Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got some more accurate photos, really wanna get to 8cm, take a look?  (Read 2382 times)

maximuskoncept

• Visitor

so it turns out that setting your phone on a timer and backing away from it to take a picture is not as accurate as having your mom make a few snaps of you in your underwear (totally weird but whatever ;P )

http://imgur.com/a/vUweA

I think these pics do more justice to the length of my legs vis a vis the rest of my body. Being asian, I have a relatively slight frame and a larger head. I'm 173cm tall, sitting height 93cm, inseam 77-78cm btw.

I really want to get to 180+, I think its probably more psychological than anything. I understand that 5cm is probably much safer, but I just feel like if I could only get to 177-178, which is still pretty short well I live, I'd much rather use that time/money and go travel, learn to play an instrument, or learn a new skill and it would make me a more interesting person haha.

So I guess I'm really hoping on 7-8cm, I guess in a worst case scenario, I could do 5femur/3tibia? I know its a lot of money/pain/time spent/risk of complications, but if i'm gonna pay a lot of money to grow taller, might as well actually grow 'tall', right?

So two questions really,

1. Is 7-8cm with Guichet also a high risk endeavor? His Q&A and website suggests that its doable but largely depends on conditioning and mentality. I'll definitely do my best. Assume he says he could do it, would the dangers of 8cm internal femur really be significantly higher than 5cm femur?

2. If that is the case, what about 5femur+3tibia? Both are relatively safe by themselves right? How about combined? Would the risk be much less than 8cm femur?

Thanks again guys!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:42:29 AM by maximuskoncept »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Got some more accurate photos, really wanna get to 8cm, take a look?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 01:28:51 AM »

sitting height 83cm

You sure about that? I'm 166cm and have 91cm of sitting height and im pretty skinny.

1.Yes you can manage pretty ok with 7-8cm but nobody cares what happens after. Recovery is way harder. You think why Parihar or Birkholtz have 6cm borderline?

2. Why not 6cm? You will be 179 so really close to what you want to achieve. Imho breaking tibias just for 3cm is kinda pointless.

maximuskoncept

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 01:44:07 AM »

Sorry I meant to write 93cm, not 83cm, haha thanks for pointing that out.

I guess 6cm works...but would the difference between 6 vs 7 really be that big? Sorry to get bogged down on the details. :)

CCMidwest

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 03:01:56 PM »

1. Is 7-8cm with Guichet also a high risk endeavor? His Q&A and website suggests that its doable but largely depends on conditioning and mentality. I'll definitely do my best. Assume he says he could do it, would the dangers of 8cm internal femur really be significantly higher than 5cm femur?

8cm is 60% more lengthening than 5cm. Yes, much more risky.

I have spoken to 2 guys in real life that did 8cm on femurs. I have spoken to 10 others that did between 4-6cm. The recovery for the 8cm guys was much, much longer and harder than the ones that did less.

One of the 8cm guys was 2 years post LL and still had issues.

All 3 of the main US CLL doctor's have told me that the vast majority of CLL patients do not go over 6cm.
5'7.5

Antonio

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »

I still think your arms are too short to pull off more than 4 cm femurs. Even now your fingertips hardly reach below your crotch. Just my opinion.

You said: "if i'm gonna pay a lot of money to grow taller, might as well actually grow 'tall', right?"

True, to a certain extent. You have to consider the disadvantages in proportions, risk, and recovery time for every mm above 5cm.

1. 7-8 cm is high risk with any doctor. Most scientific studies show average lengthening of 4-5cm. There is a reason that the Fitbone, PRECICE and ISKD have max lengthening of 8cm

2. Tibia is even higher risk than femur as you are breaking 2 bones, and it does not have the mass or the consolidation rate of the femur. Guichet will not do tibia unless it is for non-cosmetic or correctional purposes.

Good luck!

KrP1

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 06:05:22 PM »

You look like you are 165 not 173. Did you measure your self correctly? You have short arms but i think you could do 7cm and look perfectly normal
Pages: [1]   Go Up