Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar  (Read 186249 times)

Penguinn

Re: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2016, 12:32:24 PM »

I'll post X-rays when I get them. After the random bouts of toxicity in the forum, I don't wanna post my pictures.

alps

« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »

sure, I understand.

but what episodes of toxicity are you talking about? Apo's music video?

Mtall

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2016, 01:16:57 PM »

You're right, Penguinn. There are one too many toxic users on this forum. Posting X rays will be more than enough.

But I'm glad the forum is still serving its purpose of informing & supporting present and future LLers. Every place on Earth has its share of sh*t, and we do too.

Penguinn

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2016, 03:19:58 PM »

Not just one thing. I'll post enough necessary info like x-rays and I'll try to help patients out...but my privacy is important to me.

Ozymandias

« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2016, 04:16:13 PM »

Happy to read everything went well, Penguinn  :)

Your diary confirms that almost every LL patient goes through one terrible night (usually night 2-3 after surgery) in which he asks himself "WTF have i done to myself?"Luckily, things improve after that!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2016, 05:35:14 PM »

Day 3
Big difference between yesterday and today. Yesterday I was plugged to a ton of sh*t, uncomfortable and regretting LL. Today they took out the epidural, IV, catheter and changed the heavy dressings to light ones. I am now the master of my own bladder..FU catheter. I was changed into shorts and a tee. Will eat McDonalds, be taken for X Rays(on a stretcher) and then put in Room 23 where I first checked in Monday night. I'm a bit afraid of eating though I was told to eat normally from yesterday cause I really don't wanna poop like this.

The Precice nails/my thighs itself did not hurt that bad. Yesterday I'd say the pain in my legs while sitting still was 5/10. Today it is a 2-3 that jumps to 5 rarely. Very tolerable while sitting.. kind of like your legs after working out at the gym after a long time.

PT is a bit stressful but I actually like it. It's not excrutiating(so far) and does help. 2-3 times a day. Parihar says I'll be here for like 4 more days(he said 5 days yesterday so I assume.) In his words "This isn't America. I will let you go when I feel you are ready."

I respect the hell out of you externals patients. The hell you must have been through.

Oh, and lengthening only starts Day 10. :/

That's good everything is manageable for you so far. What does your family think about what they've seen you go through these past few days? Who comes in to do your physiotherapy now?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Penguinn

« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2016, 06:03:19 PM »

Surgery took 10 hours so they, especially mom were worried sick. All good now.
3 PTs...forgot all their names. Dark skinned guy who is the seniormost PT and has worked here more than a decade, fair short woman and a woman that has worked here less than a month. Amazing how the last cute chick got my bend from 45 to 60.

Penguinn

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2016, 06:08:49 PM »

Also Dr. Parihar saw my x-rays, they checked out and said we will start lengthening on the 7th day post op. Man, I cannot wait.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2016, 06:12:55 PM »

Surgery took 10 hours so they, especially mom were worried sick. All good now.
3 PTs...forgot all their names. Dark skinned guy who is the seniormost PT and has worked here more than a decade, fair short woman and a woman that has worked here less than a month. Amazing how the last cute chick got my bend from 45 to 60.

Glad they're at ease.

The first PT sounds like Mr Chaudhary. Have you worked out yet whether a PT will do home visits or will you do the PT on your own with family to assist you in getting a better stretch in? Oh and did you ever meet the representative from Ellipse considering you paid for him to be there? Or did he only arrive after you were knocked out and left before you got to see him?

Also Dr. Parihar saw my x-rays, they checked out and said we will start lengthening on the 7th day post op. Man, I cannot wait.

That's great! And one of the best parts about you doing internals is that you don't have to spend two hours a day cleaning pin sites and changing bloody/scabby dressings.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2016, 06:28:31 PM »

10 hours? Damn...

Penguinn

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2016, 06:30:26 PM »

Glad they're at ease.

The first PT sounds like Mr Chaudhary. Have you worked out yet whether a PT will do home visits or will you do the PT on your own with family to assist you in getting a better stretch in? Oh and did you ever meet the representative from Ellipse considering you paid for him to be there? Or did he only arrive after you were knocked out and left before you got to see him?

That's great! And one of the best parts about you doing internals is that you don't have to spend two hours a day cleaning pin sites and changing bloody/scabby dressings.

Yep, it's Mr. Chaudhary. The third PT refuses home visits and travelling to my home in the evening is ideal for the dude, so it will be Mr. Chaudhary if we can get him.

I did not once meet with the representative. Came when I was knocked out, gone before I came to. How did you guess? Is this a regular thing? Maybe he's Santa.

Yeah, I asked about how I was doing compared to Ilizarov patients and the nurses told me about the pin sites. I have some newfound respect for people doing Ilizarov, especially alone in another country.

Penguinn

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2016, 06:32:13 PM »

10 hours? Damn...

From the time I went in to when I came out. Although most faulty nails(0.3% I hear) happen due to the surgeon hitting it in too hard, Parihar did a textbook perfect procedure and it still happened. I'm a real statistic, huh?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2016, 07:20:52 PM »

From the time I went in to when I came out. Although most faulty nails(0.3% I hear) happen due to the surgeon hitting it in too hard, Parihar did a textbook perfect procedure and it still happened. I'm a real statistic, huh?

I believe Dr Birkholtz experienced a faulty nail, too.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2016, 07:26:47 PM »

Congratulations Penguinn. I knew you would do it and be OK!

How do you know that Parihar did a textbook perfect procedure? Did he say that? Monegal says all his surgeries are perfect and they aren't. Some surgeons aren't to be trusted. Parihar seems good but I don't trust LL surgeons anymore.

It's good to know that the rod could be tested in the OR and it failed and it was changed. Monegal said it was one of the main disadvantages of Precice against Fitbone, that it couldn't be tested, but in fact the Fitbone rod has failed sometimes in OR and they did nothing to replace it like in your case and patients had to have new surgeries.

10 hours for 2 legs is good including anaesthesia and recovery room. I know about people who spent 10 hours down there for one leg!

By the way you should have met the Ellipse representative if you paid for it.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

onemorefoot

« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2016, 07:55:04 PM »

I think the doctor did a textbook procedure, you can be sure because just one nail falied not both, so was a mistake from the company.
Budget will determine my future.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2016, 08:08:30 PM »

This demonstrates he knows how to do it, but it doesnt' necessarily mean he does only perfect procedures
Im just playing the devil's advocate. Nothing against Parihar! He seems good enough to me and honest!
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

onemorefoot

« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2016, 08:14:38 PM »

Yes, perfect surgeries just Sarin. ;)
Budget will determine my future.

Ozymandias

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2016, 08:47:15 PM »

Oh and did you ever meet the representative from Ellipse considering you paid for him to be there? Or did he only arrive after you were knocked out and left before you got to see him?

What is this all about? Is the "assistance" from a representative from Ellipse included in the price when you pay for a Precice surgery?

Monegal blah blah blah Monegal blah blah blah Monegal blah blah blah Monegal blah blah blah Monegal blah blah blah Monegal

Would really appreciate if you stop invading unrelated threads (Penguinn, Unicorn) with your paranoia. Could you limit yourself to scaring Spanish ladies in old forums using google translator, Adviser4ll... I mean, LLuser1?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2016, 08:53:26 PM »

Its because of guys like this LLuser that people will not post diaries... Thx  
I learned some stuff during this time

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2016, 08:54:24 PM »

What is this all about? Is the "assistance" from a representative from Ellipse included in the price when you pay for a Precice surgery?

I believe the representative comes to be in the OT with any surgeon who is implanting the Precice nail for the first time, and any subsequent implants of the Precice nail will not require the representative to be there. I could be wrong though.

Penguinn

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2016, 10:12:34 PM »

Congratulations Penguinn. I knew you would do it and be OK!

How do you know that Parihar did a textbook perfect procedure? Did he say that? Monegal says all his surgeries are perfect and they aren't. Some surgeons aren't to be trusted. Parihar seems good but I don't trust LL surgeons anymore.

It's good to know that the rod could be tested in the OR and it failed and it was changed. Monegal said it was one of the main disadvantages of Precice against Fitbone, that it couldn't be tested, but in fact the Fitbone rod has failed sometimes in OR and they did nothing to replace it like in your case and patients had to have new surgeries.

10 hours for 2 legs is good including anaesthesia and recovery room. I know about people who spent 10 hours down there for one leg!

By the way you should have met the Ellipse representative if you paid for it.
The Ellipse representative is proof that it was the rod itself that failed. Dr. P simply let me know that usually the rod failing would be the surgeon's fault, but it wasn't.

Didn't want to meet the representative pre op. Was anxioue about my LL.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2016, 10:32:32 PM »

Maybe it got damaged when shipped or something? Who knows.

Hope you won't get big lengthening pain.

Penguinn

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2016, 10:36:45 PM »

Nope, they are shipped in pristine condition. It wasn't responding to the magnet.

And thanks!

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2016, 10:51:57 PM »

Bad luck with the nail then
I hope you have good luck from now

Penguinn

« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2016, 11:04:19 PM »

Thanks. It doesn't seem to have affected me or I just recover fast.

Peaceout

« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2016, 05:45:44 AM »

Thanks. It doesn't seem to have affected me or I just recover fast.
You are very young,im sure it will help you alot about recovery.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »

You'd think it'd be wise to check the mechanism prior to insertion of the nail. The only thing I can see prohibiting this is perhaps it is unsanitary to do so.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Penguinn

« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2016, 07:30:52 PM »

You'd think it'd be wise to check the mechanism prior to insertion of the nail. The only thing I can see prohibiting this is perhaps it is unsanitary to do so.

That, or it has to go in exactly a certain way.

Penguinn

« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2016, 09:59:19 PM »

Don't understand why I can't sleep. Usually I only sleep for 1.5 hours at night, and randomly for 1.5 hours during an exhausted part of the day. The pain is very bearable while sitting still...yet at night I get a fresh pain patch and a pill..I should be out like a baby. Might ask for sleeping pills tomorrow but really don't want to.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2016, 01:19:23 AM »

Lack of sleep is going to be one of the worst things about lengthening. Sleeping pills didn't help me too much.

Mtall

« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2016, 04:18:42 AM »

Lack of sleep is going to be one of the worst things about lengthening. Sleeping pills didn't help me too much.

This lack of sleep only lasts as long as the lengthening phase, right? It doesn't spill into the consolidation phase, or does it?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23   Go Up