Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can we fix X-legs?  (Read 6552 times)

Sweden

How can we fix X-legs?
« on: February 16, 2016, 03:02:05 PM »

X-legs is a bitch. It will lead to arthritis in your knees and then you're fked for life.

I just signed up at a new gym and have an appointment with a new physio therapist next week.

I will now do everything in my power to try and fix my X-legs. It was way worse before so that's why I think I can fix it somehow.

If not, I will demand surgery. My knees ache every day, but I can stand it. It's not terrible, but it's enough for me to try and fix it now.
I will add mass to my thighs as I had before the surgery and I will get my butt back.

I will be cycling, doing heavy squats and leg press until I break. Cycling 7 days/week and heavy gym 5-6 days/week.
My coach has helped me with a new diet so I can't fail. He predicts I'll get my muscles back around July if I stick to the program.

Don't ask why I haven't done it before. LL is a serious surgery that affects your mental state in a way you can never imagine.
You can never get properly prepared.

I'm an athlete and I miss having goals to achieve. This will be my new diary regarding the X-legs, genu valgum, I retrieved from lengthening 7cm with Dr Sarin January 2013 - April 2013. I didn't stand up enough and my feet were hanging to the sides so maybe my tibias got twisted somehow. But I think the ilizarov should hold them in place.
It's the femurs that clearly are twisted from muscle atrophy.

I'll let you know. Pictures will come. Discussions about X-legs are most welcome.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Thatdude950

Re: How can we fix X-legs?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 03:12:19 PM »

Good luck, I hope you can get back to squatting heavy. In theory longer tibs are a bio mechanical advantage, and if anyone can make it work it's you. I think you're the only athlete on here.

texasbruce

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 03:40:27 PM »

what is the cause of it? Did you go to an orthopaedist to check it out?

Don't go to psysio or push yourself to gym before going to a doctor first... It may get worse. If it is caused by bone deformity, you might need to correct it.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 03:49:26 PM »

X legs are caused by misallignment of the tibias/fibulas or femurs. The correction is either with Ilizarov or other orthopedic techniques... The fact that you got it with your doctor during LL means that your doctor doesnt know anything about correcting common complications like misallignments
I learned some stuff during this time

texasbruce

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 03:53:46 PM »

X legs are caused by misallignment of the tibias/fibulas or femurs. The correction is either with Ilizarov or other orthopedic techniques... The fact that you got it with your doctor during LL means that your doctor doesnt know anything about correcting common complications like misallignments

Now I really wanna know what is Sarin's major. Any trained orthopaedic should know these things. Is he even a licensed doctor/surgeon?

crimsontide

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »

the x legs are caused by a bone deformity

you've had this problem a while, and  the odds of it just disappearing are close to zero

an x ray would be all that's needed to show  if it's a bone issue...

Sweden

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 06:59:19 PM »

My femurs are twisted inwards. Not my tibias.

It was way worse right after frame removal and it has gotten much better since then. So how do you explain that?

I'll make a doctors appointment too to hear what they have to say about it. I'm determined to get rid of it now.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

crimsontide

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 07:49:00 PM »

sweden... you've been making excuses   for a long time about this problem, saying it's not bone, just muscles

get an x ray of your legs and post it....    it's a very simple thing that takes about  5 minutes, and it will tell you  definitively if the issue is caused by bone

you lengthened and broke your tibias, not your femurs... I don't think your femurs are twisted...

simple x ray will answer this question...

lenthening tibias is known to cause valgus, while femur lengthening produces varus.... another reason why it's most likely tibial malaligment... I'll go look at your diary piuctures again

crimsontide

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 08:02:33 PM »

just saw the videos

your running was awkward... but its better than where I'm at currently

can you even run now?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 08:10:27 PM »

It was way worse right after frame removal and it has gotten much better since then. So how do you explain that?

I'll make a doctors appointment too to hear what they have to say about it. I'm determined to get rid of it now.

Your femurs are twisted inward in order to compensate the fact that your tibial malallignment is twisted outward... You cant get a femur deformity from tibial lengthening... You got better because your body adapted (since the body is an amazing almost perfect machine) to the "new axis" of your knee joint. Usually while lengthening the tibia there is a malallignment and in order to correct it, when lengthening is over the ilizarov apparatus is twisted in order to slowly correct the deformity (Look at Lumier's diary where he had a malallignment that was corrected after the lengthening was done).
  Anyway, I wish you the best.

crimsontide

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 08:38:37 PM »

sweden... you're probably going to have your legs rebroken if you wanna fix this issue

I know it's a hard thing to hear... I would get  ilizarov over internal...

texasbruce

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 09:43:45 PM »

Dude seriously you should have done this long ago instead of being in pain and anger all this time... Make sure you go to a good doctor this time

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 11:29:25 PM »

Sweden,
I think I've found the root cause of my crappy athleticism and limited ability in everything besides basic walking. I tried the dorsiflexion shown in this video
They recommend a minimum of  9cm for basic activity. I can get just under 9 with my right leg if I really bend, but it is no where near comfortable or sustainable.

My left leg is far worse- only 4cm of dorsiflexion, I can't even get the knee over the toes... I tried putting the feet back 13cm, the minimum they recommend for squats and running, and I had about a half inch raised on the right heel off the ground and about an inch and a half raised off the left. I've begun to do the exercises shown here to improve to try to get to at least 13cm (the girl did 16cm with relative ease). Hopefully if I can correct this I could actually start running and weight training again.

Sweden and anyone else who's done tibiae, give this test a try. I'm curious to know how far you can get after so many years.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

jaymorgan712

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 02:55:20 AM »

Sweden...people on here have told you several times...and you keep ignoring what we have to say.

I'm going to make this very direct...GET ANOTHER SURGERY! X-LEGS is caused by misalignment. Even if you were Goliath or the strongest, most fittest person in the world...IT WILL NOT FIX YOUR X-LEGS! You need another surgery. if you reply with "I don't have time" or "I can't be bothered" or "I don't have money" then you have a problem. YOU NEED TO GET SURGERY TO FIX IT!

As far as stretching too far...I met two Australians in my country who both grew 6 centimetres and they don't have nearly the problems you talk about. They both say they are fit and can run, jump, and walk just fine. They both claim they are back to 99% to the way they were before the surgery. There is no reason for them to lie about that.

Heck ,even Medium Level Drink Of Water grew to 7.5 centimetres and the only problem he has is kneeling on a hard surface. So, again, nowhere near as the problems you are having.

I hope I have made my point very clear to you. GET SURGERY TO GET THE X-LEGS FIXED! I really hope you get the message this time. If you don't, then I give up! Best of luck.

Jay
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 01:11:34 PM »

BTW, correcting the x legs through surgery (even with Ilizarov) is not complicated at all. The frames are usually on for a few weeks and afterwards you will be fine.

crimsontide

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 05:33:29 PM »

frames are gonna be on more than a few weeks... gonna take a few weeks to correct the deformity, maybe 3, then the frames will be on  a few months at least to guarantee that the bone stays in place

still like it more than nail though

Stripes

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 06:14:12 PM »

Process for correcting with illizarov is around 2 months total considering you have good regeneration

Mtall

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 04:31:54 PM »

lenthening tibias is known to cause valgus, while femur lengthening produces varus.... another reason why it's most likely tibial malaligment... I'll go look at your diary piuctures again

How do you prevent femur lengthening from causing varus?
Pages: [1]   Go Up