Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shortest and Tallest cities/states in the US  (Read 14804 times)

TIBIKE200

Re: Shortest and Tallest cities/states in the US
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2016, 11:40:37 PM »

Average height statistics are pretty accurate... It's all in your head... If everything is fine with your life and you have such a great self-esteem, why would you even try to improve yourself physically by such drastic means? What will happen once you will be 6' and suddenly walk by a bunch of young dutch tourists which most of them will be likely taller than you? Your experience in life was better wearing timberland boots? So wear those and have fun....
I learned some stuff during this time

LookingAround

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2016, 12:08:09 AM »

Average height statistics are pretty accurate... It's all in your head... If everything is fine with your life and you have such a great self-esteem, why would you even try to improve yourself physically by such drastic means? What will happen once you will be 6' and suddenly walk by a bunch of young dutch tourists which most of them will be likely taller than you? Your experience in life was better wearing timberland boots? So wear those and have fun....

I have already provided the mathematical basis for my 5'11 to 6' average height belief. The average young white American male is 5'10.5.  Factor in upper middle class social economic status and its probably more like 5'11 to 5'11.5.

I wear a suit 90% of my time in public. I don't know if Timbs would quite match the rest of my outfit.

Why is it that there are plenty of people who think average height people must not have this surgery, as if it is fine for short people but terrible for average height people?
Current Height: 177 CM
Desired Height: 181-182 CM

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2016, 12:14:09 AM »

Why is it that there are plenty of people who think average height people must not have this surgery, as if it is fine for short people but terrible for average height people?

Depends WHY you want to have this surgery.

LookingAround

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2016, 12:40:44 AM »

Depends WHY you want to have this surgery.

In a sentence, the exact same reason every guy here would do this: to fulfill my narcissistic desires.

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2016, 12:44:20 AM »

First mistake is thinking that a guy your height wants leg lengthening for the same reason a guy who is 5'4 would want it.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2016, 12:47:55 AM »

In a sentence, the exact same reason every guy here would do this: to fulfill my narcissistic desires.

First of all, speak for yourself. Second... you ever didnt get a job/got fired because of your height? Because people like me or Kilokahn did.
So no, not everybody does it for their "narcissistic desires". There are people that just don't want to face the stigma of being short stature.

But i don't think you just want to be taller for the sake of it, especially when you are focusing that much on someone else height when you are average yourself.

Anyway, i recommend you to invest in a shrink first, you need to do it anyway if you are going for surgery like LL.

LookingAround

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2016, 12:54:40 AM »

If you are obsessed with your own appearance you are a narcissist.  If you are willing to do an expensive, risky, surgery that will only improve your appearance, then you are obsessed with your appearance.  Whether you are 5'0 or 6'0, if you are considering this surgery then you are a narcissist.

I also don't appreciate the ad-hominem attacks nor understand what they "give" you.  I will be the better man and just ignore them though ;).

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2016, 01:04:23 AM »

If you are obsessed with your own appearance you are a narcissist.  If you are willing to do an expensive, risky, surgery that will only improve your appearance, then you are obsessed with your appearance.  Whether you are 5'0 or 6'0, if you are considering this surgery then you are a narcissist.

I also don't appreciate the ad-hominem attacks nor understand what they "give" you.  I will be the better man and just ignore them though ;).

You still didnt give me a reason behind your obssession which is crucial here. You want to do this surgery only because you "have some people at job that are taller than me".

But guys that are 5'5 and under it are shorter than almost everybody so comparing them to 6 footer is just freakin silly.
Problems with job, respect, clothes and don't even start me on romantic interests. Think about being different than everybody around you.

But whatever, this forum starts to be /r/short mumbling constantly that if you are not 6 foot you are worth nothing. Ehh.

LookingAround

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2016, 01:06:42 AM »

I never said or implied any of that.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 01:10:08 AM »

You said that everybody has the same reason, that's enough for me.

But apparently people with their limbs amputated or body burns which got depressed over their appearance are narcissistic lmao.

LookingAround

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2016, 01:13:45 AM »

Now you're rambling and drawing false equivalencies. 

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2016, 01:15:05 AM »

If you are obsessed with your own appearance you are a narcissist.

It's your statement, not mine.

LookingAround

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2016, 01:16:59 AM »

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had to spell out the obvious exceptions...

Alu

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2016, 01:17:09 AM »

Saw a thread pointing to r/short on r/subredditdrama, and there I saw posts from guys who are 5'9 - 6'0 talking about getting leg lengthening and this forum and another were mentioned.  The other one is kinda dead and threads like this are funny. 

To me getting your legs lengthened at 5'9 and up is beyond silly.  When you're that height,  money/success in general is the primary factor that determines respect from peers and success with women.  A 6'0 guy post-CLL with less money after blowing $75,000 - $120,000 on this will not be looked at in a better light than the 5'9+ guy who used that money on a nice car or an investment.

Was it this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/4t0tjr/a_wee_bit_o_drama_in_rshort_after_a_man_says_he/

Because, honestly, in relation to narcissism... this thread is gold. It's such a damn good thread to read through lol. Some good and some bad... but mostly good because it gives you an outside perspective, which is nice.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2016, 01:21:01 AM »

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had to spell out the obvious exceptions...

I have nothing really more to say to you lol.

Ozymandias

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2016, 07:37:38 AM »

This is blatantly false, and you know it.

CCMidwest

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »

Hey CCMidwest, thanks for that incredibly detailed contribution above in the post.

What would you say about Michigan? Because Michigan's quite close (geographically) to the states you mentioned.

Never been there, sorry.

5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2016, 03:22:59 PM »

Was it this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/4t0tjr/a_wee_bit_o_drama_in_rshort_after_a_man_says_he/

Because, honestly, in relation to narcissism... this thread is gold. It's such a damn good thread to read through lol. Some good and some bad... but mostly good because it gives you an outside perspective, which is nice.

The first thing I noticed reading that thread is how many people stating that men over 6' are the minority...

According to this forum, they are all liars lol. Don't they know 6' is average?
5'7.5

Penguinn

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2016, 04:09:08 PM »

Do you see a difference between a poor person putting himself through hell for a lot of money, and a millionaire putting himself through hell for a lot of money?

It's your body anyway, if you think it's worth it, do your thing.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2016, 04:32:06 PM »

According to this forum, they are all liars lol. Don't they know 6' is average?

Maybe in some manlet city. We in Canberra are at least 8' average.

Unfortunately people see what they want to see.

Bander72

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2016, 09:01:29 AM »

I can definitely say I am as I am at the tip of 5"9 in the morning. I have had hair transplants, gone to expensive dermatologist and  know gone so far to desire a limb lengthening surgery.

Basically doing all this so I can be the image to people of what I feel like inside.

Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Penguinn

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2016, 03:35:43 AM »

OregonMade

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2016, 06:06:58 PM »

Sorry if this has been asked before. Can any Americans give me insight?

Also how's Bay Area, SF in terms of height?

Lots of asians, so you will be tall.  I just moved from the silicon Valley.  SF has a lot of short people.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2016, 01:04:06 AM »

I have to chime in here. First off, making fun of anyone for things out of their control (height, skin color, family, country of origin etc.) is  despicable and ignorant. Second, everyone has their own reason for having cosmetic procedures done but it's mostly due to an inferiority complex as a result of enduring systematic discrimination and bias. Discrimination sucks for everyone but it is NOT, I repeat absolutely NOT the same degree all across the board. At 5'10, getting LL is more about introducing a variable to produce net benefits (clinch that top 10% alpha status) a guy at 5'6, getting LL is about removing a harmful variable (getting sh!t on for being short). A guy who gets crap at 5'10-5'11 for being too "short" doesn't hold himself to the same level of shame as a guy who is 5'7 and below. The guy at 5'10 is well aware he is in the average height for most countries and above average in others so he can immediately write his accuser off as irrational and in the wrong (person's character/beliefs about self remain validated and intact). However, the guy below 5'7  KNOWS he's short and whenever he is insulted about his height he is complete agreement with that insult....do you know how much cognitive dissonance is created when you've been insulted by someone and you both know it's true? It's a very bitter pill to swallow. You can't call them crazy, or wrong, or refute their argument because they're stating objective facts not some abstract statement open to interpretation and analysis.
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

sashawiak

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2016, 12:03:13 AM »

I find that the more south you go, the shorter people seem to be. In you're in the Midwest or especially the northeast people are usually taller than average. I've been to Kentucky/Georgia/Tennessee/Alabama and I felt more like an average girl whereas I feel extremely small when I'm in the aforementioned areas, even with heels on.

States and cities with higher Latino and Asian populations have a smaller average height, like everyone else said. More white and black population usually means taller people. Out in the west you'll probably see shorter people too since, again, there are a lot of Latino and Asian people living there.

Thatdude950

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2016, 12:29:33 PM »

Saw a thread pointing to r/short on r/subredditdrama, and there I saw posts from guys who are 5'9 - 6'0 talking about getting leg lengthening and this forum and another were mentioned.  The other one is kinda dead and threads like this are funny. 

To me getting your legs lengthened at 5'9 and up is beyond silly.  When you're that height,  money/success in general is the primary factor that determines respect from peers and success with women.  A 6'0 guy post-CLL with less money after blowing $75,000 - $120,000 on this will not be looked at in a better light than the 5'9+ guy who used that money on a nice car or an investment.

I've been saying the same thing. It's insane, isn't it.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2016, 01:03:29 PM »

I've been saying the same thing. It's insane, isn't it.

He is saying it for average height people... You say it to people oh all heights....
I learned some stuff during this time
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up