Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar  (Read 186571 times)

Penguinn

Re: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« Reply #186 on: October 04, 2016, 03:28:16 AM »

Yes, I'm going to try my hardest for 7.5. We'll just have to see how consolidation goes once I stop lengthening. Dr. P said getting back to my former self like casual sports would take 9 months since the operation day, but he usually gives a safe, long time frame.

The Kaiser

« Reply #187 on: October 04, 2016, 03:56:38 AM »

Yes, I'm going to try my hardest for 7.5. We'll just have to see how consolidation goes once I stop lengthening. Dr. P said getting back to my former self like casual sports would take 9 months since the operation day, but he usually gives a safe, long time frame.

9 months to become almost pre-op is a good news man, but too much to walk normally after 9 months

onemorefoot

« Reply #188 on: October 04, 2016, 03:58:48 AM »

He might be walking more or less( without crutches) normally in 5-6 months, am I wrong?
Budget will determine my future.

Penguinn

« Reply #189 on: October 04, 2016, 04:56:18 AM »

He might be walking more or less( without crutches) normally in 5-6 months, am I wrong?

Rule of thumb is that consolidation takes 2x the time of lengthening. 75 days(2.5 months) for lengthening = 150 days(5 months) for consolidation, so 7.5 months and some miscellaneous time for being fully recovered post-op.

I do think if all goes well I should walk 5-6 months post-op, but since Dr. P's very careful with weight bearing and walking during healing("A month too late's better than a day too early"), which I agree with after seeing programdude's incident, I might be delayed. I might however, get to switch to crutches very soon after I stop lengthening. We'll see when we get there.

The Kaiser

« Reply #190 on: October 04, 2016, 01:13:08 PM »

Rule of thumb is that consolidation takes 2x the time of lengthening. 75 days(2.5 months) for lengthening = 150 days(5 months) for consolidation, so 7.5 months and some miscellaneous time for being fully recovered post-op.

I do think if all goes well I should walk 5-6 months post-op, but since Dr. P's very careful with weight bearing and walking during healing("A month too late's better than a day too early"), which I agree with after seeing programdude's incident, I might be delayed. I might however, get to switch to crutches very soon after I stop lengthening. We'll see when we get there.

You mean 150 days (5 months) post-op or fight months after finishing lenghtning

Penguinn

« Reply #191 on: October 04, 2016, 02:43:54 PM »

Update - 2 weeks post-op
Went to Mangal Anand and got my X-Rays and my staples removed. They confirmed that distraction was indeed happening, phew. I was worried after the Precice nail antics. I have my X-Rays as sheets but taking a picture of them is impossible, if I'm sent the soft copies on my e-mail I'll upload them. The nail looks pretty big and sturdy in my femur. ;D

I'm randomly reminded of a WTF moment I had at Mangal Anand during my stay. Before using the bedside camode I asked the nurse for toilet paper and she said they didn't provide it and offered gauze pieces. Thankfully turned out I had my own roll in a bag(my family's paranoia paying off). Considering they have a bedside camode, urinal, nurses/wardboys to help you use the same it was so absurd to not have such a basic thing. So to those planning on coming, bring your own internet... and toilet paper. Thank me later.

My pain's still minimal although my right leg is way better with strength than my left. I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone, especially non-full weight bearing patients can do LL alone. If you're going to use Precice or something you 100% need a helper. My sleep has been ok, aside from waking up with sore legs sometimes. I actually slept for 8 hours yesterday and would've slept for more had I not been woken up for lengthening. Appetite's mostly unchanged and I haven't lost that much weight, maybe a kg or 2.

You mean 150 days (5 months) post-op or fight months after finishing lenghtning
Lengthening.

Bander72

« Reply #192 on: October 04, 2016, 03:26:39 PM »

You think with 4 cm It might be possible 4 months consolidation.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

The Kaiser

« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2016, 08:56:13 PM »

so a total of 9 months for fully recovered post-op, what about walking normally and have love with a wife, how many months?

Penguinn

« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2016, 02:51:05 AM »

Not qualified enough to answer these timeframe questions. I'd guess 5-6 months based on past diaries.

The Kaiser

« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2016, 02:59:00 AM »

Not qualified enough to answer these timeframe questions. I'd guess 5-6 months based on past diaries.

but is there a different between recovered and walking normally, or both same?

Bander72

« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2016, 04:08:21 AM »

I think you would be able to walk but a full recovery like runing, jumping, dancing could take 1.5 years or more.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

patientdad

« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2016, 10:53:56 PM »

It will take a year to return to normal walking.

The Kaiser

« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2016, 12:09:51 AM »

It will take a year to return to normal walking.

No way

Iamready

« Reply #199 on: October 06, 2016, 02:08:25 AM »

I agree, it should take a year from the time of surgery to walk exactly as you were before.

The Kaiser

« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2016, 02:35:03 AM »

I agree, it should take a year from the time of surgery to walk exactly as you were before.

depend how much you lengthen, 7.5 cm and you can walk 5-9 months at max, if you used Internal

The Kaiser

« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2016, 02:35:40 AM »

do you mean i will be in crutches over a year!!

Iamready

« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2016, 02:36:24 AM »

sure you'll be off crutches but I am talking about walking normally as if you never got the surgery.

The Kaiser

« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2016, 02:45:45 AM »

sure you'll be off crutches but I am talking about walking normally as if you never got the surgery.

you know that i don't want anyone to know my surgery, so after 4-5 months even if i walk without crutches, do you think its clear am like someone injured?

am really jealous of shyshy

onemorefoot

« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2016, 03:46:36 AM »

What is the precice machine deposit back?? Because of one faulty nail?

Sweden

« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2016, 03:55:37 AM »

You think with 4 cm It might be possible 4 months consolidation.

4cm will take 2-3 months only. After 6 months you are fine.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Penguinn

« Reply #206 on: October 06, 2016, 05:48:54 AM »

Update: X-Rays
-Ignore the really thin horizontal stick you'll see lying around sometimes, that was kept on my thigh during X-Rays to help find the exact point for putting the Precice machine on.

September 22nd(2 days post-op)
1mm lengthened at the time of X-Rays
Right leg
http://imgur.com/a/sRpEm
http://imgur.com/a/LvD82

Left leg
http://imgur.com/a/iqBEJ
http://imgur.com/a/LXbFv

October 4th(2 weeks post-op)
7.66mm lengthened at the time of X-Rays
Right leg
http://imgur.com/a/lE7O0
http://imgur.com/a/EpJSa

Left leg
http://imgur.com/a/tXiiB
http://imgur.com/a/dpW5F

Penguinn

« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2016, 05:52:58 AM »

It looks like my right leg's distracted a bit more than my left. Either it only appears like that because of the weird positions I was in during the 'rays, or it actually happened, or my left's callus formation is better making it look like that.

What is the precice machine deposit back?? Because of one faulty nail?
Deposit for the machine is around $3,700.
Not sure what you mean about the nail.

alps

« Reply #208 on: October 06, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »

good going Penguinn!

not sure why you've covered your junk, it's not like it'll show on x-rays :P

alps

« Reply #209 on: October 06, 2016, 12:49:11 PM »

how is your PT going? Do they come home and help you out?

Penguinn

« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2016, 02:48:36 PM »

good going Penguinn!
not sure why you've covered your junk, it's not like it'll show on x-rays :P
Oh it does, trust me. I had no idea my flaccid junior was so muscular.

how is your PT going? Do they come home and help you out?
Mr. Chaudhary comes for the first session of the day. For the second I actually call my gym trainer to help duplicate what I do with the PT. The third I've to do by myself so doing some exercises is hard.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2016, 07:32:33 PM »

Nice looking x-rays, Penguinn! There's something cool about seeing x-rays of Dr Parihar's first internal patient.

Have you thought about what you'd do if lengthening became really difficult later down the line? As in, say you have hit 6 cm of distraction and suddenly you run into a big knee bending issue or the Precice starts to have trouble extending due to muscle resistance. Do you think you'd be happy with less than 7.5 cm or would you insist on the full 3 inches?

Btw, has anybody in the hospital asked what happened to you? Since you have no frame on your arm or leg I imagine you'd get a few questions from Dr Parihar's other patients or their relatives. I'd make up a story every time someone different asked me what I was there for. Heck, I even started feeling kind of guilty for being there for CLL when all the other cases were for terrible accidents or congenital deformities. Dr Parihar insisted I shouldn't feel guilty though and made me feel better about my decision.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

The Kaiser

« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2016, 07:35:12 PM »

Update: X-Rays
-Ignore the really thin horizontal stick you'll see lying around sometimes, that was kept on my thigh during X-Rays to help find the exact point for putting the Precice machine on.

September 22nd(2 days post-op)
1mm lengthened at the time of X-Rays
Right leg
http://imgur.com/a/sRpEm
http://imgur.com/a/LvD82

Left leg
http://imgur.com/a/iqBEJ
http://imgur.com/a/LXbFv

October 4th(2 weeks post-op)
7.66mm lengthened at the time of X-Rays
Right leg
http://imgur.com/a/lE7O0
http://imgur.com/a/EpJSa

Left leg
http://imgur.com/a/tXiiB
http://imgur.com/a/dpW5F

you gained 7.66 mm in two weeks?! why its so slow

onemorefoot

« Reply #213 on: October 06, 2016, 09:02:08 PM »

7.6 mm  because distraction doesnt start immediately after operation, in the surgery the doctor distract 1 mm but the process itself starts after some days.

Penguinn

« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2016, 03:30:01 AM »

Nice looking x-rays, Penguinn! There's something cool about seeing x-rays of Dr Parihar's first internal patient.

Have you thought about what you'd do if lengthening became really difficult later down the line? As in, say you have hit 6 cm of distraction and suddenly you run into a big knee bending issue or the Precice starts to have trouble extending due to muscle resistance. Do you think you'd be happy with less than 7.5 cm or would you insist on the full 3 inches?

Btw, has anybody in the hospital asked what happened to you? Since you have no frame on your arm or leg I imagine you'd get a few questions from Dr Parihar's other patients or their relatives. I'd make up a story every time someone different asked me what I was there for. Heck, I even started feeling kind of guilty for being there for CLL when all the other cases were for terrible accidents or congenital deformities. Dr Parihar insisted I shouldn't feel guilty though and made me feel better about my decision.
Thanks, and I insist on at least 7cms if things get tough but I'm going to scrape for 7.5. Dr. Parihar's said 7.5 is a reasonable goal and there are ways to get to it even through problems, even though he thinks 6cms is the point where you'll be 100% okay. I don't mind being 95% okay. Unless it'll give me a serious lifelong complication, I'm going for my goal.
Besides the pain, my proportions will take a hit. My ratio was a proper 0.8 and it'll go to 0.68 or something. I have smaller bones to begin with at 5'2 so 3 inches on me is more than 3 inches on a 5'8 person. However, in my mockups my lengthened femurs looked long while lengthened tibias looked alien, also femurs are easy to hide. How awkward my proportions will look is something I'll find out as I lengthen beyond 2 inches.

I was honest about what I was there for. What stories did you make up? I didn't feel guilty at all. They've had cosmetic patients before and I just didn't see the point of, and couldn't be bothered to lie at the hospital I was getting LL. I remember telling the 50 year old happy-go-lucky nurse who might've asked but no one was inquisitive. I didn't even meet other patients since I was in my room. Sometimes if someone got a peek in, they'd wonder who the patient was since I didn't have anything on and didn't seem to be in any pain, just chilling on my laptop.
The second night I was there, Wednesday night in the ICU there was a patient who got operated for colon cancer(or so I was told) on the bed next to mine, a few feet away. The guy seemed to be in serious pain. I think that was my "What is this.. why did I do this to myself?" moment but I regained my calm & from what I hear he did fine too and got transferred to a room the next day.

you gained 7.66 mm in two weeks?! why its so slow
I started lengthening Day 8. Read the previous pages. :P

onemorefoot

« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2016, 03:39:06 AM »

Oh, one thing I dont know how Ellipse Company functions, so the money they returned to you, why is that? I was very
ambiguous in my previous post. :-[

Penguinn

« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2016, 03:41:17 AM »

Oh, one thing I dont know how Ellipse Company functions, so the money they returned to you, why is that? I was very
ambiguous in my previous post. :-[
They haven't returned anything yet. From what I understand, there's a deposit. Basically, if we damage, break or run away with the Precice machine they keep our money. If we return it safe, we get it back.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Up