Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Shortest and Tallest cities/states in the US  (Read 14808 times)

Penguinn

Shortest and Tallest cities/states in the US
« on: August 31, 2016, 08:18:05 AM »

Sorry if this has been asked before. Can any Americans give me insight?

Also how's Bay Area, SF in terms of height?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Shortest and Tallest cities/states in the US
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 08:46:59 AM »

Big coastal cities seem to have a smaller average height, and from experience the larger people are concentrated in the upper midwest like Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Dakotas due to the high concentration of people with Scandinavian ancestry.You'll see a lot of short people in the bay area.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 08:55:05 AM »

Nice, I plan on moving to Bay Area eventually and don't wanna feel like a *total* midget at 5'5.
What about Oregon?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 10:21:01 AM »

Nice, I plan on moving to Bay Area eventually and don't wanna feel like a *total* midget at 5'5.
What about Oregon?

I haven't been there, but generally cities with a large Latino population will make short guys stick out less, so Los Angeles and San Diego are good options.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 11:52:14 AM »

I felt a bit more "normal" when i visited family in a Chicago.

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 12:55:00 PM »

Chicago's short? Are you sure?

CCMidwest

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 01:00:46 PM »

Penguinn,

I've lived (or worked in for extended periods) a lot of places in the US.

Where I felt short at 5'7.5:

South Dakota
North Dakota
Minnesota
Iowa
Nebraska (except Omaha)
Illinois

Where I felt very average in the US:

Texas
Oregon
Washington State
California
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Utah
Nevada
Florida

Specific cities I felt most comfortable in, height wise:

Omaha, Nebraska
Seattle, Washington
Vancouver, Washington
Los Angeles, California
San Fransisco, California
Dallas, Texas
Houston, Texas
Austin, Texas
Denver, Colorado
Miami, Florida
Portland, Oregon

These are all large diverse cities with larger Hispanic, Asian, and Indian populations.

By far my favorite area in the country is the Pacific Northwest, which is Washington State and Oregon. I personally will be moving to Vancouver Washington in the near future, as it is very close to both Seattle, WA and Portland, Ore, but is a much cheaper place to live than either of those cities.
5'7.5

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 01:11:36 PM »

Remember where im coming from.

I think it's more about consistency of people height where i'm living. When i have been in a chicago i could just see people similar height and age to me which was nice since here chance to spot any young 5'5 guy is close to none.

Never claimed that its a short city i just felt a bit taller there lol.

CCMidwest

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 01:12:13 PM »

I'm gonna disagree that they are shorter there. It's a large city though, so it's pretty diverse.

I've been to Chicago a lot, in fact I will be catching a flight there later this week for work.
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 01:14:42 PM »

Remember where im coming from.

I think it's more about consistency of people height where i'm living. When i have been in a chicago i could just see people similar height and age to me which was nice since here chance to spot any young 5'5 guy is close to none.

This I agree with.

I've said it before here, but living in a diverse area is a huge thing for us shorter guys. Just like myspaceboyfriend, I live in an area where I can go a long time without seeing someone my height or shorter.
5'7.5

Penguinn

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 01:21:10 PM »

These are all large diverse cities with larger Hispanic, Asian, and Indian populations.

By far my favorite area in the country is the Pacific Northwest, which is Washington State and Oregon. I personally will be moving to Vancouver Washington in the near future, as it is very close to both Seattle, WA and Portland, Ore, but is a much cheaper place to live than either of those cities.
Thank you, that was very detailed. :)

Is Bay Area very diverse? I have some family there so it's my first option if I wanna be in US. I'm very cool knowing I'll always be short even at 5'5 post LL but I don't wanna be a midget. :P

CCMidwest

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 01:25:04 PM »

Thank you, that was very detailed. :)

Is Bay Area very diverse? I have some family there so it's my first option if I wanna be in US. I'm very cool knowing I'll always be short even at 5'5 post LL but I don't wanna be a midget. :P

No problem man.

Yeah, it is very diverse. It's one of the most expensive places to live in the country though.

Edit: Best advice I can give you man is live along the west coast or the southern border. I'm not familiar with the east coast that much. I've been there, NYC, Boston, etc...but not long enough to get a feel for it.
5'7.5

Penguinn

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 01:28:40 PM »

After the apartment prices in Mumbai, no apartment is too expensive.

If one literally transferred their dollars to rupees, which should already give you a huge advantage, a good 2 bedroom apartment in a good area would cost $500K to a million. And in an excellent, sea-facing area...4-5 times that. India is cheap everywhere else but houses in big cities, goddamn. Blame the population.

Penguinn

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 01:29:58 PM »

Edit: Best advice I can give you man is live along the west coast or the southern border. I'm not familiar with the east coast that much. I've been there, NYC, Boston, etc...but not long enough to get a feel for it.
SF's my plan anyway. Much appreciated.

CCMidwest

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 01:50:06 PM »

SF's my plan anyway. Much appreciated.

Just don't live in the Dakota's/Minnesota area, ok?

My God, what do they put in the water here?

Whatever it is, it makes people very tall, and very, very stupid.
5'7.5

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 09:46:17 PM »

Interesting information. I agree for most of the cities mentioned here
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Mtall

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 04:49:52 PM »

Just don't live in the Dakota's/Minnesota area, ok?

My God, what do they put in the water here?

Whatever it is, it makes people very tall, and very, very stupid.

Hey CCMidwest, thanks for that incredibly detailed contribution above in the post.

What would you say about Michigan? Because Michigan's quite close (geographically) to the states you mentioned.

LLFinder

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 10:50:41 PM »

Nope I'm from Sammamish WA and I didn't feel comfortable at all with 5'7. Even now at 5'11.5 I'm feeling just average.

LookingAround

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 10:38:45 PM »

I am from a major east coast American city (NY / DC / Philly / Boston). One thing I've noticed is that, while the average height in these areas is indeed lower due to the immigrants, the white / upper middle class population is exceptionally tall.  I would say the average young man is around 5'11, maybe even 6'.  Indeed, just last Friday I was out with 10 of my friends (10 guys, also some girls) and I was the only guy under 6' at 5'10.

When you walk around the wealthy residential neighborhoods or the financial district of this city, the average height is noticeably higher than the touristy areas (mostly American tourists but plenty of international people) or middle / working class neighborhoods. In the office building I work, which is full of investment banks, law firms, software companies etc, I feel short at 5'10, even with a half inch wedge in my heel.

At my major east coast university, I noticed that most of the kids from wealthy suburbs of the major east coast cities tended to be higher. Often times, I would wear timberland when going to parties to make up for my relative shortness, and I did notice I got more female attention when I wore them. I really do think 6' is about average for upper middle class white men nowadays.

Anyway, this is why I would like to get a good 6 cm adjustment, even at my average to slightly tall height, as a person can be tall for the population and even tall for their region and still be noticeably shorter than their peers.
Current Height: 177 CM
Desired Height: 181-182 CM

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 10:47:38 PM »

There are more average height/tall users on this forum than actual short people lmao. I can't imagine how many doctors who operate on the non-short people are laughing at them after they put them under. As someone who is 5'11, if I found out one of my friends at this height got leg lengthening I would heckle them for the rest of their life. Thanks for the entertainment guys.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 10:50:32 PM »

I really do think 6' is about average for upper middle class white men nowadays.

What goes on in your head does not match reality. You're insecure so you focus on anyone who is taller than you, and it makes you believe that there are more tall people than there are actually present. Not to menton that because you view the top of heads from eye level you greatly over estimate the heights of those around you.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

Alu

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 10:57:15 PM »

There are more average height/tall users on this forum than actual short people lmao. I can't imagine how many doctors who operate on the non-short people are laughing at them after they put them under. As someone who is 5'11, if I found out one of my friends at this height got leg lengthening I would heckle them for the rest of their life. Thanks for the entertainment guys.

Man what is your story for being here lol. I can kinda appreciate it though, not gonna lie.

Big Daddy

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 11:10:31 PM »

Man what is your story for being here lol. I can kinda appreciate it though, not gonna lie.

Saw a thread pointing to r/short on r/subredditdrama, and there I saw posts from guys who are 5'9 - 6'0 talking about getting leg lengthening and this forum and another were mentioned.  The other one is kinda dead and threads like this are funny. 

To me getting your legs lengthened at 5'9 and up is beyond silly.  When you're that height,  money/success in general is the primary factor that determines respect from peers and success with women.  A 6'0 guy post-CLL with less money after blowing $75,000 - $120,000 on this will not be looked at in a better light than the 5'9+ guy who used that money on a nice car or an investment.

LookingAround

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 11:16:51 PM »

Nearly every time I take a rough census of the men around me (while hanging out, at work etc.) I notice that the average height is close to 6'. That friend group, as I mentioned is almost entirely 6' to 6'2". My roommates in college were on average 6'; the last 10 guys I lived with, 3 were shorter and 5 were taller.  The office i work in, with 10 men, has 3 shorter / the same height as me and 7 taller than me. I am very objective in my observations. It seems like 5'10 (my height) is roughly the 40th percentile for my peers thus average must be 5'11 or even 6'.

The average height for young white men is 5'10.5". If you assume that the poorer half are closer to the rest of the population (5'9") then the other half must be 5'11" to 6' to make up for that shortness.  And yes, height and socioeconomic status have an obvious connection.

As for you making fun of a 5'11 guy for having the surgery, I agree that most people would have that reaction, hence why I wouldn't tell a soul and just make the transition by hunching over / wearing flat soled shoes for a while.

LookingAround

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 11:18:55 PM »

Saw a thread pointing to r/short on r/subredditdrama, and there I saw posts from guys who are 5'9 - 6'0 talking about getting leg lengthening and this forum and another were mentioned.  The other one is kinda dead and threads like this are funny. 

To me getting your legs lengthened at 5'9 and up is beyond silly.  When you're that height,  money/success in general is the primary factor that determines respect from peers and success with women.  A 6'0 guy post-CLL with less money after blowing $75,000 - $120,000 on this will not be looked at in a better light than the 5'9+ guy who used that money on a nice car or an investment.

Unfortunately your opinion is just that: your opinion. It does not matter what you think. You should find something better to do as I promise you will be booted for your rudeness and minimal value-add.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 11:24:27 PM »

Dude i'm living in one of the tallest countries in the world and there is no way 6 foot is an average.

There are more average height/tall users on this forum than actual short people lmao. I can't imagine how many doctors who operate on the non-short people are laughing at them after they put them under.

Well if they just want to get taller for the sake of it who cares. But i gotta agree that average height people blaming their every failure because they are not the allmighty 6' is quite silly.

As someone who is 5'11, if I found out one of my friends at this height got leg lengthening I would heckle them for the rest of their life.

I wish i could say something like that : (

Big Daddy

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2016, 11:24:49 PM »

Unfortunately your opinion is just that: your opinion. It does not matter what you think. You should find something better to do as I promise you will be booted for your rudeness and minimal value-add.

My opinion would be in line with just about any psych who saw you for an evaluation. If you're so fragile as to be unable to bear anyone finding out you had this surgery, and can't stand that other people would call you out for thinking of doing something stupid, what makes you possibly think you could handle what leg lengthening and recovery requires?

LookingAround

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2016, 11:31:34 PM »

My opinion would be in line with just about any psych who saw you for an evaluation. If you're so fragile as to be unable to bear anyone finding out you had this surgery, and can't stand that other people would call you out for thinking of doing something stupid, what makes you possibly think you could handle what leg lengthening and recovery requires?

k thanks

Big Daddy

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2016, 11:33:16 PM »

TIBIKE200

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2016, 11:40:37 PM »

Average height statistics are pretty accurate... It's all in your head... If everything is fine with your life and you have such a great self-esteem, why would you even try to improve yourself physically by such drastic means? What will happen once you will be 6' and suddenly walk by a bunch of young dutch tourists which most of them will be likely taller than you? Your experience in life was better wearing timberland boots? So wear those and have fun....
I learned some stuff during this time

LookingAround

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 12:08:09 AM »

Average height statistics are pretty accurate... It's all in your head... If everything is fine with your life and you have such a great self-esteem, why would you even try to improve yourself physically by such drastic means? What will happen once you will be 6' and suddenly walk by a bunch of young dutch tourists which most of them will be likely taller than you? Your experience in life was better wearing timberland boots? So wear those and have fun....

I have already provided the mathematical basis for my 5'11 to 6' average height belief. The average young white American male is 5'10.5.  Factor in upper middle class social economic status and its probably more like 5'11 to 5'11.5.

I wear a suit 90% of my time in public. I don't know if Timbs would quite match the rest of my outfit.

Why is it that there are plenty of people who think average height people must not have this surgery, as if it is fine for short people but terrible for average height people?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up