Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar  (Read 185596 times)

Penguinn

Re: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« Reply #620 on: December 08, 2017, 09:04:21 PM »

Congratulations Penguinn! At the same time,  please don't take any risks without letting the doctor on.

I just wanted to say your diary was one of the ones that convinced me to take the leap. I did my surgery almost exactly a year after you. All the best!

Thanks, and yes absolutely. Life is great right now and sh*t would fall apart if I broke a bone. I probably won't run for 2-3 months even after Parihar says I can.

That's super cool. I hope your journey's going well!

dips

• Visitor
« Reply #621 on: February 04, 2018, 06:18:06 AM »

I have a serious question. I have been checking out Dr. Parihar's website, but there were no mentioning of precice 2 nail surgery. All I could see was ilizarov technique, If he is that good at precice 2 why it has not been shown website section. :) ;)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #622 on: February 04, 2018, 08:32:49 AM »

I have a serious question. I have been checking out Dr. Parihar's website, but there were no mentioning of precice 2 nail surgery. All I could see was ilizarov technique, If he is that good at precice 2 why it has not been shown website section. :) ;)

Well Precice would be prohibitively expensive for most Indian locals, and he can do corrections with external devices and other nails for deformity correction. He's not looking to expand his CLL patients so it's probably not in his list of priorities to update the site with Precice 2 info.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Penguinn

« Reply #623 on: February 04, 2018, 03:36:02 PM »

Almost no Indians can afford Precice 2, and Parihar specializes in reconstruction and does not want to promote cosmetic LL. Although last time I went for X-rays, 2 weeks or so ago, the X-ray guy told me a couple people have done Precice since me, and most or all (I don't recall) were Indians. I'm not sure if he was talking about just unilateral(lengthening the short leg for medical reasons) or bilateral cosmetic LL though.

Also my left leg is properly fused and I've jogged short distances, and I'll be regularly gymming in a few weeks once I get free time. Won't run or play sports for a few more months, maybe even until my rods are out. I'm just scared lol. I'd rather wait 6 more months to run than I need to than a minute sooner than I should. Anyone that's done LL knows not to take being a fully functioning human for granted haha

Android

« Reply #624 on: February 05, 2018, 03:46:23 AM »

You should check out his site specifically made for CLL patients, which lists PRECICE.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

dips

• Visitor
« Reply #625 on: February 05, 2018, 11:34:12 AM »

Thanks, man, this information helps.   :D :D

dips

• Visitor
« Reply #626 on: February 05, 2018, 11:39:04 AM »

I was thinking about if there are any complications when we get old I mean at the age of 50-60 or more or maybe at the age of 45. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

myloginacct

« Reply #627 on: February 05, 2018, 04:32:29 PM »

I was thinking about if there are any complications when we get old I mean at the age of 50-60 or more or maybe at the age of 45. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

All medical evidence and opinion I've read so far indicates that getting CLL increases your chances of getting knee/hip arthritis, possibly at earlier ages (than it would happen without CLL).

« Reply #628 on: February 12, 2018, 04:51:48 AM »

Hi Penguiin! I've seen a lot of patients walking unaided very soon. For example, they lengthened 6 cm in 55 days aprox, but they start walking a little without crutches one week before that. The people who had the surgery before me, are now walking. The case with the best recovery now only uses crutches to go upstairs, but can walk unaided (though he admits he walks like a penguin) less than 3 months post op

LLSouthAmerica, I sent you a PM, plz check and advise, thanks a lot.

Penguinn

« Reply #629 on: March 27, 2018, 05:45:17 AM »

The only side effect of LL left for me is weak thigh muscles in my left leg (callus has become bone in both legs and the right is almost pre-LL) :) I probably shouldn't complain because it isn't a real complication but I can't play football or most sports till the muscles strengthen some more. However I can work out, come off completely normal to third person and can sprint at approx pre-LL speed (I tried) if a madman chases me with a knife or something. The doctor says it'll happen on its own- so currently if I run, my left knee will feel pressurised because the weak thigh muscles aren't helping as much as they should be. I'll start working out soon, do leg raises and sh*t and work on those muscles. Not working out and eating only junk food for the past few months probably didn't help.

Once my left leg becomes like my right, I'll feel as good as pre-LL. Don't know whether it'll take 2 or 6 or 8 months, but I was in this for the long game so I don't really mind. Playing football isn't a dire necessity and can wait a few months. On my right leg, I honestly can't tell it had ever been operated on.

Android

« Reply #630 on: March 27, 2018, 05:20:53 PM »

Thanks for the update Penguinn, that's great that you're almost back to feeling completely pre-LL again! Many are in worse condition even without CLL after all, either through lack of exercise or poor diet (for much longer than just a few months). Best of luck with the workouts.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Penguinn

« Reply #631 on: March 27, 2018, 06:15:50 PM »

Thanks! It'll be a long time before I'm bang on pre-LL though, but I'm pretty sure I'll get there.

One funny (and totally mental, not physical) side effect of LL is that if you can't do something/bend your leg in a certain awkward way, or some muscle aches, you'll never know if it's just a human thing or an LL thing ;D There have been times when I wondered if my legs were aching only to introspect and realize my arms and back felt the same way and it was just me being tired lol

Also to those that PM me asking for advice or help, I'm sorry, I've just been too busy to reply

Srt1991

• Visitor
« Reply #632 on: June 18, 2018, 02:48:15 PM »

Can you tell a rough estimate within how much time one can resume office routine after LL?
Be it going to office with facility similar to Mera Enabled. Also I would love to hear about current condition. Are you fully recovered?

totallyred

« Reply #633 on: June 18, 2018, 09:08:11 PM »

- Why did you write "It'll be a long time before I'm bang on pre-LL though, but I'm pretty sure I'll get there." What exactly are you feeling different compared to pre-LL stage?

-did you feel anything positive apart from psychological benefits, such as better social status, acceptance ,career  or in other spheres in general.

-Have you ever had any pain/implications/trouble/health issues due to the surgery in these 2 years?

-(for moderate lengthening 6-7.5 cms) if we do it only on one segment, say femur/tibia would it cause any health issue.

-(as asked above) rough estimate for both external tibia/internal femur, within how much time one can resume office routine after LL? Can we go even while lengthening or consolidation phase is done?

Again Thanks!

Penguinn

« Reply #634 on: June 19, 2018, 06:38:59 AM »

Can you tell a rough estimate within how much time one can resume office routine after LL?
Be it going to office with facility similar to Mera Enabled. Also I would love to hear about current condition. Are you fully recovered?
Explain what you mean by 'office routine'. If you're going to be loaded into an Enabled Cab like cargo and wheeled to the office on a wheelchair, you could do it a few days post-op.. if you mean using crutches and being a little independent, that could take ~6 months depending on your recovery.

Penguinn

« Reply #635 on: June 19, 2018, 06:44:16 AM »

- Why did you write "It'll be a long time before I'm bang on pre-LL though, but I'm pretty sure I'll get there." What exactly are you feeling different compared to pre-LL stage?

-did you feel anything positive apart from psychological benefits, such as better social status, acceptance ,career  or in other spheres in general.

-Have you ever had any pain/implications/trouble/health issues due to the surgery in these 2 years?

-(for moderate lengthening 6-7.5 cms) if we do it only on one segment, say femur/tibia would it cause any health issue.

-(as asked above) rough estimate for both external tibia/internal femur, within how much time one can resume office routine after LL? Can we go even while lengthening or consolidation phase is done?

Again Thanks!

-I won't be bang-on pre-LL or 100% pre-LL because although I feel normal, I don't feel 100%. In my book, 100% equals not feeling like anything was ever done to your legs. Even though I appear and feel normal, it's a new kind of normal. My legs feel 95% as free as pre-LL, not 100. I have the nails still inside me though so perhaps that's what it takes for that last bit of recovery.

-Just standing up taller feels better and is more convenient but we do this for psychological benefits. I'm happier. What else is there?

-You can't do 7.5cms on tibia... and even on the femurs, I wouldn't call it moderate. 7.5 is the roof of the safe limit for femurs.

-You guys need to explain what you mean by office routine. That's too vague. What are you picturing; going alone on crutches or someone wheeling you around like you're 90?

totallyred

« Reply #636 on: June 19, 2018, 07:21:32 AM »

-I won't be bang-on pre-LL or 100% pre-LL because although I feel normal, I don't feel 100%. In my book, 100% equals not feeling like anything was ever done to your legs. Even though I appear and feel normal, it's a new kind of normal. My legs feel 95% as free as pre-LL, not 100. I have the nails still inside me though so perhaps that's what it takes for that last bit of recovery.

-Just standing up taller feels better and is more convenient but we do this for psychological benefits. I'm happier. What else is there?

-You can't do 7.5cms on tibia... and even on the femurs, I wouldn't call it moderate. 7.5 is the roof of the safe limit for femurs.

-You guys need to explain what you mean by office routine. That's too vague. What are you picturing; going alone on crutches or someone wheeling you around like you're 90?

Thanks for the detailed replies.
What about 6 6.5 or 7 for femurs/tibia?
Yes I want to know if minimal physical activity is required at the office with someone to pick up and drop, would it be possible to go and work after few months (exactly how much?)

Can you please tell what independence of leg mean? Is it related to movement/rotation or pain or restriction on activities or duration/stamina of physical activity or anything else.
Are you improving on a day to day basis? Do you believe you will gain 100% at some point say 1-2 years in future after the rod removals or even before that?
After removal of rods would you get any refund from precice?

Penguinn

« Reply #637 on: June 19, 2018, 12:40:05 PM »

Thanks for the detailed replies.
What about 6 6.5 or 7 for femurs/tibia?
Yes I want to know if minimal physical activity is required at the office with someone to pick up and drop, would it be possible to go and work after few months (exactly how much?)

Can you please tell what independence of leg mean? Is it related to movement/rotation or pain or restriction on activities or duration/stamina of physical activity or anything else.
Are you improving on a day to day basis? Do you believe you will gain 100% at some point say 1-2 years in future after the rod removals or even before that?
After removal of rods would you get any refund from precice?

I think 6.5 is moderate for femurs. 7 to 7.5 is not moderate but not dangerous either. I did 7.5 and I don't regret it at all.

Minimal physical activity at the office = getting up, walking around etc? Or sitting for long periods of time? I don't know, I wouldn't have gone to the office before I was at least 6 months post op if I was an office going age at the time. 7 or 8 months on crutches, for me. I walked a bit late though. People like programdude walked 5 months post op with crutches and 6 months unaided. Everyone's experience is different. I'd say 6 months approx if you insist on a number.

Yeah, I think I'll be 100% eventually after rod removal but it's pure speculation at this point. edit: I should add though, anyone who's an athlete doing LL and expecting to be the same athlete again is completely delusional. I say "100%" for me, because I'm not a serious athlete and casually playing football with friends and gymming is the max I push my body, ever. 

No lmao, no refund. The rods are already used and have done their job. Precice has no use for them now.

Tiger9898

« Reply #638 on: June 19, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »

Hi penguinn,  what do u think about the length of your femur? I mean now you probably have the same femur length of the person who is naturally around 185 cm.  Does it look odd when you are sitting?  For example,I have a friend who is naturally 183 cm. And when I see his femurs length, I can't imagine that  I will not be looking odd with the same length after femur lengthening surgery. ( by the way, my natural height is around 162,5 cm) Thanks in advance
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

fokid

« Reply #639 on: June 19, 2018, 01:04:31 PM »

casually playing football with friends and gymming is the max I push my body, ever. 

how far can you run? what leg exercises do you do in the gym and what weights?

do you play amateur football with you friends? do you play 90 minutes match on a large sized field with eleven players?
the thing with football is it can be risky.

could you post a proportions pic? you can blur / distort it out to your comfort.

« Reply #640 on: June 19, 2018, 01:39:35 PM »

I think 6.5 is moderate for femurs. 7 to 7.5 is not moderate but not dangerous either. I did 7.5 and I don't regret it at all.

Minimal physical activity at the office = getting up, walking around etc? Or sitting for long periods of time? I don't know, I wouldn't have gone to the office before I was at least 6 months post op if I was an office going age at the time. 7 or 8 months on crutches, for me. I walked a bit late though. People like programdude walked 5 months post op with crutches and 6 months unaided. Everyone's experience is different. I'd say 6 months approx if you insist on a number.

Yeah, I think I'll be 100% eventually after rod removal but it's pure speculation at this point. edit: I should add though, anyone who's an athlete doing LL and expecting to be the same athlete again is completely delusional. I say "100%" for me, because I'm not a serious athlete and casually playing football with friends and gymming is the max I push my body, ever. 

No lmao, no refund. The rods are already used and have done their job. Precice has no use for them now.

Penguin, I'll show you that I will be an even better martial artist post-LL.

Penguinn

« Reply #641 on: June 19, 2018, 02:20:21 PM »

Penguin, I'll show you that I will be an even better martial artist post-LL.

No offense, but you're in for a rude awakening once you do LL if you think that.
If martial arts is that important to you, don't do LL or at least do a very very moderate amount like 5cms.

totallyred

« Reply #642 on: June 19, 2018, 02:29:02 PM »

No offense, but you're in for a rude awakening once you do LL if you think that.
If martial arts is that important to you, don't do LL or at least do a very very moderate amount like 5cms.

I want to know why, just as above ..what exactly are you facing the difficulty? Is it related to movement or rotation or pain or restriction on activities or duration/stamina of physical activity or anything else?

Penguinn

« Reply #643 on: June 19, 2018, 02:59:40 PM »

It's like a light mix of tightness and tiredness that comes sooner than it would pre-LL if you jog or something. It doesn't feel scary or like something will tear, but yeah, your athletic ability is lower. Very sudden movements (like your legs changing direction quickly while playing tennis) might feel uncomfortable too.

However the good thing is that the remaining 5% of recovery (after which I'll probably resume playing football with friends) is happening, slowly. It's my belief that true, complete recovery from LL, where your soft tissues completely adapt to the stretch and you're as good as you are pre-LL, takes between 2-4 years. Just my opinion. We shall see. I still have nail removal left so when that happens in a year or whatever and I recover from that, I'll give an update on whether I'm pre-LL.

I should add though that if my current state was as good as it gets recovery-wise, I still don't regret LL at all. I feel normal almost all the time and if someone was chasing me with a knife, I could sprint at pre-LL speed for at least 200 metres.

« Reply #644 on: June 19, 2018, 04:31:28 PM »

Yeah I will first do 5cm on tibias for sure. Then maybe 6 on femur.

Martial Arts is very important to me, but so is HEIGHT.

It's like a light mix of tightness and tiredness that comes sooner than it would pre-LL if you jog or something. It doesn't feel scary or like something will tear, but yeah, your athletic ability is lower. Very sudden movements (like your legs changing direction quickly while playing tennis) might feel uncomfortable too.

However the good thing is that the remaining 5% of recovery (after which I'll probably resume playing football with friends) is happening, slowly. It's my belief that true, complete recovery from LL, where your soft tissues completely adapt to the stretch and you're as good as you are pre-LL, takes between 2-4 years. Just my opinion. We shall see. I still have nail removal left so when that happens in a year or whatever and I recover from that, I'll give an update on whether I'm pre-LL.

I should add though that if my current state was as good as it gets recovery-wise, I still don't regret LL at all. I feel normal almost all the time and if someone was chasing me with a knife, I could sprint at pre-LL speed for at least 200 metres.

That sounds contradictory. You first said that anyone who thinks that they'd be as athletic as pre-LL is delusional, but then said you could run as fast as before LL even when you haven't even recovered 100% and that complete recovery is possible in 2-4 years.

Penguinn

« Reply #645 on: June 19, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »

I can run at max speed, but not for as long as I could pre op. I probably cannot run as fast in a bumpy area or obstacle course. And running does not equal full recovery. I know, weird. I used to think pre-LL that running would come last.

I speculate that I'll be fully recovered between 2 to 4 years post op. Pure speculation. No surity. And also I said for me, full recovery equals casual football without any odd feelings in my legs. For you, a full recovery means martial arts... that is way more intense and demanding.

Penguinn

« Reply #646 on: June 19, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »

Let me try to explain the state I'm in right now

You know the feeling you get during or after a fever? Slight muscle weakness, but nothing much, you could run if need be. Well that's my quads after a jog or walking a lot. Like a minor fever affected them but nothing serious...... it's great considering recovery is still on but again.... that isn't 100%. When I sit or sleep, I am 100% and cannot tell LL was ever done but thats been like that for over half a year. Barely had pain on the bed even during lengthening somehow.

totallyred

« Reply #647 on: June 27, 2018, 04:50:20 PM »

Any new updates?

Penguinn

« Reply #648 on: June 27, 2018, 06:15:39 PM »

Nope. I'm 95% recovered so any updates will be 6 monthly or so. No point in asking every week or month.

TBH I think the last 5% of recovery, to feel TOTALLY normal will not happen before nail removal. But even if this is as good as it gets, I'm happy and have no regrets.

Proportions matter though so I will advise people to avoid 7.5cms on femurs like I did. Nobody finds me odd looking (not even nked, asked my girl and she couldn't tell) but most people here are perfectionists like me and it will bother you. And it makes things like sit-ups or squats difficult. Ideal LL is probably 6cms femurs + 4cms tibias, if you have the time, proportions, money and patience for that.

Don't think I will have anything interesting to post until nail removal. Life is great and I'm focused on other things. Won't think about LL again until removal. I probably won't play football until then either, that kinda sucks.

« Reply #649 on: June 27, 2018, 08:19:58 PM »

Nope. I'm 95% recovered so any updates will be 6 monthly or so. No point in asking every week or month.

TBH I think the last 5% of recovery, to feel TOTALLY normal will not happen before nail removal. But even if this is as good as it gets, I'm happy and have no regrets.

Proportions matter though so I will advise people to avoid 7.5cms on femurs like I did. Nobody finds me odd looking (not even nked, asked my girl and she couldn't tell) but most people here are perfectionists like me and it will bother you. And it makes things like sit-ups or squats difficult. Ideal LL is probably 6cms femurs + 4cms tibias, if you have the time, proportions, money and patience for that.

Don't think I will have anything interesting to post until nail removal. Life is great and I'm focused on other things. Won't think about LL again until removal. I probably won't play football until then either, that kinda sucks.

What about 6cm femur and 5cm tibia? This would give me the perfect ratio of 0.8. Or 5cm femur and 5cm tibia?

Thing is I am not sure if I am gonna do the 2nd surgery for femur, so I think it's best to secure the maximum safe increased height on tibia which is 5cm.

Penguinn

« Reply #650 on: June 27, 2018, 08:57:40 PM »

What about 6cm femur and 5cm tibia? This would give me the perfect ratio of 0.8. Or 5cm femur and 5cm tibia?

Thing is I am not sure if I am gonna do the 2nd surgery for femur, so I think it's best to secure the maximum safe increased height on tibia which is 5cm.

I'm honestly not sure about the exact amount, I was just getting a point across

I think 5cm on either segment should be a great, safe goal, relatively speaking.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up