Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beijing surgery 11th August  (Read 4130 times)

Bigpoppapump

Beijing surgery 11th August
« on: August 14, 2016, 12:51:22 PM »

Arrived in Beijing two days ago was very jet lagged for two days the heat here is unbelievable. I was sweating like a pig outside. I got xrays and form signing out the way. I went shopping for food but the language barrier is very difficult and i didnt recognise barely anything i was buying. I ended up buying as much sh@t as i did good stuff. The net here is bad and if you dont have vpn you are really stuck. My phone had £40 credit in it and the whole lot disappeared in the space of a few hours and i didnt make a single call or send a single text so fk knows whats happening there. I woke up at 2am the first night i was here and started to think of the things in my life that had lead me here. I started thinking about my mum, my cat and my weight training and strength which has got me through my life this far. My bodyweight has reduced from 103kgs to 80kg and i feel small and weak as hell but i have to do this for me itherwise il either end up dead or in a mental institution, this is something that has bothered me every minute of everyday of my life since i was 15/16 maybe younger i cant recall in truth.

I slept well last night as i was seriously jet lagged. I woke this morning and was preparedfor the surgery. I was wheeled to the surgery room and was staring at the ceiling thinking 'wtf am i doing' anyway i awoke afterwards and i feel as if a tiger tank is sitting on my legs its pretty painful to say the least i just hope i can get to sleep tonight as i dont want this to drag and the more i sleep the quicker it will go. Just trying to think of a year or so ahead when im up and about.

Some very attractive nurses here with pretty faces and good figures which is great

Bigpoppapump

Re: Beijing surgery 11th August
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 12:54:06 PM »

Yesterday the morphine was stopped and as it wore off and i felt seriously constipated it was horrible. I was moved to the toilet twice yesterday and only managed to go on the second attempt. I sat on that toilet fir 30 minutes questioning my sanity about doing this. Only a few days before this i was squatting on my hip belt machine in the garage with 280kgs for 20 reps below parallel. The catheter came out as well and it makes you feel like you are pissing acid its fkn horrible.

The internet here is sh@t the tv is utterly sh@t as well, there are olympic weightlifters on tv reminding me of what i cannot do at the moment and reminding me of how atrophied i am. Im still in bed most of the time and get the impression the little nurses dont like moving an 80kg guy around but theyve got it easy in comparison to what i was in April at 103kgs. They are afraid to let me eat in case i need to go to the toilet. I eat nothing in comparison to what i do back home so i think thats contributing to my atrophy. Pain wise my days of rugby and my weight training has made me pretty resilient to pain though this is worse. Prior to coming here i drastically changed my training and diet, i started eating twice a day instead of 5-7 times, i also started doing what id class as pain threshold training whereby i did extremely high rep sets with rest pause style reps. An example of this would be say i was hitting legs it would be 1 x 100 reps leg curl where id do 35-50 continous reps then rest 10-15 secs then bang out 8-10 i continue in this fashion till i get the 100 reps, i would then do the same for hip belt squats, i did 1 x 100 with 100kg, next workout i did 110kgs x 90 then 80 reps with 125kg 75 reps with 140kgs. These type if sets will have you breathing like hell far far worse than any aerobic exercise you can think of. i did similar with biceps id do 1 x 350 set (50 rep goal over 3 sets with 2 minutes rest between sets) id then finish with rest pause barbell curls aiming for 100 reps i got up to 78 reps with 30kgs (66lbs). My advice to people here thinking of this surgery is to make sure you are strong enough physically to undertake this procedure especially if tou go to the cheaper places as help past the initial surgery is small to say the very least, make sure you take stuff to entertain yourself here as well as the mental aspect is huge as well, here everything you use pretty much is fkn banned. The logic here is also strange they seem to think cheap noodles are good for you nutrition wise when i know they are complete garbage yet im not really allowed to have the fruit i bought which at least hydrates you and has lots of vitamins in it. Being a strength/physique trainer has educated me hugely on whats good and what isnt.

Im doing external tibias here if people want to know.

Just a warning to people here as well you really need to question if this surgery is for you especially if you feel your height though problematic doesnt impact you as much as you think. There is a difference between being despondent or annoyed with your height as opposed to being near the brink of suicide because of it which i feel i was and have been for years and years before this. Growing up i was happy till about 14-15 i think but since then ive suffered some serious misery because of it and tbh i dint know what feeling happy would feel like anymore as ive been miserable my entire adult life.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 12:56:23 PM »

Yesterday the morphine was stopped and as it wore off and i felt seriously constipated it was horrible. I was moved to the toilet twice yesterday and only managed to go on the second attempt. I sat on that toilet fir 30 minutes questioning my sanity about doing this. Only a few days before this i was squatting on my hip belt machine in the garage with 280kgs for 20 reps below parallel. The catheter came out as well and it makes you feel like you are pissing acid its fkn horrible.

The internet here is sh@t the tv is utterly sh@t as well, there are olympic weightlifters on tv reminding me of what i cannot do at the moment and reminding me of how atrophied i am. Im still in bed most of the time and get the impression the little nurses dont like moving an 80kg guy around but theyve got it easy in comparison to what i was in April at 103kgs. They are afraid to let me eat in case i need to go to the toilet. I eat nothing in comparison to what i do back home so i think thats contributing to my atrophy. Pain wise my days of rugby and my weight training has made me pretty resilient to pain though this is worse. Prior to coming here i drastically changed my training and diet, i started eating twice a day instead of 5-7 times, i also started doing what id class as pain threshold training whereby i did extremely high rep sets with rest pause style reps. An example of this would be say i was hitting legs it would be 1 x 100 reps leg curl where id do 35-50 continous reps then rest 10-15 secs then bang out 8-10 i continue in this fashion till i get the 100 reps, i would then do the same for hip belt squats, i did 1 x 100 with 100kg, next workout i did 110kgs x 90 then 80 reps with 125kg 75 reps with 140kgs. These type if sets will have you breathing like hell far far worse than any aerobic exercise you can think of. i did similar with biceps id do 1 x 350 set (50 rep goal over 3 sets with 2 minutes rest between sets) id then finish with rest pause barbell curls aiming for 100 reps i got up to 78 reps with 30kgs (66lbs). My advice to people here thinking of this surgery is to make sure you are strong enough physically to undertake this procedure especially if tou go to the cheaper places as help past the initial surgery is small to say the very least, make sure you take stuff to entertain yourself here as well as the mental aspect is huge as well, here everything you use pretty much is fkn banned. The logic here is also strange they seem to think cheap noodles are good for you nutrition wise when i know they are complete garbage yet im not really allowed to have the fruit i bought which at least hydrates you and has lots of vitamins in it. Being a strength/physique trainer has educated me hugely on whats good and what isnt.

Im doing external tibias here if people want to know.

Just a warning to people here as well you really need to question if this surgery is for you especially if you feel your height though problematic doesnt impact you as much as you think. There is a difference between being despondent or annoyed with your height as opposed to being near the brink of suicide because of it which i feel i was and have been for years and years before this. Growing up i was happy till about 14-15 i think but since then ive suffered some serious misery because of it and tbh i dint know what feeling happy would feel like anymore as ive been miserable my entire adult life.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 12:56:58 PM »

August 14th

Not much to report here. Woke up a bit stiff moved legs to alleviate the pain id say on a scale of 1-10 around a 3-4 max nothing i cant handle. Really looking forward to being able to get up and use the toilet by myself.

My temperature was taken and they said i had a fever so i was hooked back up to several iv bags over the next few hours though i feel absolutely fine. Anyway they did it regardless.

Ordered a McDs my standard order i get in UK a double cheeseburger and a big mac, i got coke and chips with it but wont be having it for a while again i need to watch expenses when im here and acoid earing garbage like that especially when im needing to heal and when i cant train. I lost a sh&t tin of myscle to do this and in the last 3-4 days alone in bed ive atrophied even further. My reflection in the mirror disgusts me at the moment.

Im utterly stinking and my facial hair grows like a weed so i feel very dirty. As someone who showers two-three times a day this is tough. Im still pissing concentrated acid thanks to that catheter.

My room mate here keeps me right since ive arrived which is great and hes a very smart guy with his head screwed on and he has pointed out some stuff to me that will need to change when i get home.

He told me to avoid returning to my previous size as its just an ego thing and it turns women off, he also told ne to resolve my self loathing and body dysmorphic issues as il just end up being taller but still having them and basically staying miserable.

Peaceout

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 01:23:23 PM »

Sorry for the rough times man.LL is way too hard.Good luck.. :)
Can i ask your starting height and goal?

Moubgf

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 04:11:57 PM »

August 14th

Not much to report here. Woke up a bit stiff moved legs to alleviate the pain id say on a scale of 1-10 around a 3-4 max nothing i cant handle. Really looking forward to being able to get up and use the toilet by myself.

My temperature was taken and they said i had a fever so i was hooked back up to several iv bags over the next few hours though i feel absolutely fine. Anyway they did it regardless.

Ordered a McDs my standard order i get in UK a double cheeseburger and a big mac, i got coke and chips with it but wont be having it for a while again i need to watch expenses when im here and acoid earing garbage like that especially when im needing to heal and when i cant train. I lost a sh&t tin of myscle to do this and in the last 3-4 days alone in bed ive atrophied even further. My reflection in the mirror disgusts me at the moment.

Im utterly stinking and my facial hair grows like a weed so i feel very dirty. As someone who showers two-three times a day this is tough. Im still pissing concentrated acid thanks to that catheter.

My room mate here keeps me right since ive arrived which is great and hes a very smart guy with his head screwed on and he has pointed out some stuff to me that will need to change when i get home.

He told me to avoid returning to my previous size as its just an ego thing and it turns women off, he also told ne to resolve my self loathing and body dysmorphic issues as il just end up being taller but still having them and basically staying miserable.

How do you increase your Pain threshold

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 08:17:55 PM »

Sorry for the rough times man.LL is way too hard.Good luck.. :)
Can i ask your starting height and goal?

Hi Peaceout

Thanks for the reply im sure you can empathise to a degree as i do with other peoples experiences

My starting height is 170ish maybe slightly more. Goal wise id like 7.5-8cms im just going to go by what feels right. You can work on your flexibility before hand but tbh i dont think it makes that much difference as you will tighten up due to being in bed for so long very quickly anyway

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 08:34:13 PM »

Hi Slimtim

Pain threshold i think will vary from person to person, for people whose pain tolerance is low then this surgery is not for you once those legs are cut they are cut and theres no going back. Like everything else the body adapts and it can and does get better.

My room mate says he has never seen anyone come round so fast after this surgery like i did and not be groggy, he was surprised i ate and played on my ipad when i woke up. The doctor then gave me a full syringe of sleep aid and i was awake again one hour later. He says hes never given anyone that much before and the folk who got it after surgery slept for days

Personally i think its something you have to develop over a period of years, i think mine is better than average due to my weight training. If i was to advise people on what to do id recommend the higher rep stuff but it must be done properly with no quitting the set prematurely because it starts to get tough. Ive squatted 550lbs x 5 before the 225lb hip belt squat for 100 reps was way way harder and more mentally and physically draining.

Bigpoppapump

Barely started lengthening and problems already
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 12:07:20 AM »

I started the lengthening process maybe 3 weeks ago

Im already having trouble straightening out my right leg without a fair bit of pain behind my right knee (my right knee was also sore for about 4-5 days)

I also still cannot walk with my walker my right leg ankle has shooting pains up it every time i try to take it iff the ground and the same again when i put my foot down.

Is this common or am i doing something wrong?

onemorefoot

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 09:04:26 PM »

Are you doing LON??? what is the cost?
Budget will determine my future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up