Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: German law prohibits to make x-rays of healthy people  (Read 2897 times)

Chris

German law prohibits to make x-rays of healthy people
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:16:27 PM »

Do you guys think it is necessary to send a x-ray with my application for a LL surgery in order to be taken seriously by the clinic/doctor?
I wanna go to the ISIC in India btw, so it will probably be hard enough to convince them of doing LL in any case.

I'm asking, because it has turned out to be illegal in Germany to make x-rays without any indication of the patient being sick - not even with the consent of the patient.
I already got turned down by a clinic and an orthopedist and both referred to the same law. Not joking, that's really what happened  :(
Now I really wonder how the famous German LL doctors can possibly make x-rays of their LL patients' lower body prior the surgery, since they are still in good health.
Maybe they are just not that law-abiding, I don't know...

Maybe I should just go and ask one of them to make some x-rays of my legs for surgery in another clinic  :P
Or I'll have to travel to another European country then, just for some stupid x-rays  ::)

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: German law prohibits to make x-rays of healthy people
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:22:47 PM »

How they will check that u are healthy? Can't you say that you had accident or something and you need to see if u broken something?

Jessie Believer

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:47:17 PM »

Taking X-rays right before the surgery is an indication! Even though you're healthy it is necessary in this case, e.g. To plan the operation and other reasons like looking for contraindications. Since the X-ray of the first consultation is meant for giving the indication the this operation it's not illegal.

Chris

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 04:56:27 PM »

How they will check that u are healthy? Can't you say that you had accident or something and you need to see if u broken something?

Then they would only x-ray one small area and not my entire legs. Plus the doctors here are pretty good at pinpointing problems.

Taking X-rays right before the surgery is an indication! Even though you're healthy it is necessary in this case, e.g. To plan the operation and other reasons like looking for contraindications. Since the X-ray of the first consultation is meant for giving the indication the this operation it's not illegal.

With "prior the surgery" I meat the x-rays which are typically taken for the consultation. That's what these two totally unrelated Doctors refused me to give because of the aforementioned law. Sorry, I should have made it more clear.

Edit: I won't give up, I'll call and write to every clinic a can find, till someone finally thinks that going to have LL in a 3th-world-country is indication enough to take x-rays of my legs and to do some checkups before I go there :P

I'm a real LL-patient.

ub40

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 05:29:37 PM »

I don't think they'll care, they'll take you seriously regardless. Is there a reason you have decided on India?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Deads

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 05:39:54 PM »

I don't think they'll care, they'll take you seriously regardless. Is there a reason you have decided on India?

People choose India for one reason.

Chris

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »

People choose India for one reason.

Hahah, yes only one  ;D

But who knows, maybe this is going to be the magical place in India we are all hoping for: cheap as dirt, and with skilled doctors who even care for their patients :P
The potential is there.  We will see...
I'm a real LL-patient.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 05:53:07 PM »

Birkholtz in south africa is pretty cheap too.

Deads

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 06:00:56 PM »

Hahah, yes only one  ;D

But who knows, maybe this is going to be the magical place in India we are all hoping for: cheap as dirt, and with skilled doctors who even care for their patients :P
The potential is there.  We will see...

Mangal Parihar is your man.
Pages: [1]   Go Up