Yes
- 21 (58.3%)
No
- 6 (16.7%)
Other(specify)
- 9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll only for LL veterans- was it worth it?  (Read 7400 times)

Penguinn

Poll only for LL veterans- was it worth it?
« on: September 06, 2016, 12:29:23 PM »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Poll only for LL veterans- was it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:49:49 PM »

I think you should talk directly with them rather than making a poll which everybody can take part in.

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 01:11:06 PM »

I'm not PMing everyone that's done LL asking them this. :-X
I'm just curious anyway, not asking this cause I have doubts.

programdude

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 03:03:24 PM »

It is immensely costly in more ways than you can imagine. And even now years later there are still issues to work out.

However, despite all that, I would say its worth it. To not have height be a concern at all anymore, and have tangible results in how I am regarded is quite something that its hard to place a price tag on.

That being said you need to be VERY careful in whether or not you should pursue this.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 03:24:40 PM »

Im currently doing it

Im struggling mentally watching years and years of gym progress and my physique deteriorating, i lost 23kgs weight to do this then ive lost at least another 5 kgs so far. I was 103kgs naturally and i could lift bigger weights with better form than most pros. Watching my body atrophy is just soul destroying but once this is over il get it back muscle loss is only temporary.

I remind myself why im here, the years and years of mental torture because of my height. I had to bite the bullet and do it even if it meant temporarily giving up my physique and strength for a while.

If i hadnt bit the bullet in have driven myself into psychosis or a nervous breakdown. Being 2-4" taller will make you feel better. I stood on 7.5cm blocks in my garage and the further your head gets away from the floor the better you feel about yourself.

Sweden

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 03:35:06 PM »

You'll be sorry if you do 7,5cm. Especially if you want to gain heavy muscles again.

For me it was worth it. I was married when I did it and I'm still married today. I have a new job that pays much more, new house and a new car.

It just feels better being taller.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Penguinn

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 04:12:53 PM »

You'll be sorry if you do 7,5cm. Especially if you want to gain heavy muscles again.

For me it was worth it. I was married when I did it and I'm still married today. I have a new job that pays much more, new house and a new car.

Doing 7.5cms in the femur via internals is quite different from 7.5 on the tibias with externals. I'm (pleasantly)surprised you think it's worth it despite the complications.

Sweden

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 04:20:35 PM »

Thought he was doing tibias. Sorry.

Well, more than 5-6cm alters the body too much and you'll notice it especially in the gym.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Penguinn

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 04:23:13 PM »

Thought you said that to me lol... but there is supposedly someone doing 9cms on tibias. :-X

TIBIKE200

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 07:11:03 PM »

It is immensely costly in more ways than you can imagine. And even now years later there are still issues to work out.

However, despite all that, I would say its worth it. To not have height be a concern at all anymore, and have tangible results in how I am regarded is quite something that its hard to place a price tag on.

That being said you need to be VERY careful in whether or not you should pursue this.

Can you specify that last sentence?

I learned some stuff during this time

LLCaptain

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 10:33:24 PM »

I think LL is worth doing if you are a very short man. The guys that are 5'4 - 5'6 have the biggest gains because you can attain average height with 1 surgery. I was within this range and did 7cm to achieve my dream.

The biggest change in my life is that I no longer think about height. For those of you who are expecting a miracle to solve every problem in your life, LL is not what you're looking for. LL makes you taller, but it doesn't walk your dog or cook you breakfast.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 10:43:09 PM »

I think LL is worth doing if you are a very short man. The guys that are 5'4 - 5'6 have the biggest gains because you can attain average height with 1 surgery. I was within this range and did 7cm to achieve my dream.

The biggest change in my life is that I no longer think about height. For those of you who are expecting a miracle to solve every problem in your life, LL is not what you're looking for. LL makes you taller, but it doesn't walk your dog or cook you breakfast.

Was this change what you expected/wanted? Or you also were delusional like most of us here and on the other "short" forums thinking that adding height will solve many of our discontents?

programdude

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 10:49:41 PM »

Can you specify that last sentence?
If you have a very strict timeline because of work, you could be screwed. For example my recovery took months longer than expected and then after recovery I had a fracture which all would have completely ruined me if I actually had a typical job to get back to. It also cost extra money which wasn't part of my original projection.

Likewise these issues can make it very difficult to keep your surgery secret from people in your life. For example I had to go to the gym on crutches, and had begun to miss holidays due to my lengthy recovery.

My point is you need to have extra money and time or this can be a destructive decision. In a different world it could have been the worst decision I ever made and thrown my life off track completely. However because of my flexible schedule it ended up being ok- despite still dominating my life for years after.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

TIBIKE200

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 11:00:16 PM »

If you have a very strict timeline because of work, you could be screwed. For example my recovery took months longer than expected and then after recovery I had a fracture which all would have completely ruined me if I actually had a typical job to get back to. It also cost extra money which wasn't part of my original projection.

Likewise these issues can make it very difficult to keep your surgery secret from people in your life. For example I had to go to the gym on crutches, and had begun to miss holidays due to my lengthy recovery.

My point is you need to have extra money and time or this can be a destructive decision. In a different world it could have been the worst decision I ever made and thrown my life off track completely. However because of my flexible schedule it ended up being ok- despite still dominating my life for years after.

How long were you on crutches? (not including the fracture after rod removal)

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 12:02:03 AM »

How is this? What amount would you recommend so i can attain my muscles back after this

programdude

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 05:27:45 AM »

How long were you on crutches? (not including the fracture after rod removal)
Honestly I forget, but at least 4-5 months post lengthening(I could theoretically walk for the later portions, but needed them for public.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 09:06:27 PM »

Absolutely worth it for me. I no longer think about height every day and am far less self-conscious about my appearance. I also put more effort into maintaining my health and looking good because I no longer tell myself "What's the point?" This is coming from the perspective of one who had a very successful outcome, though. If I ended up with things like x-legs, ankle stiffness, lingering pain, etc., I'd likely say it wasn't worth it.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Christopherbulder

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 09:59:20 PM »

yes for me is nice story
+7cm femur 2003

DoingItForMe

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 10:51:43 PM »

It was worth it for me, because I had a lot of free time and money to do it, so the sacrifices I gave were a drop in the bucket. But if I had much less time and money, I'd say that it wasn't worth it. I'd have spent that year of my life and money to do a lot of other things that would have been more fun. Like travel around the world or something.

Agreed.
Absolutely worth it for me. I no longer think about height every day and am far less self-conscious about my appearance. I also put more effort into maintaining my health and looking good because I no longer tell myself "What's the point?" This is coming from the perspective of one who had a very successful outcome, though. If I ended up with things like x-legs, ankle stiffness, lingering pain, etc., I'd likely say it wasn't worth it.
Agreed. Not having to think about my height anymore is the biggest improvement in my opinion. I still have lingering pain, and if it doesn't go away when I remove the rods, I'm going to say that it wasn't worth it. Physical pain everyday is not something that can be fixed. But ignoring the fact that I'm short is something that IS possible to do, especially when everything else in your life is going so well.

Yea. The advantages of being taller is not as drastic as some people think it is. If you suffer from depression before, you most likely will suffer from it afterwards. My happiness level before and after LL are about the same. The difference is that I no longer have that wincing/feeling-cursed moment when I remember that I'm short. But now that I can compare short vs average height, I can tell that the difference wasn't so big anyway. There wasn't much I couldn't do while being short that I can do now that I'm taller.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 10:56:43 PM »

Agreed.Agreed. Not having to think about my height anymore is the biggest improvement in my opinion. I still have lingering pain, and if it doesn't go away when I remove the rods, I'm going to say that it wasn't worth it. Physical pain everyday is not something that can be fixed. But ignoring the fact that I'm short is something that IS possible to do, especially when everything else in your life is going so well.Yea. The advantages of being taller is not as drastic as some people think it is. If you suffer from depression before, you most likely will suffer from it afterwards. My happiness level before and after LL are about the same. The difference is that I no longer have that wincing/feeling-cursed moment when I remember that I'm short. But now that I can compare short vs average height, I can tell that the difference wasn't so big anyway. There wasn't much I couldn't do while being short that I can do now that I'm taller.

So basically it's the same effect as someone getting a nose job.. I have spoken with two female friends of mine who both had nose jobs recently. One tried to fight it for 20 years (she did it at 40 years old) and the other waited till she finished the army service. Both said the same thing about "removing" that one thing they hated about themselves, and feeling a HUGE sense of mental relief afterwards.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 11:09:18 PM »

So it can help but it won't solve problems by itself.

I didn't expect more or less tbh.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 01:27:58 AM »

So basically it's the same effect as someone getting a nose job.. I have spoken with two female friends of mine who both had nose jobs recently. One tried to fight it for 20 years (she did it at 40 years old) and the other waited till she finished the army service. Both said the same thing about "removing" that one thing they hated about themselves, and feeling a HUGE sense of mental relief afterwards.
Yes, something like that. Or like removing a large wart on your face. It's something you're self conscious about if you look at yourself in the mirror. But it's something you stop thinking about if you choose to (and destroy all mirrors in your house and never take selfies). There are some people who don't mind it and understand that that's what you're born with. And then there's are those who can't stand it. But the difference is that removing this "Wart" will take a minimal of 3 months of your life away and tens of thousands of dollars.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up