this, he instructed me to open up my legs wide and put one foot on the small table, and then turn my knee to click. Wow, it was so easy to click by myself in this way! I just need to find the right position to click.His confidence in the nail really impressed me and since then I always look into what I might have done wrong in clicking rather than worry about the nail, if I can't click.

Every time you get worried about something, it's been turning out alright in the end. That seems like a good place to be!   :D

Keep moving forward bro.
5'7.5

dream_catcher

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2016, 06:06:43 PM »

I like the full weight bearing compared to precice, but otherwise yeah, it needs updated. Clicking honestly look like hell on earth to do.
Same here. I think full weight bearing is way more important, thouh I wish the nails to have radio-controlled automatic ratcheting. You still click, but click a button instead and let the machinery do the real work.

ortholengthening

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2016, 05:46:11 AM »

Dr G stated before that with hyper fast track some of his patients are able to reach 44 mm in 1 month. 
Now that you are half a month post surgery,
Where would you say you are at? Is it possible to hit 44 mm in 1 month?

paddy10tellys

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2016, 08:59:24 AM »

Hey Dream_catcher, hope things are good. How are you?
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

dream_catcher

« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2016, 11:23:57 AM »

Well, you might wanna try this (hope my description works):

Example clicking the left leg:

Sit on the edge of a normal height couch with your left butt side hanging over (not sitting on he couch). So the left side will "fall" down a little bit. With the betz nail this position is already rotating the nail to some point.

Now if you want to click you still need to turn your left leg inwards, keeping your left foot stable on the floor.

The click came so easy with that one.

Other method was to sit on a chair. now lean your upper body very far to the left pressing your butt into the chair. then turn your left leg inwards.

Hope this helps somehow

JB
Thank you, Jessie. Clicking is now the toughest task for me. Sometimes it was so frustrating and I got confused on what I should do. The more different methods I tried, the more frustrating and confusing I felt. So I'll keep your method as my last resort for now.

dream_catcher

« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2016, 11:47:03 AM »

Dr G stated before that with hyper fast track some of his patients are able to reach 44 mm in 1 month. 
Now that you are half a month post surgery,
Where would you say you are at? Is it possible to hit 44 mm in 1 month?
I don't know whether I'm in the hyper fast track, but I'm supposed to gain 40mm in 1 month if I click according to Dr. Guichet's schedule.

dream_catcher

« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2016, 11:49:33 AM »

Hey Dream_catcher, hope things are good. How are you?

I'm just trying my best to survive ;p
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up