Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar  (Read 185629 times)

TIBIKE200

Re: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« Reply #465 on: February 07, 2017, 05:33:42 PM »

I wouldn't take this guy seriously... If you check this guy past posts and way of thinking, you could see something is off
I learned some stuff during this time

Stature

• Visitor
« Reply #466 on: February 11, 2017, 12:18:18 AM »

What do you exactly mean by 'walk unaided'? Does this mean doing regular daily chores/activities with no crutches or help, such as going to a store or work/office, walk up and down stairs...like a normal person? If the answer is no or not so simple, then can you please explain various stages, precautions and average durations between where you are now to where you will be able to walk like a normal person? Note: I'm not asking about strenuous physical activities such as weight lifting, etc.
thanks for your diary and sharing useful information!

Penguinn

« Reply #467 on: February 11, 2017, 04:31:43 AM »

What do you exactly mean by 'walk unaided'? Does this mean doing regular daily chores/activities with no crutches or help, such as going to a store or work/office, walk up and down stairs...like a normal person? If the answer is no or not so simple, then can you please explain various stages, precautions and average durations between where you are now to where you will be able to walk like a normal person? Note: I'm not asking about strenuous physical activities such as weight lifting, etc.
thanks for your diary and sharing useful information!

I mean doing daily chores and walking around like a normal person would without the worry of the nail snapping. I can only do this once the callus is very thick and hardens. I don't think there's a big difference between walking to the store or doing the laundry once your new bone has formed and you're cleared to walk.

Stages? I'm using the walker, and I might be transitioned to crutches once the callus is thicker, or I may not. I'm indifferent and I actually prefer the walker. Then I'll be cleared to walk without any support. I'm guessing I'll be walking in the house itself for 2 weeks or so before I go out.

For precautions, stand on two weighing scales with a walker and practice how much weight you're putting on your legs(for me, it should be 25kg-25kg max which isn't a big problem cause I'm 60kgs) and the rest goes on your arms. While walking, put both legs ahead at once putting the weight on your arms when you do it. NEVER walk by putting one leg on the floor while the other is in the air because it'll take all the weight. This applies for Precice. I can't say what it's like with a weight bearing nail. For sitting on a chair or getting up from it(only sit on chairs with arm rests btw so you can use those to propel yourself up) you might need someone to boost you up or you might be able to do it yourself. This applies to the toilet as well. If you aren't using this: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/aplusautomation/vendorimages/b78334b6-4d66-47af-b735-976dbbbcec73.jpg._CB334988178_.jpg by itself, you can remove the bucket and place the thing on your bathroom's commode so you have an arm rest, it's higher and you can get up easier.

onemorefoot

« Reply #468 on: February 12, 2017, 07:12:05 PM »

A question: if you lengthen 7 cm you gain the same??
Budget will determine my future.

Penguinn

« Reply #469 on: February 12, 2017, 07:55:44 PM »

I lengthened more, but my gained height shows 0.5cms(5mm) less than the lengthened amount thus far. If I have someone push my back in hard and measure, it shows the proper height so maybe it's the duck ass. I measured as 3cms(yes, 3cms) less thanks to the duckass in December and as it has gone my height's "increased".

I'm also not off the walker yet so I don't know how straight I'm actually standing. I'll let you know the accurate answer to this in a few months.

Stature

• Visitor
« Reply #470 on: February 14, 2017, 12:40:18 AM »

Sounds like you will be walking like a normal person after roughly 6 months (post surgery).
When I asked this question to Dr. Parihar, he said 10-12 months. Dr. Paley on the other hand says...6 months.

And how did you get duck-ass? Because you have not been walking / exercising much?

Penguinn

« Reply #471 on: February 14, 2017, 09:44:46 AM »

Sounds like you will be walking like a normal person after roughly 6 months (post surgery).
When I asked this question to Dr. Parihar, he said 10-12 months. Dr. Paley on the other hand says...6 months.

And how did you get duck-ass? Because you have not been walking / exercising much?

6 months is minimum, because I didn't do much of weight bearing for a long time. People who stand regularly(with support obviously) from Month 1 will walk unaided much sooner, provided they can. Also Dr. Parihar will always give you the bad case scenario so you're prepared. He told me 9 months till I walk unaided after surgery when I first asked him.

My duck ass wasn't nearly as bad as I've seen other people post pics of, but it just happened. I honestly have no idea how it formed. The good news is you can sort it out by just lying on your stomach for an hour a day for a month or so, so it wasn't a big deal for me.

clickclick

• Visitor
« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »

How's everything going?

« Reply #473 on: February 17, 2017, 08:57:03 AM »

Can you tell me the wingspan?

Penguinn

« Reply #474 on: February 17, 2017, 09:58:49 AM »

How's everything going?
Good. Nothing worth updating every 3 days or so.. I'll update monthly on the callus, when I walk unaided and that's about all that's left.

Can you tell me the wingspan?
5'4

« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2017, 02:45:19 PM »

My arm is shorter than my height . I don't know what I should do
Wingspan 157cm         
height 160cm

Penguinn

« Reply #476 on: February 18, 2017, 05:37:24 AM »

My arm is shorter than my height . I don't know what I should do
Wingspan 157cm         
height 160cm

I've read that going 8cms over your wingspan is where you start to look noticeably odd. Theoretically, you could go for 165cms, but you should decide based off your own mockups.

Penguinn

« Reply #477 on: February 18, 2017, 03:41:28 PM »

Update: I still do have duck ass. It's not gone as much as I thought it was, and it makes me measure 1cm lower than what I should measure as. It's like the guy in this picture:
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMMgSlNyvgAN5I-I7zMngDBvAR3g6tYku7Scn-LWsbN72MMG8C

It's not severe, but it needs to go asap. Lying on my stomach for an hour or so a day hasn't done much(it's been 2 months). The annoying part is that most exercises to get rid of duck ass I can't do until I'm fully consolidated and walking/exercising like a normal person. I've pre-poned my next appointment to talk about it, but I have a feeling it's gonna take months to go. >:(

DoingItForMe

« Reply #478 on: February 18, 2017, 05:49:57 PM »

Just dropping by to wish you good luck with the LL process. Duck ass isn't as big of a deal in my opinion as some of the other things. I remember that when I was done with LL, my butt was non-existent. And then my walking gait was off. My duck ass wasn't as bad, because I stretched a lot each day. Laying on my stomach isn't what got rid of my duck ass. I had to do this stretch where lay down at the end of the bed, butt to the edge, and then let your legs drop to the floor. I was able to touch the floor with my foot, one leg at a time. And then did this everyday to really stretch out those muscles/tendons that connect your belly to your legs. Duck ass happens when that part isn't stretched out enough, so you can't straighten yourself.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Penguinn

« Reply #479 on: February 18, 2017, 08:14:59 PM »

Just dropping by to wish you good luck with the LL process. Duck ass isn't as big of a deal in my opinion as some of the other things. I remember that when I was done with LL, my butt was non-existent. And then my walking gait was off. My duck ass wasn't as bad, because I stretched a lot each day. Laying on my stomach isn't what got rid of my duck ass. I had to do this stretch where lay down at the end of the bed, butt to the edge, and then let your legs drop to the floor. I was able to touch the floor with my foot, one leg at a time. And then did this everyday to really stretch out those muscles/tendons that connect your belly to your legs. Duck ass happens when that part isn't stretched out enough, so you can't straighten yourself.

Thank you. This video on getting rid of the pelvic tilt/duck ass is probably the best info I've found online:

But I won't be able to do any of this   until I'm fully consolidated. I hope duck ass doesn't set itself for life in a few months so I get my posture and hopefully the extra little height back. I'll give your exercise a try in the meantime.

doomsday

« Reply #480 on: February 19, 2017, 01:04:44 AM »

I lost my duck as when i started walking without crutches in around 3 weeks.

Penguinn

« Reply #481 on: February 19, 2017, 04:26:33 AM »

I lost my duck as when i started walking without crutches in around 3 weeks.

That's reassuring.  :)

ktala91641

• Visitor
« Reply #482 on: February 19, 2017, 10:54:52 AM »

Hi Penguinn,

I hope you are doing fine.
I actually underwent limb lengthening with a doctor in New delhi. It's been 7.5 months since 1st surgery and 5 months since frame removal. I have equinus/ballerina in my right feet. It's not at all going away. I consulted other doctors too and they say I need to go Achilles Tendon lengthening surgery. But. ATL causes long term weakness and Dr.Paley told me not to go for it. He said he can fix the issue by using external fixator.
I wanted to consult Dr.Parihar and seek his opinion. Could you please let me know how I can reach out to Dr.Parihar directly ?
Can u please send me your email ID too talk to you directly if you don't mind ?

Thank you

onemorefoot

« Reply #483 on: February 19, 2017, 04:50:48 PM »

Paley says that ATL cases permanente weakness of the Achilles tendon and his profesor Catagni says that is a lie, who I believe to?

midnightninja

« Reply #484 on: February 19, 2017, 07:33:13 PM »

I had duck ass. I cured it by sleeping with my legs elevated e.g. i put my legs on a pillow or two. 

I also did yoga stretches for ATP every day (YouTube them there's tons).

I cured it in about 3 months.

« Reply #485 on: March 02, 2017, 01:15:21 PM »

Hi Penguinn, how is your recovery going?

Paley says that ATL cases permanente weakness of the Achilles tendon and his profesor Catagni says that is a lie, who I believe to?

There are numerous sources confirming that ATL does indeed lessen elasticity meaning there is a substantial drop in power output. Logically, there is no way that lengthening the Achilles tendon would be as strong as before.

Mtall

« Reply #486 on: March 14, 2017, 09:04:35 AM »

Don't be like me. I'll be at least 6 months post op(March 20) before I walk unaided, which I'm ok with because of how well things have gone but you might not be. I'll post the X-Rays when I get them.

Hi Penguinn, If you had been religious with the walking, how long would it have been instead of the now estimated 6 months post-op? Would that duration be lesser for me since I'm doing only 5-5.5 cms?

Penguinn

« Reply #487 on: March 14, 2017, 09:39:48 AM »

Hi Penguinn, how is your recovery going?
Same ol' same ol'. No pain, just gotta walk for callus.

Hi Penguinn, If you had been religious with the walking, how long would it have been instead of the now estimated 6 months post-op? Would that duration be lesser for me since I'm doing only 5-5.5 cms?
It's gonna be more than 6 months post-op, and I have no idea but it would've definitely been sooner. I wasn't walking/weight bearing during lengthening too because they didn't want to risk pre-consolidation. At 2" the duration will definitely be lesser. In fact at age 21, doing 2" with Precice- your experience barring the first few weeks should be a breeze..but let's not jinx it.

frankie

• Visitor
« Reply #488 on: March 15, 2017, 12:05:09 AM »

How much would Dr Parihar allow someone to lengthen their tibia with precise? I understand he allows 8 cm for femur but only allows max 6 cm for external tibia, so does that mean he only allows 6 cm internal tibia with precise?

onemorefoot

« Reply #489 on: March 15, 2017, 05:48:11 AM »

Internal tibia is a bad idea.

Penguinn

« Reply #490 on: March 15, 2017, 06:10:56 AM »

How much would Dr Parihar allow someone to lengthen their tibia with precise? I understand he allows 8 cm for femur but only allows max 6 cm for external tibia, so does that mean he only allows 6 cm internal tibia with precise?

No idea, sorry. I don't even know if he'll do internal tibia. You'll have to email him.

Bander72

« Reply #491 on: March 15, 2017, 06:53:21 AM »

Before doing tibia you should do femurs, If you think there too long do 5 cm.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

alps

« Reply #492 on: March 15, 2017, 10:17:13 AM »

did you get x-rays again? It's been like 2 months since you got your last ones, right?

and a side question: since you're from Mumbai do you speak to everyone in Hindi or English?

Penguinn

« Reply #493 on: March 15, 2017, 10:38:26 AM »

did you get x-rays again? It's been like 2 months since you got your last ones, right?

and a side question: since you're from Mumbai do you speak to everyone in Hindi or English?

I got mine around end-Feb, I've just been lazy with updates. I'll upload the ones I get next time.
Doctors: English, nurses/wardboys: Hindi.

Peaceout

« Reply #494 on: March 15, 2017, 12:26:48 PM »

Is internal tibia too risky?I mean if a person wouldnt prefer femurs and also externals,i think internal tibia is the last option,but the question is how dangerous is it?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #495 on: March 15, 2017, 05:48:07 PM »

Is internal tibia too risky?I mean if a person wouldnt prefer femurs and also externals,i think internal tibia is the last option,but the question is how dangerous is it?

Afaik internal tibias comparing to the other segments have risk of a permament knee pain.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23   Go Up