Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Dream_catcher: Dr. Guichet internal femur - summer 2016  (Read 43729 times)

dream_catcher

Re: Dream_catcher: Dr. Guichet internal femur - summer 2016
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2016, 08:56:11 PM »

Hey, at least you met your goal!

Welcome to 5'7 man!

Hope you will stick around and periodically update us on your recovery and athletic ability.

CCMidwest,  I guess we're of similar age, right? I'd suggest that you do LL asap, if you really really want to gain some height, or just accept your current height and forget about LL at all. I believe that age plays a very important role in LL. The younger you do it, the less risk and the more gain you will have. As I once said, LL poses maybe the toughest challenges to your overall body and mind, not just your flexibility and strength. Any weakest link in you body or mind will definitely be stressed with the heaviest load under LL. As we're getting older, for sure our body gets weaker and there's nothing you can do about it. So make up your mind.

CCMidwest

« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2016, 09:01:12 PM »

CCMidwest,  I guess we're of similar age, right? I'd suggest that you do LL asap, if you really really want to gain some height, or just accept your current height and forget about LL at all. I believe that age plays a very important role in LL. The younger you do it, the less risk and the more gain you will have. As I once said, LL poses maybe the toughest challenges to your overall body and mind, not just your flexibility and strength. Any weakest link in you body or mind will definitely be stressed with the heaviest load under LL. As we're getting older, for sure our body gets weaker and there's nothing you can do about it. So make up your mind.

I'm 32, about to be 33.

I hear ya though bro.
5'7.5

ggg112

• Visitor
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2016, 09:35:58 PM »

Dreamcatcher, although your not there yet, and obviously anything can happen, but in your opinion, do you think the average person would be able to function, (relatively normal Ambulation without assistive device), after two months of going through Dr. G's program trying to achieve 6cm - 8cm?

I ask as I would like to keep my current jobs if at all possible, which require "relatively normal walking" without an assistive device, but I'm trying to plan accordingly...ie; if not possible , maybe another doctor, country, back to school for a different career, different financial costs, etc.

Also, have you ever witnessed anyone doing "well"so to speak at Dr. G's training center with sub par hamstring flexibility ?   I have a chronic back issue causing extra tight jammies and calves , which I know I can improve upon but I'm a little worried as getting past "normal" will be an extreme challenge due to the neuro tone

Thanks, and good luck with remainder of your journey.

dream_catcher

« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2016, 10:44:49 PM »

Dreamcatcher, although your not there yet, and obviously anything can happen, but in your opinion, do you think the average person would be able to function, (relatively normal Ambulation without assistive device), after two months of going through Dr. G's program trying to achieve 6cm - 8cm?

I ask as I would like to keep my current jobs if at all possible, which require "relatively normal walking" without an assistive device, but I'm trying to plan accordingly...ie; if not possible , maybe another doctor, country, back to school for a different career, different financial costs, etc.

Also, have you ever witnessed anyone doing "well"so to speak at Dr. G's training center with sub par hamstring flexibility ?   I have a chronic back issue causing extra tight jammies and calves , which I know I can improve upon but I'm a little worried as getting past "normal" will be an extreme challenge due to the neuro tone

Thanks, and good luck with remainder of your journey.

ggg112, normally Dr.G's patients can walk unaided within two months after stop clicking, and I think that's the fastest recovery time for LL, a major reason why I chose Dr.G. But LL even under Dr.G is risky, unless you are conservative, i.e. you adjust your goal according to your body's reactions and follow exactly or even conservatively your doctor's instructions. I know that because I saw both good recovery and bad recovery here. So in my opinion two months is enough under Dr.G only if you are conservative.

Having your hamstring flexibility and your back in their pre-surgery state are very important for walking unaided. Both of them will be hampered during the LL. And you will need to fix them before you can walk "realtively normally". In your case, I'm afraid that you will probably face extra challenges as you will have the two problems combined together.

That's my two cents. And you'd confirm with Dr.G before making your decisions.

Unicorn888

• Visitor
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2016, 03:34:27 PM »

Guys, the final day has come, much sooner than I expected. I was hoping to keep fighting until the end of next week, but today is the last day of my lengthening.

Hey Dream_Catcher,
Congrats!  Am so happy for you!  You've made it!  A living testimony, through all that mental, emotional, physical hardship!  Keep us posted, ok?  I've gone through your blog so many times to better understand what to expect in the journey for me.  I'm on Day 13, so still a greenie.  The last 10 days was a dark hell for me, emotionally speaking.  Every part of my body was so uncomfortable, sore, achy... nothing I could do.  And the paranoia of things going wrong... oh boy!

Anyway, am so happy to see you at the end of your tunnel, embracing the light, and so much taller!

Unicorn
🌈 YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING UNICORN 🦄 ~ ❤️ Every cent goes a long way ❤️
https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-unicorn?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

dream_catcher

« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2016, 07:43:05 PM »

Hey Dream_Catcher,
Congrats!  Am so happy for you!  You've made it!  A living testimony, through all that mental, emotional, physical hardship!  Keep us posted, ok?  I've gone through your blog so many times to better understand what to expect in the journey for me.  I'm on Day 13, so still a greenie.  The last 10 days was a dark hell for me, emotionally speaking.  Every part of my body was so uncomfortable, sore, achy... nothing I could do.  And the paranoia of things going wrong... oh boy!

Anyway, am so happy to see you at the end of your tunnel, embracing the light, and so much taller!

Unicorn

Thank you, Unicorn888. I hope my blog helped you :) The first two weeks are the hardest for everyone, so hang in there! You will get better gradually.

I read your first post after the surgery, and found that your detailed descriptions of the first ... was a little bit too graphic and sexy for me ;P Hey, you made me miss one of my favorite entertainment before the surgery. How soon can I have it again?

Takanori

• Visitor
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2016, 07:09:26 PM »

guys I can tell you that DC looks better everyday...To stop clicking is something you cannot imagine, I count the days (still got 26). Now mate you got to use your crutches and I will be there to see you walking bro  :)

To Unicorn, thanks for your daily, you used better words than mine to describe how "difficult" "horrible" almost "unbearable" the days in hospital and the beginning of LL is.

I did my 1st month today and the pain is still here, different but still here, now it's more my knees and nerves pain, also since the debut, my intestins and stomach made me troubles, to be in a different country in a hot hot summer not help...Also 2 of my scares "reopened" and i took antibiotics which give diarrhea :(

And the worst of all in that process, I JUST CAN'T SLEEP!!!!!!! It is impossible, just impossible cause when your legs don't move, all the pain is coming and wake you up in atrocious conditions. You supposed to sleep legs raised but who can??? Unfortunately I never used to sleep on my back but on my belly or on the side so it is so hard for me...3 hours per night with a semblance of rest, it is too hard, really...And I start my 5th week now  :'( :'( :'(   pills don't really help and I don't want to be an addict.

All that story to say that this weekend I was broken mentally but I keep my faith and today when i saw all my LL team I was better, so as I read on your diary Unicorn, somebody told you to socialize and that is a really good advice. don't stay alone too much or you're gonna depress.

Sorry DC but I just post my journey on your Diary lol  ;)

dream_catcher

« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2016, 07:53:13 PM »

guys I can tell you that DC looks better everyday...To stop clicking is something you cannot imagine, I count the days (still got 26). Now mate you got to use your crutches and I will be there to see you walking bro  :)

To Unicorn, thanks for your daily, you used better words than mine to describe how "difficult" "horrible" almost "unbearable" the days in hospital and the beginning of LL is.

I did my 1st month today and the pain is still here, different but still here, now it's more my knees and nerves pain, also since the debut, my intestins and stomach made me troubles, to be in a different country in a hot hot summer not help...Also 2 of my scares "reopened" and i took antibiotics which give diarrhea :(

And the worst of all in that process, I JUST CAN'T SLEEP!!!!!!! It is impossible, just impossible cause when your legs don't move, all the pain is coming and wake you up in atrocious conditions. You supposed to sleep legs raised but who can??? Unfortunately I never used to sleep on my back but on my belly or on the side so it is so hard for me...3 hours per night with a semblance of rest, it is too hard, really...And I start my 5th week now  :'( :'( :'(   pills don't really help and I don't want to be an addict.

All that story to say that this weekend I was broken mentally but I keep my faith and today when i saw all my LL team I was better, so as I read on your diary Unicorn, somebody told you to socialize and that is a really good advice. don't stay alone too much or you're gonna depress.

Sorry DC but I just post my journey on your Diary lol  ;)

Taka. I'm sorry to hear that you had troubles here and there over the weekend. But that's what LL is like. To achieve your goal, you have to go through this. And you won't magically get rid of all the troubles even after stop clicking. I've stopped clicking for more than three days, but new pains and discomforts keep bothering me, though overall I'm getting better. At least I no longer have the stress, anxiety, and pain of clickings, which sent me to hell three times everyday ;)

And sleeping was the biggest problem for me too. Uncomfortable sleeping position, pain, and the side-effect of our daily medicine kill our sleepings. During LL, most nights I slept for only two hours at most. My sleeping only gets better gradually after stop clicking. I slept for four hours, though not continually, the night after I did my last set of clickings in the morning, but I couldn't sleep at all the next night. And last night I slept for about five hours continually.

Some medicine like calcium pill is really bad for my sleeping. Everytime after taking calcium, my stomach doesn't feel very well. It doesn't cause pain or any serious problem but it's enough to prevent me from getting into sleep.

You've already made more than half the way to your goal, just keep fighting.

Takanori

• Visitor
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2016, 10:35:37 PM »

thanks DC for your advices. See U tomorrow

petit_petit

• Visitor
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2016, 01:01:57 PM »

Hello Dream_catcher, I just start reading your diary about lengthening with Dr. Guichet. I would like to know more about the post op period. How many consultations you had with Dr. Guichet after surgery? What do you do every day ?
I head not very good opinions about his behaviour with patients,how was with you?

Thanks

and good luck!

Unicorn888

• Visitor
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2016, 07:37:08 AM »

And sleeping was the biggest problem for me too. Uncomfortable sleeping position, pain, and the side-effect of our daily medicine kill our sleepings. During LL, most nights I slept for only two hours at most. My sleeping only gets better gradually after stop clicking. I slept for four hours, though not continually, the night after I did my last set of clickings in the morning, but I couldn't sleep at all the next night. And last night I slept for about five hours continually.

Hey Dream_Catcher and Taka,

I discovered this by accident, I was trying to learn how to day trade.  So I bought a bunch of books on Kindle like Day Trading for Dummies etc.  I have to say, it's the most effective sleep aid ever!  Every time I try to wrap my head around indecipherable terms like candlesticks, matchsticks, pogo sticks, VWAP, ATR, MA, SMA, EMA and the plethora of animals :o... bulls, bears, black sheep, or was it scholes?! ::)

In any case, 3 pages in and I'm comatose, sure thing!  ;D
🌈 YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING UNICORN 🦄 ~ ❤️ Every cent goes a long way ❤️
https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-unicorn?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

dream_catcher

« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2016, 07:53:38 PM »

Hello Dream_catcher, I just start reading your diary about lengthening with Dr. Guichet. I would like to know more about the post op period. How many consultations you had with Dr. Guichet after surgery? What do you do every day ?
I head not very good opinions about his behaviour with patients,how was with you?

Thanks

and good luck!

Thank you petit_petit. I think Dr.Guichet is an excellent surgeon and he is very responsible to his patients. In general, each of the post-surgery patient has one regular consultation with him every week. Besides that, he responds to patients' calls or messages in a professional manner. Several times I sent him messages at night and he responded within one or two hours. Once I sent him a message at night, he didn't reply in the same night but he called me the next morning. From my own experience and what I saw and heard from other patients, he treats his patients professionally, though he is a bit strict with his rules and he is extremely busy.

After surgery, the daily life of every patient constitutes mainly clickings, which can occupy a lot of time for some patients, and exercises, which usually are done at each of the three different places: isokinetics centre, the gym, and home and occupy almost a whole day if the patient does them according to Dr.Guichet's requirements.

dream_catcher

« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2016, 07:55:22 PM »

Hey Dream_Catcher and Taka,

I discovered this by accident, I was trying to learn how to day trade.  So I bought a bunch of books on Kindle like Day Trading for Dummies etc.  I have to say, it's the most effective sleep aid ever!  Every time I try to wrap my head around indecipherable terms like candlesticks, matchsticks, pogo sticks, VWAP, ATR, MA, SMA, EMA and the plethora of animals :o... bulls, bears, black sheep, or was it scholes?! ::)

In any case, 3 pages in and I'm comatose, sure thing!  ;D

Thanks for your advice Unicorn888. I'll see if I can get this book, but I guess every boring book can do the trick, right :)

Takanori

• Visitor
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2016, 10:58:58 PM »

Hey Unicorn,

if these books can avoid the horrible wake-up at 2 in the morning with the legs and knees on fire, I will buy all the collection asap... ;)

Unicorn888

• Visitor
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2016, 07:06:28 AM »

Hey Unicorn,

if these books can avoid the horrible wake-up at 2 in the morning with the legs and knees on fire, I will buy all the collection asap... ;)

It's a win-win.  Either you sleep effectively or get rich quick! ;)  And if all else fails, sell it on to the next Guichet victim!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:29:00 AM by Unicorn888 »

dream_catcher

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2016, 10:52:50 PM »

It's been 9 days after I stopped clicking. The progress of my recovery is much slower than I expected. Below is a summary of my progress on walking.

Day 5 - first time walking step-wise with crutches (WSWC) under close supervision of my trainer at the gym for 30 minutes; it was more like sliding my feet on the ground rather than real walking and each of my step was very small and very slow
Day 6 - first time WSWC under supervision of my trainer outdoor for 60 minutes; it became noticable faster
Day 7 - didn't do WSWC because of pain on right leg; first time walking on treadmill: my trainer wanted me to walk for two minutes, but we stopped after 40 seconds due to the same pain on my right leg
Day 8 - first time WSWC without supervision at home and outdoor for 45 minutes; it was faster than on day 6, though it was still even slower than our usual "walking with crutches" during LL, the double-leg hopping with crutches (HWC)
Day 9 - WSWC for 30 minutes at home, slower than on day 8 due to pain on right leg

dream_catcher

« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2016, 06:33:56 PM »

My walking has improved very well lately. Now I can walk normally almost like before the surgery! Last night I stopped using crutches completely at my apartment and today I left my apartment without crutches, went to the gym, and walked in a park for an hour. I'll leave Milan in this weekend as planned and I'm so glad that I can go back home the way like I wished - walking normally! Thank God for everything :D

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:02:55 PM by dream_catcher »

Moubgf

« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2016, 07:15:10 PM »

My walking has improved very well lately. Now I can walk normally almost like before the surgery! Last night I stopped using crutches completely at my apartment and today I left my apartment without crutches, went to the gym, and walked in a park for an hour. I'll leave Milan in this weekend as planned and I'm so glad that I can go back home the way like I wished - walking normally! Thank God for everything :D

Dream_catcher. Could you tell me the complete price for this procedure. It says on Dr.Guichet page that it costs 65.000 Euro. More or less and to have that budget avaliable. I am getting a loan from my bank tomorow. And i need to know the amount i need to take out. Also do the price include staying at his residence. Or do i have to pay for my stay there. Thank you

dream_catcher

« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2016, 07:35:07 PM »

Slim_tim, check your private message.

Peaceout

« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2016, 08:14:17 PM »

Great update,thanks!
Your proportions look great,can i ask your wingspan?

dream_catcher

« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2016, 09:18:08 PM »

Great update,thanks!
Your proportions look great,can i ask your wingspan?

Thanks. I never measured it. I'll get someone to measure it after I return home.

alps

« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2016, 04:04:14 AM »

great!

video? :)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2016, 11:30:06 AM »

Proportion wise you look fantastic nothing "suspicious" at all.

Good luck with your recovery now it will go only downhill.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2016, 08:35:08 PM »

Looks good. Guichet nail seems a great deal
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

aagood11

• Visitor
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2016, 08:42:40 AM »

Dear DM, I am also having the plan to have LL in summer 2017, may I know the completed price for LL with Guichet since I am still a student and cost is really one of my consideration. 

ortholengthening

« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2016, 04:45:55 AM »

It's amazing that 2 months post surgery you are walking "almost" normally - 5 cm taller. Mind blowing
Enjoy your new life back home in Canada eh!

Helios91

• Visitor
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2016, 07:47:25 AM »

Man I want to do leg lengthening! I'm 5'7 and most of ya'll know what I'm going through with that my goal is 5'10. I even tried doing a GoFundMe but no one's donating and I have no where near the funds needed to do this I put my GoFundMe to $67k and I'll do it overseas any doctor recommendations? Also once I'm able to get the money for it I'll make a diary and possibly a video diary on my YouTube channel and post it here to help you guys make the decision. I'm already mentally and physically prepared I've done countless hours of research I'm ready for all the risks everything the only thing I majorly lack is the money to do it.
Starting height 5'7 goal height 5'10

TIBIKE200

« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2016, 09:48:29 AM »

Man I want to do leg lengthening! I'm 5'7 and most of ya'll know what I'm going through with that my goal is 5'10. I even tried doing a GoFundMe but no one's donating and I have no where near the funds needed to do this I put my GoFundMe to $67k and I'll do it overseas any doctor recommendations? Also once I'm able to get the money for it I'll make a diary and possibly a video diary on my YouTube channel and post it here to help you guys make the decision. I'm already mentally and physically prepared I've done countless hours of research I'm ready for all the risks everything the only thing I majorly lack is the money to do it.

Why would anyone donate you money? Work
I learned some stuff during this time

EndGame

« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »

Why would anyone donate you money? Work

I agree. Take your destiny into your own hands. Maybe a second part time job for evenings and/or weekends? Few people likely donate to an elective procedure handout...

ortholengthening

« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2016, 04:33:10 PM »

Not just elective. But cosmetic.  One thing to donate $ for a burn victim to have cosmetic reconstructive surgery. But limb lengthening for a short guy thats not even a dwarf? Sounds rediculous.  Go earn yourself the surgery

assa13ssin

• Visitor
« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2016, 07:51:59 AM »

hi Dream_catcher, thanks for sharing that much!! it really helps future patients like me... could you tell me the complete price for this procedure?

and how are you doing now? walking normally?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up