Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can you workout during LL?  (Read 1164 times)

mrmayor

• Visitor
can you workout during LL?
« on: August 15, 2016, 08:19:59 PM »

about to leave for WPB...should i plan for any (upper body?) workout at all?  Pushups?  Pullups?  anything other than walking in a pool & PT? 

Please chime in! 
40yo male.  starting:  5'9"  ending:  TBD.  Going to spend the rest of the summer in WPB with Paley.

bigboi95

• Visitor
Re: can you workout during LL?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »

Hey.
I've been doing pull-ups everyday since week 3 of lengthening (I'm in week 6 now). I couldn't do it before because I lacked the mobility and the drive to do so.
The key is when you lift off and when you finish - make sure you're very very slow putting your legs back on the ground. You don't wanna put too much weight on your legs too hastily, or risk falling. I do about 15-20 pull ups a day and considering I've lost so much weight since the surgery (about 17 lbs) I do see some definition preserved in my arms.
Believe me, I miss lifting too but that's the price you pay. Don't go too hard and give yourself at least 2 weeks of rest after the surgery...you don't wanna strain your body during that period, it's using every bit of energy to fix your legs. You'll be back in the gym soon enough - just taller  ;)

Cheers.

mrmayor

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 02:01:41 PM »

Good response and thank you.  Where did you get your LL done?
40yo male.  starting:  5'9"  ending:  TBD.  Going to spend the rest of the summer in WPB with Paley.

bigboi95

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 10:37:07 AM »

Got my LL done on July 7 with Dr Mahboubian in LA. I have about 2 weeks left of lengthening. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up