Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LIMBPLASTX DR. D, GREAT GUY, ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS.  (Read 1396 times)

Chuckd633

• Visitor
LIMBPLASTX DR. D, GREAT GUY, ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS.
« on: May 01, 2019, 07:08:34 PM »

Hi Guys, my name is Chuck D for this purpose of this site.

I am a patient at Limbplastx and had it done at the beginning of 2019.   I chose Limbplastx for many reasons but some of the reasons are that they are very responsive to my requests, be it rx’s for wheelchairs etc, preauthorizations.  I have been researching this surgery for many years, and essentially gave up on it.  But after reading about Dr. D’s reputation, his infallible education, and the fact that he is very approachable, it was a no brainer.  You know mechanics know the best mechanics and physicians know the best physicians.   It was definitely worth the trip to Las Vegas, i mean come on, Las Vegas, can you do better for accomodations, food?  I started at 5”5, my goal is 6 feet, not sure if i can make it safely, but i trust Dr. D with my life and would follow any reccomendations he would give me.  Right now now i am on combination narcs and muscle relaxers.  Even with all that i knew, i still spoke with one of his patients who was similar in race and wt to me.   He gave him glowing reviews.  He is playing basketball 85% back to baseline on 12/17, and his surgery was the beginning of the September, in-fking credible!

Below is kind of day by day. 

Days

0   Days minus surgery, you should prepare with calcium, vit d, synergy, nl working out, if you have to pick b/w yoga and working out, i recommend yoga

Get rolling walker (most important)
Get cane
Get wheelchair.... all on amazon, and reasonable
Try to get pain meds BEFORE surgery, because if you don’t and its the weekend, you might be fked for pain control, luckily i had that preplanned
1   Take you to suite, very nice, take your name and put you into a holding area that is private, nurse comes in and gets your history and get you an iv
   Anesthesia assesses your airway, and whether you smoke or not
Limbplastx doc takes care of everything.... i didn’t like the foley, but who does?  Dr. D was a gentleman, always pushed to keep moving and never was in a hurry, answered every question i had
   Go to sleep, and wake up and its over....worst pain for me was the foley to be honest, not the rods of metal in my femurs ☺
2   POD (post op day) and right after surgery, you can try oral narcs, i would just use iv narcs, which ever works
3   I didn’t go to the bathroom at all at hospital, big mistake, take relistor, something to get you going
4   2 days in hospital and you go home, don’t use make a mistake like me and use an suv, that   was real painful to get into
5   I think 1-2 weeks bedrest, 2 weeks rolling walker, and attempt cane or crutches
   Be careful when you drive the pain meds creep up and you don’t know it
Day 5 + 2 weeks so pod 17   You are now actually talking w. Family rather than getting up to eat and then going back to bed
18   Cane works ok, but you will still need narcs for bone pain.....in my case, and i  am still not at consolidation phase yet, i think you need narcs for bone pain, and during stretch 3 x / day (0.33mm each leg x 3)
19    Prolly the worst part of my process was having nl bm’s.... relistor is super expensive, but a bowel perforation cause you’re full of   is a lot or expensive, manually disimpacting myself was the lowpoint of the whole experience, movantik (expensive) but works, is what worked for me....find out what works for you and do it quick
Pod 19+  7 weeks   Pretty standard, narcs when you need, sometimes lengthen can hurt, sometimes, nothing at all... around 55 mm, go to pt, some exercises suck, some are good, all pt is necessary

wannagrowtaller

Re: LIMBPLASTX DR. D, GREAT GUY, ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 07:20:01 PM »

How much will you lengthen in each segment to go from 5'5" to 6'?
Go for it

Chuckd633

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 07:44:26 PM »

maybe 80, and 50, one can only hope :P

i haven't even been approved for tibs

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 08:00:46 PM »

8+5=13
165+13=178
You will be 5'10", not 6'.
Go for it

dinozzo

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 09:01:29 PM »

It looks like you are only promoting the doctor, this forum is weird, with fake diaries and very few real ones. The surgery is done everywhere in the world, some make it look like a real torture, while others make it look like a formality. Those who have diaries can't they put some pictures? it's not like they are putting their faces on, we just need to see something real. And as an advice there are several people acting like intermediate between patients and doctors, they take a lot of money in commission, they absolutely don't care about the patient.

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 09:38:59 PM »

It looks like you are only promoting the doctor, this forum is weird, with fake diaries and very few real ones. The surgery is done everywhere in the world, some make it look like a real torture, while others make it look like a formality. Those who have diaries can't they put some pictures? it's not like they are putting their faces on, we just need to see something real. And as an advice there are several people acting like intermediate between patients and doctors, they take a lot of money in commission, they absolutely don't care about the patient.

+1

there are some fake post here trying to desperately promote this doctor, writing posts with Caps, writing things like 'I trust him with my life' (based on one consultation), attacking me personally when I called out and even sending me PMs to shut me from speaking up what I see is going on. This doctor, even if he does surgeries for free, is a questionable one now because of these desperate shoddy tactics his promoters are employing here.

Movie

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 10:02:02 PM »

+1

there are some fake post here trying to desperately promote this doctor, writing posts with Caps, writing things like 'I trust him with my life' (based on one consultation), attacking me personally when I called out and even sending me PMs to shut me from speaking up what I see is going on. This doctor, even if he does surgeries for free, is a questionable one now because of these desperate shoddy tactics his promoters are employing here.

+2 Specially "Leggs" lol saying just because of his credentials and where he studied he's the best option in the US and trying to defame Dr. Mahboubian... wow you're getting DM's too?! LOL these people are not thinking with common sense... but who knows man.. I've asked for picture evidence to a few, we'll see if they pull through
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

BeYourBest

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 10:03:52 PM »

Few bull sh*t diaries coming up yeah.. it’s really not hard to see through it.

No pictures/videos then no point in my opinion.

Leave it out

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 10:21:36 PM »

Agree, I don't want to get insulting messages from these shoddy desperate promoters, so I will leave it here, done arguing with them, throwing stones in mud only makes us dirty. bye bye shoddy desperate promoters.

Chuckd633

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 03:45:36 AM »

Hey all,

Wanted to post my quick snapshot of the LL x-ray I had a few days ago. I also have to thank everyone who has so positively impacted my journey. Thank you so much... I'm almost to the finish line here, and I have to say without some of you guys... Well, my point is thank you. Anyway, here's me almost ready to consolidate at about 2.5" with the Stryde nails.

https://imgur.com/OQb3rQQ

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 04:18:26 AM »

Will you stop at 6.35cm and consolidate? Will not go for the full 8cm stryde nail allows?
Go for it

Ghostfish

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 06:52:23 AM »

Hi guys
I understand there are some fake diaries or someone promoting docs. But I think at least we shouldn't judge it too early and don't hurt each other.  We all come here to find info and help each other, hopefully.

Hi Chuckd633
Thanks for sharing your experience here.  Your lengthening looks great!
Wish you the best of luck for your journey to cll!

Leggs

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 01:14:25 PM »

Hey all,

Wanted to post my quick snapshot of the LL x-ray I had a few days ago. I also have to thank everyone who has so positively impacted my journey. Thank you so much... I'm almost to the finish line here, and I have to say without some of you guys... Well, my point is thank you. Anyway, here's me almost ready to consolidate at about 2.5" with the Stryde nails.

https://imgur.com/OQb3rQQ

As I say to everyone who is lengthening with STRYDE. Please post some videos of yourself. They are the best way to reflect the true experience. YouTube offers an insanely easy process to blur your face when you upload a video, so no privacy concerns.
Pages: [1]   Go Up